**The Offical Wrestling thread ** [Merged]

sweet princess

Proud Member
Breaking News-Eddie "Umaga"Fatu is dead.

(WWE) Breaking Updates: Umaga Funeral Plans, WWE Helping Out

As noted earlier today here on the website, Eddie "Umaga" Fatu has passed away.

I'm told that WWE is working with Fatu's family and there may be a service on Tuesday or Wednesday. A lot of the crew would be able to attend since SmackDown! is being taped in Houston, TX next week. RAW is being taped in Dallas. Fatu was living in Spring, TX, a Houston suburb, and lived near Shelton Benjamin, Shad Gaspard, MVP and The Great Khali. He was also business partners with Charlie Haas.
WWE issued an announcement regarding Fatu's passing earlier this evening. We've posted that here on the website.
I received an email from a top TNA talent earlier today which brought up an interesting point. My source noted: Noone has mentioned the (economy class syndrome) that causes blood clots on long flights, and there is no longer flight than Australia. There are many people within the industry that are very upset about the passing. Although Fatu has had past issues with drugs, everyone I've talked to today is saying that he was a fun-loving guy with a great sense of humor who you loved being around.

I send my love & support to Eddie's friends, fans & family:(

Re: **The Offical Wrestling thread V.2**

My little brother broke me the news over the phone last night and I was shocked to hear it, now he's added on the 2009 death list. I was never a fan of Umaga, I remeber the greatest match he has done with Bobby Lashley at WrestleMania 23 representing their repectable billionares, Umaga for Vince McMahon (Boo!) and Lashley for Donald Trump (Woo!) and Stone Cold Steve Austin as guest referee, that was one of the best WrestleMania moments. I sent my prayers to Umaga, his friends, fans and family.

Taker vs. Hbk Round 2 @ WM26

After Shawn Michaels issued the challenge on RAW a few weeks back, it appears they are going forward with the Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker rematch at next year's Wrestlemania.

WWE has tossed around ideas recently of having names like Vince McMahon, Chris Jericho and John Cena try to break the streak at next year's big show. The storyline between Undertaker and McMahon on Smackdown seems to have been dropped.

Former WWE Superstar Blasts the Company, Hall of Famer Changes His Name?
By Marc Middleton
Dec 28, 2009 - 3:42:29 AM

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- WWE Hall of Famer Greg "The [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]Hammer[/COLOR][/COLOR]" Valentine has apparently changed his legal name from John Wisniski, Jr. to Gregory Lee.

- Former WWE Superstar Kizarny, who was released back in March of this year, recently had the following to say about WWE in an interview:

"Working at WWE was also awful because there is so much politics and back stabbing you never know who your enemies are because they are all gutlessly and unaccountably hiding in the shadows."

"I wasn't given a straight reason why I was released. One minute I was told how unique I was and how great of a work ethic I had. The next minute they had nothing for me. I have heard many different theories. I guess I just didn't fit their mold of cookie cutter. Not enough abs showing I guess even though in the ring I can run circles around every ex-NFL [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]player[/COLOR][/COLOR] or jacked up underwear model collecting a paycheck in the WWE developmental system. Vince and his billion dollar case of ADD wants Ken Dolls [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]sports[/COLOR][/COLOR] entertaining against other Ken Dolls at the moment. Me looking weird or different didn’t compute with the tunnel vision that WWE sometimes has even though Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson and Hot F*****g Topic retail [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]stores[/COLOR][/COLOR] are all the rage with kiddies."

Departing [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]ECW[/COLOR][/COLOR] original claims he is not done wrestling for WWE
By Brian Cantor
Dec 29, 2009 - 2:30:52 AM

Despite reports treating Tommy Dreamer's WWE run as complete, the 'ECW Original' personally confirmed that he will be wrestling on Tuesday's [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]episode[/COLOR][/COLOR] of ECW.

"Tommy Dreamer is headed to the IZOD Center in New Jersey. I am bringing my wrestling boots, because I am going to work," wrote Dreamer on his WWE Universe [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]blog[/COLOR][/COLOR]. "I am going to make the last episode of ECW this decade, Extreme!"

Dreamer's post urges fans to tune into the final ECW episode of the 2000s, "calling upon all the WWE Universe to start a massive internet campaign. If you have ever watched or watch ECW to tune in tomorrow night. Set your DVRs, telll a friend, send [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]emails[/COLOR][/COLOR], do what you got to do to spread the word."

Cant wait for Bret Harts return! What a way to kick of a new decade!

Hey! I missed totally the first wrestling thread, sorry mates. :( Forgive me.

