Second show added for Michael Jackson Immortal Tour

rockstar

Proud Member

A second show has been added to Cirque du Soleil's Michael Jackson Immortal World Tour at the Scottrade Center.
The second show date is Feb. 8, 2012; the previously announced date is Feb. 7.
Tickets are available at ticketmaster.com or by calling 800-745-3000.
Ticket prices range from $50-$250. Discounts are available for groups of 20 or more.
Tickets are still available for the Feb. 7 show.
Also, Cirque du Soleil announced that longtime Jackson collaborator Greg Phillinganes as joined the show as musical director. Kevin Antunes is on the creative team as musical director.
The event's press release describes the show as "A riveting fusion of visuals, dance, music and fantasy that immerses audiences in Michael's creative world and literally turns his signature moves upside down, Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour World Tour unfolds Michael Jackson's artistry before the eyes of the audience. Aimed at lifelong fans as well as those experiencing Michael's creative genius for the first time, the show captures the essence, soul and inspiration of the King of Pop, celebrating a legacy that continues to transcend generations."

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainme...cle_4eec3686-6a9d-11e0-901b-001a4bcf6878.html

Can i ask something? Why on every Michael Jackson project they have to constantly emphasize that the project is for the fans?
Aimed at lifelong fans
When i was reading the announcment for the Elvis Presley and the Beatles Cirque du Soleil shows i didn't read anywhere that the shows were for their fans. They didn't have to make that statment. I noticed the same thing with the 'Michael" ablum and same thing with the making of the album. Sorry if i don't make any sence but i don't like when they use the word "fan" on everything conserning Mike. To me it seems like they are saying that what they are doing is for a particular group of people who tolerate Mike but not for the all the audience or people. And that to me feels like they are redusing Mike's appeal and is like saying that we are doing this for the fans, because they want it and not because Michael was an importan cultural icon whose legacy needs to be perpetuated. Maybe i am wrong but i have seen this "fan" thing being mentioned very often and it bothers me. Sorry for going out of topic.

I REALLY want to see this but can't afford to go to the US=( Do we know when it will be touring the UK and Europe?

what i was wondering: what is the setlist of this show? which songs did they choose????
because although the fans was said to decide which songs where on THIS IS IT i dont believe that that happend. the setlist of this is it was so similar to other tours that some really good songs werent performed...
so im scared that this will happen here too.. Songs from invincable or who is it give in to me little susie etc, I really hope they pay attention to all his songs and then choose.. because some songs are done to many times in my opinion

It's for the fans because if you like him you are his fan and want to see it. But if you hate him, you can stay home, even if you wanted to see that show.

Back