California Medical Board Subpoenas Dr. Arnold Klein

ivy

Proud Member
I didn't know where to put this but as it seems to be related to Michael (although we aren't sure. the letter and medical board -according to radar online - isn't giving details. Klein thinks it's related to Michael) and the investigation started after Murray trial I decided to put it here for the time being

The California State Medical Board has formally subpoenaed Michael Jackson's former physician and long time friend, Dr. Arnold Klein to appear at a hearing on December 15, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.

Dr. Klein's lawyer, Herbert Weinberg, advised the dermatologist on November 30, via letter, that he would no longer be representing him for the California Medical Board proceedings.

The letter states: "Please be advised that our company is withdrawing as your counsel. We urge you to obtain counsel as soon as possible, as you have been subpoenaed to appear before the Medical Board on December 15, 2011. Failure to appear may result in the Medical Board petitioning the administrative courts for suspension of your license to practice."

During Dr. Conrad Murray's involuntary manslaughter trial in connection with the death of Michael Jackson, it was revealed that Dr. Klein gave Jackson staggering amounts of the powerful painkiller, Demerol when he would get Botox injections.

Dr. Klein didn't testify during Murray's trial, but Jackson's medical records while under his care were presented by Murray’s defense. Over a three day period in April 2009, Jackson received a whopping 775 milligrams of Demerol.

The California Medical Board wouldn't comment on what Dr. Klein will be questioned about.

Dr. Klein's lawyer, Garo Ghazarian didn't immediately respond to comment.

As RadarOnline.com previously reported, Dr. Conrad Murray was sentenced to four years in jail for the involuntary manslaughter of Jackson, who died of acute Propofol intoxication on June 25, 2009.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...a-medical-board-michael-jackson-investigation

And now Klein's Facebook posts about this topic. Important parts in bold

Professor of Medicine and Dermatology
UCLA
Klein Chair in Dermatology UCLA
Consultant to the General and Plastic Surgery Devices Panel of the FDA.

To whom it may concern:
The Cal Med Board is guilty of both fraudulent and criminal acts towards me as well as a significant conflict of interest. The patient described below obtained patient care from me under false pretenses. In fact, the mere suggestion that the provision of medical care is carried out under false pretenses is illegal.

. Today I saw a patient, examined his skin and told him my findings. He claimed that he was a Jewish-Mexican from Culver City. I cannot discuss my findings on his skin exam because this would violate HIPAA. After I examined his skin he presented me with a subpoena from the California Medical Board issued by Kimberly Wilson and paid me with a fraudulent credit card. For Kimberly Wilson to use such criminal and fraudulent means to serve me a subpoena is illegal and I feel she has proved herself unfit to evaluate any aspect of my medical practice or the Jackson Case. Furthermore I cannot discuss findings on this patient it that it would violate HIPAA. In fact this entire occurrence is a total violation of doctor patient confidentiality and was a conflict of interest on the part of the supposed patient who served the paper. As you may not be aware Jason Pfeiffer, Muhammad Khiilji and other individuals who embezzled 20 million dollars from me have now made complaints about my competency as a physician to the board. I n response to this The Cal Med Board has called a hearing to which I made my pharmacy Attorney Herb Weinberg aware. Obviously he did not respond to their requests so today the board subjected me to the criminal and fraudulent acts as described above. These acts I feel are a strong indicator of how the medical board plans to handle my case. It should be noted:

