Lloyd's refuse to pay insurance policy for This is It/ MJ Estate fights back/ Update: Case Settled

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivy

Proud Member
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The insurer of Michael Jackson's canceled comeback concerts has asked a judge to nullify a policy intended to protect concert promoters if the singer wasn't able to complete the shows.

Lloyd's of London sued AEG Live and Jackson's company on Monday, claiming the concert promoter has failed to provide necessary medical information and details about the physician charged with the singer's death.

Lloyd's issued a non-appearance and concert cancellation policy in April 2009 — roughly two months before the pop superstar died. It was issued under an alias, "Mark Jones" and was supposed to cover up to $17.5 million in liability, according to the lawsuit.

The promoter should have informed Lloyd's what it knew about the singer's medical history, "including but not limited to, his apparent prescription drug use and/or drug addiction," the suit states.

Within days of the singer's death, an attorney for AEG submitted a claim with Jackson's death certificate, the suit claims.
The insurer states a medical exam of Jackson required by the policy was never conducted, and that they should not have to pay out for the canceled shows scheduled for London's O2 arena.

An email message seeking comment from AEG spokesman Michael Roth was not immediately returned.

Lloyd's lawsuit claims it has been seeking certain information from AEG about Jackson and his personal physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, since December 2009.

Murray is scheduled to go on trial later this year for involuntary manslaughter in connection with Jackson's death. Authorities claim he administered a lethal dose of the anesthetic propofol to Jackson in the bedroom of his rented mansion, although Murray has pleaded not guilty and his attorneys have said he did not give the singer anything that should have killed him.

The cost of canceling the London shows was one of the major debts facing Jackson's estate after his death.

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/entertainm...y-for-Jackson-shows-1412156.php#ixzz1OXe3Nlgo

Lloyd's of London has gone to court ... asking a judge to let the company off the financial hook, claiming it doesn't owe the Michael Jackson Estate $17.5 million on grounds MJ was a fraud.

The company issued the muilti-million dollar policy to cover the doomed "This Is It" tour for losses.

But Lloyd's claims it doesn't have to honor the policy for 2 primary reasons:

1. Michael Jackson and AEG allegedly lied about Michael's medical history -- specifically, MJ said he had not seen a doctor other than a cosmetic MD since June, 2005.

2. Michael did not disclose he was taking prescription drugs prior to and at the time of his death -- including Propofol.

Lloyd's is asking the court for a declaration that the policy is null and void as a result of the alleged fraud.

Howard Weitzman, the lawyer for the Estate, tells TMZ, "This legal action is nothing more than an insurance company trying to avoid paying a legitimate claim by the insured."

http://www.tmz.com/2011/06/06/michael-jackson-estate-sued-for-lloyds-of-london-concerts-lawsuit/

-------------------------

Lloyd's of London is suing the Michael Jackson Company and AEG over an insurance policy that was taken out for Michael Jackson's performances in London, which never happened due to the superstar’s sudden death.

LLoyd's accuses AEG, the concert promoter, of withholding witness statements, and "other information necessary to determine AEG's entitlement to coverage under the policy," according to the lawsuit.

The insurance policy that was taken out on behalf of the former King of Pop for $17.5 million dollars, which Lloyd's doesn't think it should have to pay because it was never revealed to them that Jackson was taking prescription drugs and Propofol.

Lloyd's contends it shouldn't have to pay the insurance policy because: "AEG and/or Jackson, knew but did not disclose that Jackson was taking prescription drugs and/or drugs prior to and at the time of his death, including Propofol," the court docs state.

The insurance company asserts that they have the right to rescind the policy because of Jackson's alleged drug use.

Lloyds wants the judge to issue an order declaring the insurance policy canceled and that AEG and the Michael

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...ancelled-concerts-lloyds-london-aeg-documents

Insurer Seeks to Void Policy for Jackson Shows (Says Michael Never Had the Required Medical Exam)

Insurer seeks to void policy for Jackson shows

AP Entertainment Writer /Published Monday,

Jun. 06, 2011

LOS ANGELES --

The insurer of Michael Jackson's canceled comeback concerts has asked a judge to nullify a policy intended to protect concert promoters if the singer wasn't able to complete the shows.

Lloyd's of London sued AEG Live and Jackson's company on Monday, claiming the concert promoter has failed to provide necessary medical information and details about the physician charged with the singer's death.

Lloyd's issued a non-appearance and concert cancellation policy in April 2009 - roughly two months before the pop superstar died. It was issued under an alias, "Mark Jones" and was supposed to cover up to $17.5 million in liability, according to the lawsuit.

The promoter should have informed Lloyd's what it knew about the singer's medical history, "including but not limited to, his apparent prescription drug use and/or drug addiction," the suit states.

Within days of the singer's death, an attorney for AEG submitted a claim with Jackson's death certificate, the suit claims.

