Losing faith here, MJ on Now 78 =(

BudzMJJ

Proud Member
Wow, the Estate obviously paid so much attention to the things MJ wanted aye..... NOT. cos out of 77 Now compilations, MJ adult solo tracks on them total 0, but now he is gone, HMH is on one. Personally, i have always felt that now albums compile all the crappest songs of the months in one place, so we know which songs to avoid. i am actually ashamed that mj is on one, its not right. He is and always will be above Now albums in my book!

Well, nothing good to expect from The Estate, you should have known by now.

I was always very proud that Michael's songs weren't on any compilation.

Well now that Michael isn't here to promote his songs, they will get to a wider audience due to these Now albums.

Actually "Billie Jean" is on the Now That's What I Call The 80s cd, and that was released way before his death

I can see your point, i'm not a fan of the NOW albums either. But i suppose its spreading HMH to a wider audience??

Its a different kind of pop but now he is gone its a tribute for Michael but also that song was in the charts:yes:

Actually "Billie Jean" is on the Now That's What I Call The 80s cd, and that was released way before his death

Fair enuf, i didn't know that. But i was reffering more to the annual ones they release, ie. the numbered ones and the yearly one.

claudiadoina said:
Well, nothing good to expect from The Estate, you should have known by now.

I was always very proud that Michael's songs weren't on any compilation.

Yeah, i know, but i'm still a little optimistic that they will start to do some good. Nieve i know, lol.

And yeah, me too, i hate compilation albums. they are a waste of money as most ppl will only like half the album max. It bugs me the amount of those kinda albums Motown put out, something like 200 a year or something, and over half of em feature MJ or the J5.

To be honest I considered it be a bad move keeping MJs songs of the NOW albums in the 90s and early 00s. They're a good way to spread your message to people who may not hear you another way. This was especially true for MJ who didn't get much airplay at that period of time.

I used to love The Now Albums. The last one i got was in 2001 and then after that i stopped

And yeah, me too, i hate compilation albums. they are a waste of money as most ppl will only like half the album max. It bugs me the amount of those kinda albums Motown put out, something like 200 a year or something, and over half of em feature MJ or the J5.

With Motown is another story.
Michael and J5 were the most valuable asset for them (Michael should be the same for Sony, though).They squeezed everything from them and I guess they still are.

The only thing i'm surprised about in this thread is the fact there is a Now 78?!?!?! Last time I checked they were somewhere in the 30's. Guess I was way off!

And besides, the Now compilations didn't start coming out til the late 90's, well after BOTDF. So I'm not surprised any of his songs made the cut.

The only thing i'm surprised about in this thread is the fact there is a Now 78?!?!?! Last time I checked they were somewhere in the 30's. Guess I was way off!

And besides, the Now compilations didn't start coming out til the late 90's, well after BOTDF. So I'm not surprised any of his songs made the cut.

I don't know if it's true. But, one of the reasons we don't see Michael's songs included in compliation is because the royalty Michael got was and is among the highest in industry (i.e. more expensive to include Michael's songs).

^^yeah, Motown (and sony i guess) treated the Jackson 5 and MJ like commodities. But then that's how the music industry at the mainstream level works. Sad, but its never gonna change =( That's why i favour Metal and the underground music scene.

the first now compilation came out in 83, WAAAAY before the 90's.

I think what was special about MJ was that even though he was the biggest and greatest star in the world - he never wanted his songs of all these Absolut Music, Now, etc. hits compilation albums.

I think it is good thing! More people will here the song and then maybe will buy MICHAEL album to hear other songs.. It is good promo.

I think its a good thing. NOW albums are in the end of the day very popular and it brings songs to a wider audiences.

I just hope songs from Michael and Invincible will be on those.

Songs from OTW, BAD, Thriller, Dangerous and HIStory are well known.

Or maybe just add the songs not known to the public.

Who Is It would be nice on NOW - it needs more credit.

actually the smooth criminal cover by alien ant farm was on now 50, the first ever now album i got, (i was 6), and that got me into MJ's music. So it cant be that bad ;D

I think it is good thing! More people will here the song and then maybe will buy MICHAEL album to hear other songs.. It is good promo.

