Doctor convicted in Michael Jackson's death requests new testing on key vial of anesthetic

MsCassieMollie

Proud Member
Doctor convicted in Michael Jackson’s death requests new testing on key vial of anesthetic - The Washington Post

LOS ANGELES — Just days before sentencing, lawyers for the doctor convicted of causing Michael Jackson’s death want a judge to order independent testing of a vial of the powerful anesthetic that killed the singer.

Attorneys for Dr. Conrad Murray will ask a judge at a hearing Monday to release to an independent lab the vial of propofol that authorities contend was used on the morning of Jackson’s death.

Attorney J. Michael Flanagan wrote in a court filing that the testing is necessary to analyze the prosecution theory that Murray placed Jackson on an IV drip of propofol and the painkiller lidocaine then left the room.

Prosecution expert Dr. Steven Shafer testified during the six-week trial of Murray that the only plausible scenario to explain Jackson’s death was that the doctor left the pop superstar on the IV drip.

Shafer said he ruled out all other scenarios, including the defense theory that Jackson somehow gave himself the fatal dose of the anesthetic being used as a sleep aid.

The chemical makeup of the propofol vial “has become relevant to confirm or negate the accuracy of Dr. Shafer’s proposed scenario,” Flanagan wrote.

Publicists for Murray and his lawyers say the results may form the basis of an appeal of the Houston-based cardiologist’s conviction.

Prosecutors and Flanagan were expected to argue about the request during an 11 a.m. hearing.

Murray was convicted two weeks ago of involuntary manslaughter. He remains jailed while awaiting sentencing on Nov. 29 and faces a possible sentence ranging from probation to up to four years.

___

Anthony McCartney can be reached at Anthony McCartney (@mccartneyAP) on Twitter

Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A judge has denied a request to retest a vial of the powerful anesthetic that killed Michael Jackson.

Dr. Conrad Murray's lawyer asked for testing on a vial of the anesthetic propofol on Friday.

Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor says Murray's defense attorneys knew about the vial at the start of the case and could have requested the testing months ago.

Attorney J. Michael Flanagan wrote in a court filing that the testing is necessary to analyze the prosecution theory that Murray placed Jackson on an IV drip of propofol and the painkiller lidocaine then left the room.

A prosecutor argued Monday that Murray received a fair trial and there was no legal basis for the request.

http://news.yahoo.com/judge-denies-...RlcnRhaW5tZW50BHB0A3NlY3Rpb25zBHRlc3QD;_ylv=3

Wtf! talk about desperate. what part of the case dont they get. he was convicted for his negligence not for putting someone on a drip. Thank you judge. reading this took me back pre trial made me feel sick

What does the chemical makeup have to do with whether a drip was used or not? the filing doesnt even make sense

Jesus. It's great that Judge Pastor made the right decision. The request also doesn't make any sense at all. What that have to do with whether Murray is guilty or not? These people are unbelievable. They think the reality show is not long enough?

Good. Pastor is the right judge for this trial.
Definitely

Wtf! talk about desperate. what part of the case dont they get. he was convicted for his negligence not for putting someone on a drip. Thank you judge. reading this took me back pre trial made me feel sick
Exactly, for a moment after reading this I was like ''hold on wasn't that bastard convicted 2 weeks ago?, what more is there to request? Why do they wanna test a vial NOW?!'' Besides like you said it makes no sense whatsoever, he wasn't convicted because he used a drip, he was convicted b/c of GROSS NEGLIGENCE, CRIMINAL NEGLIGENCE. Why is it so hard for them to comprehend this? Thanks goodness judge denied.

Jesus. It's great that Judge Pastor made the right decision. The request also doesn't make any sense at all. What that have to do with whether Murray is guilty or not? These people are unbelievable. They think the reality show is not long enough?
I guess one reality show/documentary is not enough for them, they want to continue making a mockery out of this whole trial and Michael's death. They act as if Michael's death was just a random 'incident', and he didn't actually loose his life. SMDH.

Another thing, I wonder how they got the nerve to ask for the vial to be tested when he was already convicted and the charged he was convicted with is irrelevant to all this.

And btw, where is Chernoff the Jerkoff? Why is Grandpa Flanazepam-Senile requesting this on his own? I guess he had some conversations with his convicted felon client in jail.

Am I the only one who believes Murray is just as deluded and narcissistic as he was before going to jail? He REALLY does believe in his ''innocence'' doesn't he? Cocky arrogant bastard needs to be brought to reality for once, and I hope his soon to be cell buddy Bubba (hopefully) is able to do so.

