63 43.45%
  • Unsure

34 23.45%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Debate - MJ3

Thanks
    Thanked 3,041 Times in 630 Posts

Default The Great Debate - MJ3

Should we show and discuss Michael's children.

Should we promote the pap photos that are being taken.

Should we be free to discuss and watch them grow.

Do you think we as a community in honour of Michael should stay loyal to his wishes of privacy.

Do you think its to late now and no matter what we do his children will be subject to the media.

Do you feel you should be able to see them here rather than visit a tabloid website which has crappy articles written about them.

Its over to you.

Vote and discuss.

And Please I ask you all do it with respect and L.O.V.E. otherwise your response will be discounted and removed.

Thanks

Default Re: The Great Debate - MJ3

When did they start getting refereed to as "MJ3". Remember their humans not a item of creation from Michael.
    In my opinion we should not allow photos of the children as I'm sure Michael would not allow it and that should continue.
    Also it prevents them from having normal lives without thousands of fans watching their every move.

Thanks

No. We should all as fans try to respect mj s whishes as so many people have been to quick to forget what he wanted.

Thanks

I voted NO.

I believe we as Michael Jackson fans should respect Michael. When you love someone you might not agree with with every thing they say or do but you respect their views.

Many people did not agree with Michael hiding the childrens faces. In this age of celeb culture it was seen as as strange and odd. Why cover their faces, Madonna didnt cover her children, David Beckham dosnt cover his children etc etc.

What many didnt understand was that Michael wanted to give his children something he never had. He wanted them to be able to walk down a street and not be recognized. He knew the consequences of living in the public eye and wanted his children to be protected. When Michael was here it worked. In May 2007, he came to London and was papped at the airport. The media reported that he was travelling without his children. Not true, they just didnt walk with Michael. They walked right past the media and were not recognized.

In the last 23 months Prince, Paris and Blanket have lost that protection. Yes they are growing up and most likely would not have continued to cover their faces. But if the media did not recognize them, they would have been able to go out and about without the PAPS following them everywhere. They would only be Michael Jacksons children if they were with him, otherwise they would have just blended in with the other children.

We need to step back and ask ourselves WHY we feel a need to have these photos? Just cos they are on PAP sites dosnt make it right. Just cos EVERYONE else has these photos dosnt make it right. If Michael was still here, would you want these photos on the forum? So whats changed? Just because Michael is not here does not mean we can do what ever we like. If we really do love Michael, if we really do respect him, then we follow our heart and do what is right, not just what ever one else is doing.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,564 Times in 4,607 Posts

I dont see anything wrong with having their photos here or being able to discuss and watch them grow.
    The pics safe here with us .. We love them and are not going to disrepect them. They are not toddlers
    any more and they are no longer hidden from the world .. So i dont see why we should not allow them
    in here. We dont know what Michael wishes would be at this point. As long as they are respected in
    here _ I wouldnt say NO to bringing in any disrepectful tabloid articles about them.
    You know that L.O.V.E. survives
    * * * so we can Rock forever * * **

Blog Facebook Twitter Youtube Tumbler

Thanks
    Thanked 7,002 Times in 2,200 Posts

I dont have an issue with pics taken in public been shown ie at events.out on the street cause at the end of day they are out in public. Theres nothing that can be done since the jackson family outed them and id rather the pics be posted here than fans having to go to tabloid sites to see them.i dont like leaked private pics been shown although at the end of the day it doesnt stop many looking myself included

personally i like and hate seeing pics of the kids. Like seeing what they are doing etc.cause its all we have left of mj.but other times i dont like seeing pics as its upsetting.i have no issue talking seeing pics of the kids aslong as its done respectfully which imo it can be done on this site.id rather fans beable to come here and talk and see the latest pics then have to go to other sites which are full of crap.

Thanks

I think Michael was planning on letting them being out in the open anyway. There were a few occasions in the months before he passed that they were out with him with no masks at all. I'm not sure he would've wanted them to garner the attention they do now, but what can you do? It was bound to happen after such a destructive event as Michael's death. If he was still here, it'd be a completely different story.

Thanks

I guess another thing that worries me is that fans are transferring their love of Michael to the children, as they are a link to him. Also the fan community has changed, many fans are now peers of the children and dont see anything wrong creating fan sites for them. It used to be a privilege and an honor to know what Michaels children looked like, now their faces are plastered over TMZ. Theses children are not celebs. Yes they have a famous father, but so many other famous people keep their children away from the public eye until the are old enough to choose for themselves.

