Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How Does Michael Jackson Inspire You?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Anywhere Michael Jackson IS..Is where you find Me
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,044 Times in 1,480 Posts

Default Re: MJJC Legacy Project: How Does Michael Jackson Inspire You?

:dancin: :fame:

"My real goal is to fulfill God’s purpose." - Michael Jackson

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

How does Michael Inspire Me...?

I don't know where to start, I could write enough to fill the world three times over and still not feel as though I fully told people why I love Michael and how he has inspired me. So a short paragraph is going to be hard!

To begin with, simply hearing his voice makes my heart skip a beat, so does seeing his angelic smile and beauitful face. I've never felt like that with anyone before. This is going to take forever to exlain. He inspires me by his beauitful singing voice and amazing dancing and he can light up a room by simply walking into it. And even though he was incredibly gifted he had humility. He's inspired me to follow my dream to become a singer. But above all that put together he put his whole heart and soul into everything he did. Michael truly cared about people and wanted to make a difference. He had a heart full of love and selflessness. The fact that he had the courage to smile and carry on loving and giving even through all the pain and hurt he went through is what inspires me the most. He really cared and hs inspired me to have a heart of love, forgiveness and compassion. He's inspired me to carry on smiling through the hard times and not to give up hope and to live for the people who love you and not to be afraid of people makng fun of you. He wasn't perfect of course, but he was the most genrous, kind-hearted, pure and innocent man I ever knew. Michael gave so much love in his lifetime and want all races to come together in peace. He still carried on loving and giving even though people had hurt him and abused his trust. He respected people and I love how he went around hospitals and orphanages between concerts visiting the children and giving them presents, and gave lots of money to charities. He's inspired me to try and help people no matter what I'm goign through inside and try to have the level of innocence and purity only present in children. Love and innocence simply shone through him. It still amazes me how people can fail to see how beautiful this man was, and still is, inside and out. He's inspired to carry on with my life, trying to live out his legacy because I tried with all his soul to help people and he really meant it, "Whatever I sing, that's what I really mean." I love you michael, with all my heart. he's inspired me to ignore all the hatred and to to fill this world with love no matter how difficult it may be. He gave us so much through his life and genuinely loved us all. He's safe and happy now, God's taken him home to experience the complete love that comes in heaven.

And one day we'll be with him like this. I get all teary and smile at the same time while writing this. I bet he's smiling down on us right now, loving just as much as he did here on Earth. Michael's inspired me in so many different ways and I don't think I could ever fully tell anyone how much I love him, there just aren't enough words. Just let me say this.

I love you Michael Jackson, with all my heart and soulRIP Michael Jackson You Are Always In My Heart!

The Source:
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...7112754AAuYFRK
    Last edited by MJ TinkerBell; 04-08-2012 at 11:12 PM.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MJ TinkerBell For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 446
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryVeteranTagger First Class10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,971 Times in 1,499 Posts

Thumbs up Re: MJJC Legacy Project: How Does Michael Jackson Inspire You?

Quote Originally Posted by MJ TinkerBell View Post

How does Michael Inspire Me...?

I don't know where to start, I could write enough to fill the world three times over and still not feel as though I fully told people why I love Michael and how he has inspired me. So a short paragraph is going to be hard!

To begin with, simply hearing his voice makes my heart skip a beat, so does seeing his angelic smile and beauitful face. I've never felt like that with anyone before. This is going to take forever to exlain. He inspires me by his beauitful singing voice and amazing dancing and he can light up a room by simply walking into it. And even though he was incredibly gifted he had humility. He's inspired me to follow my dream to become a singer. But above all that put together he put his whole heart and soul into everything he did. Michael truly cared about people and wanted to make a difference. He had a heart full of love and selflessness. The fact that he had the courage to smile and carry on loving and giving even through all the pain and hurt he went through is what inspires me the most. He really cared and hs inspired me to have a heart of love, forgiveness and compassion. He's inspired me to carry on smiling through the hard times and not to give up hope and to live for the people who love you and not to be afraid of people makng fun of you. He wasn't perfect of course, but he was the most genrous, kind-hearted, pure and innocent man I ever knew. Michael gave so much love in his lifetime and want all races to come together in peace. He still carried on loving and giving even though people had hurt him and abused his trust. He respected people and I love how he went around hospitals and orphanages between concerts visiting the children and giving them presents, and gave lots of money to charities. He's inspired me to try and help people no matter what I'm goign through inside and try to have the level of innocence and purity only present in children. Love and innocence simply shone through him. It still amazes me how people can fail to see how beautiful this man was, and still is, inside and out. He's inspired to carry on with my life, trying to live out his legacy because I tried with all his soul to help people and he really meant it, "Whatever I sing, that's what I really mean." I love you michael, with all my heart. he's inspired me to ignore all the hatred and to to fill this world with love no matter how difficult it may be. He gave us so much through his life and genuinely loved us all. He's safe and happy now, God's taken him home to experience the complete love that comes in heaven.

