LIFE magazine special edition with Michael

ilmjj

Proud Member
I am sorry I don't have a scanner but I will do my best to describe it.

On the cover there are 4 pictures on the top row, 4 on each side and 4 on the bottom row. Michael is in the top row with Marilyn Monroe, Princess Diana and President John F.Kennedy. In the center of the cover it says:
LIFE
GONE
TOO SOON
Their Lives Were
Not Long
But Mattered
On the inside they cover the lives of about 70 people from history,hollywood, various artists, sports and muscians.

They start with King Tut and on the last page is our beloved Michael. It is a beautiful full length picture of Michael from what appears Thriller-Bad era? It really is beautiful. Here is what they say:
Michael Jackson
1958-2009 The King of country:
gone too soon. The
king of the blues:
gone too soon. The king of soul: gone too soon.
The king of rock 'n roll: gone too soon. And then,
in 2009, the king of pop (whether he was self proclaimed, or anointed by his friend Elizabeth Taylor): gone too soon.

In the beginning, it all seemed so sweet and innocent: These five talented kids from the Jackson family of Gary, Indiana, could dance and sing, and the little one up front, Michael, was really something else. The Jacksons had a bunch of Motown hits, guested on the Ed Sullivan Show and became everyone's darlings.

Post-Jackson 5, the teenage Michael had a nice solo career going with the occasional hit ballad, like the one about the rat. And then the 1980s arrived: a decade that he had been waiting for, a decade that was waiting for him. He was ready to stun - to thrill - and the music and dance and even fashion worlds were eager to be stunned. He released the biggest album of all time; he moonwalked; he yelped; he changed everything overnight.

Many people focus on "world records" when seeking to define Michael Jackson, but as we close our book, we don't want to focus on records or numbers. We ask the question: Why do we feel that he was gone too soon?

Because we loved him. And we lost him. And we knew that, when he left us, he had more to give and, just as important, he still wanted to give it.

This was so very true of Michael...and all of the many others who had come, and gone, before.

I am sorry I don't have a scanner but I will do my best to describe it.

On the cover there are 4 pictures on the top row, 4 on each side and 4 on the bottom row. Michael is in the top row with Marilyn Monroe, Princess Diana and President John F.Kennedy. In the center of the cover it says:
LIFE
GONE
TOO SOON
Their Lives Were
Not Long
But Mattered
On the inside they cover the lives of about 70 people from history,hollywood, various artists, sports and muscians.

They start with King Tut and on the last page is our beloved Michael. It is a beautiful full length picture of Michael from what appears Thriller-Bad era? It really is beautiful. Here is what they say:
Michael Jackson
1958-2009 The King of country:
gone too soon. The
king of the blues:
gone too soon. The king of soul: gone too soon.
The king of rock 'n roll: gone too soon. And then,
in 2009, the king of pop (whether he was self proclaimed, or anointed by his friend Elizabeth Taylor): gone too soon.

In the beginning, it all seemed so sweet and innocent: These five talented kids from the Jackson family of Gary, Indiana, could dance and sing, and the little one up front, Michael, was really something else. The Jacksons had a bunch of Motown hits, guested on the Ed Sullivan Show and became everyone's darlings.

Post-Jackson 5, the teenage Michael had a nice solo career going with the occasional hit ballad, like the one about the rat. And then the 1980s arrived: a decade that he had been waiting for, a decade that was waiting for him. He was ready to stun - to thrill - and the music and dance and even fashion worlds were eager to be stunned. He released the biggest album of all time; he moonwalked; he yelped; he changed everything overnight.

Many people focus on "world records" when seeking to define Michael Jackson, but as we close our book, we don't want to focus on records or numbers. We ask the question: Why do we feel that he was gone too soon?

Because we loved him. And we lost him. And we knew that, when he left us, he had more to give and, just as important, he still wanted to give it.

This was so very true of Michael...and all of the many others who had come, and gone, before.

Michael Jackson was, is and will forever be honoured as the KIng of Pop by the WHOLE world for his unmatched creative genius, unparalleled global fame and success and invincible world records!

And yes, he had still to give, he is still giving, and teaching us all to do so in whichever way we can and that is why he is the King of hearts too! Will always be!

Michael Jackson was, is and will forever be honoured as the KIng of Pop by the WHOLE world for his unmatched creative genius, unparalleled global fame and success and invincible world records!

And yes, he had still to give, he is still giving, and teaching us all to do so in whichever way we can and that is why he is the King of hearts too! Will always be!

