Requesting Hollywood Tonight and Behind The Mask on Radio Stations - Who's doing their part?

seany

Proud Member
Can we begin to request these songs and are they only specific to particular countries? When does HT get released in the UK, does anyone know? Is anyone hearing these songs on the radio yet?

Cheers. :)

I heard the radio edit of HT for the first time yesterday on a popular station here in Belgium. Unfortunately, the song did not leave me with a good impression. In addition to the processed vocals, the song also lacks "spark". I was really hoping they would add a killer bridge or something. Moreover, the radio version really highlights the fact that the song is incomplete due to the fact that the entire first verse is repeated in a very short period of listening time. Hopefully, the video will help but I honestly do not have high hopes for this song.

I'll request it when the videos and CD singles are released (i.e. when Sony hurry up).

I haven't followed these single news in ages and I'm quite confused about them now.. Hollywood Tonight and Behind The Mask are the singles, right? Which countries get which one? And when are they released? And what about the videos, are there teasers for them???

I should check the news way more often, I'm so out of everything now.

I haven't followed these single news in ages and I'm quite confused about them now.. Hollywood Tonight and Behind The Mask are the singles, right? Which countries get which one? And when are they released? And what about the videos, are there teasers for them???

I should check the news way more often, I'm so out of everything now.
Well:

Behind the Mask = France
Hollywood Tonight = UK, US, Japan

There are also videos for both Behind the Mask and Hollywood Tonight, the Hollywood Tonight video features a broken-down star that dreams of fame and it backfires into her face :p, it also features a great MJ dancer, one of the best in my honest opinion. The video for Hollywood Tonight should be here at the end of this month or beginning of March. This goes the same for Behind the Mask.

For Behind the Mask as I would describe would be like Michael's 'Dangerous' era as I think it looks like that and you can find pictures of it here:
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108782
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109583

Hollywood Tonight video discussion thread:
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104310

The radio edit for Behind the Mask is 3:09, and Hollywood Tonight is 3:46 long.

Last edited:
Well I think:
Belgium = Behind the Mask
Italy = Hollywood Tonight
Poland = Hollywood Tonight

That's all I know, got those off the Wiki.

Well I think:
Belgium = Behind the Mask
Italy = Hollywood Tonight
Poland = Hollywood Tonight

That's all I know, got those off the Wiki.

Thanks! I really would like to know what will be released in Germany, maybe someone else knows it. :)
I have nothing against the idea releasing different singles in different countries but I think that they're overstating it. For example, they could have released one single in North America, Australia and Africa and a different one in Europe, Asia and South America.

Last edited:
Yes, I agree. They seemed to be being zealous with these things.

My bet would be BTM for Germany, just a guess.

I hope you're right. I hate it that many people here in Germany are saying that Michael isn't singing in HMH. But if BTM will be released, no one (except some newspapers here...) will say that this is fake because this voice is identical with the voice of all the famous songs from 'Thriller' :)

the Hollywood Tonight video features a broken-down star that dreams of fame and it backfires into her face

Wow, I didn't know that! From where did you get this information?

Last edited:
To be very honest I haven't heard any of these songs on the radio (UK). And I never heard HMH again, any way. But I keep hearing Billie Jean, The way you make me feel, Smooth Criminal, Black or White, You are not alone, Beat it, Bad, etc.

so... well... :ermm:

I rarely listen to the radio these days, but I heard HMH when they premiered it, on radio one I think it was.
I sent an email request to about 100 radio stations in the UK and US when Hold My Hand came out, good thing I saved a draft, so I won't have to find them all again I'll just forward the email :D

Either way it all sounds a big mess. This is so disappointing.

Could the poster above mind posting their email as a template so others can use it as well? Just a thought, so it can help those who have not written anything up to send to radio stations.

Well:

Behind the Mask = France
Hollywood Tonight = UK, US, Japan

There are also videos for both Behind the Mask and Hollywood Tonight, the Hollywood Tonight video features a broken-down star that dreams of fame and it backfires into her face :p, it also features a great MJ dancer, one of the best in my honest opinion. The video for Hollywood Tonight should be here at the end of this month or beginning of March. This goes the same for Behind the Mask.