And one day we'll be with him like this. I get all teary and smile at the same time while writing this. I bet he's smiling down on us right now, loving just as much as he did here on Earth. Michael's inspired me in so many different ways and I don't think I could ever fully tell anyone how much I love him, there just aren't enough words. Just let me say this.

I love you Michael Jackson, with all my heart and soulRIP Michael Jackson You Are Always In My Heart!

The Source:
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...7112754AAuYFRK
    WOW, what a heartfelt and true 'essay' :dancin:

It made me think of a line in the story "AWAKE" on MJJCBlog...

"Michael's only mission was
    to bring HAPPINESS where sadness was"

MJJC Resident Writer
    www.mjjcommunity.com

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Daryll748 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,020 Times in 512 Posts

Although I submitted my essay awhile ago, I'll post something here. Michael inspires me every day to open my heart and soul to the possibilities we can create in our lives and for the world. Michael inspires me to spread love into the world; as he stated in This Is It, put some LOVE back into the world. Michael inspires me to do my best at everything I do. Michael inspires me to see the light in everyone. Michael inspires me to forgive and to hope. Michael inspires me to be compassionate and aware. He inspires me to feel joy and peace. Michael inspires me to wonder and create. Michael inspires me to understand that we are all connected and have the ability to make that change. Michael inspires me to be in my truth. Thank you Michael.

Help MJJC support Starlight Children's Foundation:

Major L.O.V.E. Prayer - August 25, 2014

If you wanna make the world a better place, Take a look at yourself and make that change" - Michael Jackson

Twitter: http://twitter.com/windy09ForPeace How will you change the world today?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to windy09 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

I've been inspired by Michael's intellegence, love,
    perseverance, and talent. I just love Michael so much. I'm very extremely sadden that I never got a chance to meet Michael. My dream as a child was to meet Michael and go to Disneyland and just become his friend. MJ was my idol and still is. There will never ever be a another Michael Jackson, there will never be a person with MJ's understanding, love, and talent. Michael I will forever love you, and my love for you will never part.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kateclay For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

The Man In The Mirror Inspired Me To Volunteer..