:wub:

:weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

I+MISS+YOU.jpg

Gawd, this just hurts so much...Will the pain ever go away? :cry:

i saw it at target and turned my head, i know hes gone and im sick of being reminded, im still trying 2 escape reality i guess...im still praying he pops up at the grammys and says "whos bad bitches" but i know its just wishful thinkin

And then,

They ALWAYS have to put something about Michael in an article, however nice the rest, which is rare in itself, that has to bother me, like the quote above.

This is just so annoying and without merit. We have a lot of "kings" in show business and I NEVER read such stupid comments like the ones about Michael's title, which in truth is even very limited to his uncomprehendable genius.

In my opinion Michael has had no peers in the music world and calling him the King of Pop is the LEAST he deserves and NO ONE has ever disputed the fact that he was, is and always will be that and MORE.

They ALWAYS have to put something about Michael in an article, however nice the rest, which is rare in itself, that has to bother me, like the quote above.

This is just so annoying and without merit. We have a lot of "kings" in show business and I NEVER read such stupid comments like the ones about Michael's title, which in truth is even very limited to his uncomprehendable genius.

In my opinion Michael has had no peers in the music world and calling him the King of Pop is the LEAST he deserves and NO ONE has ever disputed the fact that he was, is and always will be that and MORE.

I feel the same way. It's a backhanded compliment. I will not buy this magazine...

Michael wasn't only the king of pop (i personally don't like that title but I respect it because MJ loved it) ..he was the King of music ...and the king of entertainment.

Just like this Joss Grossberg, deciding MJ is no longer the king of pop because his album sold 228K copies. They never questioned Elvis and he had countless posthumous flop albums & cirque du Soleil show ...I never saw once these journalists write he was no longer King. Pure racism.

I feel the same way. It's a backhanded compliment. I will not buy this magazine...

Michael wasn't only the king of pop (i personally don't like that title but I respect it because MJ loved it) ..he was the King of music ...and the king of entertainment.

Just like this Joss Grossberg, deciding MJ is no longer the king of pop because his album sold 228K copies. They never questioned Elvis and he had countless posthumous flop albums & cirque du Soleil show ...I never saw once these journalists write he was no longer King. Pure racism.

I was kind of surprised what they said about Elvis in this book. Here is a little:
"bloating, he started to strain the seams of his sequined jumpsuits; he began
to hear whispers about his drug use - whispers he knew to be all too true."
"It is a tragic tale, to be sure, made even more so by the knowledge that there were so many people in orbit around Presley, including his manager and some of his best friends, who acted as nothing but enablers"
"He died alone in the bathroom of his storied mansion,Graceland, at age 42, the traces of 10 or more drugs in his bloodstream"

I cringe too every time I hear the "self proclaimed" crap but I am so glad they didn't take Michael's part of the book in the same direction as Elvis. It seemed to imply Elvis was pretty much over and Michael was still at the top of his game.

Anyway the part that kills me is the "Because we loved him. And lost him"
Oh God it still hurts so bad...

It's almost a year and a half already....

Thought there are days things are fine, at some point I can't believe it yet. I can't accept it. And it's so pointless and useless from me feeling like this. He is far better now. The ones suffering are those who love him and miss him so much.

I hope Paris, Prince and Blanket will have a good time together this year. As long as they have each other, as long as they keep loving and protecting each other, they will be all right. Michael was the best father. I have no doubts about it. May God protect them always.

thanx for sharing ,,,,once you are a king , you'll be a king forever ! unless u become a God like MJ,then yeah , the title king might be not be enough !

It just takes a few lines like this about Michael and the tears just wanna flow!:cry:

A New Year is coming up and in previous years I would be there thinking about what Michael would have up his sleeve for the world. God I miss him!

I know I will have to live with the hurt and pain for the rest of my days. There will always be this hole in my heart.

Like Michaelsson said, I try so hard to escape reality and not to think he is gone. I want to bury my head in the sand, and don't want to be reminded of the reality. Stories like this feels so surreal- like "what are they talking about" not my Michael", but then reality hits like one million arrows in my heart, and the pain is unbearable. Sigh. I miss him soooo much!! :wub:

I agree with you. They always begin with something nice and then, bang, the horrible punchline--negativity. I will not buy it. They got me after his death with headlines showing fantastic tributes. When I bought the stupid magazines and began to read--there it was after the NICE hook--the negativity punch in the face. I am tired of it. Now, no matter how glorious the headlines are, I will thank them for thinking of him, but I will keep my money in my pocketbook.

As cold as it may seem, but I don't care at all about any publication or media tool. Don't care. When he was alive, he was mostly and increasingly bashed and made fun of, and when someone like him is gone (including other artists), all of a sudden, many are "Oh, he was the best" and other crap I won't buy. These things leave me completely numb and emotionsless, even posthumous releases of his music or others who are gone.

Back