This Is Why We Have To Keep Fighting

TheChosenOne

Proud Member
Quite by chance, I ended up at the Rolling Stone website and clicked on their 500 greatest albums of all time. Curious, I checked to see what MJ albums would have been placed and where.

You can check it out here: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/500-greatest-albums-of-all-time-19691231

I have no issue with the albums that they chose and where they placed. As far as I am concerned our taste in music is subjective. So I say 'whatever'.

What TRULY galled me was the unnecessary swipes at Michael. The last sentence in OTW referred to Michael as a 'national punchline'. For Thriller the last sentence talked about his excessive egomania.

That got my blood pumping in fury. Mind you, it does not take much these days.

I stepped back and I thought 'well maybe they made snide comments about other artists and their work'. And I made a RANDOM check of over 50 albums (including Madonna, Whitney Houston, Elvis Presley, Merle Haggard, the Eurthymics). And there was not a single disparaging remark about anyone. Not a one.

I am not a fan of people who get paranoid and think everything is a conspiracy. But there is a reason why the media must continue to degrade Michael Jackson's legacy. Why best-selling investigative author Aphrodite Jones could not get her book published. Why the bodyguards cannot get their book published. Why Rivera talked about how he had never received so much pressure at work as when he defended Michael during the 2005 trial.

It is this kind of insidious thing that our media advocacy team works tirelessly to combat. Ultimately, everyone is not going to love Michael. We might want to them to, but they won't. What needs to happen is that people respect him as a human being and as an artist.

The best entertainer ,humanitarian in the world....and they continue to belittle Michael..why...I do not know..but I agree..the fight for his legacy must go on.

I detest Rolling Stone. I also detest lists like these, some jackoffs at Rolling Stone definitely aren't qualified to tell us what the greatest albums of all time are. Music is so subjective, these lists are useless. I dislike music critics in general. None of them have any clue what they're talking about, especially when it comes to Michael.

By putting Thriller at no.20 instead of no.1, they also insult the general public, who actually brought the album and made it the World's best selling album............

Funny enough, the shear majority of the albums were released 20+ years ago but the 100 list changes every year..........I wonder, do they get bored of an album and change the rating??????........or is it a fashion thing??????

Quite by chance, I ended up at the Rolling Stone website and clicked on their 500 greatest albums of all time. Curious, I checked to see what MJ albums would have been placed and where.

You can check it out here: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/500-greatest-albums-of-all-time-19691231

I have no issue with the albums that they chose and where they placed. As far as I am concerned our taste in music is subjective. So I say 'whatever'.

What TRULY galled me was the unnecessary swipes at Michael. The last sentence in OTW referred to Michael as a 'national punchline'. For Thriller the last sentence talked about his excessive egomania.

I stepped back and I thought 'well maybe they made snide comments about other artists and their work'. And I made a RANDOM check of over 50 albums (including Madonna, Whitney Houston, Elvis Presley, Merle Haggard, the Eurthymics). And there was not a single disparaging remark about anyone. Not a one.

I am not a fan of people who get paranoid and think everything is a conspiracy. But there is a reason why the media must continue to degrade Michael Jackson's legacy. Why best-selling investigative author Aphrodite Jones could not get her book published. Why the bodyguards cannot get their book published. Why Rivera talked about how he had never received so much pressure at work as when he defended Michael during the 2005 trial.

It is this kind of insidious thing that our media advocacy team works tirelessly to combat. Ultimately, everyone is not going to love Michael. We might want to them to, but they won't. What needs to happen is that people respect him as a human being and as an artist.

I so agree with you :agree:

Poor Michael.. He has been fighting and deal with everything all alone in many years. He have been suffered too much.
Now it's up to us to stand up for Michael and fight

I so agree with you :agree:

and so do I. But these magazines and their writers create nothing themselves. They have no talent so perhaps it gives them a feeling of power to pretend to be opinion formers. Sadly they haven't even the wit to reflect world opinion. Michael's sales and fanbase will always speak for themselves. Rolling stone is not needed to speak for Michael, for us or for anyone else.