1)In 1985 I complained to the Ca Med Board that UCLA Dept of Pathology would not section tissue of an HIV positive patient. The Board did not respond.
2)In 2007 I complained to the Ca Med Board about an unlicensed foreign physician Gottfried Lemperle injecting women’s faces with plexiglass. The Board did not respond.
3) I have notified then Ca Medical Board that both Allergan and Medicis have employed foreign unlicensed physicians without green cards to practice in California. The Board did not respond.
4)Mickey Fine Pharmacy has been guilty of renewing my prescriptions without calling my treating doctors and saying I self-prescribed
5)MF was also guilty of giving out dated narcotics to one of my employees for destruction. Destruction of narcotics can only be performed by two people and this employee was a recovering addict. Subsequently this employee died of a narcotic overdose.
6)The records of Michael Jackson were illegally released violating HIPAA. Again this was reported to the medical board
7)I was not the physician administering Demerol in my office in May 2009 to Mr Jackson. It was Dr.David Rish and Dr.Illya Reyter who should also be called if this investigation involves Mr Jackson.
8) I have been cleared The Coroner in the Jackson case did not find any Demerol in his toxicology analysis which rules out any possible involvement by myself in the death of Michael Jackson.
9) Currently the case against the individuals who embezzled 20 million dollars from me also involves an act of attempted homicide by them against me.

The California Medical Board acts are now criminal,fraudulent and involve obtaining medical care from me under false pretenses and then refusing payment for the same services. Furthermore, I refuse to allow Kimberly Wilson to evaluate me. She is guilty of fraud, criminal action as well as elder abuse and violation of ADA. I strongly feel this hearing is an act of harassment and the lack of Herb Weinberg’s response to my multiple emails (saying he is now employed by Mickey Fine Pharmacy) indicates he is somehow in collusion with Mickey Fine. I refuse to allow these people to sit in judgement of me or my ability to practice medicine. Finally if this investigation involves the treatment of Mr Jackson I demand Dr.David Rish and Dr.Illya Reyter must also be called.AWK

http://www.facebook.com/notes/arnol...rnia-medical-board-is-crimina/328848430462026

-------------------------------------------

The letter of his lawyer not representing him

389481_2499577060039_1571307064_32287625_1094745627_n.jpg

-------------------------------------------

The California Medical board: A Novel by Kafka
Thursday, December 1, 2011 at 11:42am
Dear Mr Weinberg,
As my attorney who is dealing with the Ca Med Board their rules clearly state it is illegal to seek medical care under false pretenses.To obtain medical care under false pretenses and present a fraudulent credit card is both an act of theft and violates the manner in which medical care can be delivered in the State of California. I have reported this behavior as an act of theft to both the Ca Medical Board and the Beverly Hills Police in that they stole my services. Furthermore for Ms. Wilson to tell Ellen "I am going to get him" when she was unaware of who treated Michael Jackson on the dates in the chart and also the underlying situation of identity theft is a very sloppy investigation. I will not allow her to repeat the ridiculous behavior during the Murray trial during when the defense attorney stated I treated Michael during dates I was in Europe, Also we now have firm evidence that two of the individuals suggesting I was unable to practice were overdosing me with Warfarin and changed my will making them my heirs without a notary in the middle of the night.This is attempted homicide. Ms. Wilson's has exhibited Elder Abuse towards me and my services as a physician and failed to respect the guidelines of the ADA. I have now reported Ms Wilson's actions to the medical board and request her immediate replacement as my investigator. Furthermore, the hearing date must be rescheduled in light of the investigation of the attempted homicide by two of my employees.. Furthermore, the medical board must understand that while the two individuals who worked for me tried to kill me also another of my employees who was also part of the group embezzling money from me was found dead on a park bench of a drug overdose coincidentally t on 6th Street (the street of my residence) and this may not be a self administered drug overdose but the work of the same individuals who tried to kill me . I am appalled by the behavior of the California Medical Board . My recent reappointment to the FDA and rating as the #1 cosmetic dermatologist in the US suggests the Ca Medical Board is on a witch hunt. Remember if any of this concerns Ms. Jackson's unauthorized request to examine Mr Jackson records the two other doctors must be called. If this concern's my ability to practice or allegations by Jason Pfeiffer he is one of the two individuals who tried to kill me and possibly attempted to kill Bruce. Furthermore, Rish,Pfeiffer and Khilji are already guilty of releasing false information concerning my health which is a violation of my civil rights in that Jason and Pfeiffer signed confidentiality agreements and Rish was my treating physician. Finally if you are truly concerned with ability to practice I suggest you discuss it with my physicians who will assure you I am both physically and mentally healthier than I have ever been in the last 15 years. AWKlein

Oh Lord - overdosing with warfarin? not sure if I've entered the twilight zone here :busted:

Klein is a mess.. I really wish MJ did not seek treatment from this sick man.. He is nuts!

I don't like him and I don't think he gave Michael proper care either.

Oh Lord - overdosing with warfarin? not sure if I've entered the twilight zone here :busted:

I seriously cannot understand how he can rant like this in a letter he sent to the medical board.

- they overdosed me with warfarin
- they might have killed Bruce (who is bruce)
- she told Ellen (who is ellen) that she's going to get me

then he says I'm physically and mentally fine - how can the people reading those emails can believe that?

and no surprise that his lawyer stopped representing him

Dr Klein has always been very ecentric but I feel Michael's death and all that has insued since has sent him completly over the edge. He has become a raving Lunatic. He is so far gone he doesnt even realise how stark raving mad he is. Im not trying to be mean or even funny. He truly has serious mental issues and he is the one digging his own grave. He brought all the attention to himself. His paranoid behaviour only brings more suspicion on him. His attorneys have left him becuase he has become a medisa wh*re and cant keep his big mouth shut. Klein is buring himself alive with every word he speaks .. The man has gone mad. It angers me that people on Facebook cater to him and act like he is making sense. The whole thing is insane. At one time was a genious in his field. He was an artist. But now he just sad and pathetic.

Looks like he has been supeonied for competency hearing by the medical board
He is upset by the way the subpoena was given to him. Some one pretended to be a patient to get to him. He must have been hiding from them. His ranting and raving if they see it just sealed his own fate. Plus all the info he is supplying on FB can be used againts him. No wonder his attorny has washed his hands from him. It is apparent he doesnt listen or heed his attorneys advice. It is clear he is incompetent. He has seriosu issues.

I hadn't followed the trial, but they really revealed that about Dr Klein and how he gave ridiculous amounts of that crap to Michael? Oh man....he had so many evil mothafuckas around him,it's not even funny :(

I hadn't followed the trial, but they really revealed that about Dr Klein and how he gave ridiculous amounts of that crap to Michael? Oh man....he had so many evil mothafuckas around him,it's not even funny :(

I'm not sure if it would equal to ridiculous actually. Didn't they say max was 600 mg a day? It makes what Klein gave high but not overdose.

no. thats the prob when ppl dont follow. they get soundbites from the press wont be surprised is this isnt anything to do with mj. anyone whos seen his facebook rants would wonder if hes mentally stable enough to be a dr

I seriously cannot understand how he can rant like this in a letter he sent to the medical board.

- they overdosed me with warfarin
- they might have killed Bruce (who is bruce)
- she told Ellen (who is ellen) that she's going to get me

then he says I'm physically and mentally fine - how can the people reading those emails can believe that?

and no surprise that his lawyer stopped representing him

This is 'Bruce':
(and the lawyer, Weinberg, is now working for the same Pharmacy??? (Mickey Fine)

Michael Jackson's Doc -- Ex-Employee Dies
30/12/2009
TMZ has learned Dr. Arnold Klein, who treated Michael Jackson for decades, had an office employee who just died ... an employee who had a history of drug abuse, even while working for Dr. Klein.

Bruce Ayers, who worked for three years as Dr. Klein's research assistant and confidant, was found dead on a sidewalk on December 18 in Los Angeles.

Dr. Klein tells TMZ he fired the 44-year-old Ayers in February, after learning Ayers was allegedly stealing drugs and money from Klein's office.

We're told Dr. Klein stored certain drugs at a pharmacy he used to fill prescriptions for patients. When the drugs would expire, there was a protocol for destroying them. But Klein says Ayers would go to the pharmacy and get expired Demerol for his own use -- and the pharmacy gave it to him. Klein says the pharmacy violated protocol.

