Should We Allow All Pictures Of MJ3

• Yes

Votes: 47 34.1%
  • No

Votes: 60 43.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 31 22.5%

• Total voters
Should we show and discuss Michael's children.

Should we promote the pap photos that are being taken.

Should we be free to discuss and watch them grow.

Do you think we as a community in honour of Michael should stay loyal to his wishes of privacy.

Do you think its to late now and no matter what we do his children will be subject to the media.

Do you feel you should be able to see them here rather than visit a tabloid website which has crappy articles written about them.

Its over to you.

Vote and discuss.

And Please I ask you all do it with respect and L.O.V.E. otherwise your response will be discounted and removed.

When did they start getting refereed to as "MJ3". Remember their humans not a item of creation from Michael.
In my opinion we should not allow photos of the children as I'm sure Michael would not allow it and that should continue.
Also it prevents them from having normal lives without thousands of fans watching their every move.

No. We should all as fans try to respect mj s whishes as so many people have been to quick to forget what he wanted.

I voted NO.

I believe we as Michael Jackson fans should respect Michael. When you love someone you might not agree with with every thing they say or do but you respect their views.

Many people did not agree with Michael hiding the childrens faces. In this age of celeb culture it was seen as as strange and odd. Why cover their faces, Madonna didnt cover her children, David Beckham dosnt cover his children etc etc.

What many didnt understand was that Michael wanted to give his children something he never had. He wanted them to be able to walk down a street and not be recognized. He knew the consequences of living in the public eye and wanted his children to be protected. When Michael was here it worked. In May 2007, he came to London and was papped at the airport. The media reported that he was travelling without his children. Not true, they just didnt walk with Michael. They walked right past the media and were not recognized.

In the last 23 months Prince, Paris and Blanket have lost that protection. Yes they are growing up and most likely would not have continued to cover their faces. But if the media did not recognize them, they would have been able to go out and about without the PAPS following them everywhere. They would only be Michael Jacksons children if they were with him, otherwise they would have just blended in with the other children.

We need to step back and ask ourselves WHY we feel a need to have these photos? Just cos they are on PAP sites dosnt make it right. Just cos EVERYONE else has these photos dosnt make it right. If Michael was still here, would you want these photos on the forum? So whats changed? Just because Michael is not here does not mean we can do what ever we like. If we really do love Michael, if we really do respect him, then we follow our heart and do what is right, not just what ever one else is doing.

I dont see anything wrong with having their photos here or being able to discuss and watch them grow.
The pics safe here with us .. We love them and are not going to disrepect them. They are not toddlers
any more and they are no longer hidden from the world .. So i dont see why we should not allow them
in here. We dont know what Michael wishes would be at this point. As long as they are respected in
here _ I wouldnt say NO to bringing in any disrepectful tabloid articles about them.

I dont have an issue with pics taken in public been shown ie at events.out on the street cause at the end of day they are out in public. Theres nothing that can be done since the jackson family outed them and id rather the pics be posted here than fans having to go to tabloid sites to see them.i dont like leaked private pics been shown although at the end of the day it doesnt stop many looking myself included

personally i like and hate seeing pics of the kids. Like seeing what they are doing etc.cause its all we have left of mj.but other times i dont like seeing pics as its upsetting.i have no issue talking seeing pics of the kids aslong as its done respectfully which imo it can be done on this site.id rather fans beable to come here and talk and see the latest pics then have to go to other sites which are full of crap.

I think Michael was planning on letting them being out in the open anyway. There were a few occasions in the months before he passed that they were out with him with no masks at all. I'm not sure he would've wanted them to garner the attention they do now, but what can you do? It was bound to happen after such a destructive event as Michael's death. If he was still here, it'd be a completely different story.

I guess another thing that worries me is that fans are transferring their love of Michael to the children, as they are a link to him. Also the fan community has changed, many fans are now peers of the children and dont see anything wrong creating fan sites for them. It used to be a privilege and an honor to know what Michaels children looked like, now their faces are plastered over TMZ. Theses children are not celebs. Yes they have a famous father, but so many other famous people keep their children away from the public eye until the are old enough to choose for themselves.