But Bret Hart returns! I know, this could be like one night stand but I'd love to see great storyline including HBK, Vince and Bret. It would be awesome. And thinking about Hart Legacy, this could get very interesting next Monday.

Oh yeah and then TNA. TNA IMPACT GOES HEAD-TO-HEAD WITH RAW! And TNA, oh man, they are planning big things over there. I love competition, this is getting interesting!

The Best returns Monday...I can't wait!!!

I can't wait to see it, I asked my brother to record it for me through PVR. I'm hoping Bret makes peace with Shawn, he's gonna learn to forgive him because Shawn told Bret that he was sorry and didn't buy it.

I can't wait to see it, I asked my brother to record it for me through PVR. I'm hoping Bret makes peace with Shawn, he's gonna learn to forgive him because Shawn told Bret that he was sorry and didn't buy it.

I don't know about that.I think Shawn is full of it to be honest.When Bret was being inducted into the Hall Of Fame Shawn left his chair.

I don't know about that.I think Shawn is full of it to be honest.When Bret was being inducted into the Hall Of Fame Shawn left his chair.

Im actually sure it was agreed upon that Shawn wouldnt be in the audience for Brets induction. It wasnt like Shawn just decided to leave there and then.

Dont you all find it interesting that a lot of MJ fans are also wrestling fans? It must be that overall appreciation for great entertainment.

Oh yeah. I havent been as excited about anything in wrestling as I am for Bret Harts return on Monday since probably when Stone Cold returned at NWO 2003.

Then you have all the stuff going on in TNA. I dont watch TNA at all really as im a loyal WWE guy. But they have some highly interesting things going on with Hogan, Bischoff, The Outsiders, Waltman, supposedly RVD and all that.

I dont think a new decade has ever started with such a bang in wrestling ever. Its crazy.

Last edited:

NZPWI.co.zi recently conducted a lengthy interview with Bret Hart where the WWE Hall of Famer discussed a slew of topics including Shawn Michaels, Randy Orton, whether he follows WWE's product, possibly hosting a future edition of Raw, TNA, if he'd ever wrestle again, reaction to his book, and more.

Regarding reaction from people within the wrestling industry to his autobiography, Hitman: My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Wrestling, Hart says he hasn't gotten much feedback.

"Surprisingly I haven’t heard a great deal back. And I've come to the conclusion..." he pauses, setting it up, "that maybe a lot of wrestlers cannot read a book this big." He laughs but then clarifies that beyond the gentle ribbing he is sure that maybe the book is actually too big for those with a busy travel schedule. "I made sure that books made it to The Undertaker and to "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and I am disappointed that I haven't heard anything back from them. I thought I might. But nothing. They're busy I guess, maybe one day I'll hear something but I'm not holding my breath."

When asked if he still keeps up with the WWE product, Hart says he's watched just about every television match The Hart Dynasty have had in the company.

"I'm as proud as can be of them, I think they’re all great and they deserve every success and I think they're doing great; they have what it takes to be big stars. I think I've seen just about every match they’ve had. I catch up on YouTube and my girlfriend has been great at keeping me up to date with their matches if I miss them."

Hart also favors Randy Orton.

"I'm a big fan but I'm a little upset with how he is being used; they're doing the same thing with him over and over and I think they need to change it up, try something new with him." He was sad to see Jeff Hardy bow out recently "because he's just great; but he had an excellent run and he's always exciting."

During the interview, Hart discusses Shawn Michaels quite a bit, noting "Montreal," leaving his seat during his 2006 Hall of Fame induction, and his ghost-written autobiography. While Hart will always praise him as a performer, he is not impressed with him and Triple H endlessly re-running the D-Generation X.

"When I see them I just want to put my finger down my throat; it makes me want to be sick," Hart said.

There are rumors going around saying he may return to host an upcoming episode of Monday Night Raw. Considering Michaels and Hunter still appear on Raw, Hart is asked how he would deal working with them.

"Well, there are rumours, there are always rumours and I am open for offers. But..." and here he drinks in a large pause, "that [seeing Shawn and Hunter] would have to be something that was discussed before hand; we cross that bridge I guess if we come to it."

When asked to give his thoughts on TNA, Hart says "is good for the wrestling, but I'm not so sure about the ridiculous storylines. I don’t get it. But they have some great people, I think pound-for-pound A.J. Styles might be the best wrestler in the world today; he’s one of them anyway. That's for sure."