We're told Dr. Klein knew Ayers was a drug addict when he hired him but at the time Ayers was on the wagon. Klein says it became painfully obvious at the beginning of 2009 that Ayers' drug problem had resurfaced. Several members of Klein's staff told the Dr. they would quit unless he fired Ayers.

And, we're told, after Ayers was fired, Klein's staff realized 100 Percocet pills were missing.
We've learned Ayers, who met Michael Jackson many times while working for Klein, had a history of abusing pain meds.
When Ayers' body was discovered, authorities found hospital records showing that he had been admitted to three different hospitals since August, in each case for pain issues -- and in each case he was discharged with various meds.
The L.A. County Coroner has deferred Ayers' cause of death, pending toxicology tests.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/30/michael-jackson-dr-arnold-klein-drugs-addict-percocet-demerol-drugs/

Last edited:
It is time to destroy Klein and it is time for him to pay for what he did to MJ.

Last edited:
This is 'Bruce':
(and the lawyer, Weinberg, is now working for the same Pharmacy??? (Mickey Fine)

Michael Jackson's Doc -- Ex-Employee Dies
30/12/2009
TMZ has learned Dr. Arnold Klein, who treated Michael Jackson for decades, had an office employee who just died ... an employee who had a history of drug abuse, even while working for Dr. Klein.

Bruce Ayers, who worked for three years as Dr. Klein's research assistant and confidant, was found dead on a sidewalk on December 18 in Los Angeles.

Dr. Klein tells TMZ he fired the 44-year-old Ayers in February, after learning Ayers was allegedly stealing drugs and money from Klein's office.

We're told Dr. Klein stored certain drugs at a pharmacy he used to fill prescriptions for patients. When the drugs would expire, there was a protocol for destroying them. But Klein says Ayers would go to the pharmacy and get expired Demerol for his own use -- and the pharmacy gave it to him. Klein says the pharmacy violated protocol.

We're told Dr. Klein knew Ayers was a drug addict when he hired him but at the time Ayers was on the wagon. Klein says it became painfully obvious at the beginning of 2009 that Ayers' drug problem had resurfaced. Several members of Klein's staff told the Dr. they would quit unless he fired Ayers.

And, we're told, after Ayers was fired, Klein's staff realized 100 Percocet pills were missing.
We've learned Ayers, who met Michael Jackson many times while working for Klein, had a history of abusing pain meds.
When Ayers' body was discovered, authorities found hospital records showing that he had been admitted to three different hospitals since August, in each case for pain issues -- and in each case he was discharged with various meds.
The L.A. County Coroner has deferred Ayers' cause of death, pending toxicology tests.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/30/michael-jackson-dr-arnold-klein-drugs-addict-percocet-demerol-drugs/

thank you. The interesting things are these
-klein never mentions the last name of bruce - how will the medical board will know what he's talking about?
- at the time Klein says bruce had dependency issues
- at the time Klein was getting along with his accountant and assistant
- now he's saying those two might have killed bruce

he's really making it hard to believe that he's physically and mentally capable.

he's really making it hard to believe that he's physically and mentally capable.

The more I read and see his interviews and various rants, the more I believe that he has a serious problem. He acts and sounds totally delusional. Irony is, as far as I know, he WAS a respected doctor once upon a time. Too bad, but it looks like there are no people around him who can help him.

Sorry can someone please help me understand this? The post that ivy posted with the article to difficult for me to understand. Why is klein subpoened? And also is this true?:

After I examined his skin he presented me with a subpoena from the California Medical Board issued by Kimberly Wilson and paid me with a fraudulent credit card. For Kimberly Wilson to use such criminal and fraudulent means to serve me a subpoena is illegal and I feel she has proved herself unfit to evaluate any aspect of my medical practice or the Jackson Case

who is kimberly and is she the one who had a fake examination to give klein a subpoena or do i dont get it at all??

