10 Years Today ! -The Michael Jackson: 30th Anniversary Celebration - MSG- September 7, 2001

MJ TinkerBell

Proud Member
Where Michael IS..Is where you will find Me <3
Country
Canada
MJ30thposter.jpg

The Michael Jackson: 30th Anniversary Celebration, The Solo Years !!

The most talked-about concert to date, the Michael Jackson: 30th Anniversary Celebration, The Solo Years. This all-star salute to the &#8220;King of Pop&#8221; celebrates his 30 years as a solo performer and features some of the hottest stars in the game. Only Michael Jackson can put Marc Anthony, Destiny&#8217;s Child, Missy Elliott, Gloria Estefan, Nelly Furtado, Whitney Houston, James Ingram, Al Jarreau, Gladys Knight, Liza Minnelli, Monica, Aaron Carter, &#8216;N Sync, 98 Degrees, Gloria Gaynor, Usher, Billy Gilman, Shaggy, Luther Vandross, Dionne Warwick, Mya, Lil&#8217; Romeo, Jill Scott, Elizabeth Taylor, Samuel L. Jackson and Chris Tucker on one stage.

Taped at New York&#8217;s Madison Square Garden, this special represents Jackson&#8217;s first live US performance in nearly 11 years and the first reunion with his brothers in 20 years. If you missed one moment of Michael&#8217;s life, this is where you need to be to catch up. Michael and his brothers perform some of their biggest hits including ABC, The Love You Save, I&#8217;ll Be There, I Want You Back and Dancing Machine. True to his super power, Michael clears the stage and sets the building on fire with his performances of Billie Jean, The Way You Make Me Feel, Black or White, Never Can Say Goodbye, Beat It, Rock My World, Ben, Man in the Mirror and much-much more! In late November 2001, the CBS television network aired a two-hour special in honor of Michael Jackson's 30th year as a solo entertainer (his first solo single, "Got to Be There", was recorded in 1971). The show was edited from footage of two separate concerts Michael had orchestrated in New York City's Madison Square Garden on September 7th and September 10th of 2001. The shows sold out in five hours. Ticket prices for the best seats cost $5,000 and included a dinner with Michael Jackson and a signed poster. The show ranked first in black viewers over the decade ending 2008.
Have a seat, tap your feet or just get up and dance along to the music! You don&#8217;t want to miss the greatest and most watched concert ever! Watch Michael and his friends celebrate the greatest entertainer of all times watch !! Michael Jackson: 30th Anniversary Celebration, The Solo Years !!

The Photo Gallery:

michael-jackson-2-dvd-30th-anniversary-celebration-dvd-eafa7.jpg

michael-jackson-2-dvd-30th-anniversary-celebration-dvd-d5971.jpg

bj.jpg

michael-jackson45.jpg

MJ+2001+concert+4.jpg

dd_michaeljackson.jpg

carmo-51.jpg

0.jpg

l.jpg

U4XnylXSqUYKLEp.jpg

Part 1
[YOUTUBE]iQzoU5UdR7c[/YOUTUBE]

Part 2
[YOUTUBE]QZS2saw-ZGY[/YOUTUBE]

Part 3
[YOUTUBE]RtpeUBuEJe0[/YOUTUBE]

Part 4
[YOUTUBE]U-z5orYOJu4[/YOUTUBE]

Part 5
[YOUTUBE]BRGK4nAqZOo[/YOUTUBE]

Part 6
[YOUTUBE]VQp2TR-oXgA[/YOUTUBE]

Part 7
[YOUTUBE]EX8RUuf4JmI[/YOUTUBE]

Part 8
[YOUTUBE]9Et-9uuPnnQ[/YOUTUBE]

Part 9
[YOUTUBE]FTJK-C_2ejg[/YOUTUBE]

Part 10
[YOUTUBE]Qi5rhlh1Tf0[/YOUTUBE]

Part 11
[YOUTUBE]8-XlZDln_zQ[/YOUTUBE]

Part 12
[YOUTUBE]inXWuzK3cwg[/YOUTUBE]

Part 13
[YOUTUBE]iv4IHjpn4Lk[/YOUTUBE]

Part 14
[YOUTUBE]CFCXrVT-5fI[/YOUTUBE]

Part 15
[YOUTUBE]ahFGyQplNik[/YOUTUBE]

Part 16
[YOUTUBE]jfvnTCfu8Z4[/YOUTUBE]

Part 17
[YOUTUBE]J0TmV3Tng3Y[/YOUTUBE]

Part 18
[YOUTUBE]YPwjK39ZQGA[/YOUTUBE]

Part 19
[YOUTUBE]I9gDBxFdwzI[/YOUTUBE]

Rare Footage Part 1
[YOUTUBE]iTSs1EXMlAs[/YOUTUBE]

Rare Footage Part 2
[YOUTUBE]eDmMsSc-gvw[/YOUTUBE]

Michael Jackson Talks to the audience at 30th Anniversary Celebration, Sep. 7th, 2001
[YOUTUBE]vQipSfTnOxc[/YOUTUBE]

Did you know there was UN-TELEVISED Preformances you never seen before !!!

"Never Never Land" by Liza Minnelli
The Wiz -"Home" - Monica as Dorothy ,"Ease on Down the Road" - Jill Scott as the Scarecrow, Al Jarreau as The Tin Man, Deborah Cox as the Cowardly Lion !!
And a Humanitarian Speech by Marlon Brando !! As well as "Crying Time" by Ray Charles & Casandra Wilson, "Over the Rainbow" by Liza Minnelli !!

30th-Anniversary-michael-jackson-7936748-800-1164.jpg

Not surprising that this Concert was highest rated musical special in TV history in the US !!

MJ TinkerBell..:clap::bow::clap::clapping::dancin::woohoo:

Last edited:
:woohoo::clapping:WOW that must have been the most amazing night for you TCO, where were you sitting, what was it like to be among the lucky ones to get a ticket to this show?? Do you still have the ticket stub TCO ?? Would be so amazing if you could Post it here, for those who only dreamed to be there..The excitement is overwhelming to see this ticket ??
:tease::bow::clap:

I was there!

I flew all way from Barbados just to see him!

:woohoo::clap::swoon: I know right !! I couldn't look away from my television watching this show !! I just wouldn't dare miss a minute of what happened next..Michael never EVER failed to do that to me !!.:wub::agree::clapping:

Mike just knew how to move and rock the room Just Amazing esp when it came to Billie Jean if I could relive that night again I would! :)

Thank you for sharing this, I remember watching on my tv :)

Thank you MJTinkerbelle :)

MJ's 30th Anniversary Concert certainly has a very special place in MJ HIStory and our hearts

Indeed!! I prepared for this major television event like I was actually at the concert.
I remember it well! Very exciting night for me. There was nothing that could tear me
away from my TV that amazing night. I recorded the show as I reveled in every MJ moment!
And of course, I still have the tape! Lol!
:nerd:

Back