Last edited:
Definitely

Am I the only one who believes Murray is just as deluded and narcissistic as he was before going to jail? He REALLY does believe in his ''innocence'', cocky arrogant bastard needs to be brought back to reality, and I hope his soon going to be cell buddy Bubba (hopefully) is able to do so.

No, you're not the only one...

Am I the only one who believes Murray is just as deluded and narcissistic as he was before going to jail? He REALLY does believe in his ''innocence'', cocky arrogant bastard needs to be brought back to reality, and I hope his soon going to be cell buddy Bubba (hopefully) is able to do so.

I cant make up my mind about his real feelings about his guilt. Does he truly think he didnt do nothing wrong (and god he must be quite deaf after those 7 weeks), or is he playing a part?

I dont think poor Bubba deserves such a cell mate. Look, his new buddies are waiting for him!

Ozposter.jpg

A prosecutor argued Monday that Murray received a fair trial and there was no legal basis for the request.

Give up, Flanny. -le sigh-

MUZIKfactoryTWO Posted 10 mins ago

I asked Dr Steven Shafer his opinion re: Conrad Murray request to test 100ml Propofol vial for Propofol/Lidocaine concentration. Judge Pastor DENIED this request this morning stating that it is too late. Following is Dr. Shafer's response:

"I would assume that since the defense requested the test, they did so because Conrad Murray told them he didn’t inject lidocaine into the bottle (tacitly admitting that he used the bottle for his infusion).

It isn’t relevant. Conrad Murray could just as easily have had a syringe of lidocaine that he injected whenever MJ complained of propofol burning. I thought that he might have mixed lidocaine into the bottle, but since the defense made this request he probably didn’t do that.

The other possibility is that Conrad Murray gave 100 mg of lidocaine IV at the time of the arrest. Since he had no ECG, he didn’t know if Michael Jackson might have had some arrhythmia. In that case, 100 mg of lidocaine would actually have been a reasonable drug to inject. Particularly considering that Murray was a cardiologist a lidocaine injection as part of his efforts to would not be too out of line. (Lidocaine is a first line drug in cardiac arrest).

All of this is speculation, because there are no medical records. If there were medical records we wouldn’t be engaging in this “guess what I did” nonsense.

My conclusion from this is that there was no lidocaine in the bottle, and Conrad Murray gave it to Michael Jackson directly rather than mixing it in the bottle. As mentioned, it doesn’t matter, because Michael Jackson died of a propofol overdose, not a lidocaine overdose."

U can read the defence motion on the court site if anyones intrested

@ElusiveMoonwalker Link plz?

@Diplomate: Well this is kinda their job... can't really blame them. We knew they were gonna do this ages ago. We also knew they were going to fail miserably, but that's beside the point.

Too late now conrad! you have been found guilty for what u did- DEAL WITH IT!

Associated Press

Nov 21, 2:40 PM EST

Judge denies request by doctor convicted in Michael Jackson's death for new testing on vial
By ANTHONY McCARTNEY
AP Entertainment Writer

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...CTOR?SITE=PAREA&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Someone please tell these guys that the case is over and let Muarry go to prison already. These are the same people who wanted the case tried within 60 days, and after several delays, they did not even think of testing these oh so important contents? Please, admit and accept your defeat and that your client is guilty.

@ElusiveMoonwalker Link plz?@Diplomate: Well this is kinda their job... can't really blame them. We knew they were gonna do this ages ago. We also knew they were going to fail miserably, but that's beside the point.
The sticky is at the top. the one for court documents. it links to the court website

Now the defense has to try and come up with another reason for an appeal!! Clutching at straws.

Erikmjfan;3542109 said:
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor says Murray's defense attorneys knew about the vial at the start of the case and could have requested the testing months ago.

Which part of the case does he not understand.....
still trying to fish while the pond is already dried up?....
Go home!

Flaganan's brain's leaking. Incontinence , slow drip or what...........
Two Words for ya : Tena Pad!

Another reason why Judge Pastor should sentence him to the max! and bomb the hell outta him with a hefty fine!....
Talk about wasting court's time and resource...
pfft!
A prosecutor argued Monday that Murray received a fair trial and there was no legal basis for the request.....
Exactly!
Way to Go! Walgren. (Still prefer him clean shaven)

*he'd better turn up shaven at sentencing:cheeky:

Last edited:
Is this Flanagan's idea? It's obvious his negative and hateful personal feelings towards Michael (as evidenced in that Murray mocumentary) are making him want to keep desperately pursuing this case. I don't think he cares about defending Murray. He wants to convict Michael.

Pastor makes a great comment in the article thread about the defence fishing

Back