I am going to the O2 on June 25th

MJ~And~Me

Proud Member
I am going to the O2 on June 25th so if anyone wants to meet me before the gathering you can PM me. :yes:

It is getting close to the date now. I hope to see a lot of people at the o2 on the day. Does anyone know if there is anything actually planned or is it just a case of turning up and let the day unfold?

Thanks but I do not have facebook can you post the info please?

Thanks but I do not have facebook can you post the info please?

Not sure about posting all the info as there are peoples names on and stuff but here part of it:

"
Last years tribute turned out amazingly -
which makes us want to make this years even bigger and better.
to remember the man Michael Jackson - 2 years on.

Venue: The o2, London

Hope to see as many of you out to celebrate the king of pop as we saw last year.

*Decided to start at 12.30pm for this year due to the fact people were completley starving last year and wanted food and drink :) so everyone will be able to get something before hand :)

There will be tributes throughout the day and we will have a vast range of performers. We aim to make this a celebration of Michael's life and legacy and will showcase every era of his performing career.

There will be two 2 minute silences. One in the afternoon at 1p.m. and one at night at 10.26 p.m. There will also be a candle lit vigil in the evening.

We have a diverse range of talent and the following will be performing/speaking at the event"

There is also a special guest speaker who was in TII!!!

I think it's safe to say you just turn up at the o2 and just kind of go with it. Last year me and Motsey spent the whole day at the o2 (including having a nap in the car when it got too hot and cos we'd been up all the night before). It was a hard day emotionally but there were some precious moments particularly in the evening when we all lit candles, then everyone joined hands in a huge circle to mark the time of passing and sung a few songs. I remember being in the middle of Motsey and Harmony, and Harmony was looking around saying about the wide range of fans from older people to children, all there for Michael, which was so true. Then we all sort of gathered to the platform, lit more candles and had an intimate sing along.

It can be quite tough emotionally but I found it touching and definitely better to be around others on the day. Might see you there then :)

Is there anyone in the Essex area that's going? Because my mum most likely won't want to go and I can't go on my own. Plus, no-one at school will want to go. If you are in the Essex area and are planning on going, could you please PM me?

I'm going to the o2 in June so I will see you all there. It was really special last year-so sad but lovely in a way as everyone was there for one reason. It was amazing to be with so many people that love Michael.

want to go, cant.. to far away! :( and to expensive to fly, and dont know anyone from here who want to go.
I will be in mind there!

I will be there. Just trying not to think of it right now, but yeah...

Bumping as it is getting closer to the date and want to make sure people know well in advance that there are things being organized for the day so nobody feels they have to be on their own. And it gives everyone a reasonable amount of time to sort out travel plans or somewhere to stay and time to save up.

I'm confused as there's 3 threads about this now lol but as this one seems to be the most active I just wanted to say (I meant to post this ages ago sorry!) that for anyone coming by public transport I would highly recommend looking into going by coach. I live in Winchester and it's usually a £30 return ticket by train but by coach it's a £2.50 return ticket so that's a MASSIVE difference.

I should have post this ages ago as not sure when the best time to get the really good deals like this is, but it's still cheaper than the train even at full price I think :)

spoonie;3403433 said:
I'm confused as there's 3 threads about this now lol but as this one seems to be the most active I just wanted to say (I meant to post this ages ago sorry!) that for anyone coming by public transport I would highly recommend looking into going by coach. I live in Winchester and it's usually a £30 return ticket by train but by coach it's a £2.50 return ticket so that's a MASSIVE difference.

I should have post this ages ago as not sure when the best time to get the really good deals like this is, but it's still cheaper than the train even at full price I think :)

you should have read the thread properly the link was right above you for the new 'official' thread but then again I dont blame you being confused and think the threads could do with being merged or people are getting duplicate info or even different groups are getting different meeting points which is a pain. Not telling anyone how to do their job especially as it was a mod who started the new thread but when a member does it the mods tend to merge them so maybe that would be best. This is not meant to be offensive I promise x x x x x

Being as this is Sam's personal thread, I see no need to merge it. Thanks for the concern though. :)

Being as this is Sam's personal thread, I see no need to merge it. Thanks for the concern though. :)

ok fair enough I see what you mean there sorry for the confusion. I saw what was said in the other thread btw and I genuinely am sorry for the inconvenience or for confusing things. I really just wanted to help everyone out not cause problems. I really hope there is no hostility on the day as tbh I am dreading going as it is and only want to go because its better than sitting crying alone so can we put any past behind us now?

Last edited:
Yikes sorry, think to be honest this was my fault if there's issues of confusion lol! I didn't read the thread properly *slaps wrist* I just posted in this thread as it was a couple of pages of long so seemed the most active, plus it was the one I was following and posting in from ages ago, so I just assumed it was best to post info here.

Sorry everyone, hope it's all sorted now :D

Hi guys,

Just to let you know, the reason i posted the other thread was because i kept getting PMs asking if there was an MJJC meet up going on, so to stop keep getting PMs i posted one up! I'm sorry for any confusion at all but this is why :)
I didn't want to merge the threads because of what Stacey said!
@xMichellex - Hi ya hun, there will be no hostility on the day what so eva. Personaly, hostility is not something thats in my genetic make up! This is a day that we all need each other. Like you said, I'm dreading the day to. I still cant belive we're here :( . We will all need each other :)

Much love to all. I hope to meet you all on the day.

Becca xxx

ok fair enough I see what you mean there sorry for the confusion. I saw what was said in the other thread btw and I genuinely am sorry for the inconvenience or for confusing things. I really just wanted to help everyone out not cause problems. I really hope there is no hostility on the day as tbh I am dreading going as it is and only want to go because its better than sitting crying alone so can we put any past behind us now?

I've only just seen this so sorry for the late reply. Of course there will be no hostility. Believe me when I say that please. I would hate for you to feel unwelcome. I hope to meet you there. :)

Back