MetalGearSolid2.jpg
339px-MGS3_EU_cover.jpg
MGS4_European_Cover.jpg

MGSV_Ground_Zeroes_boxart.jpg
MGSV_The_Phantom_Pain_boxart.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid

http://www.konami.jp/mgs5/en/

Are there any Metal Gear fans here? What is your favorite MGS game? I like MGS1 most. It was one of my first games on PS1. In my opinion Metal Gear Solid is the best game series of all time.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection was released in 2011 for Xbox 360 and PS3. It includes MGS2, MGS3 and the PSP game Peace Walker.

Last edited:
Hey hello, big mgs fan right here!

I finished all MGS games except for the originals on msx and nes.
The remake of the 1st one on Gamecube is the one I like the most (metal gear solid twin snakes) because it had the story of MGS1 (psx), remade with Gamecube graphics, it's beautifull.
I'm sorry this one is not included on the HD collection and I don't understand this (probably because this version belongs to Nintendo).
Peacewalker is pretty good on psp but I skipped the MGS graphic novels on the psp, I'll play peace walker again when the collection is out.

I haven't seen much from the MGS Rising game but I read you will only be playing with Raiden?
The story of Snake is finished so I hope they create a good story around Raiden.
And I'm hoping for more gameplay hours then 4 and with a little less movies then 4.

I liked the first one but the second one has always been my favorite. It's a shame the PC version doesn't work right on Windows 7. I see there is a trick to get it working but it's more of a hassle than I'm willing to bother with.

Metal Gear Solid Rising looks great:

I can't wait!

Last edited:
I love the MGS series..Only one I fully beat was MGS 2: Sons of Liberty, one of my favorite games of all time.

Although my brother has them and played them all, I've only played some of MGS4. What I do play consistently is the online portion of the game, MGO. Do any of you guys play it?

MGS HD Collection trailer from Tokyo Game Show:

In Japan Peace Walker is released separately but they get MGS1.

I finally got the Playstation games for less than the price of a movie ticket! I'm surprised that they aren't more collectible but it's well worth it considering the hours of entertainment you get for the investment.

7f7a44e1.jpg

The Gamecube game, The Twin Snakes, a remake of MGS, is more collectible. It's the only Metal Gear title to be released on a Nintendo console since the NES days!:bugeyed I'm wondering if it's worth it to play both games. I'm naturally more inclined to play the remake but some diehard fans prefer the original.

Fans of the series may be interested to know that series creator Hideo Kojima will be shortly discussing his plans for Metal Gear 5.

Kojima talks Metal Gear Solid 5

Series creator to spill details about next mainline entry in tactical espionage action franchise later this month.

966ca730.jpg

It is no surprise that more Metal Gear Solid is on the way. Series creator Hideo Kojima has even alluded to the next mainline title in the past, but the fifth game in the series has now been confirmed via a teaser for the next issue of the Official PlayStation Magazine in the UK.

Kojima is set to occupy the cover of the next issue of OPM, and along with that comes word that he will be openly discussing his plans for Metal Gear Solid 5. No other details outside of the game's confirmation were revealed.

Recent rumors have pinned Kojima's next project as powered by the Fox Engine, which was publicly shown for the first time during Konami's Electronic Entertainment Expo press conference this year. Beyond MGS5, the tease reveals that Kojima will also be discussing "Project Ogre," his desire to kill off Solid Snake, and what life after Metal Gear may hold.

Metal Gear Solid 4 came out in 2008, and teases about the next installment in the series have persisted since then. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker for the PSP landed last year, and in the run up to its release, it was heralded by Kojima himself as a "full-scale sequel." Metal Gear Solid: Rising is also still under development and is expected to resurface at next month's Video Game Awards.

For those who may not be quite up to date with Kojima's signature series, the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection--containing Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, and Peace Walker--hit shelves last week. For more on the remastered collection, check out GameSpot's previous coverage.

Kojima talks Metal Gear Solid 5

I have been playing Metal Gear Solid HD Collection on Xbox 360. MGS2 looks a lot better in HD.

metal_gear_solid_hd_collection.jpg

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes gameplay trailer

New Metal Gear was announced! It is coming for PS3 and Xbox 360.

Metal Gear Solid V E3 2013 trailer:

It was revealed last week that Kiefer Sutherland is the new voice actor for Snake.

Ground Zeroes is getting released this week. North American release is tomorrow and Europe/Japan gets it on friday. I have pre-ordered this long time ago so can't wait! It feels forever since I got to play a new MGS game. Is anyone else buying?

Last edited:
I'm counting down for this......... pretty dang excited!

The release is in few weeks. It will be Hideo Kojima's last Metal Gear game and it looks like he is leaving Konami because they have some disagreements. They have removed Kojima's name from the game and Kojima Productions no longer exists. I'm a little angry to Konami but I'm buying the game because Kojima still made it. It looks great:

Last edited:
Next Tuesday here in the U.S.

Not many days left. I'm so excited! The game has got many great reviews. Gamespot gave in 10/10 and many other sites are also praising it. I haven't really read them because I'm trying to avoid spoilers.

The launch trailer was released yesterday. It's edited by Kojima:

Picking it up on my lunch break today.... Than going to stair at it until after work, after the gym, and finally go home...

This game is awesome! I have played it for almost 8 hours and it says that I have 4% completed. Good that I don't have to worry about the game ending anytime soon. Open-world is a great addition to Metal Gear series and the game runs 60fps. It makes the game so enjoyable to play. The sneaking is also much harder than it was before so it feels rewarding when you succeed. Only thing I would want more is cutscenes. I'm not a fan of listening casette tapes.

I've gotten in maybe 3 hrs total.. fun and really intense when it comes to things we can do.. that's gonna take some adjusting to.. just the hand gadget alone is so advanced.. (mapping system/setting new team members etc)

Question....

So I just finished episode 21 I believe it is when I kill the guy back on base... then it makes me buy water in the helicopter between missions!!! I am having issue with this... I try to purchase and it just stays on that screen forever and I can't backout or anything.. What the heck is going on? I just want to go to the next mission

Question....

So I just finished episode 21 I believe it is when I kill the guy back on base... then it makes me buy water in the helicopter between missions!!! I am having issue with this... I try to purchase and it just stays on that screen forever and I can't backout or anything.. What the heck is going on? I just want to go to the next mission
Did you get past it? I had no problem like that. I just finished Episode 23 and I have played the game over 70 hours in total. I hope it never ends. :D

It being a few months ago I bought almost every game metal gear in digital version for Play Station 3, hopefully I played the metal gear solid 3 (spectacular game, I played in the play station 2) because I decided starting from the beginning to the end (which would be the metal gear solid 4, because the metal gear rising not like me when I saw my brother playing it) although some play metal gear solid 5 phantom pain (which was shocked) to see how it goes with the game

Definitely my favorite video game saga, thanks H.Kojima i have played already every MGS Game, only the original 8 games from the official canon, i've not play Spin offs like Rising,Snakes Revenge etc. even MSX games i've played and i loved Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake :3

Back