When asked if he would ever return to the ring, Hart says "never-say-never because it is the wrestling industry, but it is very unlikely." He adds he'd like to wrestle Kurt Angle if he had one more match, as well as Rey Mysterio and A.J. Styles.

Hogan Says WWE is Panicking, Talks Hart's Return, DX & Hornswoggle, TNA and More
By Marc Middleton
Jan 2, 2010 - 1:24:06 AM

- IGN.com spoke with Hulk Hogan recently about his return to wrestling and the war between TNA and WWE. Here are some of the highlights:

IGN TV: We're closing in on January 4th now and with TNA Impact airing live against RAW. You've got a big night headed your way. Is TNA ready to go live?

Hulk Hogan: We're going to find out, aren't we? I'm going up against the monster, brother. I'm heading into the gun fight. I'm heading in and I'm bringing the biggest blow dart I can get. It's going to be exciting.

IGN: Of course, we all remember the success you had when you joined in WCW in the mid-90s. What's is TNA like right now compared to what WCW was like back in the day?

Hogan: Brother, that's the brilliant question. And you know what – and I don't mean this in tongue in cheek way - but it's like deja vu. When I walked in to WCW they were producing wrestling on a little teeny sound stage at Disney, okay? I'm walking into TNA and their producing wrestling in a little teeny sound stage at Universal. When I walked in to WCW, the WWF was the monster. They were the monopoly. I'm walking into TNA and the WWE is the monster. The monopoly. There were no choices back when I did WCW. The fans didn't have a choice. It's the same way now. It's almost like [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]history[/COLOR][/COLOR] is repeating itself and giving me another chance to do this and show the wrestling world what wrestling should be like. Not to make wrestling like it used to be, but to show that John Cena shouldn't be the only guy with life and character. Thinking more about it – it's exactly the same, man. It's scary. It's happening all over again. The only difference now I guess is that when I left before and went to WCW the fans were mad at me. "Oh, how could you leave the WWF?" The fans were kind of pissed at me. This time the vibe is that the fans are with me. They're for me and they want to see this happen. They know that competition is good and that the best time in wrestling was the Monday Night Wars back in the day.

IGN: On this past WWE RAW, there was a fan in the crowd holding up a Hogan sign, basically calling out your TNA show on the 4th. Have you been feeling that that the fans are really behind you on this move?

Hogan: Yeah, they're for me. It's kind of weird. It's a double edge sword. The fans know what's happened to me over the past couple of years. I lost my family. I pretty much got devastated financially and the fans know that I've had some hard times - and that's the nature of loyal fans. They want to see the people that they love and believe in get back on their feet. That's part of it. And the other part of it is that the fans are sick of this monopoly. They're sick of contrived programming. They're sick of seeing Shawn Michaels and Triple H run around like a couple of degenerates and act goofy and, you know, doing the whole Hornswoggle thing. The fans are tired of that weak programming.

And then, as you saw, on RAW Shawn Michaels came out and broke character and he's as serious as a heart attack and he did a great interview with Vince [McMahon] saying, "I can beat The Undertaker" and "I want a rematch for Wrestlemania." Which is great, you know, they're promoting it way out ahead. And I'll be really glad - wink wink wink – to see Bret Hart come back. You know, that's the first thing that's meant anything with Shawn Michaels in a long time since he wrestled Hulk Hogan at SummerSlam. And I'm glad to see it. And you know what? I'm already winning. Everybody said "Oh, we [TNA] can't go to Monday nights." And I said "well, let's ask the head of Spike TV." And guess what? He said "yes." So I won there. Now all of a sudden they had an emergency meeting up in Stamford, Connecticut last Thursday. Vince is panicking and scrambling.

I'm so happy to see Bret Hart come in to go against me because he hated the business. He was bitter. He hated Vince. And you've got to move on. Positively. I'm so happy to see Bret – and I've talked to some of Bret's family members and he's excited about coming. He's excited about coming to RAW. I love Bret Hart to death. I'm excited for Bret to come back. And guess what? I already won again. Because Vince McMahon is now showing that he's worried about Hulk Hogan going head to head. So Vince is going to do all he can to squash me on Monday night and I'm given the opportunity of a lifetime. It's like a human being going up against a monster. The WWE is a monster and the fans are behind me and they want to see me give Vince a fight for his life. And if I get knocked down, I'll just keep getting back up. And the head of Spike TV said. "You know, if wrestling stirs up some interest on Monday I might do this once a month." And then he continued to say that if Hulk Hogan and TNA does good on this Monday he wouldn't be opposed to putting TNA on every Monday. That's a dream for the wrestling fans. Now the fans have a choice. When I can get TNA up and running, the talent -- like John Cena, Rey Mysterio, The Big Show and The Undertaker -- all these guys will have a choice. It's kind of like having the NFL and the AFL. There's no choice right now for the talent or the fans.