Are photos of Bono and The Edges children in U2 Fan sites???

Yeah I have to admit, the fansites and blogs dedicated to the children are not appropriate at all. Maybe if Paris decides to become an actress and has a career of her own or whatever, but they're just kids at the moment with fairly normal lives. They're only famous because of their father.

I voted yes. Provided the photographs are non intrusive ie taken without their knowledge and from a long range camera. As long as there are photographs out there folk will be able to see them. Any discussion should of course be kept respectful. I guess this all goes with the territory of being the children of someone who was arguably the most famous man in the world. I also believe that Michael would have been allowing his children to be out and about without masks now they are getting older.

When did they start getting refereed to as "MJ3". Remember their humans not a item of creation from Michael.
In my opinion we should not allow photos of the children as I'm sure Michael would not allow it and that should continue.
Also it prevents them from having normal lives without thousands of fans watching their every move.

Rid the attitude will ya, its a term everyone has been using to ensure privacy across the net, dont forget names are just as important as pictures thank you very much.

I vote no.

I think we need keep our policy of featuring the children only when they make official appearances.

Unlike Willow and Jaden, they have not started a show-business career and therefore their only claim to fame is being Michael Jackson's children.

As much as the rest of the world may not want to draw the line, I think that we as a board that supports Michael should not go down this slippery slope of exposing these children to dissection, analysis and criticism and, in some cases, unhealthy fascination.

A tabloid celebrity culture has done more harm than good to many celebrity children. I do not think we should contribute to that.

We should allow pictures of them taken when they are attending an event with their consent. What I mean is that when they went to receive the Grammy award on behalf of their father, they were all over the net. We admired them and I'm sure they know (as Michael knew himself) that we loved them since the day they were born. I feel honored to have the opportunity to watch them grow up. So, no to the paps but yes to the official events and photos!
Their own "family" exposed them before we did, anyway!

No, I don´t think Michael wanted it.
It´s one thing he allowed them to be out with him without masks and another thing to put pictures of them in his fanforum and discuss them.
Michael was and is judged by fans and his children should be allowed to be children and not judged.

I vote no.

I think we need keep our policy of featuring the children only when they make official appearances.

Unlike Willow and Jaden, they have not started a show-business career and therefore their only claim to fame is being Michael Jackson's children.

As much as the rest of the world may not want to draw the line, I think that we as a board that supports Michael should not go down this slippery slope of exposing these children to dissection, analysis and criticism and, in some cases, unhealthy fascination.

A tabloid celebrity culture has done more harm than good to many celebrity children. I do not think we should contribute to that.

Thank you so much for this post. ...

Michael's wishes were clear enough and he's dead now too. He would not be happy to see the kids are getting photographed left and right and commented about and sliced and diced, his worst nightmare and any normal parent's worst nightmare. They're all over the Internet now, private photos of them are posted and leaked. Why should this respected forum add to all that is beyond comprehension. I understand the fascination for the children to a point, but there are other forums out there having no problem posting all the above-mentioned. It's very uncomfortable for some to read words like 'Oh, they're so grown up, they're no longer kids, Paris is turning into a woman..." ... Very very uncomfortable - also knowing just how pedophiles are wondering around God knows where, the thought of them gawking at their photos makes the stomach turn and the blood boil.

Michael's kids are children for now, and they need to live their childhood as normally and safely as possible and this forum should honor that. These are the kids of the most famous human, so safety should reign supreme in their case. Other parents would also be worried to death if their kids are being plastered all over despite their (the parents') normal wishes. Elizabeth Taylor's children have been so protected and taken care of that till this day people have no idea what they look like. Michael wanted the same for his kids at least until they become older to decide for themselves what they wanna do with their lives.

I sincerely hope this won't change on here. .....