Are photos of Bono and The Edges children in U2 Fan sites???

Thanks

Yeah I have to admit, the fansites and blogs dedicated to the children are not appropriate at all. Maybe if Paris decides to become an actress and has a career of her own or whatever, but they're just kids at the moment with fairly normal lives. They're only famous because of their father.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 491 Posts

I voted yes. Provided the photographs are non intrusive ie taken without their knowledge and from a long range camera. As long as there are photographs out there folk will be able to see them. Any discussion should of course be kept respectful. I guess this all goes with the territory of being the children of someone who was arguably the most famous man in the world. I also believe that Michael would have been allowing his children to be out and about without masks now they are getting older.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,041 Times in 630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MLVD View Post
    When did they start getting refereed to as "MJ3". Remember their humans not a item of creation from Michael.
    In my opinion we should not allow photos of the children as I'm sure Michael would not allow it and that should continue.
    Also it prevents them from having normal lives without thousands of fans watching their every move.
    Rid the attitude will ya, its a term everyone has been using to ensure privacy across the net, dont forget names are just as important as pictures thank you very much.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 412 Posts

I vote no.

I think we need keep our policy of featuring the children only when they make official appearances.

Unlike Willow and Jaden, they have not started a show-business career and therefore their only claim to fame is being Michael Jackson's children.

As much as the rest of the world may not want to draw the line, I think that we as a board that supports Michael should not go down this slippery slope of exposing these children to dissection, analysis and criticism and, in some cases, unhealthy fascination.

A tabloid celebrity culture has done more harm than good to many celebrity children. I do not think we should contribute to that.
    Michael Jackson (1958 - 2009): You Do Not Define Him So You Cannot Confine Him!

Thanks

We should allow pictures of them taken when they are attending an event with their consent. What I mean is that when they went to receive the Grammy award on behalf of their father, they were all over the net. We admired them and I'm sure they know (as Michael knew himself) that we loved them since the day they were born. I feel honored to have the opportunity to watch them grow up. So, no to the paps but yes to the official events and photos!
    Their own "family" exposed them before we did, anyway!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,026 Times in 1,439 Posts

No, I don´t think Michael wanted it.
    It´s one thing he allowed them to be out with him without masks and another thing to put pictures of them in his fanforum and discuss them.
    Michael was and is judged by fans and his children should be allowed to be children and not judged.
    "How much did I really know about life on earth? What responsibility did I feel for creatures outside my little space?
    How could I lead my life so that every cell of living matter was also benefited?" Michael Jackson
    "Love no violence ever, remember a beautiful future promise of tomorrow "MJ

http://youtu.be/sPJV7aw0cak
    stop the killing of pets. Save lifes,spay and neuter your pets
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQsgJ...cvloPsmq1YvNRg
    Adopt from an animalshelter

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    I vote no.

I think we need keep our policy of featuring the children only when they make official appearances.

Unlike Willow and Jaden, they have not started a show-business career and therefore their only claim to fame is being Michael Jackson's children.

As much as the rest of the world may not want to draw the line, I think that we as a board that supports Michael should not go down this slippery slope of exposing these children to dissection, analysis and criticism and, in some cases, unhealthy fascination.

A tabloid celebrity culture has done more harm than good to many celebrity children. I do not think we should contribute to that.

Thank you so much for this post. ...

Michael's wishes were clear enough and he's dead now too. He would not be happy to see the kids are getting photographed left and right and commented about and sliced and diced, his worst nightmare and any normal parent's worst nightmare. They're all over the Internet now, private photos of them are posted and leaked. Why should this respected forum add to all that is beyond comprehension. I understand the fascination for the children to a point, but there are other forums out there having no problem posting all the above-mentioned. It's very uncomfortable for some to read words like 'Oh, they're so grown up, they're no longer kids, Paris is turning into a woman..." ... Very very uncomfortable - also knowing just how pedophiles are wondering around God knows where, the thought of them gawking at their photos makes the stomach turn and the blood boil.

Michael's kids are children for now, and they need to live their childhood as normally and safely as possible and this forum should honor that. These are the kids of the most famous human, so safety should reign supreme in their case. Other parents would also be worried to death if their kids are being plastered all over despite their (the parents') normal wishes. Elizabeth Taylor's children have been so protected and taken care of that till this day people have no idea what they look like. Michael wanted the same for his kids at least until they become older to decide for themselves what they wanna do with their lives.

I sincerely hope this won't change on here. .....
    Last edited by Alma; 27-05-2011 at 01:02 PM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast