MICHAEL JACKSON'S BROTHERS Doing Another Tribute Show But Without Randy

bluesky

Proud Member
1008-jackson-brothers-getty-ex-credit.jpg

Another Michael Jackson tribute concert will go down this December in Tokyo and the Jackson brothers will headline [COLOR=#009900 !important]the show[/COLOR], but without Randy Jackson ... sources close to the family tell TMZ.

According to our sources, [COLOR=#009900 !important]the brothers[/COLOR] will perform around 15 songs. [COLOR=#009900 !important]The concert[/COLOR] will feature several other artists, mainly Japanese acts.

No word yet on any other Jackson family involvement.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/10/08/micha...ndy-tito-jermaine-marlon-jackie/#.TpDbgd4r2so

Well at least it's AFTER the trial.

And Japan's a great place to have tribute for the King, since the Japanese are adamant in their love for Michael.

Wish the Jackson brothers good luck

The problem here is, at least for me, the continued division that is being aired publically. Why can't they ALL wait to do something that they all can agree upon? yeah, I know 'big family, not everybody will always agree....' but, we just saw them pull the same stunt with the Cardiff show and now the same family members are once again the only ones up for this show this time around. Randy for some reason is against doing anything with his brothers, what will be Jermaine's and Janet's excuse this time around? (and I really don't think excuse of the timing with the trial was really her issue) the trial will be long over by then. So how many more tribute shows will there be? the public will take so much and no more, there will come a time when even the average person will see these continued tributes as family members profiting off Michael Jackson!

Due to Randy's health ( he has had 2or 3 minor heart problems) he can not perform. Wondering will Jermaine start working. Let's see what excuse he gives now.

Wasn't the "Forever Tribute" the only official tribute? Why can't they just say we want to tour again. It'll be simpler instead of using Michael again & again.

So they are going to flood the place with half baked tributes and our king and their brother is not going to get the tribute he deserves.

I have the feeling there are going to be many 'one off' tribute concerts by the family - ad nauseum.

Jackson family to stage Japanese benefit concert
By: Bang Showbiz
Posted: 10/10/2011 5:30 AM | Comments: 0 (including replies)
2 0 SHARE4 PRINT E–MAIL REPORT ERROR
Enlarge Image

Tito, Marlon and Jackie Jackson with mum Katherine and singer AI
Michael Jackson's family are staging a benefit concert to help children affected by the Japanese earthquake.
The King of Pop's mother Katherine Jackson has announced the Tokyo event will help a cause that her superstar son - who died of acute Propofol intoxication in June 2009 - would have done everything he could to support.
Speaking at a press conference at Claridge's hotel in London yesterday (09.10.11), she tearfully told BANG Showbiz: "If Michael was alive, he would definitely have done something to help the victims of the earthquake in Japan. Michael loved children, he would have felt for those children who lost parents or homes."
Michael's brothers will perform at the show as The Jacksons, and 81-year-old Katherine - who is the guardian of Michael's three children, Paris, Prince Michael and 'Blanket' - is very "glad to see them back on stage".
The 'Thriller' singer's brothers can't wait to get to the country and do something to help the Japanese people affected by the natural disaster which hit the coast of the Far East country in March.
Jackie Jackson said: "This concert can help children. I'm glad I can put smile on their faces again."
Marlon Jackson added: "Music can bring us together. Children can't live without guidance. We want to point out kids to right direction. I'm pleased music can help other people."
Tito Jackson - who visited Japan after the earthquake - spoke of his belief that music can unify communities all over the world.
He said: "People can become one, as human race."
Merchandising profits from 'Michael Jackson Tribute Live' - which will take place in Tokyo on December 13 and 14 - will be donated to ASHINAGA, a charity which helps children who lost their homes or families in the March earthquake.
Tickets will go on sale on October 12.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/arts-and-life/entertainment/celebrities/131442443.html

Children can't live without guidance
I wouldnt be too sure about that.
Why is this charity concert taking place so late? Where were they when the Japanese folks were struggling, months ago?

very "glad to see them back on stage".
of course she'd be 'very glad to see them back on stage' she's been dreaming for this to happen for over twenty years now. smh

Another thing, I hope the money will be donated to charity this time foreal, unlike with what happened to the tribute concert where we still don't know how much, if at all, of the money went to charity

Last edited:
I just really need to say this, I really DON"T have a problem with the brothers touring and making money to help out with charitable evernts,,,after all they are entertainers and anyone can raise money and donate it it any charity. THAT is a good thing especially if it comes from a pure heart, What DOES bother me is the fact that they are hiding BEHIND the name Michael Jackson to do it. WHY cant they just use their OWN credibility to do things like this? I am sure that people would STILL attend these charitable benefits....probably MORE so...it would prove to fans/the public that they ARE capable of filling those stadium seats on their OWN merit. Don't they realize what all these "tributes in the name of MJ" makes them look like?? Money grubbers that's what. If they have all this credibility and their own fans that we keep hearing that they have,,,,then it should NOT be to hard for them to sell tickets in THEIR OWN NAMES.....and leave Michael's name out of it. Enough with the using Michael's name because it sells more tickets. It is STILL picking his bones.imo