I detest Rolling Stone. I also detest lists like these, some jackoffs at Rolling Stone definitely aren't qualified to tell us what the greatest albums of all time are. Music is so subjective, these lists are useless. I dislike music critics in general. None of them have any clue what they're talking about, especially when it comes to Michael.

^^ This!

For Thriller the last sentence talked about his excessive egomania.

Excessive egomania? (They are talking about a guy who helped so many people....) I guess all other artists are perfect angels with no flaws at all. At least, like you said, they didn't say anything negative about them. :smilerolleyes:

Rolling Stone always hated Michael. I don't know if it stems from racism, jealousy or something else but they have always been extremely unfair to him compared to other artists. When he died they run articles about whether his nose was falling off and things like that - like a tabloid, not a music magazine. So Rolling Stone can suck my socks!

agreed:agree:

i live in Turkiye and in my country if you went some villages 20 years ago, noone in these villages knew any foreign singers, only Turkish singers. Maybe very very few of them who went abroad or lived for a while in a big city knew him. if they were older, forget about it, they didn't know any of singers from USA or the other countries.

BUT, in these villages they only knew Michael Jackson. some of them said "that boy who dances very nice", some said "that boy who said auuuww when singing", some said "that guy who puts hat", etc. an example for you, one of my friend visited his grandma -she was in his 70s that time, in 1990s- in her village and saw a Michael poster-bilie jean photo with his hat- in her room. Of course he surprised and asked her.

She put it on the wall because the wall is a little dirty and by putting the poster she covered the dirty part. (in those times it's a very common habit until paint the room in summer, don't get wrong it, please. they put pictures they loved on the walls if at that moment they couldn't paint the walls.)

He asked : "but why this photo grandma? why not my grandpa or me or sbd else??"
she answered : "i love this boy and this picture of him"
he asked : "do you know who he is in this photo?"

guys, the answer is amazing :

she replied "i cannot remember his name, because it's not Turkish, but this boy is that singer who grabs his crotch and screams "auuww" when singing, isn't he?"

OMG!!!!:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed :lol: :lol: my friend went crazy :lol: :lol: think about it!!!

in those times, in a this type of little village, a woman who was in her 70s knew Michael.

All the other people in that list cannot be known by everyone, but Michael.

i'm 29 and i have to confess, i don't know some of them even today, only heard about some of them. So how they compare them with Michael??? it's the stupidist thing i've ever heard.

the example i gave is the best proof of how Michael is the best and greatest. He is in all the prayers of those grandmas..

Last edited:
I don't become tempered so often but when I do it's for a very good reason. Calling Michael egomaniac is the most ironically outrageous thing in the world. All I can say is that the abundance of kindness and inner radiation generated hate in some hearts that were unable to follow him.
History is full of relevant paradigms.
Enlightened souls always had a lot of enemies, but they always ended up victorious.

Thanks Nancii for putting this powerful issue into perspective with such a good example. Michael has two major war fronts to be represented at, Justice in his death and Media advocacy for his legacy.
His prophetic "Will You Be There" strikes a chord deep in the heart. Now it's time to show the world the splendor of his messages and the magnitude of their impact.

i live in Turkiye and in my country if you went some villages 20 years ago, noone in these villages knew any foreign singers, only Turkish singers. Maybe very very few of them who went abroad or lived for a while in a big city knew him. if they were older, forget about it, they didn't know any of singers from USA or the other countries.

BUT, in these villages they only knew Michael Jackson. some of them said "that boy who dances very nice", some said "that boy who said auuuww when singing", some said "that guy who puts hat", etc. an example for you, one of my friend visited his grandma -she was in his 70s that time, in 1990s- in her village and saw a Michael poster-bilie jean photo with his hat- in her room. Of course he surprised and asked her.

She put it on the wall because the wall is a little dirty and by putting the poster she covered the dirty part. (in those times it's a very common habit until paint the room in summer, don't get wrong it, please. they put pictures they loved on the walls if at that moment they couldn't paint the walls.)

she replied "i cannot remember his name, because it's not Turkish, but this boy is that singer who grabs his crotch and screams "auuww" when singing, isn't he?"

OMG!!!!:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed :lol: :lol: my friend went crazy :lol: :lol: think about it!!!

in those times, in a this type of little village, a woman who was in her 70s knew Michael.

i'm 29 and i have to confess, i don't know some of them even today, only heard about some of them. So how they compare them with Michael??? it's the stupidist thing i've ever heard.

the example i gave is the best proof of how Michael is the best and greatest. He is in all the prayers of those grandmas..
This made my day.
Michael was loved by women in all ages and countries.

Rolling Stone is awful, and I do think it's very odd that Michael gets singled out for unfair biased, harsh criticism, unlike other celebrities. I can think of no other celebrity that was persecuted and hounded so much by the media as Michael was, and I'll never understand why. :no:

MyLifeMJ, I know exactly what you mean. A few years ago I was staying with my grandmother (who was about 80 at the time) and I played my self-compiled CD with songs from different artists. My grandmother did not recognize any of the songs but when "I Want You Back" came on she was like "Hey! I know this one! This is from those kids with the afros, right?" :D And she felt all hip and modern for knowing this lol.

On another occasion, when I was moving out last year we borrowed my uncle's car (cause it has a hook at the back to pull the trailer carrying my stuff) and he had a USB stick with his favourite music connected to the radio. We were listening to it on our way but we got kinda bored cause it was mostly old and boring stuff we didn't know (my uncle is 63). As we were going through the songs mostly pressing 'next' after about 5 sec., all of the sudden we found a whole list of MJ songs! :) Then we put them on repeat and played them the whole 3 hour trip :p I still can't believe my uncle is into MJ's music lol, but I like him even more after this ;)

I love how Michael's music transcends all ages, genders and nationalities :)

:(:angel::wub: I LOVE THIS !!:(:angel::wub::agree:

MyLifeMJ, I know exactly what you mean. A few years ago I was staying with my grandmother (who was about 80 at the time) and I played my self-compiled CD with songs from different artists. My grandmother did not recognize any of the songs but when "I Want You Back" came on she was like "Hey! I know this one! This is from those kids with the afros, right?" :D And she felt all hip and modern for knowing this lol.

On another occasion, when I was moving out last year we borrowed my uncle's car (cause it has a hook at the back to pull the trailer carrying my stuff) and he had a USB stick with his favourite music connected to the radio. We were listening to it on our way but we got kinda bored cause it was mostly old and boring stuff we didn't know (my uncle is 63). As we were going through the songs mostly pressing 'next' after about 5 sec., all of the sudden we found a whole list of MJ songs! :) Then we put them on repeat and played them the whole 3 hour trip :p I still can't believe my uncle is into MJ's music lol, but I like him even more after this ;)

:(:angel::wub: I LOVE THIS !!:(:angel::wub::agree:

This made my day.
Michael was loved by women in all ages and countries.

thank you my dear friends. :wub::wub::wub: these are the real proofs of how great Michael is and i'm sure there are many stories like these.

Michael is the best in everwhere, every age, every time, every country and always will!!!

:flowers:

with L.O.V.E.

I don't become tempered so often but when I do it's for a very good reason. Calling Michael egomaniac is the most ironically outrageous thing in the world. All I can say is that the abundance of kindness and inner radiation generated hate in some hearts that were unable to follow him.
History is full of relevant paradigms.
Enlightened souls always had a lot of enemies, but they always ended up victorious.

Thanks Nancii for putting this powerful issue into perspective with such a good example. Michael has two major war fronts to be represented at, Justice in his death and Media advocacy for his legacy.
His prophetic "Will You Be There" strikes a chord deep in the heart. Now it's time to show the world the splendor of his messages and the magnitude of their impact.

I couldn't have said it better myself Maria. :no:

there is a famous play called ghosts by Henrik Ibsen.....i think these magazines are based on these old ghosts...and this is the main reason MJ released a song called ghosts...

these reportes are living these ghosts and making living by them...can't wait until they die and a new blood come to the journalism instead of these scary ghosts.