Last edited:
Nearly 18 mos after being unmasked to the world, Paris told Oprah that she did not like the masking but she understood the necessity of it. Michael had very specific purposes for preventing them from being identifiable. Many other stars whom do not mask their children have firstly: never seen the levels of celebrity as Michael has; and secondly: have never experienced such levels of celebrity as children. I believe that if Michael was still with them, he would be doing what he could to convince them that it still isn't time yet to reveal their faces, simply because of what he understood would be the consequences for it, that perhaps they are not ready to encounter. Some argue that this celebrity became their birthright the minute Michael decided to have them and that they need to learn to deal with it, but I think Michael's intentions of guarding them from it went further than just wanting them to be able to walk the streets without him un-noticed. I think he further understood the blisters their hearts and emotions would take from tabloid, and even mainstream media, that was unnecessary before they were emotionally mature enough to handle it well. And how adversely it could affect their development. As we see now, the papz are following them everywhere and even Prince's girlfriend takes verbal, unnecessary beatings from jealous teens on the internet every time a pic of her with Prince turns up somewhere. The selfishness of many MJ3 fansites I am familiar with treat the issue of their birthright celebrity with so much irresponsibility, and disrespect for Michael's wishes, just as if we are watching Michael's life in the tabloids unfold all over again.

Just like any other fan who loves and respects Michael, I want to know that the children are growing up happy and healthy and to see that they are well taken care of. But more than that, I want to know that good decisions are being made on behalf of these children. Decisions that are driven by their need for protection, and not by the value of their celebrity. That they are guarded and protected as Michael would have done it, and consistently did it up to the date of his death. He gave us no indications that he intended for that to change, for a while. I do not understand why that has not been respected by the family.

And in my questioning, I have to recognize that none of Katherine's other children saw the level of celebrity as Michael did ....and only after he was out from under her wing (an adult). Does she really understand the consequences of that level? And are the kids being told that if they want celebrity careers then early exposure is the way to go to be successful?? Did Michael ever have the chance to explain to them, as he said he would, what they should expect if they chose such careers, before letting them go??? Have they been served to the public, as fresh Jackson sirloin, for the benefit of serving the monetary value of the Dynasty??? I know some of my questions sound bitter, and some may take them as disrespectful to the family, but these are honest and sincere questions as we see the consequences occuring in these children's lives for having been exposed like this. I mean no disrespect.

We have to be the "Man in the Mirror" about this issue and understand that if we continue chasing down photos of these children, we exaserbate the very issues that they will face before emotionally prepared to do so. As they get older, the press will only take more freedom in their reporting. And who knows what they are willing to say. The long term consequences to them could be unnecessarily disasterous. Out of love for them, I wish it could all be stopped. Unfortunately, decisions have been made for them already, that now, seem impossible to reverse since July 7, 2009. And for that, I am very sad.

Last edited:
I don't see why we can't see the pics of the kids, I have no problem with that. I voted "Yes" anyways, I mean Prince and Paris are teenagers now. If you guys got a problem with that, it's fine. But I respectfully wanna see pics and talk about the kids as much as I like too.

Yes.

In my opinion, if we don't see recent pictures of Prince, Paris and Blanket here, many of us will visit tabloid sites such as TMZ to see them. That will then give the tabloids more money. Would Michael want that?

I voted no. Official pictures like the Grammy thing as mentioned fine, but I don't think we need to see pics of them every minute. I don't think we should encourage that.

The kids seem happy enough being out in public. In a lot of pictures you see them smiling at the cameras and giving the peace sign (especially Paris), so I really don't think it bothers them at all.

The thing is, we never gave it a second thought viewing paparazzi pics of Michael while he was alive, even though it wasn't necessarily what Michael would have wanted. This included pictures of him with his children wearing the masks. If it was okay to post those pictures back then, then why not the pictures of them now??

I voted no. I feel that we need to stay with the current policy: no pictures unless they make an official, public appearance. To be honest, one thing I strongly dislike about some other MJ sites and boards is the fact that they include photographs and discussions on the children. I feel that the rule we had in place elevated this site above the others because it was in respect to Michael's specific wishes. They do not have careers of their own, and they are still minors. Allowing all these photographs and discussions on them opens them up to unnecessary and invasive comments and remarks.

i have to say the latest pap pics of the kids have unnerved me greatly interms of their protection and the intrusion they face and the fact there seems to be no one around to protect them anymore

The thing is said:
Can I just say that we can all see the kids are adapting to being photographed in their every move. But I see this as just more Joe Jackson philosophy that even bad press is better than no press at all. It worked for Michael up to the point that he became so powerful in his celebrity that it all came back in and very SERIOUSLY bit him in the butt ..... over and over again. It appears that the family chooses not to learn some lessons about this new world we live in, in contrast to the 60s & 70s.