I just really need to say this, I really DON"T have a problem with the brothers touring and making money to help out with charitable evernts,,,after all they are entertainers and anyone can raise money and donate it it any charity. THAT is a good thing especially if it comes from a pure heart, What DOES bother me is the fact that they are hiding BEHIND the name Michael Jackson to do it. WHY cant they just use their OWN credibility to do things like this? I am sure that people would STILL attend these charitable benefits....probably MORE so...it would prove to fans/the public that they ARE capable of filling those stadium seats on their OWN merit. Don't they realize what all these "tributes in the name of MJ" makes them look like?? Money grubbers that's what. If they have all this credibility and their own fans that we keep hearing that they have,,,,then it should NOT be to hard for them to sell tickets in THEIR OWN NAMES.....and leave Michael's name out of it. Enough with the using Michael's name because it sells more tickets. It is STILL picking his bones.imo

^^yes^^^yes^^^yes^^^ I couldn't agree more. And it's great that the brothers want to do this charity concert for the people of Japan, but just leave Michael out of it. Anyone want a bet that the children will be putting in an appearance?

^^yes^^^yes^^^yes^^^ I couldn't agree more. And it's great that the brothers want to do this charity concert for the people of Japan, but just leave Michael out of it. Anyone want a bet that the children will be putting in an appearance?

yes it is a good thing that they want to do this. I think they are missing the point of "charity concert" They DONT need to label EVERY single event that they do "Tribute Show to Michael". They lose their credibility that way. Anyone can raise money for anything DONATE that money in that person name, Like when my sister passed away we had a "fund raiser" and donated the proceeds "IN HE NAME" to an organization called "welcome Arnold" it is a homeless shelter and the money was used by them to help pay for things like food and the bare necessities that a homeless person would need to get through day to day life. I KNOW that my sister would of wanted that. I know that would of made her happy, THIS is what they should do with the money that they raise from these "fundraisers" "Donate the money in the name of Michael Jackson"......NOT.......use it to head line the whole dang event. Also I agree....they probably will have the kids on that stage again...it seems to be the going thing with them ,,,,especially since we KNOW that Deiter was in Germany with them. smdh

yes it is a good thing that they want to do this. I think they are missing the point of "charity concert" They DONT need to label EVERY single event that they do "Tribute Show to Michael". They lose their credibility that way. Anyone can raise money for anything DONATE that money in that person name, Like when my sister passed away we had a "fund raiser" and donated the proceeds "IN HE NAME" to an organization called "welcome Arnold" it is a homeless shelter and the money was used by them to help pay for things like food and the bare necessities that a homeless person would need to get through day to day life. I KNOW that my sister would of wanted that. I know that would of made her happy, THIS is what they should do with the money that they raise from these "fundraisers" "Donate the money in the name of Michael Jackson"......NOT.......use it to head line the whole dang event. Also I agree....they probably will have the kids on that stage again...it seems to be the going thing with them ,,,,especially since we KNOW that Deiter was in Germany with them. smdh

Absolutely! And I wonder why Jermaine wont get involved again, who is going to be working on this one that he doesn't want to be involved with, is Weisner involved or GL? I guess time will tell how this one pans out.

BTW Sorry about your sister :hug:

Absolutely! And I wonder why Jermaine wont get involved again, who is going to be working on this one that he doesn't want to be involved with, is Weisner involved or GL? I guess time will tell how this one pans out.

BTW Sorry about your sister :hug:

I don't know why Jermaine wont get involved with this. Must have another money making scheme up his sleeve. As far a Weisner goes...all I know is that he has been hanging around for awhile now...through all the disgusting money making schemes that the Jackons have tried to pull off since Michael died,,,we always see Weisner in the backround of the photo's. So he is around. We couldnt be so lucky that he would just poof away. and thank you for the hug. Back at you.:hug:

'Michael Jackson Tribute Live' - Tokyo, December 13th & 14th

It seems the Jackson family are doing another MJ tribute concert, but this time in Japan!

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/arts-and-life/entertainment/celebrities/131442443.html

"Michael Jackson's family are staging a benefit concert to help children affected by the Japanese earthquake.
The King of Pop's mother Katherine Jackson has announced the Tokyo event will help a cause that her superstar son - who died of acute Propofol intoxication in June 2009 - would have done everything he could to support.
Speaking at a press conference at Claridge's hotel in London yesterday (09.10.11), she tearfully told BANG Showbiz: "If Michael was alive, he would definitely have done something to help the victims of the earthquake in Japan. Michael loved children, he would have felt for those children who lost parents or homes."
Michael's brothers will perform at the show as The Jacksons, and 81-year-old Katherine - who is the guardian of Michael's three children, Paris, Prince Michael and 'Blanket' - is very "glad to see them back on stage".
The 'Thriller' singer's brothers can't wait to get to the country and do something to help the Japanese people affected by the natural disaster which hit the coast of the Far East country in March.
Jackie Jackson said: "This concert can help children. I'm glad I can put smile on their faces again."
Marlon Jackson added: "Music can bring us together. Children can't live without guidance. We want to point out kids to right direction. I'm pleased music can help other people."
Tito Jackson - who visited Japan after the earthquake - spoke of his belief that music can unify communities all over the world.
He said: "People can become one, as human race."
Merchandising profits from 'Michael Jackson Tribute Live' - which will take place in Tokyo on December 13 and 14 - will be donated to ASHINAGA, a charity which helps children who lost their homes or families in the March earthquake.
Tickets will go on sale on October 12."

