New regulations at Forest Lawn

Vici

Proud Member
Friends/fans who have been there these past days have reported that FL are taking measures to handle the situation.

Not only have fans managed to snuck into Holly Terrace several times, but even people who have family buried in the Holly Terrace have told fans their family name so that they can try to sneak in on their own using that name too.

A week a ago, a friend of mine reported that ONLY flowers that was being bought at FL flowershop was allowed in. Apparantly, the directions came from the Jackson family. However, Im not completely sure about this any longer, so dont take this as gospel at this time. But, if you really wanna be sure that your gift is being taken inside Holly Terrace, its best to order from their flowershop.

Forest Lawn have now created a platform on the lawn right outside Holly Terrace where fans can leave their flowers for Michael. Apparantly, they want to distract people so they wont go to the patio/doors. Dont know how long they will have this platform- some say just during summer and MJs birthday and then hopefully everything will cool down while others have said that security have told them the platform will be there forever. This platform is suppose to function as a "monument" where you leave your gifts for MJ. They dont want fans up on the patio/by the doors so this is their solution at this time.

The platform
platform.jpg

platt.jpg

No flags/stuffed animals, candles etc are being brought into Holly Terrace anymore. To my understanding, only flowers are allowed in to Holly Terrace at this moment. All gifts are being placed in a storage and these items are put aside for the Jacksons to decide what to do with it.

This is what has been reported at this time from different fans that have visited and talked with security at Forest Lawn. However, it seems like there is always a change in their system and what has been reported today by fans will not be the same in a week or so.

Last edited:
Friends/fans who have been there these past days have reported that FL are taking measures to handle the situation.

Not only have fans managed to snuck into Holly Terrace several times, but even people who have family buried in the Holly Terrace have told fans their family name so that they can try to sneak in on their own using that name too.

A week a ago, a friend of mine reported that ONLY flowers that was being bought at FL flowershop was allowed in. Apparantly, the directions came from the Jackson family. However, Im not completely sure about this any longer, so dont take this as gospel at this time. But, if you really wanna be sure that your gift is being taken inside Holly Terrace, its best to order from their flowershop.

Forest Lawn have now created a platform right outside Holly Terrace where fans can leave their flowers for Michael. Apparantly, they want to distract people so they wont go to the patio/doors. Dont know how long they will have this platform- some say just during summer and MJs birthday and then hopefully everything will cool down while others have said that security have told them the platform will be there forever. This platform is suppose to function as a "monument" where you leave your gifts for MJ. They dont want fans up on the patio/by the doors so this is their solution at this time.

The platform
platform.jpg

platt.jpg

No flags/stuffed animals, candles etc are being brought into Holly Terrace anymore. To my understanding, only flowers are allowed in to Holly Terrace at this moment. All gifts are being placed in a storage and these items are put aside for the Jacksons to decide what to do with it.

This is what has been reported at this time from different fans that have visited and talked with security at Forest Lawn. However, it seems like there is always a change in their system and what has been reported today by fans will not be the same in a week or so.

wow. i wonder if this was ever the case for any other celeb buried there?

I think that is an excellent solution. Very nice of Forest Lawn to accommodate
Michael's fans this way. I hope there is peace now at Michael's final resting place.

Oh my gosh. Fans, come on.

Well good for Forest Lawn for taking action to this. I think that is a very great idea.

wow. i think thats a nice solution also to the problem. at least forest lawn is always making sure to never leave the fans out when it comes to paying respects to michael. if they wanted to they could just not allow us at all and only family to be anywhere near the holy terrace.im sad to hear that family members of those buried there are giving out their personal information to total strangers so they can go inside and see michael's grave site. thats just really sad. i cant imagine why any of michael's fans would want to see that. i know i sure wouldnt. not even if they allowed it i wouldnt. it was just be WAY to difficult for me to have to see that and i would just have a emotional brake down if i did. Im glad they are comming up with ways to fix the problems.although with all the problem fixing and the reasons behind them im starting to wonder if forest lawn is just going to get fed up with it all and request that michael's body be moved to another location bc when you think about it alot has been happening since he was brough there. its just a though. i hope it doesnt come to that though but you never know.

Don't you think the security will find out if any fans go inside holly terrace with some one else's burried name?I wonder if any fans really tried it? Because if they find out about that they never let them inside the Forest Lawn.