Further, I believe that we only knew Michael was out and about when Michael wanted it seen. Meaning that he was a master of disguise and moved around at times, and in ways, according to when he wanted to be seen, and when not. Like many celebrities, some papz are put on alert by that celebrity's PR people when a celebrity wants to be seen. Word has it that Michael was no different. So the pap pics we all viewed were basically set up by Michael. These children are fully exposed, even coming and going from school each day. Michael never let it be that way for himself, and certainly not for them.

I voted no. I feel that we need to stay with the current policy: no pictures unless they make an official, public appearance. To be honest, one thing I strongly dislike about some other MJ sites and boards is the fact that they include photographs and discussions on the children. I feel that the rule we had in place elevated this site above the others because it was in respect to Michael's specific wishes. They do not have careers of their own, and they are still minors. Allowing all these photographs and discussions on them opens them up to unnecessary and invasive comments and remarks.

Oh so true!

Is it time to consider changing the scope of MJJC? It is " The Official Michael Jackson Fan Club Forum". Will this include his children as extensions of Michael?
Of course we all have affection and interest and concern about the children. But they are not him. Are we at risk of using them to replace Michael?

Posting photos from official functions is very different from posting photos taken by the paparazzi. And I shudder to think of any 'unintrusive' photographer using long range lenses to spy on them. It is too frightening to consider. When Michael was growing up, times were different, people were different. Times were more innocent, at least, they seemed that way. Things are speculated openly now that would have been unthinkable then.

"Should we be free to discuss them and watch them grow?"
Well what will happen the first time one of them does something some of us disagree with? Or if they don't exhibit the brilliance of their marvelous father? Will we be disappointed? Will things be said that shouldn't be? If we allow paparazzi photos and discussions of the children as they mature how are we any better than the medialoids we dispise? We are no better because we will be encouraging them. It feels, in some way, as the ultimate betrayal of Michael.
I think that allowing non official photos and discussions, etc., will eventually open up a Pandora's box.
No, I vote against whole idea.

If there are already fan sites for the children, then it shouldn't be hard to follow them there, if one must.

I vote Yes, they are teenagers now and will be more and more active. So we can not avoid seeing them on the internet anyway. As long as they are positive and respectful , I see nothing wrong of posting them here.

The forum needs more MJ or MJ-related news anyway!

I voted yes. Why not?

I don't think this community is at the risk of looking to his children as new replicas of our beloved Michael. I don't think this community is at the risk of talking "too much" about them. As far as I know, I haven't seen any obsessed PP&B fans on here. And if they do come along, our rules should follow through and remember we are still MJJC and not PPBJC.

I am for professional pictures taken during professional and planned appearances. I am NOT for the random media pictures like TMZ and the like. I respect and adore Prince Paris and Blanket, but just like their father Michael, I didn't care too much for the public shots taken outside restaurants, store windows and sidewalks. I would be all for the rule of allowing professional pictures and videos to be shown and discussed and not the scummier pictures taken at random.

No I don't think MJJC should change their policy regarding discussing Michael's children. I understand that members are interested in what they are up to, I admit to looking online myself from time to time (I don't ever come across photos of them because I don't buy the magazines or newspapers) but with there being fansites to his children out there I don't think we need to join in.Yes it will make members go elsewhere and boost their number of hits but I really don't like the idea of their young lives being up for discussion here.

Public appearances/events they are doing like the grammys when it is obvious they want to be photographed, yes those photos should be allowed here and discussion. Papz photos of them coming out of school, no and no discussion. They are children at the end of the day and should be able to go through school life without everyone judging their every move.

Back