Don't Walk Away - Love it or Hate it?

Love it or hate it?

• Total voters

Gonetoosoon

Proud Member
I am absolutely in love with this song. It is SO underrated it's not funny. It reminds me of what YANA was to HIStory. If it was released as a single and had the proper promotion I have no doubt that it would have reached Number One. I'm almost certain. It's a perfect song IMO. The lyrics are so deep and are so often overlooked. The instrumentals on this song are truly wonderful - particulary those strings.

So obviously my vote has been cast.. :wub:

What's your opinion on the song?

Love it or hate it?

Last edited:
Not a fan of any of Michael's slow songs, unfortunately haha! I feel they can easily creep into the cringe factor, like YANA.

I like it. I think it's better than Break Of Dawn, Heaven Can Wait, You Are My Life, Privacy and Butterflies

I like it. I think it's better than Break Of Dawn, Heaven Can Wait, You Are My Life, Privacy and Butterflies

Hey!!! I think you are going too far there. :mat: :cheeky: :D :lol:

I like this song.

You never stop to amaze me!

But again "de gustibus non est disputandum"

Haha, I just like dancier songs, that's all! I don't understand the second part of your message though, could you translate? I have a feeling it means something along the lines of "each to their own" though?

For the record, whoever said the song was better than half the stuff on Invincible is craaaaazy! Butterflies is the masterpiece of that record - and I know I said I'm not a fan of his slower stuff, but things like Butterflies and I Can't Help It are my exceptions, simply because they're so soulful and funky.

I love it! It's the slow songs that make Invincible a great album! Don't Walk Away is so good it could have been on Thriller :)

I love it, it's one of my favourites on Invincible...probably my second favourite (Speechless being my favourite)

Love it! But it is a sad and haunting tune. Kind of gut wrenching cause you can feel the pain and anguish his voice emotes.

It's the She's Out of My Life of Invincible and it beat the original by far in my opinion. She's Out of My Life is good for seeing the crazy fun fangirls and I can only listen to it in a certain mood.

Hit me for saying it, but DWA is one of the (very) few songs of Michael I don't like. I don't hate it (I don't hate any of his songs), but it's a song that I skip quite often and for me it's a bit too soppy. Another factor why I don't like the song is probably that there are outtakes which deserved to be on the album much more than DWA (for example "Shout").

I liked the song "Don't Walk Away" until after Michael died. The emotion in his voice in that song made me cry over him even more. The song just became too haunting for me to listen to after his death. I don't necessarily hate the song. I think it's a beautiful tune. But I can't listen to it because I will start crying.

Last edited:
I love it but it's too heartbreaking and sad. I always feel Michael's songs are his personal bio, the deep feeling from his heart, so it's so hard for me to hear this song without thinking about ...

Last edited:
Hit me for saying it, but DWA is one of the (very) few songs of Michael I don't like. I don't hate it (I don't hate any of his songs), but it's a song that I skip quite often and for me it's a bit too soppy. Another factor why I don't like the song is probably that there are outtakes which deserved to be on the album much more than DWA (for example "Shout").

:smack:

kidding :D

I love it but it's too heartbreaking and sad. I always feel Michael's songs are his personal bio, the deep feeling from his heart, so it's so hard for me to hear this song without thinking about ...

I agree. I think the same thing about this song. While other Michael Jackson songs make me happy as if he was still alive, I feel like I'm almost forced to remember that Michael is gone whenever I hear "Don't Walk Away".

Last edited:
It's a good song, I just have to be in the right mood for it. It's a little sad so if I'm not in that frame of mind I can't listen to it. I feel the same way about "She's Out of My Life."

there's something about it that seems SO SO SO honest and painful that i don't like to listen to it. most of mj's slow songs are happier or their written by someone else so i dont believe it as much (e.g she's out of my life). Same sort of thing with Stranger in Moscow. I know thats really strange but i've always felt that way since i was 10yrs old. i feel like he's talking about lisa or something...but when i do make myself listen to it, its stunning.

Edit:eek:mg, i just read through all your posts and so many of you said the same thing! just shows you how powerful the emotion in mj's voice is. wow!

Last edited:
It's still bittersweet to listen to, but this has to be my favorite Invincible track. It's just perfect. I think that this is one of the few songs on that album that could have been released now, or even on the Thriller album 20 some odd years ago.

Just listening to it brings up all the feelings that I had when I first learned of Michael's passing...

I close my eyes
Just to try and see you smile one more time
But it's been so long now all I do is cry
Can't we find some love to take this away?
'Cause the pain gets stronger every day

How can I begin again
How am I to understand
When there's nothing left to do but walk away

It's just painful :'(

I love it, it's one of my favorite MJ songs of all time. The whole vibe and sound of the song is just perfect....to me it has that vintage MJ 80s feeling to it that sounds so fresh and has aged well in 10 years.

I love it! The line that makes me tear up is this one "All my dreams been broken. I don't know where we're going" so lovely

Back