Bravado sues Julian Rouas (Joe's partner)for MJ Perfumes / Update: Settlement Reached

ivy

Proud Member
A company that owns the rights to license all things Michael Jackson is going after MJ's dad, Joe -- indirectly -- claiming he's involved in a business deal that shamelessly exploits his dead son.

TMZ broke the story ... Joe Jackson was pushing the new "Jackson" scent line at the Cannes Film Festival last month on behalf of a company called Julian Rouas Paris. But according to a new lawsuit, J.R.P. never obtained permission to use Michael's name and image in connection with the product.

Now, Bravado International is asking a federal court in Los Angeles to force Julian Rouas Paris to immediately strip anything MJ-related from their smelly product line ASAP.

Bravado is also seeking $750 for each time MJ's name and likeness were used on a product PLUS three times the amount of profits they've made on the scents PLUS more than $150k in damages.

A rep for Bravado tells TMZ, "Michael Jackson's talent made his name one of the most valuable in the history of entertainment, and no person acting on behalf of the estate gave Mr. Rouas oral or written consent to exploit it."

http://www.tmz.com/2011/06/09/micha...uit-bravado-international-julian-rouas-paris/

Re: Bravado International sues Julian Rouas Paris (Joe Jackson's partners) in regards to MJ Perfumes

Was counting down the days in my head until this happened. :lol:

Re: Bravado International sues Julian Rouas Paris (Joe Jackson's partners) in regards to MJ Perfumes

LOL! Not surprise at all.

I "think" that Joe Jackson is pulling a fast one, with "some" of these business partners. I can certainly see him saying that he has "access" to certain things related to Michael and he is free to use them.

I remember when the Gary project was first announced, there was a bunch of back-and-forth with Joe and Katherine telling the Gary officials that they had access to Michael's likeness and the Gary officials believed them.

I believe Joe has learned a little lesson from the Gary fiasco and is now TRYING to do things differently, i.e. The Perfume Bottles just say "Jackson," but at the same time he and the folks involved with this perfume are still trying to use Michael's likeness to garner attention to this Jackson STINK WATER.

I'm VERY happy to see Bravado stepping in and making sure Michael's likeness is not being abused by his father and the money-grubbers he has surrounded himself with.

They gonna be mad. LOL! Isn't their party in Vegas tonight?

Sigh. This is getting a bit tiring. Some members of the Jackson family need to recognise and ACCEPT that Michael's image is not for them to use willy nilly.

As happy about this as I am, how excactly is Joe using Michael's likeness?

Was always going to happen, just a matter of time.

As happy about this as I am, how excactly is Joe using Michael's likeness?

I think the problem is with the logo. see anything familiar. towards the top.

5u3hy.jpg

I'l also pretty sure that "neverland" is trademarked

o6i29x.jpg

I think the problem is with the logo. see anything familiar. towards the top.

5u3hy.jpg

ivy, you got some GOOD EYES.

I definitely would have missed "towards the top." That was like finding Waldo. LOL!

They think they're slick, but not so fast says Bravado. Good for them! Bravo for Bravado.

Ha ha. First time ive laughed in ages.but reading the headline did the trick

Oh, I see now. Thanks Ivy.

How could Joe be this stupid? Most of us didn't notice and if he didn't do it he could have avoided legal action and exploit his dead son at the same time!

Thats going to put a dampener on tonights launch party in Vegas...would that be coincidental timing, Bravado?

(The Vegas launch is called 'A night to remember'...I guess it will be!

Last edited:

Joe, Joe, Joe... when will you learn! I think it all boils down to the fact that the family, and especially Joe always have and always will ride on Michael's cloud as often as they can, whenever they can and for as much money as they can.

It's all just so sad!

Sigh. This is getting a bit tiring. Some members of the Jackson family need to recognise and ACCEPT that Michael's image is not for them to use willy nilly.

Personally, I agree. I am not surprised that Bravado filed this lawsuit. I knew this was going to happen sooner or later.

I knew this would happen eventually, good luck with this one Joe...

ivy, you got some GOOD EYES.

I definitely would have missed "towards the top." That was like finding Waldo. LOL!

They think they're slick, but not so fast says Bravado. Good for them! Bravo for Bravado.

We all started to look to any event like "okay is there a lawsuit here?". The names was okay , I thought that the "neverland" part could be problematic. I went to the website to take a screenshot to show the pictures of Michael and Neverland and at the top of the logo I saw the image of Michael.

How could Joe be this stupid? Most of us didn't notice and if he didn't do it he could have avoided legal action and exploit his dead son at the same time!

I don't think he's stupid. I think he feels that he's entitled because it's his son.