A few weeks ago, a group of EHS employees and I volunteered to help out at a food drive hosted by a neighborhood youth center. When I heard about the opportunity, I thought of the many reasons I had to say no. I knew I’d want to sleep in Saturday morning—the shift started at eight; I’ve worked hard all week and deserve the break; I have a to-do list of filled with holiday shopping and laundry and tons of other things. Nobody would notice if I didn’t do it, so I have no one to let down. It’s not my responsibility, I am sure there are other volunteers who will be there. It’s not like the food drive won’t happen if I don’t go…
    After a small battle with myself, and I’ll admit, after watching a video clip of Michael Jackson’s “Man in the Mirror”—a song about how one person can make a difference—I decided that this was my opportunity to make a change. I am a sucker for MJ and I felt a rush of empowerment when I remembered the song’s message. So I took a look at myself and made a change.
    We weren’t sure what to expect when we arrived, but we all went in ready to serve. The coordinator had some of us put together 300 shopping bags while others unloaded the truck, tossing heavy boxes down the line yelling “Beefarroni, Macaroni!” We all got a kick out of that.
    I loved watching my co-workers smiling while helping others and going the extra mile, literally. Jon disappeared a few times to walk people to their cars—blocks away—in the rain. We joked that he probably went to a few houses to make soup. Kara was helping people reorganize bags to make them easier to carry—and sharing tips for how to prepare squash. Marcus found the most efficient way to break down boxes and Libby looked like she was going to need about 10 hours of yoga to recover from potato duty.
    As the event unfolded I felt a sense of love for my co-workers, admiration for the organizers and hope for the strangers who collected their food. When the people came to get their bag of food, around 150 people in all, I heard “bless you” and “thank you” over and over. But, I thank them for putting me in-check with myself. It was an honor to give myself to them all; to pick up heavy boxes and load people up with fresh produce. Everyone set aside their personal needs and comforts and completely devoted themselves to total strangers for five hours on a Saturday. It was a wonderful expression of gratitude, love, and community and the most fulfilling thing I have seen and done all year.
    There is no other activity that I could have come up with that would have made that Saturday any better. Live, be and do what you want to see in the world. Take a look in the mirror and start with you. I have set a goal for myself to volunteer at least four times in 2012—and I’m hoping I can inspire my co-workers to join me again.
    So, are you ready to set your goal for 2012? How many hours will you give? If you’re not sure where to start, look around your community or get online. There are numerous ways to donate your time—and giving benefits you as well!

“Be the change you want to see in the world.” -Mahatma Gandhi

The Source:
    http://engagedhealthsolutions.com/20...-to-volunteer/
    Last edited by MJ TinkerBell; 23-08-2012 at 04:44 AM.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MJ TinkerBell For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

A Michael Jackson Birthday Tribute Concert Live on Pepsi’s Twitter Page
    August 29, 2012 by Samantha Murphy

To celebrate the birthday of late Michael Jackson, Pepsi and Twitter will be live-streaming on Wednesday night a tribute concert from New York City.

Starting at 8:45 p.m. ET, fans who visit Pepsi’s branded Twitter page or Pepsi.com/CelebrateBad25 will be able to watch live performances by Canadian singer Melanie Fiona and R&B singer-songwriter Ne-Yo.

The event is part of a Pepsi’s “Live for Now” global ad campaign, which has featured other livestreamed concerts in the past. Earlier this month, the web was privvy to a stream of hip-hop star Nicki Minaj’s concert also in New York City and even had their tweets showcased on a digital billboard in New York City’s Times Square.

Pepsi is encouraging fans to use the hashtag #MJBirthdayShow for tweets related to the show.

>> @PepsiTwitter- Birthdays only come once a year, so don't miss the #MJBirthdayShow! Watch on pepsi.com/CelebrateBad25 tonight at 8:45pm ET! 29 Aug 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite <<

Neyo told Mashable he is honored to pay tribute to one of his biggest musical influences.

“I was 7 when the album ‘Bad’ came out, and I was completely in awe,” Neyo said. “I remember dancing around my living room while singing ‘Smooth Criminal,’ using one of my uncle’s hats as a prop.”

Meanwhile, Grammy-nominated R&B singer Fiona, who said she will be performing “Bad” and “Dirty Diana,” said she is gearing up to “embody my inner MJ” tonight.

“For me, Michael really stepped out on this album and showed everyone that he could not be put into a box,” Fiona said. “As a kid, I will never forget dancing with my cousins in my basement to his videos.”

“I’m truly honored to be a part of this celebration,” she added.

Michael Jackson, who died in 2009, would have been 54 today.

Brian Anthony Hernandez contributed to this report.

The Source:

http://www.pepsi.com/CelebrateBad25

http://mashable.com/2012/08/29/micha...tream-concert/
    Last edited by MJ TinkerBell; 14-09-2012 at 05:40 AM.

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: MJJC Legacy Project: How Does Michael Jackson Inspire You?

“Soul searching”
    By Daz.