The insurer states a medical exam of Jackson required by the policy was never conducted, and that they should not have to pay out for the canceled shows scheduled for London's O2 arena.

An email message seeking comment from AEG spokesman Michael Roth was not immediately returned.
Lloyd's lawsuit claims it has been seeking certain information from AEG about Jackson and his personal physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, since December 2009.
Murray is scheduled to go on trial later this year for involuntary manslaughter in connection with Jackson's death. Authorities claim he administered a lethal dose of the anesthetic propofol to Jackson in the bedroom of his rented mansion, although Murray has pleaded not guilty and his attorneys have said he did not give the singer anything that should have killed him.

The cost of canceling the London shows was one of the major debts facing Jackson's estate after his death.

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/06/06/3681380/insurer-seeks-to-void-policy-for.html

The company issued the muilti-million dollar policy to cover the doomed "This Is It" tour for losses.

1. Michael Jackson and AEG allegedly lied about Michael's medical history -- specifically, MJ said he had not seen a doctor other than a cosmetic MD since June, 2005.

2. Michael did not disclose he was taking prescription drugs prior to and at the time of his death -- including Propofol.

Lloyd's is asking the court for a declaration that the policy is null and void as a result of the alleged fraud.

Howard Weitzman, the lawyer for the Estate, tells TMZ, "This legal action is nothing more than an insurance company trying to avoid paying a legitimate claim by the insured."

http://www.tmz.com/2011/06/06/michael-jackson-estate-sued-for-lloyds-of-london-concerts-lawsuit/

Last edited:
Re: Insurer Seeks to Void Policy for Jackson Shows (Says Michael Never Had the Required Medical Exam

Something smells

Re: Lloyd's of London refuse to pay insurance policy for This is It , goes to court to invalidate po

Whats sueing over not having details about murray got to do with it.

Re: Lloyd's of London refuse to pay insurance policy for This is It , goes to court to invalidate po

They don't want to pay. You gave him an insurance policy without knowing his medical history? And once again what drug addiction? Oh yeah thank you Jackson family

Yea, I know.
I personally believe Michael Jackson death was not an accident.

I presume the claim is over only having that first physical cause there was supp to be another in london so cause that wasnt done they want it voiding. Like u say how can u give a policy based on no physical at all. Makes lloyds look stupid

They agreed to cover him BEFORE the proper tests... Well, time to pay up.

Though I don't give an ish about AEG. Why is the estate getting dragged into that nonsense? AEG bought the policy not MJ... lol at them using media lies to avoid paying.

I hope they crossed all the "ts" and dotted all the "is"...because they need to prove he was addicted to drugs

Last edited:

Yeah i presume the 17 mill is for AEG. So if thats the case i wont cry if they dont get the money. And if lloyds were stupid enough to give a policy without all the tests thats their look out unless theres a clause

Last edited:

Document are here http://www.radaronline.com/sites/radaronline.com/files/MJ-Lloyds.pdf

This is the summary

- The insurance was to cover accident, illness and death.
- Lloyd's state that the policy required a medical exam in London as well as the insurer's underwriters to attend a rehearsal.
- Lloyd's claims as these didn't happen, the only thing covered by the insurance is accident and that Michael's death wasn't an accident.
- Lloyd's state that the insurance policy doesn't cover pre-existing conditions, lack of care, drugs and misrepresentation.
- They argue that the form has misrepresentation as none of the prescription drugs MJ was taking was listed and it said MJ only saw a dermatologist since 2005.
- Lloyd's claim that MJ's medical history and "apparent prescription drug use and/or drug addiction" wasn't told to the underwriters.
- Lloyd's claim that AEG didn't send them the information they requested to evaluate the claim.
- LLoyd's also claim that AEG showed copies of the insurance policy to media such as Los Angeles Times.

so is Lloyd's saying they agreed to insure MJ without having any physical examination or knowledge about his health?

Yeah i presume the 17 mill is for AEG. So if thats the case i wont cry if they dont get the money. And if lloyds were stupid enough to give a policy without all the tests thats their look out unless theres a clause

It might not be for AEG or at least not completely.

On their second claim for relief Lloyd's say that they have learned that the rights of the insurance policy were assigned to Michael Jackson Estate but this is not allowed at the policy.

But "Michael Jackson Company LLC" is owned by Michael Jackson Estate.

So it seems like that the Estate is involved and to be receiving money from the insurance policy.

And the day MJ died, Murray was talking to the insurer telling them MJ was fine and healthy, so they will lose. They need to sue Murray for lying to them. If MJ was fine and healthy Murray wouldn't need to be knocking him out with propofol

Thanks Ivy. Clearly they are trying to get out of paying. To say a doctor did not see him in London? He died stupid asses dammit

so is Lloyd's saying they agreed to insure MJ without having any physical examination or knowledge about his health?

not quite.