Please help :)

Sorry can someone please help me understand this? The post that ivy posted with the article to difficult for me to understand. Why is klein subpoened? And also is this true?:

After I examined his skin he presented me with a subpoena from the California Medical Board issued by Kimberly Wilson and paid me with a fraudulent credit card. For Kimberly Wilson to use such criminal and fraudulent means to serve me a subpoena is illegal and I feel she has proved herself unfit to evaluate any aspect of my medical practice or the Jackson Case

who is kimberly and is she the one who had a fake examination to give klein a subpoena or do i dont get it at all??

Please help :)

Kimberly Wilson is a senior investigator with the California Medical Board. It looks like a male presented him with the subpoena after an exam.

I found this where it mentions Kimberly Wilson as being a senior investigator:

http://articles.latimes.com/2001/feb/02/local/me-20128

Man Accused of Posing as Doctor Surrenders

February 02, 2001|LAURA WIDES | SPECIAL TO THE TIMES
A Rancho Palos Verdes man turned himself in to police Wednesday night after being charged with posing as a doctor at a plastic surgery clinic and fondling several female patients.
Victor Javier Mateluna, 53, who operated the San Pedro Medical Group and Linar Medical Group, was released on $50,000 bail pending his arraignment Feb. 21. If convicted, he could face up to eight years in prison.

Mateluna could not be reached for comment Thursday.
According to Los Angeles City Atty. James K. Hahn, Mateluna was also charged with grand theft after one patient paid him $1,800 for plastic surgery on her nose that was never performed.
The case grew out of two separate investigations into the pediatrics and plastic surgery clinic--one by the Medical Board of California, the other by the Los Angeles Police Department's Harbor Division.
In January 2000 the Medical Board began looking at the clinic, located in San Pedro, after receiving an anonymous complaint that Mateluna was posing as an obstetrician-gynecologist.
Several months later, two patients filed complaints of sexual battery by Mateluna with the LAPD.
"It was quite interesting to find out about these complaints after we were already investigating him," said Kim Wilson, a senior investigator with the Medical Board.
According to Deputy City Atty. Mark Lambert, one woman who went to Mateluna to inquire about plastic surgery on her nose was told to remove her shirt and bra, whereupon Mateluna massaged her breasts.
During the Medical Board investigation, agents went undercover on two occasions, posing as potential patients in an effort to confirm that Mateluna was operating the clinic without a license.
Mateluna, who advertised his clinic's services mostly in Spanish-language media, closed the clinic in September after learning about the LAPD investigation.

pixel.gif

Last edited:
when is the Tx and NV medical boards going after Murray to get his licence? I read he isn't licensed in TX anymore cuz it expired and he didn't renew it, but what about NV? What are they waiting for? For Murray's holy spirit to come and tell them what really transpired? And that Murray didn't do anything wrong?

I won't say Klein is a bad doctor, cos I don't know. But he certainly abbused the situation with Michael, giving him treatments he might not have needed just to be able to bill him more. Michael spend a lot of money with Klein for medical treatment. Ofcourse a lot also had to do with his vitiligo. But I'm convinced Klein used that situation to do what almost everyone was doing to Michael. Use him as a cashcow.

Dr. Arnold Klein has been subpoenaed by the California Medical Board and reportedly is being probed by the DEA for allegedly overprescribing Demerol to Michael Jackson, The Daily Beast has learned.

1323058963703.jpg

It may turn out that Dr. Conrad Murray isn’t the only doctor who falls because of medical treatment provided to pop star Michael Jackson.

The Daily Beast has learned that Jackson’s long time dermatologist, Dr. Arnold Klein of Beverly Hills, recently received a subpoena to appear before the California Medical Board on Dec. 15. The subject at hand will be whether Klein’s medical license should be suspended.

Although the medical board declined comment on the investigation, sources who have been questioned by the board’s investigator say the probe is wide ranging. Questions range from the possibility that Klein self-prescribed narcotics, used false names on narcotics prescriptions, illegally handed out samples of dangerous drugs to his famous patients, and may have committed gross negligence by practicing while afflicted with multiple sclerosis. Klein firmly denies the allegations of ill health, despite an increasing number of reports to the medical board that he does, indeed, have the debilitating disease.