Michael has ‘recently’ inspired me in a ‘Spiritual way’ cause
    I only recently read that Michael was quite ‘spiritual’ too…
    So, since I still MISS Michael and find it HARD to COPE with his LOSS…
    I don’t really trust Docs anymore so I’ve joined a ‘Energy healing centre’ where
    every Thursday, I follow a ‘Meditation’ course…

The following ‘story’ is what happened during this ‘guided’ meditation and
    it has grounded me so much that I’m finally ready to scout for a job
    after 3 years of ‘mourning’ and ‘feeling disconnected’…

The ‘meditation’ had as purpose to find out what your soul ‘intends’ to do here.
    Is it to forgive someone or is it just to enjoy the grass under your feet?
    All the meditations are ‘voice guided’ with soothing music in the background…

The voice told us to ‘image’ you walking down a path and
    with each step, you become more and more relaxed…
    She told us to look at our ‘soul’ and feel our ‘inner light’
    shining brighter with each step…
    She was talking about how you could ‘feel’ your body shine and
    that made me realize something ‘freaky’…

I had NO body, no feet and yet no hands anymore…
    I was a whizzing white bright star with thoughts, feelings and even ‘vision’…
    I wasn’t afraid… I felt FREE… I was heading for a place…
    She called it a temple… as I whizzed in…
    I noticed it was a Buddhist temple with a shrine surrounded with candles and orchids…
    The room was decorated in wood and yet there were NO chairs, cushions or even tables…
    So, it felt kind of weird why the voice ‘insisted’ I should take a seat…
    I protested… “I don’t have a body, okay… I’m a star…”

Then, I noticed… I wasn’t alone and a lot of shining stars were present…
    Some were brighter than others. There were a lot of yellow stars and
    I spotted a few red ones too…
    All with their own fluctuations like you see in a light bolt…

A familiar voice spoke to me: “It’s beautiful, isn’t it? “
    My vision ‘registered’ a yellow light bolt ‘star’ and surprised, I commented:
    “Michael… You are here too? ”
    I immediately recognized his voice though he was only an ‘energy’ bolt…
    “Yeah” he chuckled.
    “I told you, I’ll always be there for you…”
    “Ah, okay” I felt myself blushing as for a split second
    I doubted that I would ‘bump’ into him…
    It was the first time, I saw him as a ‘SOUL’ …

The voice told us…
    Two masters would take you apart to tell you about your ‘soul mission’ and
    now was even the time to ask them stuff and you would either get the answer
    straight away or in a couple of days…

So, the Bright yellow star ‘hovered’ to a secluded place and
    another now ‘green’ star joined us… He didn’t say a word…
    Nor uttered a thought but since he was ‘allowed’ to sit and listen…
    I guessed, it was maybe Michael’s guide so…

“I don’t really know what to ask, Michael?” I began the convo.
    He didn’t answer…
    “Maybe, a job? ”

I was glad that the ‘guided voice’ simply now announced she would be quiet for now
    as we could hear what the masters had to say and that brought a smile to my face
    as this is what I always fretted about…

“Trust me, Annie… All in time… You will see… I’ll take care over you…”
    “What about my friends? They need help too… I worry about them…”
    I heard him smile…
    “It’s okay.”
    “Will you help them too? They don’t have you, do they? “
    “Of course, Hun.”

We remained quiet for a moment…
    Too many words nor thoughts would taint this ‘sacred’ moment
    I was having with my ‘guiding star’…
    I just enjoyed the peace and the energy flowing…

The guided voice was back and told us to listen to what the masters
    had to say as they were about to reveal your ‘soul mission’…

“L.O.V.E is your mission… Helping and soothing people… Love lives forever…”
    I was baffled though I could have expected an answer like that from him
    as he would not bestow any act of violence on you and it made me smile
    cause now I was completely sure who he was…

The voice told us it was time to say ‘goodbye’ and ‘thank’ the masters…
    I had already learnt in a previous mediation to wave goodbye and
    ‘trust’ that walking away was ‘save’ as he would be there for me if I needed him…

So, one last look and a wave of ‘energy’ that ‘connected’ me with him and
    I was back on ‘earth’ feeling save and loved…
    My, that was quite an experience… PHEW…

-Written October 2012- Copyrighted by DAZ-

MJJC Resident Writer
    www.mjjcommunity.com

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Daryll748 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

