The Vodafone Music site Michael Jackson biography

bobmoo79

Proud Member
I just checked the Michael Jackson page on Vodafone's music download service on my Android Smartphone and found the following brief bio:

http://music.vodafone360.com/gb/en/browse/artist/9196577/Michael+Jackson?key=michael+jackson

"Calling himself the King of Pop, Michael Jackson might have been right if it weren't at a time when he wasn't anymore. He was a child superstar with his brothers in The Jackson 5 and started his own career With "Off The Wall". "Thriller", the best selling record of all time from '82, followed. Famed for his many eccentricities, Jackson was a master of pop, dance, and urban alike, as well as inventing the moonwalk. A series of scandals and less creative records almost destroyed Jackson's achievements."

There are a few accurate statements in there but it's just badly written IMO.
I'm surprised that a company like Vodafone would start with the opening statement. It seems a bit too personal. Written by somebody who clearly doesn't like the artist.

How can we get it changed?

"Calling himself the King of Pop", no, sorry, that's the first misfact.
"Inventing the moonwalk", though positive, it's also inaccurate:doh:
"Less creative records", what records would those be? :thinking:

I suppose we could try contacting them...

That is just...ugh. I'm with you, we need to get that changed.

I hate just one thing. Michael didn't call himslef ''The King Of Pop''. Elizabeth and fans started it. I just hate how they make it to sound so arrogant when Michael didn't even do it.. :sigh:

I'm not surprised.
In 2009,they ran a TV commercial here in which they mentioned his passing in a very frivolous and insensitive way,as if it was some kind of joke.

Many thought it wasn't a big deal,cause the context was mentioning big news,but I found it offensive.Exploiting the death of a human being for publicity ( and trying to be funny about it too! ) is not right in my book,so I lost all respect for this company.
Here's the link in case any of you want to watch : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HJoy9HUmdo

I just checked the link in the first post though and it's been changed!
Here's the new description I see :
Michael Jackson was the biggest pop star of the '80s, and certainly one of the most popular recording artists of all time. In his prime, Jackson was an unstoppable juggernaut, possessed of all the tools to dominate the charts: an instantly identifiable voice, eye-popping dance moves, stunning musical versatility, and loads of sheer star power. His 1982 blockbuster, Thriller, became the biggest-selling album of all time, and he was the first black artist to find stardom on MTV, breaking down innumerable boundaries both for his race and for music video as an art form. Whether as a pop icon or a tabloid caricature, Jackson always remained bigger than life, even after his untimely death on June 25th, 2009.

I still don't like the tabloid reference,but it's better,I guess.Did any of you guys contact them?

^^ That advert was childish. You really would hope people would grow up.

Back