That's true and I wholeheartedly agree. I live in a small town in interior of Pernambuco, Brazil. You can imagine that people here don't know Michael Jackson, right?
But that's not what happens. I had to go to my neighbor's house, she has three children and when I walked into the house the children took me by the hand and led me into the room where they were watching Number Ones. One of them, the girl, 11, told me, "Aw I love Michael Jackson, he's so beautiful. I wanna to marry him." lol *So cute* The boy (the oldest) told me Black or White is his favorite song. And the little girl, 7, told me, "I wanna dance like him." All I said was, "Aww that's great. I also love him and I'm sure he's very proud to has fans like you."
It's amazing the Michael's magic. He's the best. :girl_in_love:

chosen one, this i always knew. that is whi i AM a big fan of conspiracies. that is why when rollingstone or time magazine says something positive about Michael, it's because Sony paid them to fit a sony agenda. not because the media likes Mike. please sober up, fellow fans. realize this. the media will NEVER like Michael. your fight is in vain. YOU must be the keepers of the legacy. you can NOT depend on the media to do it. YOU must take the media's place, and believe that you don't need them, and you are more powerful than them.

It's not just the Rolling Stone, but a lot of music critics in general. Back in the 60s, one of the founders of Rolling Stone wrote this:

Ralph Gleason said:
In almost every aspect of what is happening today, this turning away from the old patterns is making itself manifest. As the formal structure of the show business world of popular music and television has brougth out into the open the Negro performer -- whose incredibly beautiful folk poetry and music for decades has been the prime mover in American song -- we find a curious thing happening.

The Negro performers, from James Brown to Aaron Neville to the Supremes and the Four Tops, are on an Ed Sullivan trip, striving as hard as they can to get on that stage and become part of the American success story, while the white rock performers are motivated to escape from that stereotype. Whereas in years past the Negro offered style in performance and content in song -- the messages from Leadbelly to Percy Mayfield to Ray Charles were important messages -- today he is almost totally style with very little content. And when James Brown sings, "It's A Man's World, " or Aaron Neville sings, "Tell It Like It Is, " he takes a phrase and only a phrase with which to work, and the Supremes and the Tops are choreographed more and more like the Four Lads and the Ames Brothers and the McGuire Sisters.

I suggest that this bears a strong relationship to the condition of the civil rights movement today in which they only truly black position is that of Stokely Carmichael, and in which the N.A.A.C.P. and most of the other formal groups are, like the Four Tops and the Supremes, on an Ed Sullivan-T.V.-trip to middle-class America. And the only true American Negro music is that which abandons the concepts of European musical thought, abandons the systems and scales and keys and notes, for a music whose roots are in the culture of the colored peoples of the world.

The drive behind all American popular music performers, to a greater or lesser extent, from Sophie Tucker and Al Jolson, on down through Pat Boone and recently as Roy Head and Charlie Rich, has been to sound like a Negro. The white jazz musician was the epitome of this. The clarinetist Milton Mezzrow, who grew up with the Negro Chicago jazzmen in the twenties and thirties, even put "Negro " on his prison record and claimed to be more at home with his Negro friends than with his Jewish family and neighbors.
Yet an outstanding characteristic of the new music of rock, certainly in its best artists, is something else altogether. This new generation of musicians is not interested in being Negro, since that is an absurdity.

Today's new youth, beginning with the rock band musician but spreading out into the entire movement, into the Haight-Ashbury hippies, is not ashamed of being white.
He is remarkably free from prejudice, but he is not attempting to join Negro culture or to become part of it, like his musical predecessor, the jazzman, or like his social predecessor the beatnik. I find this of considerable significance. For the very first time in decades, as a I know, something new and important is happening artistically and musically in this society that is distinct from the Negro, and to which the Negro will have to come, if he is interested in it at all, as in the past white youth went uptown to Harlem or downtown or crosstown or wherever the Negro community was centered because there was the locus of artistic creativity.

Today the eletronic music by the Beatles and others (and the Beatles' "Strawberry Field " is, I suggest, a three-minute masterpiece, an electronic miniature symphony) exists somewhere else from and independent of the Negro. This is only one of the more easily observed manifestations of this movement.

I find that this pretty much sums up the views of rock critics tbqh. Michael is like the embodiment of everything they hate in music.

Back