:pray: How Beautiful is your writtings Daz just breath-taking really :group: you should have been a writer :agree::pray: Thank-you soooo much for sharing this amazing and insightful Post
    Last edited by MJ TinkerBell; 07-12-2012 at 11:29 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MJ TinkerBell For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MJ TinkerBell View Post
    :pray: How Beautiful is your writtings Daz just breath-taking really :group: you should have been a writer :agree::pray: Thank-you soooo much for sharing this amazing and insightful Post
    You're welcome, dear

I often get that remark of... WHY are you looking for a job?
    You have one as 'Writer' but it's NOT a job...
    it's a PASSION... I'd like to keep it MAGICAL like this...
    What am I supposed to do when dusk settles in... Watch numbing programs on Tele?
    NAH, I to create and bring escapism, magic and above all L.O.V.E

MJJC Resident Writer
    www.mjjcommunity.com

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daryll748 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,020 Times in 512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daryll748 View Post
    “Soul searching”
    By Daz.

Michael has ‘recently’ inspired me in a ‘Spiritual way’ cause
    I only recently read that Michael was quite ‘spiritual’ too…
    So, since I still MISS Michael and find it HARD to COPE with his LOSS…
    I don’t really trust Docs anymore so I’ve joined a ‘Energy healing centre’ where
    every Thursday, I follow a ‘Meditation’ course…

The following ‘story’ is what happened during this ‘guided’ meditation and
    it has grounded me so much that I’m finally ready to scout for a job
    after 3 years of ‘mourning’ and ‘feeling disconnected’…

The ‘meditation’ had as purpose to find out what your soul ‘intends’ to do here.
    Is it to forgive someone or is it just to enjoy the grass under your feet?
    All the meditations are ‘voice guided’ with soothing music in the background…

The voice told us to ‘image’ you walking down a path and
    with each step, you become more and more relaxed…
    She told us to look at our ‘soul’ and feel our ‘inner light’
    shining brighter with each step…
    She was talking about how you could ‘feel’ your body shine and
    that made me realize something ‘freaky’…

I had NO body, no feet and yet no hands anymore…
    I was a whizzing white bright star with thoughts, feelings and even ‘vision’…
    I wasn’t afraid… I felt FREE… I was heading for a place…
    She called it a temple… as I whizzed in…
    I noticed it was a Buddhist temple with a shrine surrounded with candles and orchids…
    The room was decorated in wood and yet there were NO chairs, cushions or even tables…
    So, it felt kind of weird why the voice ‘insisted’ I should take a seat…
    I protested… “I don’t have a body, okay… I’m a star…”

Then, I noticed… I wasn’t alone and a lot of shining stars were present…
    Some were brighter than others. There were a lot of yellow stars and
    I spotted a few red ones too…
    All with their own fluctuations like you see in a light bolt…

A familiar voice spoke to me: “It’s beautiful, isn’t it? “
    My vision ‘registered’ a yellow light bolt ‘star’ and surprised, I commented:
    “Michael… You are here too? ”
    I immediately recognized his voice though he was only an ‘energy’ bolt…
    “Yeah” he chuckled.
    “I told you, I’ll always be there for you…”
    “Ah, okay” I felt myself blushing as for a split second
    I doubted that I would ‘bump’ into him…
    It was the first time, I saw him as a ‘SOUL’ …

The voice told us…
    Two masters would take you apart to tell you about your ‘soul mission’ and
    now was even the time to ask them stuff and you would either get the answer
    straight away or in a couple of days…

So, the Bright yellow star ‘hovered’ to a secluded place and
    another now ‘green’ star joined us… He didn’t say a word…
    Nor uttered a thought but since he was ‘allowed’ to sit and listen…
    I guessed, it was maybe Michael’s guide so…

“I don’t really know what to ask, Michael?” I began the convo.
    He didn’t answer…
    “Maybe, a job? ”

I was glad that the ‘guided voice’ simply now announced she would be quiet for now
    as we could hear what the masters had to say and that brought a smile to my face
    as this is what I always fretted about…

“Trust me, Annie… All in time… You will see… I’ll take care over you…”
    “What about my friends? They need help too… I worry about them…”
    I heard him smile…
    “It’s okay.”
    “Will you help them too? They don’t have you, do they? “
    “Of course, Hun.”

We remained quiet for a moment…
    Too many words nor thoughts would taint this ‘sacred’ moment
    I was having with my ‘guiding star’…
    I just enjoyed the peace and the energy flowing…

The guided voice was back and told us to listen to what the masters
    had to say as they were about to reveal your ‘soul mission’…

“L.O.V.E is your mission… Helping and soothing people… Love lives forever…”
    I was baffled though I could have expected an answer like that from him
    as he would not bestow any act of violence on you and it made me smile
    cause now I was completely sure who he was…

The voice told us it was time to say ‘goodbye’ and ‘thank’ the masters…
    I had already learnt in a previous mediation to wave goodbye and
    ‘trust’ that walking away was ‘save’ as he would be there for me if I needed him…

So, one last look and a wave of ‘energy’ that ‘connected’ me with him and
    I was back on ‘earth’ feeling save and loved…
    My, that was quite an experience… PHEW…

-Written October 2012- Copyrighted by DAZ-
    Wow this is wonderful. Is this you Daryl? What a wonderful experience. Thank you so very much for sharing. Sending you a major L.O.V.E. <3

Help MJJC support Starlight Children's Foundation:

Major L.O.V.E. Prayer - August 25, 2014

If you wanna make the world a better place, Take a look at yourself and make that change" - Michael Jackson

Twitter: http://twitter.com/windy09ForPeace How will you change the world today?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to windy09 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by windy09 View Post
    Wow this is wonderful. Is this you Daryl? What a wonderful experience. Thank you so very much for sharing. Sending you a major L.O.V.E. <3
    Yep, the ONE and ONLY... Daryll
    "DAZ" is my Author name :cheeky:

Thanks, it was awesome

L.O.V.E

Daryll aka DAZ

MJJC Resident Writer
    www.mjjcommunity.com

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Daryll748 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

FOR YOU MJ

How MJ Inspired Me to Dance..

DANCING THE DREAM
    "Consciousness expresses itself through creation. This world we live in is the dance of the creator. Dancers come and go in the twinkling of an eye, but the dance lives on. On many an occasion when I am dancing, I've felt touched by something sacred. In those moments, I've felt my spirit soar and become one with everything that exists. I become the stars and the moon. I become the lover and the beloved. I become the victor and the vanquished. I become the master and the slave. I become the singer and the song. I become the knower and the known. I keep on dancing and then, it is the eternal dance of creation. The creator and creation merge into one wholeness of Joy. I keep on dancing and dancing.......and dancing, until there is only......the dance."
    ~Michael Jackson~Dancing the Dream 'Poems and Reflections by Michael Jackson' (Published 1992 by Doubleday)

The Early Years
    The first time I read those words, I thought, "WOW". How did he know exactly how I feel when I dance? I had always felt this way, but never realized what those feelings were until I read Michael's words in Dancing The Dream. It gave me chills. Then I remembered, MJ HAD BEEN THE ONE WHO INSPIRED ME TO DANCE! I have been thinking about writing on this subject for a long time. I needed a little more motivation and a few weeks ago, I got just that! Before I begin I would like to thank a girl named Kelly for opening my mind to let these words flow out.

