Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: How Does Michael Jackson Inspire You?

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: How Does Michael Jackson Inspire You?

When I was teenager, I was watching Michael Jackson's live performance in Bucharest. That time i decided and told myself whatever happen in this life i want to be just like him.

From that day I started to copy his dance moves learned to creating music, how to write & sing. It was the year 2006 when i decided what i wanted to do in my entire life.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vishalpawar For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered

Level
    Thanks

It's the 25th, and I just want to say thank you Michael for being an amazing man and for filling our lives with beautiful music and spreading love every day. You inspire me. I miss you so much, Rest In Peace. ❤

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

Level
    Thanks

It is hard to just put it into a couple of sentences...Michael has been the center of my musical universe and heart since I was 6 years old....❤The fact that he is gone is something that I will never get over ....😢💔I am having a part time job as a child and youth care worker and my pay every month isn't really high...but I booked my flight to L.A. for next June to be there at his star and just finally let all of the sadness out that I have been carrying in my heart for the past years since 2009...I convinced my best friend to come with me to be emotional support....She knows that there is nothing more painful for me to know that I will never see him live...so she said if that journey is a little soul soothing for me she will support me on that.💕And refering on how much Michael is an inspiration for me....with his music and heart he kept me breathing and still now does and always will.

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class500 Experience PointsThree Friends31 days registered

Level
    Thanks

He inspires me to be a better happy human being and he inspires in dancing etc

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

MJJ is in the better world now where there is no mental or phisical pain. The pain I meet in my life so often, being a woman and not so strong and phisically healthy, so that it was better if we were really ghosts without body but mind, no need to eat or to think where you should get food every day, not limited in travelling because of money, ghosts can go anywhere, nobody can forbid, they are free as they don't exist. MJJ inspires me "just to make it another day", though I am really tired, but I go on, in hope we will meet on the other side when it's all over where there is no pain.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 40

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: MJJC Legacy Project: How Does Michael Jackson Inspire You?

Michael Jackson has inspired me for many years and as such I've created many a video regarding my collections of his work, but also a video looking at the potential future avenues that might sustain MJ's incredible legacy! If you could check it out and give it a share that would be great!

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

Level
    Thanks

I idolised this man through childhood to now teenage years and he has deeply inspired me, on so many levels.

I remember being around 5 in the car telling my dad I'd meet him one day but sadly, that will never happen.

I still remember the full day he died - something in me shifted. June 25, 2009 - I was 7 years old, turning 8 in less than 3 months and I remember walking to school and being told he was dead by a school friend and laughing it off thinking it was just a rumour. Until I got in my dads car and all he was playing was Off The Wall, I remember walking into his apartment and seeing it all over the news.

Whilst my heart was broken, something sparked inside of me... the impact of one person on millions upon millions, billions* it was so amazing to me at that age. You'd go in stores and he surrounded you, magazines on news stands with his name on the cover and his face. I remember reading them one by one, looking for photos and any stories I could find.

Even on the TV, VH1 would play him 24/7, his influence was inescapable in my world. For a few months, I would run upstairs and cry whenever his videos came on the screen but after a while, that ended and I vividly remember gazing at the videos, interviews, absorbing anything I could get - The way he made music videos into films just really struck me... his energy, the storytelling, the way it captured your attention in an instant. It really stood out to me. It was the coolest thing in the world and felt like time stopped.

In reality - I was a seven year old dealing with two feuding parents and an upcoming separation between them but he made me feel amazing, happy etc. - he took my mind off it.

So much so, that I started looking into his genius and scanning any book I could find about his origins and his story, renting countless unofficial biographies and just thinking he was the coolest dude on the planet. - it was through this that I picked up a habit for reading which has helped me immensely in English.

Which leads me to believe he helped me learn, one of my biggest flaws in school has always been Maths. I don't know what it is about it but I remember making tally charts of Jackson 5 charts and going around and asking my classmates for answers, he made maths fun and easy. Without even being there.

He taught me who soul legends I am inspired by today are - I was fortunate enough to go to the Michael Jackson Exhibition in 2009, and I remember there was a room of his influences, I was surrounded by black icons such as James Brown, Jackie Wilson etc. - as a eight year old I had no idea who they were prior, he introduced me to this world and made me dumb enough to believe I could follow in his footsteps.

So much so that I started making music, the summer after and I'm still continuing to this day and growing. I remember being 12, watching The Jacksons: American Dream and seeing Jason Weaver play him whilst singing I Wanna Be Where You Are - and I told myself I wanted to sing.

And now I'm getting vocal lessons and improving at it, all because of him. This was apparent to me when my vocal teacher asked me which I wanted to sing - to which I replied, Baby Be Mine.

I'm gonna wrap this up but he helped me through my mother's breakdowns and took my focus away from it, sparked my imagination and interest for film through This Is It and Moonwalker etc.

And I'm proud to say, I am now a musician, writer, producer, screenwriter and future director all because of you, Michael Joseph Jackson.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to GotTheHots For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

I posted this on my blog on his birthday. I guess this sums up what I generally learned from him over the years of being a fan.

There are some things that I learned not from friends, family or people who surround me.

To do best in whatever it is that I do.
    To never settle for mediocrity.
    To stand up and hold my head up high despite the cruelty of life.
    To keep going despite the prejudice of people.
    To not lose yourself despite others telling you what you SHOULD be because that's what makes you unique.
    To surpass and not accept stereotypes and all boundaries dictated by society

Yeah, I learned it mostly from this guy starting from high school. Happy would-have-been 59th birthday, King of Pop.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to armyoflove For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

Level
    Thanks

My fashion sometimes. I share his taste for colors quite a lot..

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

He's the reason for everything i do in my life, i can't fit it in words, because he is beyond words, he made such a huge impact on my entire life and many other's lives, he inspires me to be spiritual, loving and caring person, to go after my dreams and my future life, to be a nice and forgiving person, to be innocent and child-like as much as i can, to be the best that i could be, to be wise and open minded, and so many other things, i would write for the rest of my life and not get enough <3 <3 <3