Off The Wall re-release 2011

Sikri06

Proud Member
With a brand new year fastly approaching, it could be interesting to discuss likely projects in 2011. An "Off The Wall 30" album is scheduled and I would like to hear in what direction this project should go. MJ had apparantly planned this for fall 2009.

What kind of re-release should it be then? Well it should be something like Thriller 25, even though that means allowing new artist to mess with the original. Off The Wall contains some killer songs that never got a single release. "I Can't Help It" and "Get On The Floor" are the most obvious. Who should be chosen to work on remixes then? Well it should be people who would also have been chosen by MJ. I'm thinking Jay-Z on ICHI and maybe also Beyoncé and Alicia Keys.

I think If Anything Quincy Should be the only one... "Off The Wall" IMO is The Best Solid R/B Album there will ever be

I'm 100% sure it's not gonna be like "Thriller 25". And by that I mean they're not gonna let other popular artists screw up with original MJ songs.

I think it will be more like the special edition/the re-issue of "Bad" from 2001.

I just hope they don't somehow dig out some "unreleased hidden and never heard before Cascio tracks" intended for Off The Wall re-release.

Amen! And I don't want any reworkings of OTW tracks with popular "artists" of today. Just give me Mike and his demos--as is!

If it's released with other artists screwing up the songs, I aint buying it. Thriller 25 was ruined for me because of it.

They shouldn't bother. OTW came out in 1979, 20th anniversary has gone and we've already had the 2001 Special Edition.

Stop plundering his back catalogue, it's been done to death.

Quincy has stated a couple times that he believes MJ's unreleased music should stay that way. I wonder if he'll oppose any unreleased tracks making the album.

the off the wall reissue will also come with a DVD documentary.

Since they missed the 30th Anniversary in 2009, and as much as I love the album, I think they should hold off on Off the Wall until 2014 for the 35th Anniversary. I only say this because I would like LOADED 2 disc special editions for Dangerous 20 and Invincible 10 ;o)

Since they missed the 30th Anniversary in 2009, and as much as I love the album, I think they should hold off on Off the Wall until 2014 for the 35th Anniversary. I only say this because I would like LOADED 2 disc special editions for Dangerous 20 and Invincible 10 ;o)

Why not holding it off until 2029, so we can have the 50th anniversary album.

I think If Anything Quincy Should be the only one... "Off The Wall" IMO is The Best Solid R/B Album there will ever be

Surely it is, but I don't like to think of OFF THE WALL just in terms of R' n' B or soul, neither MJ wanted, it's so reductive..:yes:

Quincy has disrespected MJ...so please keep him away from all MJ projects.

thank you

did I miss something ?

when did direspect MJ ?

Actually yes he did, during an interview concerning Thriller if I remember correctly. Quincy undermined quiet a lot Michael's potential.

I can remember talking about this on maxjax:yes:I dont care who does it:no:as long as they do michael proud:yes::yes:

I don't want people of Todays music to be Remixing the tracks from such a Beautiful album, i can see that all going wrong if Sony allow that. Im hoping they will have more sence...

Although Thriller 25th was ok...Kinda...

This.

All Sony employees and the Estate should be banned from working on Off The Wall 2011.........all they do is screw up every posthumous MJ release..............

It should be handled by Quincy Jones (nobody better available), Bruce Swedien and Rod Temperton.............with special guests Paul McCartney, Diana Ross and Louis Johnson.......

........and maybe the relevant Jackson siblings who worked with Michael on the original demos (as heard on the 2001 Special Edition of Off The Wall)!!!!!!

Then all Sony/Estate need to do is print the individual copies and promote the album (actually leave the promoting to us fans and all they should do is pay for the commercials, billboards, etc.)!!!!!!!

Back