It was around 1977, I was ten years old and in the fifth grade. I grew up in an extremely small town with only a school, post office, a humble family-owned grocery store, and many, many churches, but as time passed, as with all "small towns", it has expanded and now has a hair salon, a cake shop, a Subway, a Dollar General, and even a Family Dollar store! The school has been renovated to a modern elementary school, and more people have moved into the area. At my little elementary school, which was Kindergarten through Eighth grades, we had most of the same extracurricular activities of a city school, such as Football, Cheerleading, Basketball, Softball, and Track. That now seems like a small list of activities compared to what is available to students today. We definitely did not have a "Dance Team", and so Cheerleading was the most similar activity to Dancing that I would be allowed to try out for in those early years. You see, at the age of ten, my Mama decided that I WOULD play Piano, but I wanted to be a Cheerleader and play Basketball! So my Mama bought an old Piano and my Daddy bought a regulation Basketball goal. The piano went into the front room of our home, which was sort of a sitting room with the front door leading to the outside, but was enclosed from the rest of the home, and my father, of course, set up the goal about 25 feet from the front door in the yard of our Country home. So, as my Mother sent me to Piano lessons, which I just hated, I also tried out for the Basketball and Cheerleading teams at school and made both teams! I was a good Basketball player, but I was a great cheerleader! In 1977 Cheerleading wasn't like it is today, and I wish it were, but it just was not. For me, it was an outlet to express myself. I always felt the need to express myself in a monumental way, so I threw myself into Cheerleading as well as Gymnastics, which was outside of school activities. I just didn't feel the emotion, release, or escape when trying to play that piano. Now, I know you may be thinking, "But playing Piano is in unison with music, singing and dance..", but for me, at the time, it was not. Movement is how I wanted to express myself. I wanted to MOVE! Not sit on a wooden bench and push keys with my fingers! I just couldn't put the two concepts together and Cheerleading, Basketball and Gymnastics allowed me to MOVE! Adjacent to the "piano room" in our home was a car-port, which my mother had my father turn into an enclosed room, she called the sun-room. This sun-room is where I would begin my journey into loving music and dancing. As I took those awful piano lessons, realizing I did not have the gift of playing music, but was excelling in Basketball and Cheerleading, I would sneak out of that "piano room" and practice Basketball and Cheerleading and my mother never knew, because the door from the inside of the home into the piano room was always closed. As I think back on it all today, maybe she did know and was allowing me do what she realized I felt more passion for in my soul. I don't remember exactly what year it was, but around the same time as 1977-1978 I began listening to American Top 40 Co-Created and hosted by Casey Kasem every Saturday morning for three hours, on a small radio that my Daddy had bought for me, in that little sun-room. I will never forget the words Casey Kasem would announce at the end of the show "Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars!". Words, that later in my life, would become part of my obsession; an obsession which is that I DO HAVE A DREAM. Most of the music I had heard up until this time was either a mix of Country music, such as Johnny Cash, Conway Twitty, Waylon Jennings and Dolly Parton, or Gospel music, such as the Oak Ridge Boys and many different Gospel family quartets or singing groups, all on 8-Track Tapes in our car. I had to listen to those 8-track tapes over and over again on long vacations we would take as soon as school let out for summer break. Just the three of us, loading into the car and off we went, either visiting national parks, various theme parks or visiting my older siblings in other states. Soon, my Mama realized I would not be the next Mozart or Chopin and reluctantly allowed me to quit Piano lessons and focus on any extracurricular activity throughout my school years that would indulge that feeling of movement that was rooted deep in my soul.

Where it ALL began for MICHAEL and for ME!

The Rest of The Story

I am adopted. I am unlike anyone in my adopted family...The "Black Sheep" as they say. Don't get me wrong, I love my family and would not have it any other way, but I come from a very religious family. I was taught at a young age that DANCING AND LISTENING TO MUSIC other than church music was "A SIN"...WHAT? A SIN? How could something that made me feel so fulfilled in my soul, be a sin? And why was it that my Daddy's favorite music was NOT a Sin, but anything else was? This fact has always baffled me and still does to this day. As far back as I can remember, I LOVED listening and dancing to that music, on that little radio, in that sun-room every Saturday morning. I guess I was around 12 years old when my very religious, very strict parents allowed me to go skating at a small skating rink, just one town over...Maybe 5 miles away. It was at this skating rink when I first heard Michael.Jackson and the J5...DANCING MACHINE! Now, I had heard early J5 songs and would always move to their beats, when no one was looking, but when I was at that skating rink, no parents, no family around...I just lost myself in that song! I begged to go skating every Friday night and they let me! Well, most of the time, and I would hear 'Rock With You', 'Don't Stop til you Get Enough', and 'Off The Wall'. I thought I was in LOVE...Who was this singer?! since I lived in a small town, we could only receive three TV channels. ABC, NBC, and CBS...I was never allowed to watch the J5 on CBS, because, remember, that kind of dancing and music was a "SIN"! But one FATEFUL night, CBS presented MOTOWN 25 and MJ was on there and did his OWN thing, without the brothers...Billie Jean...I was mesmerized. I had chills all over my body when I saw Michael perform all alone on that stage. My mama knew. She saw the look on my face. As soon as THRILLER came out, I was standing in line to buy it. She was with me. I wore out my cassette tape and had to buy another one. I had the album too. Michael's music was in my heart. Michael's music was in my soul and it would never leave. I dance today and I dance well. I dance because MJ inspired me to dance and I will forever remember that it was Michael Jackson that gave me that inspiration, through his music, his performances and through his music videos, that I sometimes had to sneak to watch at my friends houses....We didn't get MTV until probably the 2000's, in the home I grew up in, so I could only watch it when at friends or my sister's homes. After, Motown 25, I joined every extra-curricular activity I could that afforded me the chance to dance; all the way through high school and beyond. I am 42 years old and every Saturday night my husband and I go to a club where a DJ plays and I dance all night long...I dance for the feeling I get deep in my soul and I dance....... for MJ.

