Announcement: Hollywood Tonight – Second Single - Announcement From Sony Page 26

bjoernclausen

Proud Member
‘HOLLYWOOD TONIGHT’ – the new single – download available now
‘MICHAEL’ – the album out now

The second official single from Michael Jackson’s album MICHAEL has been confirmed as ‘Hollywood Tonight’.

Written by Michael during the time of the INVINCIBLE album, Michael pulled the track out of the archives in 2007 to work on the song with producer Ron “Neff-U” Feemster. The track was written by Michael Jackson (spoken bridge by Teddy Riley) and produced by Michael with Teddy Riley and co-production from Neff-U.

It follows lead single “Hold My Hand”, a duet with Akon, which gave Michael his 55th UK top 10 smash hit single - extending his run of UK top 10 hits to 40 years. It is the second single to be lifted from the album MICHAEL which is the fastest selling new Michael Jackson studio album in the UK since 1991’s DANGEROUS and was certified platinum within one week of release.

“It has the extraordinary confidence of a pop classic and presages an album that may well be Jackson’s best work since his Eighties glory days.” Neil McCormick, Daily Telegraph

MICHAEL is the first release in nine years of new material by one of music’s most beloved icons whose artistry continues to touch new generations of fans. The album marks another release under the new agreement between the Estate of Michael Jackson and Sony Music announced in March that continues the label’s 35-year relationship with Michael and his music. During that time, Michael sold hundreds of millions of records, had 13 US #1 singles and released the pop culture phenomenon “Thriller,” which remains music’s all-time bestselling album with more than 100 million copies sold worldwide.

bjoernclausen;3211322 said:
“It has the extraordinary confidence of a pop classic and presages an album that may well be Jackson’s best work since his Eighties glory days.” Neil McCormick, Daily Telegraph

Best song since the Eighties? :unsure: lol..ok

Wonder if they will editing out that spoken part? I hope so..

Great news! Can't wait to hear the radio edit they've been working on

Tsukiji;3211342 said:

He's actually referring to the album. Better than Dangerous, HIStory and Invincible. Absolutely hilarious!

Tsukiji;3211342 said:

It's probably just another shmuck who's all Thriller this and Thriller that. Thriller Thriller Thriller.

I have mixed feelings about this.

Allthough I do love Hollywood Tonight and think it'll do well as a single, I kind of wish that the whole album could just fade away.

people who think that Michael should fade away! I dont understand you!!

Dont you want to see how much more accolades Michael will get with this dancefloor classic!! You know it will be, plus!! NEW VIDEO to go along with it!! possibly animated!!

I think there is loads of life in Michael and i dont give a monkey's uncle about all the controversy , Michael would relish it !! There are some Gems on Michael and i do believe they are to be discovered by new fans!!

Im well happy going out to Liverpool later next month so i hope to hear it!! On the dancefloors.

Terry

Oh, other thing is it coulod have some unreleased tracks or track on it!!

The only thing that needs to fade away is the cascio tracks

Perfect choice for second single? When will it be released? 1.2.2011. is the date?

André89;3211397 said:
I have mixed feelings about this.

Allthough I do love Hollywood Tonight and think it'll do well as a single, I kind of wish that the whole album could just fade away.

I agree with this....

But, if it's released, the LEAST they could do is take out that God-awful spoken part...What a way to kill a Michael Jackson dance track...

I love HT. - GREAT choice.

I just hope BTM will also get a single release.

I hope that if HT is released as a physical single it will also have BOJ on it.

Many singles should be released.

xscape guy 2003;3211461 said:
people who think that Michael should fade away! I dont understand you!!

Dont you want to see how much more accolades Michael will get with this dancefloor classic!! You know it will be, plus!! NEW VIDEO to go along with it!! possibly animated!!

I think there is loads of life in Michael and i dont give a monkey's uncle about all the controversy , Michael would relish it !! There are some Gems on Michael and i do believe they are to be discovered by new fans!!

Im well happy going out to Liverpool later next month so i hope to hear it!! On the dancefloors.

Terry

Hey Terry! Totally agree with what you've said above, thanks for your comments :) Like Hollywood Tonight as a second single choice too!

This is great news.
I'm looking forward to the alternate remixes etc.
And to hear this awesome song on the radio of course because this is top 1 material.

If Hollywood Tonight gets released as a single, Then I hope it becomes a huge hit
all around the world, especially in the US. Michael deserves it.

l am glad to hear this

l just hope take away she's hollywood when Michael starts his magical beatbox

And they add some unreleased track like CRY single they have added "Shout" ,cross fingers for Place with no name l know Mehdi keep dreaming

good choice. better one would be BTM, but thats okay :)

edit: when will they release it??

I hope they've commissioned some actual remixes, not like the ridiculous mixes on the "Hold My Hand" single which were exactly the same as the original with some level changes and the drums taken out in the "orchestra mix" lol.

I'm glad this is the second single. They better promote it properly this time.

Cool! :)

The vibe that Teddy Riley gave it feels the same to me as the Cascio tracks, which isn't really good.
But it has grown on me in the meanwhile and I guess it could be a real banger in the clubs!

Either way it's nice to hear that things start to roll again; new single = :clapping:

Gaz;3211627 said:
I can confirm Hollywood tonight is the second single from Michael as confirmed to me by Sony
Thanks Gaz! Would you happen to know the release dates (radio and itunes?)

Gaz;3211627 said:
I can confirm Hollywood tonight is the second single from Michael as confirmed to me by Sony

I have therefore removed and replaced the original post in place with the official press release from Sony including the links to MJStar as per our regulations on promotion as they are not the source, Sony is.

Back