IGN: You mentioned the ring and Vince Russo already. Can you talk more about some of the changes that you'd like to bring to TNA?

Hogan: Well, brother, I'm going to do everything from change the [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]logo[/COLOR][/COLOR] to try to get new, and more, sponsors. I'm going to do everything from change people's gimmicks to get rid of people. I'm going to bring some people in with me. I'm going to change everything that needs to be fixed. And you know what? It's not like I have a magic wand and 20 million and I can change it all overnight. It's going to be a gradual progression. And hopefully Dixie Carter will like what I'm doing so that I can continue on, but I think this is a momentum shifting move for TNA. And I really feel that I know this business better than anybody else. I worked for Vince's dad, you know. And then Vince's dad died and it was all given to Vince and I was there every step of the way as he was [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]learning[/COLOR][/COLOR] the business and getting plugged in and focused. And I was there all through the 80s with Vince – with us as the greatest promoter and the greatest monster in the wrestling business. And I do feel, after talking with Vince over the past couple months and before I signed with TNA – and listening to him creatively and his ideas about what he's doing with his product – that we've got one hell of a shot, brother.

IGN: You just wrapped up a wrestling tour down in Australia with Flair. I have to ask you…what are the chances of getting in the ring and wrestling some matches in TNA?

Hogan: Slim to none, man. I don't have a deal to wrestle there. You can just think of it as if Dixie Carter had hired Vince McMahon to come in and breathe super energy and super life into the product. Think if Vince was actually hired, what would he do? And that's the best way I can describe it. Vince is the best example to use. I can't say Ted Turner or Johnny Cash. Vince is the best example. It's almost as if Dixie hired Vince McMahon to come in and make sure this was a momentum-shifting year and a big move and that TNA becomes the company that puts out the best product. That's why I'm going there. And I told her that if the time comes when she's doing a dissertation or talking to the guys or laying down the law and that crowd starts going "Hogan Stinks! Hogan Stinks!" then you've got a problem. Because one of the things that the WWE does is they shove programming down people throats instead of listening to the fans. And you do have to give the fans what they want. So you never know, brother. After three back [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]surgeries[/COLOR][/COLOR] and going on the Australian tour I'm very limited. But the fans are so loyal and they know the character's been through hell and back again. And they know my personal life. If I just crawl my way to the ring with one arm they'd probably still be cheering for me. I'm not planning on wrestling. I'm really not. But in this business, you know, Vince McMahon and I say that you can never say never.

Major wrestling names reportedly at UFC 108, Possible RAW *spoiler*
By Brian Cantor

According to correspondent reports, [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]Hulk [COLOR=#fff200! important]Hogan[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] and Shane McMahon are both in Las Vegas for Saturday's UFC 108: Evans vs. Silva [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]pay-per-view[/COLOR][/COLOR].

In the case of Hogan, he would presumably be working to drum up a final bit of publicity for Monday's TNA special. In the case of McMahon, sources believe he is trying to get people buzzing about a jump to UFC.

Officially resigned from WWE, McMahon is reportedly hoping to generate publicity for a potential crossover to UFC despite not having any imminent plans to join the leading mixed [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]martial [COLOR=#fff200! important]arts[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] group.

-- The Hart Dynasty was reportedly called to RAW, presumably to appear in an angle related to [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]Bret [COLOR=#fff200! important]Hart's[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] return.
WWE Officials Hoping for [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]Jeff [COLOR=#fff200! important]Hardy[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] vs. CM Punk at This Year's [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]WrestleMania[/COLOR][/COLOR] 26
By Marc Middleton
Jan 2, 2010 - 2:03:44 PM

Source: F4Wonline.com

- WWE officials have wanted Jeff Hardy to face CM Punk at this year's WrestleMania 26 [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]pay-per-view[/COLOR][/COLOR] from Arizona.

When Hardy left WWE last year, the impression was given that he would return for a match with Punk at WrestleMania. While nothing has been set in [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]stone[/COLOR][/COLOR] yet, WWE officials are hoping Hardy will return to start the build for the match.

One issue surrounding Hardy's return would be his pending criminal charges from his arrest last year and how it might affect Linda McMahon's political career.

Because of Hogan jumped to TNA, I stopped watching TNA and I am never watching that again. Ever. Now it's gonna be Monday Night War II, with TNA vs Raw.

Pfft! I doubt Bischoff (The worst manager ever) has anything to do with TNA.

Hulk Hogan To Address CM Punk's Shoot Comments On Him, Kelly Kelly Desirable
-- It seems that Hulk Hogan has a press tour coming up on Monday morning. He's calling into "The BJ Shea Morning Experience" on 99.9 KISW/"The Rock of Seattle" on Monday at 6:50 a.m. PST to promote the live Impact. He is going also going to address some comments from WWE's CM Punk made on BJ's show before the [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]holiday [COLOR=#fff200! important]break[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]. Here's a link to that audio: http://is.gd/5K34V. About 9:50 into the [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]audio [COLOR=#fff200! important]file[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR], Punk talks about TNA and shoots on the product and Hulk Hogan. The show is going to play this audio for Hulk on Monday at and get his reaction. KISW has a [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]ACC[/COLOR][/COLOR]+ audio stream that plays quite well in [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]WinAmp[/COLOR][/COLOR]: http://provisioning.streamtheworld.com/pls/KISWFMAAC.pls. (Thanks to Dave L for sending in this news)

-- Kelly Kelly was the only WWE Diva to be listed in AskMen.com's most desirable women of 2010.

Jeff Hardy Returning for WM26??

Source: F4WOnline.com [COLOR=#003399! important][COLOR=#003399! important]WWE[/COLOR][/COLOR]

officials are eying a match between CM Punk and a returning Jeff Hardy at WrestleMania 26.
At the time of Hardy's departure this past summer, the impression given would be that he would return for a match with Punk at [COLOR=#003399! important][COLOR=#003399! important]WrestleMania[/COLOR][/COLOR]. Though movement has not yet been made, some within the company expect Hardy to return to build the program.
One potential barrier is Hardy's ongoing drug-related case on charges of trafficking in controlled prescription pills and possession of anabolic steroids. With Linda McMahon's political aspirations still ongoing, the feeling is that WWE would not bring him back until his case gets put to rest.

Rare photos of Maryse

maryseassets49.jpg

maryseassets56.jpg

maryseassets67.jpg

Pfft! I doubt Bischoff (The worst manager ever) has anything to do with TNA.

He does though.

He was never a manager. He was GENERAL manager of Raw in kayfabe. He was president of WCW and made it ultra successful and beat Raw in 84 consecutive weeks in the ratings.

Yeah, but still I called him that because I hate him since he tries desperately hard to screw John Cena about 5 years ago around the time I started watcing WWE.

Since I'm now watching Raw to see Bret Hart. I wanna show you this.

Hinata_Hyuga_vs_Bret_Hart_by_Prince_of_Pop.jpg

I submitted this on my page a couple of months ago and look who's the guest referee? So what do ya think? Huh? Huh?

Are you guys seeing this!?

After al these years, I cant believe im watching HBK and Bret Hart HUG in the middle of the ring :|

Felt a bit awkward, as if neither really wanted to do it.

I'm just seeing it, in fact I' recording through PVR, that's what I've been waiting and it seems to me that Bret might have forgiven Shawn and that's what I wanted. I thought I was gonna cry. That Vince is still a coward he is. Damn that coward.

Dosen't eric bishoff have something to do with tna ?

BTW , what's the story with the royal rumble , is their any hints as to who might win :)

secret entrant EDGE!

Hug... come on! I wanted HBK to Sweet Chin Music Hitman!

Hug... come on! I wanted HBK to Sweet Chin Music Hitman!

That hug was SO awkward! I heard some fan calling it a shoot. It wasnt a shoot at all.

I think theyd met each other backstage earlier in the night or something, or perhaps even before that! To work out there differences, then the in ring altercation was a semi-shoot.

I got chills though.......from the whole thing. Seeing HBk walk down to the ring with Bret Hart watching him was incredible. I also marked out big time for the reference to the Jerry Lawler and Bret Hart feud from 1993! I LOVED THAT! King needs to go heel again.

Jeff Hardy Returns To TNA On Monday iMPACT!

Posted on Monday, January 4, 2010 at 9:25 pm
Filed under TNA News · Tagged with

0 tweets tweet

Former WWE World champion Jeff Hardy returned to TNA tonight during the live Impact special.
After the Steel Cage Assylum match finished in a no-contest, Hardy’s theme music hit and he emerged from the crowd.
As Jeff Hardy made his way to the ring, Homicide attacked him. They brawled briefly before Hardy drilled him in the head with a nasty chairshot. Hardy then climbed to the top of the Asylum and sat perched atop of it as TNA went to commercial

Back