"I Said if your thinkin' of being my brother it don't matter if your Black or White!"
    I PUBLISH THIS ARTICLE ON THE 9 MONTH ANNIVERSARY OF THE LOSS OF OUR KING..

THE GREATEST ENTERTAINER TO EVER LIVE!

FOREVER IN MY HEART!

MICHAEL JACKSON.....

The Source:
    http://pammjschaar.hubpages.com/hub/...d-Me-to-Dance#

24. The Following User Says Thank You to MJ TinkerBell For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: MJJC Legacy Project: How Does Michael Jackson Inspire You?

I couldn't help but 'post' this here in this 'Beautiful Inspiring' thread
    as this is WHY I'm so at 'peace' now at my current Intern ship

Healed by Michael
    Written by Daryll aka Daz…
    Inspired by Ingeborg Sergeant…
    This was one of the last Meditation ‘exercises’
    we got and since,
    I know the way to our fave place,
    I quickly ‘soared’ to the lake…
    Exactly ‘leaving’ the lesson taught about
    your ‘soul mission’ behind…
    Naughty, I know…

I found it COOL that I can ‘change’ now
    from HUMAN to SPIRIT form and
    of course the other way around…
    So, when I got my ‘human’ form back…
    I was standing there on the wooden strip
    bathing on the lake…
    I noticed the clouds ‘whizzing’ by and
    I was alone…

For some reason,
    it didn’t freak me out as in the distance
    I saw a star…
    The star became brighter and
    bigger as it approached me…
    I only smiled as I felt who he was…

I was a little baffled when the star hovering
    above the wooden strip,
    materialized in HUMAN form…
    I gawked at his face and saw his curls
    dangling in front of his eyes…

I think he wore white though
    I'm not sure cause
    I was too stunned about
    the ‘transformation’…

So, the only thing I could utter was
    ‘Hi Michael’…
    He didn't answer and
    only winked at me first…

In the distance,
    I heard her talking about
    ‘our soul mission’ and

I noticed Michael was ‘listening’ too at first…

He then gently hugged me and
    whispered in my ear that
    he was proud of me…

I nestled in his touch and
    for the first time,

I didn't squeeze him until
    he gasped for air…

I just savored the moment…

Michael let go of me and
    though we didn't talk now…

I could feel how he was just ‘energizing’ me
    as the lady told us to ‘remember’
    what our guide ‘taught’ us about
    our "soul mission" and

it was time to say Good bye…

I did sometimes that really ‘surprised’ me…
    I simply said:
    “I have to go now, Michael… “
    I waved at him.

“It’s okay, Hun” he replied and
    blew me a kiss…
    He ‘transformed’ into his ‘spirit form’ again and
    ascended to ‘heaven’ …

The next moment,
    I was aware off…
    I was back in the room full of people
    ‘awakening’ and

stretching themselves from the trip…

For the first time in 3 years,
    I felt SAVE… I felt HEALED…
    Thank you, Michael

See this is HOW Michael 'INSPIRE' me

MJJC Resident Writer
    www.mjjcommunity.com

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daryll748 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Thanks Daz for this profoundly inspiring Post

28. The Following User Says Thank You to MJ TinkerBell For This Useful Post: