Who uses foundation and why or why not?

xMichellex

Proud Member
I do not wear foundation I am actually probably older than most of you which is apparently when people start 'needing' it but before then should not use it as it ruins your skin. My skin is good for my age so guess laying off the foundation was a good thing and also means I do not exactly 'need' it now. I wear other types of makeup but not foundation I cannot imagine wearing it all day every day anyway I used to sometimes wear it when I was younger and it just felt icky and I could not wait to get it off. I am not saying I am right with everything I have said I am just giving my opinion and want to hear everyone elses thoughts on foundation too, there is no right or wrong I am just interested!

I do not use foundation on a regular basis either. I only put it on when I am going to be photographed. When I do use it, I use powder, not liquid.

I only use foundation if my skin looks really bad on that day and i use the powered one

I use foundation just about every day. I just think I look better with it than without. Makes my skintone look more even. Currently using Revlon ColorStay.

I'm using it when I go out, not to go to work or to run errands or something. I do however always wear concealer to hide tired skin around my eyes en red spots (like around the nose when cold). If I use foundation it's Chanel's liquid Teint Innocence (sadly discontinued :() or Vitalumiere which are both really light and I actually think they do my skin favours. If I'm on a budget I use Rimmel foundation. I feel prettier with foundation, but I have to put it on with care, because if I don't it actually looks 10 times worse than without (mismatch of colour, uneveness of texture). Not wearing foundation does feel a tad healthier and more natural though and I don't have to watch not touching my face to ruin any make-up.

I do not wear foundation I am actually probably older than most of you which is apparently when people start 'needing' it but before then should not use it as it ruins your skin[/]. My skin is good for my age so guess laying off the foundation was a good thing and also means I do not exactly 'need' it now. I wear other types of makeup but not foundation I cannot imagine wearing it all day every day anyway I used to sometimes wear it when I was younger and it just felt icky and I could not wait to get it off. I am not saying I am right with everything I have said I am just giving my opinion and want to hear everyone elses thoughts on foundation too, there is no right or wrong I am just interested!

No, the foundation does not ruin your skin.The foundation is a must, it protects your skin.You only must find the right one for your type of skin and it must be a good quality brand.

I'm 40 now, I have always had a good skin, nothing needed to cover up, but still I can't remember a time when I didn't wear foundation every day.

No, the foundation does not ruin your skin.The foundation is a must, it protects your skin.You only must find the right one for your type of skin and it must be a good quality brand.

I'm 40 now, I have always had a good skin, nothing needed to cover up, but still I can't remember a time when I didn't wear foundation every day.

interesting reply thanks. In what way does it protect your skin? In the same way as a moisturizer or sunscreen? I was always under the impression foundation ruined the skin both by clogging the pores of someone acne prone and by causing ageing in the long run.

^^^^They have come up now with special formulation containing moisturizer, firming benefits and of course sunscreen.And depending on your skin type (oily, dry etc) you may choose liquid, powder, cream.

And these are the best, check this out :

Mineral foundation powders are the newest trend in make up. Here are healthy skin benefits to using this product, along with application tips and techniques.
Mineral based makeup has become a huge trend that is definitely here to stay. The benefits of using mineral foundation powders are numerous and quite compelling. The beauty of mineral foundation powder is that it can be used on all skin hues and skin types. It is made of high pigment minerals that have been finely crushed. They are available in loose dusting powders, pressed powders and creme powders.
Mineral based makeup differs from traditional makeup in a very specific way. Most cosmetics have artificial ingredients. They are filled with fragrances, talc, preservatives, dyes, and unnecessary additives. These ingredients can be damaging to pores and the skin's general appearance.

In contrast, mineral foundation powder is totally pure. This product does not contain ingredients that can be harmful to your skin's health. Actually, mineral foundation powder contains titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, which have been proven to improve the condition of your skin with continued use. It is ideal for sensitive, acne-prone or damaged skin.
Titanium dioxide and zinc oxide are two minerals that are a very powerful sun block. At an SPF 20, they can protect your face from damaging UVA, UVB and URA rays. For this reason alone, mineral-based makeup is recommended by dermatologists and plastic surgeons during the healing time after surgery. Mineral makeup actually promotes and speeds up healing time. You also need not buy a separate sun block. This amazing product has the sun block built right in!

In addition, sensitive and acne-prone skin can benefit from using mineral foundation powder. There is an extremely low allergy risk and is excellent for all types of problem skin. These powders aid in oil absorption and keep a matte fresh finish throughout the day and into the night. They contain no skin irritating materials. They are also comedogenic, which means they will not block or clog pores.

Mineral foundation powder is free of oils, waxes, silicone and is anti-inflammatory. They can assist in soothing and medicating irritated skin. The ingredients consist of inert and natural minerals that can not support bacteria and are preservative free. There is virtually no risk for people with skin allergies or skin sensitivity.

