Hollywood Tonight - remixes

MJ Remix

Proud Member
The first official remixes for Hollywood tonight:

Michael Jackson - Hollywood Tonight (DJ Chuckie Radio Edit) (3:53)
Michael Jackson - Hollywood Tonight (DJ Chuckie Remix) (w/o spoken word) (6:01)
Michael Jackson - Hollywood Tonight (DJ Chuckie Dub) (5:00)

Great pop/electro sounding mix. Should do well in the clubs.

So will there be a single released with these mixes or ??

GREAT !!!

I am SOO HAPPY there will be a CD single release!!!

I hope BTM will be released too!

The remixes are amazing!!

happy such a popular DJ like Chuckie did the job :)

a friend of mine (not a bigmj fan) already felt in love with the extended version of djchuckie ;)

So is there definitely going to be a CD single of this?

What a shit those remixes are... Michael would have never approved anything like that. It's like those shitty HIStory remixes Michael hated. Also remixes should have MJ feeling these don't have.

yeah the throwback ones , you cant call them a remix , more of a meessup mix .

the dj chuckie remixes are interesting.

I wish Sony and the estate had approached Sam Sparro, Trackademicks, 88 Keys, FM Attack, and Jamiroquai because they all could've done some great electrofunk/pop remixes of HT and Behind The Mask

All remixes are amazing, looking forward to cd single!

How do you know MJ hated those remixes???
Michael, interviewed in 1998 about the remixes on Blood on the dance floor, confirmed he didn't really like remixes, as he didn't appreciate other producers altering his work - his record company, however, asserted 'kids love remixes'
For The Record, 2nd Edition, pg 41.

Michael, interviewed in 1998 about the remixes on Blood on the dance floor, confirmed he didn't really like remixes, as he didn't appreciate other producers altering his work - his record company, however, asserted 'kids love remixes'
For The Record, 2nd Edition, pg 41.

Tell that to John McClain!

the best remixes from the history album, were not one the BOTDF. they reaaallly suck. Beside the History remix.

Scream (D.M. Extended R&B Mix)
You Are Not Alone (R. Kelly Main Mix)
TDCAU - Charles mixes and love to infinity mixes
Stranger In Moscow (Charles Roane's Full R&B Mix)

I think with those remixes BOTDF would have been awesome remix album together with the first 5 songs.

the Throwback Mix of HT is cool. Can't stop listening to it the last few days.
I'm so curious what remixes BTM going to have.

It doesn't really matter whether MJ liked remixes or not. He wasn't right about everything, and everybody has to do things they don't like as part of their job. That's life. Remixes can boost a song's profile sky high if a good one takes off in the clubs.

^ Spot on

Michael didn't go to clubs where people would hear these kinds of remixes. These tracks aren't made to listen to sat alone in your bedroom with tiny earphones on.

So the official radio edit of the song is the last track on the CD? Why is that?

Its because they are pushing for the Throwback Remix as the 'single' release/version. As its used in the video, its that version they are trying to push to audiences to help promote the album in general.

Many artists/record companies do that.
Destiny's Child did it with "No No No" - the remix version with Wyclef was much more successful than the album version.

Michael Jackson must be the artist in the world who has officially released the most remixes.

Stranger in Moscow was released in 3 or 4 different single versions - each containing different remixes. - In The Closet was released in many different single versions, Earth Song, HIStory, BOTDF and so on and on.

While MJ was alive he released many many many MANY remixes. - The album BOTDF is a remix album.

So what's my point? = MJ can't have hated remixes since he released so many. The list of singles released while MJ was alive is very long - and each single had 2-6 remix versions!

Much like when MJ said he didn't like to tour, yet all his fans went to see him
*rollseyes*

^^^^

And the fact that he loved to tour. (or perform at least)

I could sleep on stage - Stage is where I feel safe

Only the traveling and the jetlag was what he didn't like. - He was a performer and loved it very much.

I think i like the extended mix more than the original album version?!

i am in love with chuckies remix^^ really :D

it will be a bomb in the clubs and in mixtapes, where DJs using this song for sure then ;)

Blood on the Dance Floor/HIStory in the Mix is also the biggest selling remix album of all time.

I personally like remixes. That is just me though :).

I've never really liked remixes.

On BOTDF I only hear the first 5 songs, the rest is not my taste.

Sad really, because Is It Scary, Morphine, BOTDF, Ghost and Superfly Sister are 5 of the best songs MJ ever released! - I have always wished he would have released BOTDF as a real album and not a remix album. That way we would also have had 10 more songs. :)

Back