There was middle man involved - two underwriters. They asked information about his health - which they claim wasn't telling everything honestly. They say that issued an insurance only covering "accident" until they can attend a rehearsal and make Michael go through a medical test. Then it would include "illness" and "death".

of course this is what lloyd's claims.

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/entertainm...y-for-Jackson-shows-1412156.php#ixzz1OXe3Nlgo

Lloyd's of London has gone to court ... asking a judge to let the company off the financial hook, claiming it doesn't owe the Michael Jackson Estate $17.5 million on grounds MJ was a fraud.

:doh:

Document are here http://www.radaronline.com/sites/radaronline.com/files/MJ-Lloyds.pdf

This is the summary

- The insurance was to cover accident, illness and death.
- Lloyd's state that the policy required a medical exam in London as well as the insurer's underwriters to attend a rehearsal.
- Lloyd's claims as these didn't happen, the only thing covered by the insurance is accident and that Michael's death wasn't an accident.
- Lloyd's state that the insurance policy doesn't cover pre-existing conditions, lack of care, drugs and misrepresentation.
- They argue that the form has misrepresentation as none of the prescription drugs MJ was taking was listed and it said MJ only saw a dermatologist since 2005.
- Lloyd's claim that MJ's medical history and "apparent prescription drug use and/or drug addiction" wasn't told to the underwriters.
- Lloyd's claim that AEG didn't send them the information they requested to evaluate the claim.
- LLoyd's also claim that AEG showed copies of the insurance policy to media such as Los Angeles Times.

Thanks!

So did they ever do the first physical or not?

They are talking about a second one he was supposed to get in London

It might not be for AEG or at least not completely.

On their second claim for relief Lloyd's say that they have learned that the rights of the insurance policy were assigned to Michael Jackson Estate but this is not allowed at the policy.

But "Michael Jackson Company LLC" is owned by Michael Jackson Estate.

So it seems like that the Estate is involved and to be receiving money from the insurance policy.

Ivy, could it be because the estate had to reimburse all $$ disbursed for the rehearsals back to AEG, they might have asked AEG to transfer that insurance to the estate. I am assuming if AEG got all their money back, they should not be receiving the insurance money on top of the 40 mil + they got from the estate. They should have no claim to any money.

Re: Insurer Seeks to Void Policy for Jackson Shows (Says Michael Never Had the Required Medical Exam

The part I don't like is the within days part the death certificate was submitted. I am sure its procedure but it sticks out to me.

Of course Michael's death wasn't an accident. Just look at the evidence! Analyze and you will see.

Too many things that the LAPD isn't even looking into. I DO believe that the prosecution is IGNORING bits of important circumstantial evidence in this case.

This makes me so angry.

Last edited:
Of course Michael's death wasn't an accident. Just look at the evidence! Analyze and you will see.

Too many things that the LAPD isn't even looking into. I DO believe that the prosecution is IGNORING bits of important circumstantial evidence in this case.

This makes me so angry.
Very true that stood out for me too. I want everything to come out and believe it will.

I always had a presentiment that medical examination did not exist. :doh:

Something smells

Yes.... :(

:agree:

I always had a presentiment that medical examination did not exist. :doh:

They are probably referring to the second examination that was supposed to have taken place, I believe in London. I don't think Lloyd's would have issued the policy in April without some sort of medical documentation in the first place. There was supposed to have been two.

As for the other claims, it would have to depend upon Michael's true answer about having seen a doctor (I didn't read the papers yet) and taking prescription drugs. I am sure a huge part of this is as the Estate says in not wanting to pay out. One thing is that AEG and the Estate will have incentive to fight like H*ll to prove that Michael was not this drug addict that some are claiming. I'm not too sure that some of this isn't truly based on media reports of what Michael's condition was supposed to have been versus truly fault on Michael's or AEG's part. Also, if Murray came on board after the policy was issued, I'm not sure that would be a problem also. It will be interesting to see the reply to the claim.

As usual everything with Michael has to involve difficulties. Here we have Lloyd trying to get out of paying up all these millions. If Michael's death was not accidental, as they claimed, are they suggesting that he was murdered or committed suicide?

Nothing is ever easy when it comes to MJ. I'm not a fan of insurance companies anyway, they always do whatever they can to get out of paying up.

As usual everything with Michael has to involve difficulties. Here we have Lloyd trying to get out of paying up all these millions. If Michael's death was not accidental, as they claimed, are they suggesting that he was murdered or committed suicide?

it was classed as homicide i guess thats what they are saying.

Well in one sense this should be easy tp prove or disorove presuming its documentered that mj would only be covered for accident until a full exam/info was given.of course its never that easy as most of the time its presumptions.frankly i dont care about the money.its pocket change.what matters to me is how this is gonna be twisted yo nake mj look like a junkie and how the defence may use it

ill be intrested to read AEG responce and to see and try and work out what actually went on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back