This product is so pure that less is more. You can use a lot less of the product and receive the same amount of coverage. Since most people do not like looking too "made up," this is ideal. The trick of wearing make up is to look like you aren't wearing any, so mineral foundation powder is the answer. Most people find that mineral foundation powder is perfect from smoothing out imperfections while still looking natural. Moreover, since you are using less product, you are actually saving money!

Make up artists swear by mineral foundation powders. They provide radiant coverage. The mica contained in most of these powders serves to reflect light to minimize the look of fine lines. Being talc-free, mineral powders hold in moisture to keep the skin healthy and hydrated, thereby avoiding wrinkles. They give a sheer and flawless finish. The minerals combine with your skin's natural oils to make flaws virtually disappear. The oils in your skin actually make mineral powders look better as the day goes on!

In addition, your face will not look dull or like the powder was caked on. Mineral foundation powder covers the skin in a micro-thin dusting that reflects light and is incredibly light and breathable, allowing the skin's true radiance to shine through. The light reflective ingredients give the skin a youthful, almost dewy glow with a light weight and creamy finish. The light reflective nature also makes each shade of powder suitable for a variety of skin tones and hues.

In regards to foundation being bad for your skin, putting moisturizer on before applying makeup should prevent problems from happening.

I think it's a good thing to wear because foundation worn correctly evens out your skin tone and in general makes your skin look clearer and nicer. When I wear it I forget that I actually have it on...I think it depends on the foundation. :D

I use mineral foundation by Bare Escentuals. I have some scarring from acne over time and new breakouts so I use it to cover that up. It looks like a powder but it feels like velvet and weightless. :)

I use many different foundations on my face at the one time.
...its not exactly good for my skin im sure...but hey it works like...it gives it a nice even full coverage....which is what i want in a foundation.
I use Revlon, Bourjois and MAC. I dont normally powder all the time...just sometimes when it looks shiny.
I also use concealer over the foundation under my eyes and on any spots/blemishes.

Honestly i couldnt imagine NOT wearing foundation. But im jealous of anyone who doesnt wear it! :lol:

I wear foundation almost everyday. Especially when I go to work. There is no way I would ever go to the office without my face on, lol. I have always fought acne and have uneven skin tone so foundation evens it out. I feel naked and not right without it. If my skin is behaving and I don't have a lot of breakouts I will run errands on the weekends without it but that's very rare. I just feel better with foundation/makeup on!

I have several types of foundation that I use alternately depending on how my skin is that day. I have tried Bare Minerals but they are a little expensive for me so I switched to the drugstore brand Prestige which I think works even better (and it's cheaper!). What I've been using mostly these days is Era Everyday airbrush foundation which you are supposed to spray on but I just apply it with a makeup sponge most days. I also sometimes use Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless cream foundation. Every foundation I choose MUST have good, full coverage because there's always something on my skin I need to cover. It's sad that at the age of 47 and I am still fighting acne!

I wear foundation almost everyday. Especially when I go to work. There is no way I would ever go to the office without my face on, lol. I have always fought acne and have uneven skin tone so foundation evens it out. I feel naked and not right without it. If my skin is behaving and I don't have a lot of breakouts I will run errands on the weekends without it but that's very rare. I just feel better with foundation/makeup on!

I have several types of foundation that I use alternately depending on how my skin is that day. I have tried Bare Minerals but they are a little expensive for me so I switched to the drugstore brand Prestige which I think works even better (and it's cheaper!). What I've been using mostly these days is Era Everyday airbrush foundation which you are supposed to spray on but I just apply it with a makeup sponge most days. I also sometimes use Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless cream foundation. Every foundation I choose MUST have good, full coverage because there's always something on my skin I need to cover. It's sad that at the age of 47 and I am still fighting acne!

The Simply Ageless would have been a holy grail for me if it didn't make me look ghostly. It's so hard for me to find the perfect foundation, and finding one that matches makes the search even more difficult.

In the last 2 years I have worn foundation a grand total of 4 times. Once was when I had to give evidence in court, once was at my brothers wedding, once was at Michaelmas and once when I had a bit part in my friends MJ tribute show. I have very sensitive skin that is easily irritated so I don't like to wear a lot of make up, plus to be honest, I would rather people tell me I look nice when I decide to wear it than tell me I look ill when I don't which is what happens to most people I know lol.

I'm fortunate enough to have clear skin so I don't feel like I HAVE to wear it so I don't. I am very very pale but that's just the way I am, I don't want to change it. The only skin problem I do have is I get sunburned easily in the summer and windburned easily in the winter plus my skin reacts to sudden climate changes (going into a heated room from a cold outside or into an air conditioned room from a warmer outside in the summer) so I sometimes temporarily look quite red until I adjust (which can be annoying as it's usually right around then that someone produces a camera and wants to start taking snaps of everyone grrrr) but I would rather deal with it than upset my skin with foundation.

Plus my boyfriend says he likes the fact that I don't wear a lot of make up as apparently he prefers the "natural look" ha ha :D

I have tried whatever liquid foundation there is under the sun, but I've come out disenchanted each time.