Yet, it is Klein’s long association with Jackson—a continuing source of bragging rights for the doctor—that seems to have been the catalyst for the investigation into the celebrity dermatologist’s practice of medicine.

During the recent Conrad Murray manslaughter trial, at which Murray was found guilty of causing Jackson’s death and sentenced to four years in jail, there was a smidgen of barely noted testimony that revealed Dr. Klein may be in for even more stringent punishment than just having his license yanked.

Lt. Scott Smith, the LAPD’s lead investigator into Jackson’s death, testified that shortly after the case was ruled a homicide, a division of labor was established to avoid any “head butting” with the feds. The LAPD would concentrate on gathering evidence against Dr. Murray while the Drug Enforcement Administration would zero in on other Jackson doctors suspected of providing the pop star with an overabundance of narcotics. Lt. Smith testified that Dr. Arnold Klein’s name was specifically mentioned as a DEA target.

The DEA never comments on its investigations, but law enforcement sources familiar with the way the agency works say the feds were closely watching the manslaughter trial to see what information about Klein surfaced. It is standard operating procedure for the DEA to take its time, gather all possible evidence, and then confront a target to urge a guilty plea. The DEA does not like to proceed unless a case is a slam-dunk.

Klein, who’s known as the “Father of Botox” and the “Dermatologist to the Stars,” was spared having to appear at the Murray trial, even though the centerpiece of the defense was that in the last months of his life, the drug-dependent Jackson’s secret source of narcotics was Klein.

The defense team was allowed to show the jury handwritten notes from Klein’s office showing that in the four months before he died—from March 12 through June 2009—Jackson got dozens of high-potency injections of Demerol during minor dermatological procedures. The entertainer was referred to as “Omar Arnold” on the records shown the jury.

Medical experts testified the average injection of Demerol to ease anxiety is no more than 50mg. Yet, on April 21, the records show, when Jackson arrived to receive Botox injections in his groin “to stop excessive sweating,” he was given a 200mg shot of Demerol to help him get through the procedure. One hour later, he was given more.

The next day, Jackson arrived at Klein’s office at 11:30 a.m. and received another 200mg shot of Demerol before undergoing a facial filling procedure with Restylane. One hour later, the records show, Jackson received an additional 100mg of the narcotic. After another hour the patient was administered a further 75mg of Demerol before he left the office—375mg of narcotics in just three hours is considered a massive dose.

And so it went throughout the weeks and months, until Jackson’s last appointment on June 22, when he was given 100mg of Demerol. This was three days before Jackson died. (The half-life of Demerol begins in the body in just a few hours with nearly all traces of it gone within about 20 hours. That could explain why there was no trace of Demerol found during Jackson’s autopsy.)

The news about Klein’s upcoming Medical Board hearing, added to the recent revelations in court about all that Demerol, might make any other doctor worry. But Klein has now unleashed a very public Facebook diatribe against the board.

Klein frequently maintains that he was “In Europe” during the time Jackson was in his office receiving injections of narcotics. He repeatedly points the finger of blame at his two former medical partners: “It was Dr. David Rish and Dr. Ilya Reyter who should also be called if this investigation involves Mr. Jackson.”

Both Rish and Reyter have communicated with the medical board and with this reporter. Rish wrote in an email that, “ALL the Demerol, as far as I know, was given on Dr. Klein’s orders.”

It should be noted that Dr. Klein was in Europe during the last three weeks of May 2009 as confirmed by his former office manager, Jason Pfeiffer, who was traveling with him. But those three weeks were never mentioned to the Murray jury. In reciting details of the many Demerol shots Jackson received, the defense lawyers cleverly skipped over those vacation weeks to concentrate on the times Klein was known to be in the office.