I think its a good thing. NOW albums are in the end of the day very popular and it brings songs to a wider audiences.

I just hope songs from Michael and Invincible will be on those.

Songs from OTW, BAD, Thriller, Dangerous and HIStory are well known.

Or maybe just add the songs not known to the public.

Who Is It would be nice on NOW - it needs more credit.

I agree it is a good move, and great news for Hold My Hand. I love that song and most ppl do also. This makes Michael still relevant and making hits all over again. Yeah!

I know Michael never had his songs in those albums, but it could be like "Lovemagical" said his royalty rates are so high or simply because Michael thought it wasn't necessary to promote his songs in that manner.

But now, with his absence he is not here to promote his songs, and this becomes another avenue to reach a wider audience to listen to his music. I gather these NOW albums are released worldwide?

And Hess, Hold My Hand is in this NOW compilation so it's all good. Maybe they'll also have HT and BTM later on.

I believe the estate made the right move. :D

And Hess, Hold My Hand is in this NOW compilation so it's all good. Maybe they'll also have HT and BTM later on.

I believe the estate made the right move. :D

I hope so very much that HT, BTM, MTS and BoJ would be on later VOL.

Now MJ is not here any longer, new promotion tools needs to be taken into consideration.

And this is one of them for sure. I am not against it, I just hope we will not only see old classics on these compilation CD's.

It has no interest to me to see Billie Jean, Beat It, Thriller, BAD, TWYMMF and other very well known songs on these VOL CD's.

Give me Speechless, Who Is It, any song from Invincible and Michael or Superfly Sister, Is It Scary og Morphine.

Those compilation albums are a great way to promote "forgotten" great songs not known to the general public.

I hope so very much that HT, BTM, MTS and BoJ would be on later VOL.

Now MJ is not here any longer, new promotion tools needs to be taken into consideration.

And this is one of them for sure. I am not against it, I just hope we will not only see old classics on these compilation CD's.

It has no interest to me to see Billie Jean, Beat It, Thriller, BAD, TWYMMF and other very well known songs on these VOL CD's.

Give me Speechless, Who Is It, any song from Invincible and Michael or Superfly Sister, Is It Scary og Morphine.

Those compilation albums are a great way to promote "forgotten" great songs not known to the general public.

:clap:

I can see your point, i'm not a fan of the NOW albums either. But i suppose its spreading HMH to a wider audience??

but.... MJ's songs can be found in many complilations :unsure:

Just take a look at this page: http://www.legalsounds.com/InspectCompilationsArtist?__key=260

Some random examples:

Now 1984 (Farewell My Summer Love)
Billboard Top 100 Hits Of 2002 (Butterfly)
Bravo Super Show 96 Volume 3 (Ben)
Best Ballads 1995 (You are not alone)

I don't think it's a bad thing. There are lots of popular artists or songs on Now cds.

the first now compilation came out in 83, WAAAAY before the 90's.

Wow, I must be showing my age here, but the first Now album I remember at all that didn't have any numbers attached to it came out in like...'99 or something? And it was simply called "NOW thats what I call music", and then a year later we had NOW that's what I call music 2. Right?

....or am I completely off on this?

Wow, I must be showing my age here, but the first Now album I remember at all that didn't have any numbers attached to it came out in like...'99 or something? And it was simply called "NOW thats what I call music", and then a year later we had NOW that's what I call music 2. Right?

Lol... i'm confused myself. i thought the number indicates the year of release. For instance, if the NOW collection is relased in 1997. It's called NOW That's What I Call Music 97. Guess, I'm wrong... :rofl:

Haha... I don't own any NOW compilation. Before iTune, I prefer buying studio albums of artists I like. After iTune, I just download the song I like.

"Now That's What I Call Music!" originated in the U.K. in the early eighties. The U.S. version has different music on it and didn't come out until 1998. The U.K. version has released over 70 CDs whereas the U.S. version has just over 30.

"Now That's What I Call Music!" originated in the U.K. in the early eighties. The U.S. version has different music on it and didn't come out until 1998. The U.K. version has released over 70 CDs whereas the U.S. version has just over 30.

Ah.. okay... thanks! :)

Back