Thats going to put a dampener on tonights launch party in Vegas...would that be coincidental timing, Bravado?

hmm could be. I mean the launch was a month ago , they might have needed time to get ready for the lawsuit. On the other hand Howard Mann said that he was served cease and desist a day before one of his events and was served a subpoena during the event so it might be intentional as well. :)

Too much fun

We all started to look to any event like "okay is there a lawsuit here?". The names was okay , I thought that the "neverland" part could be problematic. I went to the website to take a screenshot to show the pictures of Michael and Neverland and at the top of the logo I saw the image of Michael.

hmm could be. I mean the launch was a month ago , they might have needed time to get ready for the lawsuit. On the other hand Howard Mann said that he was served cease and desist a day before one of his events and was served a subpoena during the event so it might be intentional as well. :)

Thank you Ivy...and great detective work on the logo too! I'm betting the timing IS is intentional, especially after the Howard Mann subpoena timing that you mention. :bugeyed

So that's a $150 K cost upfront, plus the cost of changing the packaging, plus the court costs if they defend this, ..I can't see they've any profits as yet as they have no distributors and the website isn't taking orders yet....but I guess the potential costs are all racking up.

I wonder if the $750 is per 'pack' or per 'pack design' it seems too much for the former and too little for the latter.

It will be interesting to watch their website and see if they take the MJ pictures off it...I guess these are all worldwide embargoes and they are not 'safe' doing any of this in Europe? I noticed that the 'Neverland' perfume (Jackson Legacy) was planned for a 'Europe -only' launch, I think.

PS The advert for the 9th June Vegas event is top left on their facebook page:(which seems to be written entirely by an advertising copywriter...including the product comments.) ... oops Where did that non-smiley come from? LOL They can't even spell their own name properly...Julain Rouas is hosting with Joe. and I see that 'MJ Community' is referenced under March 2011..the latest press. Good job there isn't a link to the MJJCtty thread......

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pure-French-Fragrance-Julian-Rouas-Paris/169954563040556

Completely unrelated aside: I've ony just realised you can play the 'google' search engine guitar! I wondered what that odd design was for!

Last edited:

J.R.P. never obtained permission to use Michael's name and image in connection with the product.

Now, Bravado International is asking a federal court in Los Angeles to force Julian Rouas Paris to immediately strip anything MJ-related from their smelly product line ASAP.

Bravado is also seeking $750 for each time MJ's name and likeness were used on a product PLUS three times the amount of profits they've made on the scents PLUS more than $150k in damages.

A rep for Bravado tells TMZ, "Michael Jackson's talent made his name one of the most valuable in the history of entertainment, and no person acting on behalf of the estate gave Mr. Rouas oral or written consent to exploit it."

http://www.tmz.com/2011/06/09/micha...uit-bravado-international-julian-rouas-paris/

:lol:

I knew it! Well done Joe!

I am not surprised. I find it embarassing. When your son dies you don't think of different products to create using that son's image and likeness. They don't own Michael.

Was tonight the event where people could buy 'vip tickets' for the pool party??? :bugeyed:bugeyed

I wished they would just stop. Just stop it.

nah that was a month ago? in Cannes.

Tonight is the Las Vegas launch party @ Pure Night Club Caesars Palace

Not surprised at all either; I'm glad is finally happening! :clapping:

Joe, Joe, Joe.....just can't help yourself can you? Surely this lawsuit won't be a surprise to them as it certainly is'nt to any MJ fan out there, as we all called this from the get go!

You see Joe getting involved in all these money making schemes and its all because he feels entitled to ALL THINGS MICHAEL JACKSON period! So common sense will never prevail with him.

Last edited:

How is Joe planning on defending this lawsuit since his attorney, dumb dumb Oxman, has been disbarred?

Completely unrelated aside: I've ony just realised you can play the 'google' search engine guitar! I wondered what that odd design was for!

It said To celebrate Les Paul's 96th birthday!

:(
It said To celebrate Les Paul's 96th birthday!

Thank you.
I hadn't realized this was an anniversary of someone else we lost in 2009.....

I see someone has recorded 'Human Nature' on it, which is not completely off topic.......speaking of making a profit off one's son. (Why, why, Joe?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29PwfRqAgsE

Last edited:
TOdos os outros, desconhecidos, podem lucrar com o nome de Michael,
não sua familia

This is what happen when u seek $$$$$$$ over Justice!

lol lol
What a joke.
All these people looked so ugly.
Poor MJ. You are truly are cash cow even in death.

Joe, Joe, Joe.....just can't help yourself can you? Surely this lawsuit won't be a surprise to them as it certainly is'nt to any MJ fan out there, as we all called this from the get go!

You see Joe getting involved in all these money making schemes and its all because he feels entitled to ALL THINGS MICHAEL JACKSON period! So common sense will never prevail with him.

I am certain Michael was very aware of this sense of entitlement. I think Michael's will tells us exactly how he felt about that entitlement issue. You can't use me anymore...

Personally I don't think I have ever seen such a scheming family.

Back