Books you love or books you are reading now.

Lucilla

Proud Member
Let's see what are the books you are currently reading or the books that you love :cheeky:

The Galaxy of the Mind - Rita Levi Montalcini

John Ronald Reuel Tolkien - Lord of the Rings (all 3)
Alexander Dumas - The Count of Monte Cristo
Arthur Conan Doyle - The Hound of the Baskervilles.

There are more but these are what I like the most... :yes:

Last edited:
I am reading now The Michael Jackson Tapes.

I purchased it several months ago but I haven't had the courage to read it.It is very emotion consuming :sad:

And for the rest I love classics
Lev Tolstoi - Ana Karenina
Margaret Mitchell - Gone With The Wind

I'm reading Her Mother's Hope by Francine Rivers. Just started. Also reading Mermaid by Carolyn Turgeon.

I'm reading "What Mrs. McGillicuddy Saw" - Agatha Christie right now. Love the movie and thought it was time to read the original!

I just finished reading Near to the Wild Heart (Perto do Coração Selvagem) by Clarice Lispector this past week. A few weeks before I had read The Girl With Glass Feet by Ali Shaw. I'm currently reading Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë.

Now I'm reading Philippa Gregory. The first book in the series Tudor > The Constant Princess (Katherine of Aragon).

the-constant-princess.jpg

This is a wonderful writer.

Lainy;3367620 said:
I'm currently reading Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë.

Classic!!! :wild: :heart:

And there's Jane Austen. All her books are wonderful! :wild:

I had since gone back to reading V.C. Andrews series Flowers In The Attic again. I think that is the best series I had ever read and I really can't seem to get enough of reading them. My book Flowers In The Attic alone had to be replace 3 or 4 times cause I had read it so much. I am a big V.C. Andrews fan I have nearly all of her books. Another book of hers that I am also reading is Daughter of Darkness. Which is her vampire story.

My favourite books are the ones in the Harry Potter series, I think they're brilliant.

Currently I'm reading Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code. Seems good so far.

My favourite books are the ones in the Harry Potter series, I think they're brilliant.
Same here! It always amazes me how Rowling managed to create such a world.. I could read these books forever, love them!

Other books I enjoy are Agatha Christie's novels and Harper Lee's To Kill A Mockingbird.

Lainy;3367620 said:
I I'm currently reading Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë.

My favourite book ever :heart:

I'm reading David Mitchell's The thousand autumns of Jacob Zoet.
David Mitchell is one of my favourite contemporary writers.

Yay books! :D I'm kinda reading 4 books right now :lol: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, East of Eden, The Shadow of the Wind and Third Girl by Agatha Christie. I always start a book and then find other books I want to read and start them too :lmao:

At any point in time though, I'm reading a Harry Potter book. I find it impossible to get bored by them :p

At any point in time though, I'm reading a Harry Potter book. I find it impossible to get bored by them :p

I know how that feels, I'm reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for the fifth or sixth time now I think. :D

I raecently read the two first books from the Hunger Games trilogy. The first one was really good but the second one felt repetitious to me. I still want to know how the story ends though, so I'll probably borrow the third one from my friend.

Currently I'm reading Dan Brown's The Da Vinci CodeSeems good so far.

Same here! It always amazes me how Rowling managed to create such a world.. I could read these books forever, love them!

Other books I enjoy are Agatha Christie's novels ...

I love love Agatha Christie novels. I think I've read at least a dozen of them.

Oh jeez, I need to read more! The last book I read was Shirley Temple's autobiography, which was very entertaining! Other than that, I've been slack as anything on borrowing books out. I don't even think I have a library card any more, haha!

My favourite book ever is The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty. I'm currently reading Legion, also by Blatty. He's an incredible writer, I'm actually rather jealous of him.

I love love Agatha Christie novels. I think I've read at least a dozen of them.

:)

She wrote so many novels I've lost count on how many I've read. It's been a while now since I last read something from her, I should make a trip to the library someday soon.

Have you guys read any of the novels she wrote as Mary Westmacott? I haven't.

I just finished Sonny Boy. It's from a Dutch writer Annejet van der Zijl. Beautifull book about how a teenage boy from Suriname came to Holland, how he build his life here and what happened with him and his wife in the 2nd world war. Very moving book.

Still need to start in the autobiography of quincy jones.

Am currently reading a great magazine/book of thought&living, called 'Atitudini'.

Last edited:

:)

She wrote so many novels I've lost count on how many I've read. It's been a while now since I last read something from her, I should make a trip to the library someday soon.

Have you guys read any of the novels she wrote as Mary Westmacott? I haven't.

Me, too. I haven't read her in a while but have also read so many I don't even know if I read one of hers as Mary Westmacott. I might get started with her again and check out the John Curran book as well.

Im reading "the twilight saga- the official illustrated guide"

Me too. I absolutely adore the Potter series. I've laughed, cried and lived every page of those books.
For me, the films aren't nearly as good as the books so I always get annoyed when people judge the books from what they've seen at the cinema.
I'm off to see Hogwarts next month at Universal Studios... I can't wait!!!

I just finished reading Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides. I recommend it to you, it's a page turner (although on the thick side..)

I'm currently reading "To Kill A Mockingbird" by Harper Lee.

Back