New MJ Video Game to be released before Christmas 2009 [All threads merged]

Lol at all these people having a console war, they are each great in their own ways, and each have some top quality games on them. Wii is great for its party games and anything light-hearted but there are a lack of quality games that are single players, there are some but not that many. XBox 360 has a great game library and is great if you love your first person shooters because there are plenty of great ones on it and it has the best online community out of all the consoles but the console itself have issues with breaking down I know a few people who have the dreaded 'red rings of death' problem and Microsoft are not very good at sorting the problem out and have charged a bomb for it to be fixed when the error occurs, plus there's often graphics when running certain games like Grand Theft Auto. PS3 is the most expensive which has put some people off but it has a blu-ray player built in and although the online component may not be as good as XBox Live at the moment it is improving and the big bonus is that its completely free and they don't charge you anything unlike Xbox, game wise the PS3 has a lot more exclusives being developed for it now that are coming out this year and next year that are being highly sought after and combine this with an upcoming price cut that's due to be announced, your going to see a big boost in sales. They all have their positives and negatives and in all honesty they all offer their own unique experience in terms of games.

Plus its funny how people are saying Natal is better PS Eye when none of you have tried both of them. Before people get confused Eyetoy was for the PS2 but Sony have been developing a new motion sensor product for a long time for the PS3 called PS Eye. At the moment neither PS Eye and Natal have been brought out but PS Eye has been worked on over a longer period and is due to be released sometime this year while Natal is due for release next year. It will be interesting to see how both Natal and the PS Eye will work when they are released.

Anyway, this game that is being developed obviously isn't a Singstar game since Singstar is exclusive to Sony and is not avaliable for the Wii (although there have been mentions that a Singstar game is being developed for the PS3 and PS2.) I have a feeling that this new game is going to be based around Michael's music videos and probably will have various levels inspired by them. I know there was mention a year ago of Moonwalker being completely reworked for the PS3, so this could have been in the works for quite a while.

For all those who are saying that a game inspired by MJ's music or videos featuring Michael Jackson won't work then I guess you are not aware of a game called Brutal Legend featuring Jack Black coming out later this year that is being developed that is based all around playing levels rooted in the front covers of various rock albums and people in the gaming world are very much looking forward to it. So maybe its best to reserve judgement until you see previews of the game and how it is in action before saying 'oh no it will never work and no one will buy it' etc. There Rock Band Metallica, Aerosmith and Singstar Queen and they have sold really well and there's a Beatles game coming out so why not Michael Jackson one.

:angel:

I couldn't have said it better.

Amen to your post!:angel:

Despite it being Michaels game I doubt Sony will have anything to do with this other than supplying the music.

AGB as much as i respect your take on the Console Wars if you like, lol.

First Ps eye IS INDEED OUT!! has been since October 27th 2007! The ps eye does indeed have motion tracking capabilities and as previously stated does indeed do everything NOW what Natal may or maynot as there has not been anything PHYsically running! unlike Sony which has!

If you want further proof look here>>>>http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=214877
and maybe MIKE saw this lol>>>> thought this is what i want my game on lol!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OjO81xHu8A

well back on topic, this should be more excitement to the already huge comeback!

Terry

Thanks for that Terry, I wasn't aware that the PS Eye is already out. However, its obvious it hasn't really been utilised much yet, there are very few games that support it, the major ones being Eye of Judgement (a card game which didn't really take off that well) and also Fight Night. Obviously though the PS Eye will get more attention when the motion sensitive controller that Sony are developing comes out.

Obviously though the PS Eye will get more attention when the motion sensitive controller that Sony are developing comes out.
It is already out, it has been out since the launch of the PS3.

The motion sensing controller isn't out. It was only just announced at E3
exactly...
and this means, that the ps eye can't recognize 3D motion, because otherwise the new motion sensor controller would be useless...

of course it can, but for *precision* this is what the the *wand* is used in conjuction with, if it could not use motion control then what is eye pet doing? you can observe that this is using in out and depth to screen!

Anyhow i carnt wait for more details on this game.

T

Hopefully it will be something like the upcoming game 'The Beatles: Rock Band', sort of Rock Legends. Simply amazing. :mello:
Check it out: http://www.thebeatlesrockband.com/trailer.php

It won't be anything like that. (Although i'm sure Mike will see some money from that game :) The Beatles Rockband is the big one for this year, if Michael was doing one too, it would've been announced. I don't think his catalogue generally lends itself to something like Rock Band.

I hope that who ever was working on this game can still do so in memory of Michael. He should have one last game. After all its been over 20 years since his last game!

i don't have any new generation consoles, so i'm hoping they would release a pc version too :(

I would love a Guitar hero of just MJ songs....or maybe not only MJ songs, but J5 songs, Jackson songs, and Janet Jackson songs....on PS2 of course. :)

Back