Make up brushes?

Alyssa

Proud Member
Okay heres a question for all my wee make-up junkies out there...What brand of brushes do you use?
I haven't exactly purchased a brush over £10 before... so im kinda a bit unsure about spending the money on MAC brushes. I would just LOVE to...but jee wizz..there some price arent they?

I have mostly MAC and Bare Escentuals brushes. Have a couple Smashbox brushes too.

^ woahh thats good to know! :)
I mean the MAC foundation brush is £26 and the foundation brush i use atm is like £7 lol so quite a difference.
What MAC brushes would you say are essentials? I think i will just splash out on them! :lol:

Alyssa;3381452 said:
^ woahh thats good to know! :)
I mean the MAC foundation brush is £26 and the foundation brush i use atm is like £7 lol so quite a difference.
What MAC brushes would you say are essentials? I think i will just splash out on them! :lol:

I use pretty much only the eyeshadow brushes, but I'm not sure which ones exactly lol, but I love them all.

DirtyDiana2000;3381502 said:
I use Bare Escentuals and Smashbox brushes. :)

Smaashbox brushes are oh so soft. I have a face brush that I absolutely love! BE's face brushes are awful though IMO. I think they're incredibly rough. Really wish they'd switch to softer fibers. I think they'd be great if they did that. Love their eyeshadow brushes too.

Apparently Sigma brushes are supposed to be good MAC dupes.

That's what I heard. Only thing that's keeping me from trying them is that I just don't need any new brushes :lol:

Only thing I don't really need a brush for is foundation. I switched back from mineral makeup to liquid and I apply it with my fingers.

Not that it was brought up, but I can recommend against a brush: the kabuki brush by Jane.

A. W .F. U .L.

^ Oooh really...what was wrong with it? i dont usually use a Kabuki brush.

I don't really know the difference between Kabuki brushes and other brushes, except maybe that they're smaller?

The bristles were coming out all over the place!

Apparently Sigma brushes are supposed to be good MAC dupes.

Get the Sigma brushes, Alyssa! I've ordered mine from the US last week! They are really good, some even say they're better than MAC! In addition you need to get the 217 Mac brush, too for blending.

Back