That is very nice of forest lawn, they don't have to let fans on the property at all yet they continue to despite some fans actions. I hope fans apprecitae their cooperation and act accordingly.

I find it rather sad... although it was to be expected after everything that's been happening...

It is said that fans are using other peoples names just to get in but I am not surprised. This is a good solution from FL. Whilst it has died down a bit after the anniversary its going to pick right back up again for Michael's birthday so its good to see this.

i think this is stupid.Michael should be put somewhere where the fans can bring him gifts and flowers and cards and whatever...this is what he will want!so much discipline is not his style...he loved his fans and he was so happy and crazy and fun when he was close to them:)

I don't blame fans for trying to get closer. I just hope they are respectful.

Apparantly, the whole sunflower were too much as well. Security actually have said to fans that the sunflowers pissed them off big time. They did not have the manpower to deal with so much in so little time.

Sad. I wish there was some official place where fans could gather and leave flowers etc for Michael without security saying "you can't leave that, you can't stay here, you can't...."

Never been to FL and probably never will :(
But I can't blame the fans for loving Michael so much. It's all because of the outpouring of love coming from their hearts.
Vandalizing the tomb is completely unacceptable, but FL administration should expect it--they knew they would deal with huge crowds for a dead celebrity.
They should have some standard policy to handle the situation. A plan should be worked out with the family somehow to keep security next to Michael's tomb on a 24/7, at least during mark dates.

Apparantly, the whole sunflower were too much as well. Security actually have said to fans that the sunflowers pissed them off big time. They did not have the manpower to deal with so much in so little time.

they can tell lisa marie not us.

i think this is stupid.michael should be put somewhere where the fans can bring him gifts and flowers and cards and whatever...this is what he will want!so much discipline is not his style...he loved his fans and he was so happy and crazy and fun when he was close to them:)
agree!

What are people thinking giving in names of people buried there to get inside. That's shameful and something Michael would be totally against. Bless Forest Lawn staff, I really do believe they're trying their best to accommodate the fans. I hope this works out.

tbh i doubt thats true. theres hardly joe bloggs buried in there. who knows clark gables family etc? security is either that slack that u only have to google a name of one of their relatives or its not true at all

This is good that FL are finally allocating a place where we can place flowers etc without them getting in the way or disrupting the day to day running of it :) I'm gonna look into going to FL with the next 6 months or so all being well.

Last edited:
Michael made forest lawn famous. Most people knew jack about this place until it was announced that he was going to be buried there. They should be happy. I wonder if they ever had this kind of outpouring of love for any other celebrity buried there.

Wrong, Michael is not the only famous person in that place it has been around for at least 100 years. Forrest Lawn was on the map way before Michael went there

Wrong, Michael is not the only famous person in that place it has been around for at least 100 years. Forrest Lawn was on the map way before Michael went there

I Didn't say he was the ONLY famous person. I said he was the MOST famous person.

i think this is great idea im just thankful that people are being let in there

^^Never heard of forest lawn before MJ's burial there. But MJ family should reconsider his final resting place. FL isn't a good choice, the security and rules are repelling fans and it's not good for his legacy.

i think that it´s necesary a place for fans, perhaps this place can stay in other place(not in Forest lawn).
It´s a difficult solution because it´s dificult reconcile the need of fans of showing their love and the right of privacy of the family.

In my opinion , there is a lot of loving fans that feel the need to go.

^^Never heard of forest lawn before MJ's burial there. But MJ family should reconsider his final resting place. FL isn't a good choice, the security and rules are repelling fans and it's not good for his legacy.

Where he is buried has nothing to do with his legacy. Just the fact that people are trying to sneak into that place just proves that the right chose was made

i think this is stupid.Michael should be put somewhere where the fans can bring him gifts and flowers and cards and whatever...this is what he will want!so much discipline is not his style...he loved his fans and he was so happy and crazy and fun when he was close to them:)

Really? Michael was very mixed about what he wanted from the fans. Sometimes he wanted the crowd madness, but other times he wished they would back off and he left several clues in his work which wasn't too overt to tick them off. But it's there. Read Moonwalk - he wasn't always happy with fan presence and Bruce Swedien et al can vouch for that.

FL is not a pop concert arena or stadium, so fans shouldn't be surprised at any regulations that are designed to keep them in line. If anything, fans could be diverted to a memorial somewhere near FL so that FL can once again be a peaceful place for the families of the deceased.

Back