For Behind the Mask as I would describe would be like Michael's 'Dangerous' era as I think it looks like that and you can find pictures of it here:
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108782
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109583

Hollywood Tonight video discussion thread:
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104310

The radio edit for Behind the Mask is 3:09, and Hollywood Tonight is 3:46 long.
Thank you! So are they playing already on the radio in some countries?

I wonder which one we get in Finland :) NRJ has played HMH quite often here, and I've heard it in shops as well lately.

i have heard HT on Heart FM, Radio City, quite a few and loads of DJs are loving the fast paced new michael dance track!! From the best selling posthumous album of new material. Lots have said its really the start of the album and dont really consider HMH as the start, this is it now.

Terry

Either way it all sounds a big mess. This is so disappointing.

Could the poster above mind posting their email as a template so others can use it as well? Just a thought, so it can help those who have not written anything up to send to radio stations.

sure copy and paste this into the send bar of your email:

requests@openhouseparty.com; y102requests@cumulus.com; ronprice@clearchannel.com; seth@krq.com; chrisp@clearchannel.com; jayandbrock@hotmix1019.com; ej@klly.com; lance@klly.com; niki@klly.com; air@krck.com; chrisk@endonline.com; requests@radiozone.com; rob@kissfmcolorado.com; requests@wstw.com; requests@hot995.com; djtremble@wvyb.fm; adam.star@bbswfl.com; mattj@bbswfl.com; equest@q100atlanta.com; mail@hd983.com; info@b96.com; gregchance@clearchannel.com; bobbybones@channel963.com; sammy@channel963.com; jj.ryan@cumulus.com; danandkim@mix931.com; wxlo@wxlo.com; mojointhemorning@channel955.com; derek.lee.kcld@gmail.com; request@alice965.com; studio@kiss985.com; wink106@bybradio.com; wblirequests@wbli.com; webmaster@fresh1027.com; joebonacci@clearchannel.com; shaun@cnykiss.com; request@wkdd.com; jordan@kiss107.com; patti@wkrq.com; skippy@q104.com; dan.mcclintock@cumulus.com; win@hot101.com; drewandkaci@gmail.com; valsteele@bicoastalmedia.com; chino@bicoastalmedia.com; tony.bristol@citcomm.com; bshaw@cumulus.com; billythekidd@1061kissfm.com; mailbox@104krbe.com; beth@star929fm.com; fm@95triplex.com; studio@kissfmseattle.com; kzzu@kxly.com; a.man@wixx.com; connieandfish@clearchannel.com; top10@novafm.com.au; onair@joy.org.au; heydj@thebeat.com; jwinskell@radio.astral.com; mail@thewave.ca; hitsmail@991hitsfm.com; megan@z103halifax.com; aj@z103halifax.com; studio@magic106.com; heydeejay@flyfmkingston.com; heydeejay@hot899.com; heydj@wired963.com; c95@c95.com; eve@interfm.jp; zm@zmonline.com; jonathan.breeze@radiocity.co.uk; matt.wilkins@key103.co.uk; chris.moyles@bbc.co.uk; edith.bowman@bbc.co.uk; fearne.cotton@bbc.co.uk; dev@bbc.co.uk; westwood@bbc.co.uk; jo.whiley@bbc.co.uk; greg.james@bbc.co.uk; vernon.kay@bbc.co.uk; trevor.nelson@bbc.co.uk; reggie.yates@bbc.co.uk; simonmayo@bbc.co.uk; ken.bruce@bbc.co.uk; rickie@totalkiss.com; melvin@totalkiss.com; charlie@totalkiss.com; justin@totalkiss.com; neev@totalkiss.com; jez.welham@totalkiss.com; power106info@power106.com; 987kissfm@987kissfm.com; eagle@capitalradio.net.au; email@mojointhemorning.com; nick@channel955.com; beau@channel955.com; buda@channel955.com; controlroom@1023nowradio.com; heydj@big105.fm; onair@kraze1013.com; heydj@thebeat.com; mail@thewave.ca; hitsmail@991hitsfm.com; heydeejay@hot899.com; requests@flow935.com; heydj@wired963.com; info@psmedia.biz; info@marinafm.com; fm997@q80.net; fm997admin@q80.net; info@media.gov.kw; radiokuwait@radiokuwait.org; info@radiobahrain.fm; contactus@panorama.fm; arabicfm@dubaitv.ae; commercial@dubaitv.ae; contactus@admedia.ae; info@sharjahtv.ae; adv@sharjahtv.ae; contact@mbcfm.fm; info@coast1032.com; requests@channel4fm.com; feedback_rd@oman-radio.gov.om; omanfm@omanet.com; elvis@elvisduran.com; morningrush@fly92.com; terry@fly92.com; marissa@fly92.com; tanch@fly92.com; shawn@fly92.com

and I just said something like; could I please request Michael Jackson's new song Hollywood Tonight, its a great song.

these are the German ones I found for those interested:

ajouad@3fm.nl; annemieke@3fm.nl; barend@3fm.nl; bart@3fm.nl; bert@3fm.nl; claudia@3fm.nl; coen@3fm.nl; 3voor12whitenoise@vpro.nl; domien@3fm.nl; eric@3fm.nl; frank@3fm.nl; gerard@3fm.nl; giel@3fm.nl; hanneke@3fm.nl; klaas@3fm.nl; lexg@3fm.nl; michiel@3fm.nl; miranda@3fm.nl; paul@3fm.nl; psradio@kro.nl; ramon@3fm.nl; rob@3fm.nl; roosmarijn@3fm.nl; rudy@3fm.nl; guis@3fm.nl; sander.lantinga@3fm.nl; sofie@3fm.nl; thymen@3fm.nl; edwin@538.nl; jensen@radioveronica.nl; ookgoeiemorgen@radioveronica.nl

Last edited:
Thank you! So are they playing already on the radio in some countries?

I wonder which one we get in Finland :) NRJ has played HMH quite often here, and I've heard it in shops as well lately.
Yes, they've been playing it in those countries already.

Yeah, according to Wikipedia it had 'massive airplay, and as a result debuted at #38 on The UK Radio Airplay Chart

Sadly no other UK station national or local has been playing or even had it listed from the checks I made at the end of last week. Radio 2 was also the only real player of Hold My Hand too......

For the week starting Monday 28th Feb in the UK "Hollywood Tonight" remains on the Radio 2 "A" list, meaning the highest amount of rotation possible for the third week in a row.

I talked to one of my local stations (Fly 92, their emails are the last 5 in that list) and they don't have Hollywood Tonight. They said they're not sure if they're even going to be releasing a single in the US...

Here in Uruguay i've been repeatedly requesting Behind The Mask.

Let's continue! We can make this #1 if we REALLY try. Let's do it for Mike!

Hollywood Tonight is not setting radios on fire in the UK.

It's debut in the UK airplay chart was #36 last week with 200ish spins.
In it second week it moved up 1 place to #35 with 212 spins...

Read what you want into that, but if it's not requested the stats are not going to work. Of course, it doesn't help that Sony are (yet again) messing up the promotion. The video for the song isn't even out yet! (WHAT ARE THEY DOING??)

Hollywood Tonight is not setting radios on fire in the UK.

It's debut in the UK airplay chart was #36 last week with 200ish spins.
In it second week it moved up 1 place to #35 with 212 spins...

Read what you want into that, but if it's not requested the stats are not going to work. Of course, it doesn't help that Sony are (yet again) messing up the promotion. The video for the song isn't even out yet! (WHAT ARE THEY DOING??)

Can we start complaining about another failure, when the singles get officially released. the radio stations had just received the singles. even not all radiostations have them yet. video comes always few weeks later, after the radio release.
and 200 spins isnt bad all. when its officially out and people start request it, it going to be more.

Back