The biggest challenge of my life June 25th [London To Paris Bike Ride]

thrillerchild

Proud Member
banner2gl.png

Hi everyone.

I would like to take a moment of your time to inform you of a bike ride I am taking part in next year. It is the London to Paris Bike Ride starting on Wednesday 22 June in London and finishes in Paris on Saturday 25 June. We stay overnight in Paris then head back to London the following evening. I was originally intending on going for the 1-5 June dates but I left it too late so had to go for the next ride dates. It wasn't until after looking at the itinerary that I realised that the ride would actually finish on 25th June rather than the 26th :sad: So it's gonna be extra hard to finish the ride that day :mello:

So I am asking if anyone would be able to donate toward this ride? I will be raising money for Make-A-Wish Foundation UK and have a target of £1,350 which I need to raise and submitted to the charity by Tuesday 12th April :mello: But obviously I'd like to SMASH!!! this target ;)

Here is the link www.justgiving.com/sbsLondon-to-Paris-Bike-Ride

Here's the link for Make-A-Wish Foundation UK http://www.make-a-wish.org.uk/

Here's a link to the event page http://www.londonparisbikeride.co.uk/

If you are able to forward this onto family and friends I would be most grateful :)

p.s. I would be more than willing to attend the French fans gathering if I'd be welcome :p I wouldn't be able to cope with the evening on my own :(

Re: London to Paris Bike Ride 22 June - 25 June 2011

Stephen I would love to donate, but I am broke as of now :( But I am happy I have until April to donate. I will put you on my list this year for my Income tax returns and will at least give a little something.

I think it is supper what you are doing. I hope you feel better soon and I am sending big hugs for you.

Take care!

good idea:):)

Thank you for the love guys :) I've finally got back onto my bike! :D Now I need to train like hell! :mello: Got a route (pretty hilly in parts) mapped out and I'll try it out in the new year.

As I told you, I think it's an amazing gesture. Finally someone that is doing a bit more than talking about making a change. Thank you for making that world a little less selfish.
Big hugs to you my friend. :)

Just a quick update. I've so far reached £228.50 in donations so far but that's still a long way of my target of £1,350. Thank you to all who have donated so far :)

wow !:clapping: I will be able to donate in few days !
Bravo ! it's really impressive ! I wish I would welcome you in Paris :yes:

Hi Stephen, I will donate for you on this. I just booked my flight to LA in June, so I'll need to wait a couple weeks. :yes::better:

Don't worry Kim you donate when you can :)

AllForLove;3196212 said:
wow !:clapping: I will be able to donate in few days !
Bravo ! it's really impressive ! I wish I would welcome you in Paris :yes:

Where in France are you?

Fundraising update: I've now reached £363.50!! :D Thank you to those who have donated already! :clapping:

Hi ! I'm living not very far from Paris, about 45km - and I'm working in Paris :yes:
that's why I told it will be great if I could welcome you there, I don't know yet :scratch:, I'm working on saturday :( - I suppose you don't have any idea when you'll reach the Tour Eiffel ?

I'm rooting for you. You are wonderful for doing this. God Bless you. :flowers:

Hi ! I'm living not very far from Paris, about 45km - and I'm working in Paris :yes:
that's why I told it will be great if I could welcome you there, I don't know yet :scratch:, I'm working on saturday :( - I suppose you don't have any idea when you'll reach the Tour Eiffel ?

Haha...erm...I have no idea. The last days riding into Paris from Beauvais is about 95km (which is the longest I've cycled in any ride to date). By the start of this last day I would've already cycled 385km (give or take) so my energy would be lower than normal which means a slightly slower ride.

But yes if possible it would be great to have someone I know on the finish line :D As a mark of respect to Michael during the last few kilometers of the ride into Paris I will take off my left cycling glove and keep my right hand one on *sigh*

c71f5933.jpg

Finally started my work commuting started again!! :D Will be getting some serious miles done now :)

Oh you will start your bike ride in France in Beauvais ? - it's a very long road :bugeyed !- My home is just in the middle between Beauvais and Paris :D !! It would be nice to welcome you in Paris - I'm going to see how I can manage it -

We actually arrive in Calais the first day (Wednesday 22nd) after cycling from south London then on Thurs 23rd we go from Calais to Abbeville. Friday 24th is Abbeville to Beauvais. Then finally on Sat 25th is Beauvais to Paris :p

Arrival time in Paris will be tough but I don't know where exactly the finish line is :mello: But time wise I'd imagine (going by my average time for 95km is around 7hrs) any time between 2-4pm. That's a VERY rough guess though :p I hope I can attend a fan event in the evening though :(

I'm tellin' ya.. you give me inspiration.. I ain't lying. I only wish I was able to do what you're doing!

:wub:

I finally got my first bigger ride done today!! :D I cycled from my house to Kingston Upon Thames in South West Lindon/ Surrey border :) It's a 14 mile route :)

72dd1644.jpg

Haha...erm...I have no idea. The last days riding into Paris from Beauvais is about 95km (which is the longest I've cycled in any ride to date). By the start of this last day I would've already cycled 385km (give or take) so my energy would be lower than normal which means a slightly slower ride.

But yes if possible it would be great to have someone I know on the finish line :D As a mark of respect to Michael during the last few kilometers of the ride into Paris I will take off my left cycling glove and keep my right hand one on *sigh*

Stephen, what a beautiful way to respect Michael by taking off your left glove. Perhaps you can somehow make your riding gloves a bit more shiny and sparkling...:D :sun:

Haha :D I'll see what can be done ;)

Go! Go! Go!

I am so proud of you, thrillerchild!

Update: I've now passed the £700 barrier but I still need at least £650 in the next 4 weeks! Please help me if you can.

L.O.V.E.

*bump*

I'm now almost past the £800 mark but I need a more to hit the target set by Make-A-Wish Foundation UK. If anyone is able to donate I would be most grateful! :)

L.O.V.E.

banner2gl.png

I am delighted to say that I have managed to meet the minimum fundraising target set by Make-A-Wish Foundation UK, which was £1,350.00, on the last day of their 10 week prior to departure deadline! With this type of event the charity contribute to my overall tour cost for the 5 days in June. My grand total now stands at £1,383.00 which is a phenomenal amount but I would now like to have your help in reaching the next milestone of £1,500. If you are yet to donate may I please ask you to visit the link below to my fundraising page. The page will be staying open until the beginning of July.

Once again a massive thank you to everyone who's donated so far :)

My fundraising page -
http://www.justgiving.com/sbsLondon-to-Paris-Bike-Ride

Charity's website - http://www.make-a-wish.org.uk/

:wub:

Back