The Fur Thread

Severus Snape

Proud Member
I ADORE fur, especially that of the vintage variety, and I thought MJJC's fashion section needed its very own fur thread for those of us who love fur.

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't like real fur, I love animals too much. I think it's really sad that they have to suffer that much.. Did you know they are sometimes skinned while being alive?

I think you should have a look at some of the videos that show how animals are brutally killed to feed your vanity.

kindofdisco said:
.....I'm just gonna back out of this thread quietly LOL

Fair enough, thanks for your respect.

Sorry, I don't like real fur, I love animals too much. I think it's really sad that they have to suffer that much.. Did you know they are sometimes skinned while being alive?

Compels me to ask... why are you here? =o

Go pound sand: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/120217-Furfree-friday-25-11

And yes, I've seen all the videos, and I knew that. Thx.

hplusf said:
I think you should have a look at some of the videos that show how animals are brutally killed to feed your vanity.

I LOVE MY VANITY.

^It is in the Fashion and Beauty section, not in the general interest one, thus it is assumed the posts here would be about fur in regards to fashion, not whatever hippie interests some happen to hold. Those belong in the other thread, to which I have already linked.

This is about glamour, and nothing else.

And yes, I've seen all the videos, and I knew that. Thx.
So you've seen all the videos and you knew that?? Do you have a heart?

This is about glamour, and nothing else.
No it's about cruelty to animals. As long as people like you keep buying it it will never stop. Furthermore this is not what Michael was about... No way! :no:

Last edited:
Guys this is in the fashion thread, it's not a debate thread. Personally, I don't have any opinion of fur. I don't own any myself but I don't mind if other people wear it.

These are some nice items. If you enjoy them, don't let anyone disrespect you for that.

I'm sorry but I am totally against wearing fur, suede, or leather of any kind. I even hate the fact that my mother has a real leather sofa and a recliner chair. At one time when I was a teenager I had a winter coat with real silver fox fur trimmed hood. And I had Loved that coat so much. Because it had real fur on it. And I thought it was ok to wear real fur. Until I had saw some hidden camera reports on how fur coats are really made. And seeing Michael's Earth Song video has really put me off of ever wanting to wear fur ever again. If you saw the hidden camera reports like I did. It would seriously make you change your mind about wearing some kind of dead animal. And there is really nothing fashionable or glamorous about wearing death.

So you've seen all the videos and you knew that?? Do you have a heart?

Maybe not. Should I get a transplant? =OOOO

The doctor said I did, though. Its resting heart rate is 48bpm, and it has a tendency towards tachycardia at times. It, however, otherwise functions as normal, although heart disease does run in my family. Thank you so much for your concern regarding my cardiac health.

All this talk about hearts is making me hungry for some lamb heart. Gotta have it!

Hocus said:
No it's about cruelty to animals. As long as people like you keep buying it it will never stop. Furthermore this is not what Michael was about... No way! :no:

Hmm...well, if this was under a Michael-related thread, I'd see your point. But...it's NOT! =OOOO As far as I know there is no fascist mandate which states that, in order to like Michael, I have to think what (you claim) he thinks in every way, and agree with (what you claim is) his every view. Furthermore...

Michael Jackson's O2 Exhibition said:
image-3-for-michael-jackson-o2-exhibition-gallery-688673047.jpg
Jewelled crown on custom red velvet cushion. Crown has rhinestones and large faux gemstones including heart shaped ruby colored stone. Trimmed in white mink fur to resemble ermine, with burgundy velvet. Surmounted by monogram of MJ's initials, accented with faux teardrop pearls.

the02.co.uk said:
Michael Jackson's estate has opened up his extensive archives from his homes, Neverland Ranch, concert collections and video vault to present more than 250 items, including awards, clothing items and a wide range of personal belongings.

Oh no!! It appears Michael owned fur too! Would you ask him if he has a heart? =OOO

Furthermore, by "this," I obviously meant this thread. If you want to go protest fur, go to the thread I've linked like-minded folks to and pound sand. 8D

If you saw the hidden camera reports like I did. It would seriously make you change your mind about wearing some kind of dead animal. And there is really nothing fashionable or glamorous about wearing death.

I've seen them, as I stated before. My stance remains unchanged.

Yes, BUT anyway the discussion of this cruelty to tear the skin of an animal :)no:) to make a beautiful coat and bla bla bla will always come to surface. It's inevitable.... :worried:

No, it's not inevitable. Just like "there's an app for that," there's a thread for that too, and it's not this one. You might want to go here: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/120217-Furfree-friday-25-11

Disgusting.

Maybe. Do you enjoy seeing things that disgust you? There are some filling in the shoes of Leopold von Sacher-Masoch quite nicely, thus why I ask.

Guys this is in the fashion thread, it's not a debate thread. Personally, I don't have any opinion of fur. I don't own any myself but I don't mind if other people wear it.

These are some nice items. If you enjoy them, don't let anyone disrespect you for that.

This is by far the most intelligent post I've seen in this thread(not counting my own since I'd be biased lol). Thanks a lot for your insight and respect.

That's another thing Michael was for guys!!! Besides eating meat and having a mink-trimmed crown. Lesson: don't use Michael to try and manipulate my emotions to get me to change my stance. That won't work. =o

Last edited:
Me personally, if I wear fur it is going to be fake. I cannot stand the fact of skinning animals just to make something fashionable out of it. As far as a sheep goes? their coat grows back therefor I have no problem with it.

I totally agree BE, there are many endanger animal especies already to contribute more. It breaks my heart when I see these kind of vedeos and I don't see that kind fashion would stop unless all those endangered espicies would definately die. I prefer wearing fake fur a million times.

Last edited:
I don't mind leather and sheepskin as both Cows and Sheep get eaten, hence no waste.....and they are not endangered......

Inuit people have no choice but to wear fur......but they never waste, and they never make any animal endangered!!!

It's just selfish to wear fur, I don't like it, and I don't get why people still like to wear it seeing how freaking cruel and horrific the fur industry is, disgusting ugh...I honestly thought this thread would be against it reason why I came in, but since it's evidently not I'm OUT..

Back