Interestingly, it is Klein himself who continues to feed the stream of information about the investigation against him and specifics on how he was served his subpoena. On Nov. 30 at 1:28 a.m. Klein wrote about a patient he had examined the previous day who he described as a Jewish-Mexican man from Culver City, Calif.

“After I examined his skin he presented me with a subpoena from the California Medical Board issued by Kimberly Wilson and paid me with a fraudulent credit card. For Kimberly Wilson to use such criminal and fraudulent means to serve me a subpoena is illegal and I feel she has proved herself unfit to evaluate any aspect of my medical practice or the Jackson Case.”

The Daily Beast has learned that earlier this year investigator Wilson went undercover herself, and made a new-patient appointment to see Klein so as to surreptitiously evaluate him. A source close to the office says Klein got wind of her upcoming visit and told his staff to say he wasn’t there when she arrived.

After that aborted attempt, Wilson apparently concluded that sending in a male to observe Klein’s behavior (and serve the subpoena) might work better.

Klein’s nocturnal online ramblings have taken on a sort of Wizard of Oz quality, with the doctor in the role of loudly announcing, “Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!” But reality appears to be closing in on him.

He was forced to declare bankruptcy in January 2011, which several sources say was caused by his lavish lifestyle, including three homes, expensive artwork and first-class intercontinental travel. But Klein writes that Pfeiffer and his former accountant, Muhammad Khilji, stole his identity and $20 million, and they are to blame for his insolvency. Klein sued the pair, and after Pfeiffer and Khilji countersued, Klein wrote, mysteriously: “We now have firm evidence that (the) two....were overdosing me with Warfarin and changed my will....this is attempted homicide.” (Warfarin is a popular anticoagulant drug.)

Klein also has issued imperial-sounding Facebook taunts to the California Medical Board. He demands the immediate removal of Wilson for her “elder abuse” of him. He heckles the board for what he sees as past failures, and he concludes that his upcoming Dec.15 license hearing must “be rescheduled in light of the investigation of the attempted homicide by my two (former) employees.”

The 66-year-old Klein, who recently moved to a new Beverly Hills office, seems to have retreated into a world fueled by both hubris and paranoia. On Dec. 1, he penned a lengthy post entitled, “The California Medical Board: A Novel by Kafka,” in which he declares his suspicion that his bankruptcy enemies, Pfeiffer and Khilji, might have murdered another former employee named Bruce who died of a drug overdose. Klein concluded with a challenge to the board. “If you are truly concerned with * ability to practice I suggest you discuss it with my physicians who will assure you I am both physically and mentally healthier than I have ever been in the last 15 years. AWKlein.”

A medical source who asked for anonymity and had been close to Klein’s previous office said of Klein, “He seems to be unable to walk alone these days and was coming up to the office in a wheeled chair ... I do not know what he has (but) it appears that it is some kind of neuromuscular disease.”

Klein has run through a string of lawyers during his current financial woes, and each one winds up dropping him as a client. When his last attorney, Herb Weinberg, sent him a letter on Nov. 30 withdrawing as counsel, Klein inexplicably blamed it on a conspiracy involving Michael Jackson’s former concert promoters, AEG. In the letter, posted online, Weinberg strongly urges the doctor to obtain a new lawyer “as soon as possible” and reminds Klein that “Failure to appear may result in the Medical Board ... suspend[ing] your license to practice.” It is not clear if Klein has engaged a new lawyer.

In the meantime, his daily Facebook posts make it clear that his thoughts are firmly rooted in past glory days. He often recites his professional accomplishments, including an appointment as an FDA consultant he says was made possible by Sen. John Kerry. (Kerry’s Washington office flatly states, “We have no record of any recommendation/nomination Senator Kerry made on Dr. Klein’s behalf.”) And he often engages in unabashed celebrity name dropping.

Ironically, Klein often grandly declares that federal privacy laws preclude him from talking about his patients—and then he does it anyway, mentioning Elizabeth Taylor, actresses Carrie Fisher and Angelica Houston, and, most often, Michael Jackson.