There was never a time when it hasn't worn off badly and makes my face look cakey. It just feels like crap.

I don't necessarily go out with powder on anymore, at all - at bare minimum I put some clear CoverGirl mascara, some blush, and some lipgloss. I don't like the way any face powder wears off either, but it does not wear off remotely as badly as its liquid counterpart.

However, if I do feel like wearing some foundation, it has to be CoverGirl fresh complexion pocket powder (the nifty blue compact). That really looks nice for several hours. It doesn't make my face look remotely cakey even after a few hours settle in. It could make your face look orangey though - maybe not - and it does kind of do that to my face but not enough for someone to call me a pumpkin. It has a wonderful finish and I haven't found another foundation of comparable price and quality. I believe that Neutrogena (they make great skin care products) makes a rivaling foundation but it costs a few dollars more.

I just don't like how makeup starts to feel after 2 or 3 hours. The fresh feeling on the face is short-lived at best. I actually don't think I look that bad without that kind of makeup but if or when I had to go to someplace or some event that was not casual, I'd need something for that occasion.

However, if I do feel like wearing some foundation, it has to be CoverGirl fresh complexion pocket powder (the nifty blue compact). That really looks nice for several hours. It doesn't make my face look remotely cakey even after a few hours settle in. It could make your face look orangey though - maybe not - and it does kind of do that to my face but not enough for someone to call me a pumpkin. It has a wonderful finish and I haven't found another foundation of comparable price and quality.

:yes: That's what I wear.

I don't use regular foundation very often.I wear BB cream from Sunplay almost every day.I mostly apply on my cheeks to even my skin tone and hide my pores. It's texture is much lighter than regular foundation and gives my skin a more natural look.

I don't use regular foundation very often.I wear BB cream from Sunplay almost every day.I mostly apply on my cheeks to even my skin tone and hide my pores. It's texture is much lighter than regular foundation and gives my skin a more natural look.

that sounds interesting never heard of it before any more info you can share?

Plus my boyfriend says he likes the fact that I don't wear a lot of make up as apparently he prefers the "natural look" ha ha
bigsmile.gif

But thats a good thing i reckon

I've been using liquid foundation for a few years now, and just recently swapped to a new brand. It's fantastic, it's also 30SPF whatever resistant to the sun, which is a must here in Australia! There's been times this summer that it's saved me from sunburn, thank goodness haha! The unfortunate part is that it's quite expensive, and I just don't have the cash to buy a new bottle at the moment so I'm trying to save it for special occassions and just wear light make up during the day.

that sounds interesting never heard of it before any more info you can share?

BB cream is quite popular in Asia. It's similar to foundation(both are skin tone liquid) but it's texture is lighter.
It's pretty much the combination of everything(sun blocking,concealing,moisturizing ...pretty much the same with foundation?) It can really conceal the flaws of my skins without looking too obvious that I've applied makeup. I really like using it but it depends on different people I guess. From what I've heard some people got pretty bad acnes after using it.

I try not to want to wear a certain level of makeup such that you look radically different when you wake up the next morning when it wears off - know what I mean?

I wouldn't want the guy to think when he wakes up "wait a minute! I didn't marry you, you're not my wife, what's going on? I want a divorce!" :bugeyed

(OK there's no guy involved - I'm just being silly LOL...that wouldn't necessarily even happen to someone...I'm just exaggerating to prove a point)

I try not to want to wear a certain level of makeup such that you look radically different when you wake up the next morning when it wears off - know what I mean?

I wouldn't want the guy to think when he wakes up "wait a minute! I didn't marry you, you're not my wife, what's going on? I want a divorce!" :bugeyed

:hysterical:

I used to, but could never find anything that matched my skin color well enough and didn't feel like I had something on. I hated feeling like I had a mask on, and I am not fond of the smell of any of the products either. I ended up giving up foundation a few years ago and haven't looked back since. I instead take better care of my skin so that I don't need it as much. My skin regime takes about 45 minutes every morning and night now because of it!

I need it. I won't even leave the Haus without it. As a matter of fact, I haven't gone anywhere in almost a month because I have no money to buy foundation. I've become somewhat of a recluse, and I cannot wait until I get my check [should be soon, I hate the school payment system...] so I can go buy some and get my life back on track.

I need it. I won't even leave the Haus without it. As a matter of fact, I haven't gone anywhere in almost a month because I have no money to buy foundation. I've become somewhat of a recluse, and I cannot wait until I get my check [should be soon, I hate the school payment system...] so I can go buy some and get my life back on track.

do you have enough to wear (once you get paid) to the shop to buy some or will you be braving it barefaced lol or buying online? Sorry just curious and why do you feel you need it anyway? I saw the pic you posted before and you looked pretty with nice and youthful skin (but then you might feel its because you were wearing foundation in the pic). If I am being intrusive then do tell me but I am curious as to why you feel you must wear it especially to the point of not leaving the house. And I am damn sure me saying that you probably dont need it at all and look beautiful wont make a difference but I do mean it.

Back