Long hair cut short

4u_n_4me

Proud Member
Alright,

I am male and have long hair which I been growing for the past 4 years. I have been contemplating a nice/sexy/trendy haircut for quite sometime now as I feel I must change or re-invent myself if you will. I shall post a pic of my hair soon enough.

But I would like to ask if any of you have ever gotten your long hair shorn off? If so, did you like your short doo? Did anyone say you looked better with short hair or vice versa? And did you miss your long hair?

In the meantime, here is something....uhh....viewer discretion is advised!

:bugeyed :bugeyed :bugeyed :bugeyed

Yeah, back when I was 16, I used to have my hair really short. I also used to wear contacts, but it turns out my eyes are too dry for them, or something:

3400271356_3e3d9f3c30.jpg

Now, I have it considerably longer:

new_glasses_by_iheartmichaeljackson-d3huig6.jpg

I cut it short for much the same reason as you. I wanted bangs in the front, like:
utmo5.png

Well, that looked horrible on me, so I had no choice but to sweep them to the side, which made me look like Hitler. Anyway, I obviously don't have short hair anymore. Why? Too much maintenance. I needed to straighten it every day (my natural hair texture in pic. 002) and that ended up being too much work for me. So, now I have it longer, and I don't do anything to it at all, except normal shampoo/conditioner. It took me three years to grow my hair back to this length, btw, so think it over well.

Well thankx for your input. So here are two pix of how I currently have my hair.

20110602222136.jpg

20110602222448.jpg

I wanna get something kinda like these:

Trendy%25252Bmen%25252Bhairstyle%25252Bwith%25252Bcool%25252Bspiky%25252Bbang%25252Bimage.jpg

spiky-hairstyle-for-men103.jpg

I kept my hair long and still growing, I never had it trimmed for 6 years and haven't had it cut for I don't know 8 years and I'm not planning on getting my hair to be cut again. Besides my short haired days are done. My long hair is for my mature look.

I kept my hair long and still growing, I never had it trimmed for 6 years and haven't had it cut for I don't know 8 years and I'm not planning on getting my hair to be cut again. Besides my short haired days are done. My long hair is for my mature look.
Woah yeah me too! :D I feel short hair makes me like a fool so I decided to have a long hair, and now it's one year ago for my hair, it's long enough to touch my shoulder already, but I really want it to touch my back :D

Woah yeah me too! :D I feel short hair makes me like a fool so I decided to have a long hair, and now it's one year ago for my hair, it's long enough to touch my shoulder already, but I really want it to touch my back :D

Yeah mine too, I looked ugly with a buzz cut. I wanna keep my hair grown until I die. My dad has long hair too, I'm not sure if mine are longer than his or not, we mabye even. I gotta find out soon.

Yeah mine too, I looked ugly with a buzz cut. I wanna keep my hair grown until I die. My dad has long hair too, I'm not sure if mine are longer than his or not, we mabye even. I gotta find out soon.

Yeah i agree with u :lol:

I am getting my long hair cut short this month too. Right now it's the longest I've ever had (about 20 cm below my shoulders) and I'm going to have it cut so my hair just touches my shoulders :) I would really like to have long hair but my hair is just too thin for it, with a bit of wind it's all messed up. I generally don't like long hair on men (except for Michael, he looked great with it) because it often looks a bit too feminine for me and (contrarily) in combination with a beard it looks a bit 'caveman-like' imo, no offense. Only few men can pull it off and Michael was one of them.

I am getting my long hair cut short this month too. Right now it's the longest I've ever had (about 20 cm below my shoulders) and I'm going to have it cut so my hair just touches my shoulders :) I would really like to have long hair but my hair is just too thin for it, with a bit of wind it's all messed up. I generally don't like long hair on men (except for Michael, he looked great with it) because it often looks a bit too feminine for me and (contrarily) in combination with a beard it looks a bit 'caveman-like' imo, no offense. Only few men can pull it off and Michael was one of them.

haha yeah me too :D everytime I walk down on streets, just a small wind blows then my hair covered my face and messed up :lol:

And woah just because my girl left me last year (from 16th January to 11th August 2010), i feel broke down and then sad... so i decided to have a long hair to forget the Love i had it before.... I just lost my love again in this June... now I'm trying to recover myself and forget it.. but it seems to be stuck in my head.. hard to get rid of it, right? :(

^ hey :)
Which is your home country? I think we've already talked about this, but I forgot... lol

(sorry for offtopic)

^ Oh, Vietnam.. That's right. Now I remember :)

This makes me sad. I wish more guys would grow their hair out. I had short hair all my life and now am growing it out. I want it to my shoulders. I realized I look like a dork with short hair. The longer it gets the better I look. imo

This makes me sad. I wish more guys would grow their hair out. I had short hair all my life and now am growing it out. I want it to my shoulders. I realized I look like a dork with short hair. The longer it gets the better I look. imo
Yeah I agree with you dude, I love to have a long hair :D

I never got a chance to tell this, but last year my dad believed that my hair is longer than his now, maybe about a few inches longer.

I do love Men with long hair too :blush:

Well, I went for short 5 mm military haircut to ponytail long hair now. It took me ages to 'grow' it like this but I love my hairstyle again.

I had it 5 mm cause it was easy but damn cold too :lol:

Long hair is much much warmer for your brain ;) I think it suits me better :blush:

I Really like a long hair just like Jimmy page on the 1973 - 1975, i have a long hair since 2 years ago :D

And I do not have lice, I am very hygienic lol

And I do not have lice, I am very hygienic lol

having lice doesn't necessarily have anything to do with hygiene. the comment was unnecessary, anyway, i don't think anyone here thinks you have lice, or even care if you do or don't

Back