O.P.I Nail polish!

kindofdisco

Proud Member
I'm pretty sure every girl knows how amazing OPI nail polish is, haha! I've been unlucky in that I only discovered it about 6 months ago, but I think that was due to poor advertising of the product here in Australia. America's probably had it for years, but I distinctly only remember seeing it around in the last year or so?

Favourite colours? Which ones do you own?

DSCF2044.JPG

(Obviously not my nails, I wish they were that perfect haha!)

I'm also loving the new Pirates of the Caribbean range, with silver shatter! Black shatter has been out of stock here for months and months, I haven't been able to pick it up and I think the same thing is going to happen with the silver too.

I own Russian Navy (dark blue with hint of purple), Kyoto Pearl (silvery white) and Funky Dunkey (purple)... I actually prefer essie because the O.P.I brush is too big for me to apply the nail polish myself. essie is easier to manage on my own. I love O.P.I.'s base coat though.

I love that color you posted, i recently discovered O.P.I i haven't bought any yet because there so expensive(about $8.50 each) but i've read that the price is worth it, i may give in because i am tired of my nail polish chipping after a few days.

I want to try the black shatter nail polish

tumblr_lfip8nxTzc1qgxpado1_500.png

8.50! Oh my gosh, it's 19.95 over here!
:bugeyed WOW! maybe i should ship you some :lol: but then the cost of shipping would probably make as expensive if not more. Have you tried to but it online? check amazon or some other beauty sites might have some discounts.

^ I was thinking about it, but the shipping is gonna pile on and it might get broken in the post!

Black Onyx
Blue my mind
Green is the new black

Best thing about OPI is the amazing names, haha! I really want to get the colours in the Texas range, like Ya'll Come Back You Here and I think it's called Austinacious Green or something like that?

I have Light a Candle from OPI's Nicole line. In the daylight, it looks purple, indoors, it looks silver.

I also love using OPI nail color because it is long lasting!

belize-it-or-not-opi-nail-polish.jpg

I love this color! But its so hard to find them here :scratch:

Last edited:
I LOVE O.P.I nail polish! OMG, it's the best stuff I've ever used...The colours are always so unique, I find....I'm not at home right now, so I can't remember the exact colours I have....I do have some Oriental type colours such as 'Chop-sticking to my story' and 'Red My Fortune Cookie' :lol:...I love the names they use, too....I also have one called 'Charmed by a Snake'..which is a really nice goldish brown colour...Umm...I have a lot of fuschia, and pink colours too...I think I have a total of 10 nail colours right now because they're pretty expensive...But they look so good and last quite a while :D

Check it out! I just bought this stuff, but haven't tried it yet....skip to 0:35...looks super cool and I can't wait to try it...I bought the 'Sparrow Me The Drama' colour lol....

[YouTube]_-WpjSXdbPM[/YouTube]

I really want to try the Katy Perry OPI collection and the pirates of the caribbean range-especially Mermaid's Tears. Here in the uk I never see them in store, just to order online

I own:

An Affair in Red Square (My absolute favourite one.)
Bastille My Heart
Siberian Nights

They are quite expensive, so I usually buy cheaper nail polish. The nail polish I usually get is the brand offered at Hot Topic. They're very nice, and reasonably priced, however, O.P.I. is obviously much better quality. I would get more O.P.I. polish if I could afford it. If it were up to me, I would purchase the entire Russian and French collections.

However, I am bitterly disappointed over the fact that O.P.I., during all these years, has failed to come up with a German collection. They've had almost every country under the Sun now, except Germany! What gives?

Oh, I found them at the store here! There weren't many shades to choose from, though, but I had difficulties choosing only one (they cost 16.20e here). I ended up with Hawaiian Orchid and I'm definitely buying more everytime I have money to spend! :)

I don't own any yet, but I have the shade High Maintenance on my Sephora shopping list. :)

Yeah, my cousin told me O.P.I's are the very best... unfortunately, nothing stays on my nails for more than few hours. I suppose I'm just too impatient :rolleyes: But the colours are pretty!

I don't know, maybe I'm doing somehing wrong but they aren't lasting very long on my nails and I had to put like 4 layers of the polish so the colour wouldn't look washed out.. :unsure:

^ Are you putting a clear base on first? I find that helps with colour density sometimes!

^ Give it a go! If not, I'm not sure what to do. I found the first time I used OPI nail polish I put too many coats on and the colour went a lot darker than what was on the bottle, and the paint never dried properly and I had to end up starting again. Two coats seems to be the best amount when I do it now.

I agree with kindofdisco. Put a clear varnish on first and let that dry before applying the coloured varnish. It'll give it a "base", so less of the coloured product is needed to produce the desired results. The issue with lighter colours is that they do tend to appear washed out upon application. I find that putting a clear base diminishes this effect.

Last edited:
Back