Re: 'Michael Jackson Tribute Live' - Tokyo, December 13th & 14th

Wait a minute. LOL!

Is this supposed to be a Michael Jackson Tribute OR a Benefit Concert for the People of Japan?

I'm all for helping people, but they really need to call it what it is, and leave Michael's name out of it. Seriously, how do they expect to be an INDEPENDENT act, when they can't do anything without using their little brother's name.

Also, who's in charge this time around? Will Global Live be their concert promoter once again!

Oh and tickets go on sale October 12th. That's day after tomorrow.

What I want to know is why are they doing this now? The earthquakes in Japan happened in May. I'm not saying everything is now fine in Japan, but this is kind of late. The time to have a concert like this was back when it really in the worldwide consciousness. Also, if they really wanted to help the Japanese people, shouldn't they done this kind of concert first instead of an overprice tribute?

Finally, shouldn't they be focus on the trial of their murdered love one. It doesn't look good when the mother of the victim doesn't even bothered to show up to court and is halfway across the world promoting projects. Not to mention the empty family seats. It gives the impression to the jury that the family honestly doesn't care all that much.

I agree with those of you who say it's time for the Jackson Brothers to stand on their own two feet. This could just as easily be called "A Jackson Brothers Benefit For Japan."

They want everybody to know how great they are, but continue on that quest by using Michael's name.

Seriously, just how many "Michael Jackson Tributes" are they planning. Do they not realize how this makes them look?

I'd also like to know who is handling all of this - Global Live or some other concert promoter.

They talking about tickets go on sale October 12, well that's day after tomorrow. And to be honest, I don't think anybody is paying much attention to them.

What I want to know is why are they doing this now?

Shoot, where were they when Haiti had that terrible hurricane? Or any other national disaster in the last 10, 15, 20 years?

They could have helped folks a long time ago, now all of a sudden they got a little taste of being on stage again and they plan on doing a "Tribute To Michael Jackson - WORLD TOUR." (All while throwing out their new favorite word - CHARITY.)

I could muster up some respect for them, if they would just go out their, on their own, without using Michael's name, and do their OWN thing. Ain't nothing with that, in my opinion.

The Estate really needs to assert themselves here. No more Mr Nice Guy!! Come on, Michael picked you for a reason so protect his name and legacy. Protect MJ from his own family!!!!

And I agree with the people who say they should be concentrating on the trial. Obviously they are not when they can only think about their next return to the stage.

I am finding their actions disgusting.:puke:

I just don't understand the Jackson family sometimes. They are going to do what they want, no matter how ridiculous they look in the process.

I just don't understand the Jackson family sometimes. They are going to do what they want, no matter how ridiculous they look in the process.
I don't understand them either, you ain't alone that's for sure.

They do all of these things, which I personally consider MONEY GRABS and they expect US, to just follow them like little lost puppies, because they use Michael's name and they're Michael's family. Somebody needs to tell them: That ain't how it works!

MJ called them GREEDY , UNCARING USERS one month before his death, enough said .

First, the One & Only Official Tribute for Michael; now the children affected by the earthquake. When do they stop? And to top it all, the money made out of merchandise is what's going to the children, not from tickets but from the merchandise. What's missing in their heads or they're lacking morals, pride? It's so annoying and hurtful. Why they don't do something on their own without using Michael's name. Don't they realize the more they use Michael's name for their ventures the more they're saying we are worthless, we can't make it on our own that's why we using our brother's name. the brother who broke his behind working hard to achieve the prestige he earned. Something is really wrong with this family; their son, brother, uncle died under horrible conditions, there's a trial and they're going on as if they have nothing to do with them or maybe, they're really as affected by Michael's passing & the current trial as other people are.

^^The thing is, from what I read on Twitter etc, Japanese MJ fans are looking forward to
it. At least, majority of them are. I am a Japanese myself, so I think I have more info about this than most of you here.

Well, a music channel in Japan called "Music on TV" made some MJ documentary (last year I think)
and the singer AI hosted it. (IMO they were really nice.) They interviewed people who worked with MJ, like Travis
Payne, Judith Hill, Frank Dileo etc and some of the brothers, Jermaine included, were
interviewed, too.

This event is organized by Music on TV, so I don't think there're GLE/Ja-Tail/Weisner's
involvements in this event. Also, people at Music on TV did have approached the Estate and have talked with John B (This is not a official event, though).

Well, no offend to fellow Japanese MJ fans, but I can't understand a lot of them seem to be excited abou this show. It's past 1am here, so I won't go into details about this, but I believe it'll be worse than the recent England one.
(I'm sorry if my post is a mess. I really hurried & am sleepy...)

MJ called them GREEDY , UNCARING USERS one month before his death, enough said .

Really? where did you hear that from?

Back