“Having been the doctor to 3 presidents, 2 Popes, several real queens even the Maharaja of Baroda no one brought forth the world like Michael Jackson,” he wrote in one recent Facebook post. “Ever eat fried chicken in the kitchen with Queen Elizabeth or discuss finding good housekeepers with the Maharaja? Michael gave me those opportunities.”

No evidence could be found that Klein ever treated a president, a pope, or a real queen, but his long friendship with Jackson—and the attention it generated from law enforcement and the state Medical Board—may prove to be Arnold Klein’s professional undoing.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ologist-arnold-klein-under-investigation.html

MJ'S SKIN DOC
The Med Board Is On My Ass
... and My Lawyer Just Quit

It ain't lookin' good for Dr. Arnie Klein ... Michael Jackson's dermatologist is under investigation by the Medical Board of California -- reportedly for pumping the singer full of prescription painkillers -- and now his lawyer has officially jumped ship.

Klein just posted a letter on his Facebook page, apparently sent from his former attorney -- advising Klein that he's been subpoenaed by the Board and has to appear for questioning on Dec. 15.

The letter does not explain the nature of the probe -- but according to TheDailyBeast.com, officials want to know more about allegations that Klein over-prescribed Demerol to MJ.

The Board reportedly wants to question Klein about the possibility that he self-prescribed narcotics, used false names on narcotics prescriptions, illegally handed out samples of dangerous drugs to his famous patients, and may have committed gross negligence by practicing while afflicted with multiple sclerosis.

Klein has always strongly denied any wrongdoing ... and thus far, has not been accused of any criminal conduct in the death of Michael Jackson.

As for Klein's lawyer, Herbert L. Weinberg -- dude doesn't explain why he's bailing on Arnie ... but recommends a couple of "fine lawyers" who could take over.

We called Klein for comment -- so far, no response.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/12/05/arnie-klein-michael-jackson-medical-board-investigation/

I guess the bold part explains what's wrong with Klein

Good Lord what Demerol did Klein prescribe to Michael? Did I miss something during the trial?

ivy;3552695 said:
MJ'S SKIN DOC
The Med Board Is On My Ass
... and My Lawyer Just Quit

It ain't lookin' good for Dr. Arnie Klein ... Michael Jackson's dermatologist is under investigation by the Medical Board of California -- reportedly for pumping the singer full of prescription painkillers -- and now his lawyer has officially jumped ship.

Klein just posted a letter on his Facebook page, apparently sent from his former attorney -- advising Klein that he's been subpoenaed by the Board and has to appear for questioning on Dec. 15.

The letter does not explain the nature of the probe -- but according to TheDailyBeast.com, officials want to know more about allegations that Klein over-prescribed Demerol to MJ.

The Board reportedly wants to question Klein about the possibility that he self-prescribed narcotics, used false names on narcotics prescriptions, illegally handed out samples of dangerous drugs to his famous patients, and may have committed gross negligence by practicing while afflicted with multiple sclerosis.

Klein has always strongly denied any wrongdoing ... and thus far, has not been accused of any criminal conduct in the death of Michael Jackson.

As for Klein's lawyer, Herbert L. Weinberg -- dude doesn't explain why he's bailing on Arnie ... but recommends a couple of "fine lawyers" who could take over.

We called Klein for comment -- so far, no response.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/12/05/arnie-klein-michael-jackson-medical-board-investigation/

I guess the bold part explains what's wrong with Klein

Well, 'they' seem definitely 'out to get him'. If he is genuinely unwell with MS, that could explain a lot of his recent behaviour/ tone of writing. (and who knows how long he has had MS...as he has financial worries, I'm guessing he won't be in a hurry to end his medical career voluntarily).
Both MS and some of the medications used to treat it ( eg corticosteroids) seem to have 'paranoia' producing effects on the brain (*Reference below). However, just because someone is paranoid, doesn't mean 'they' are not out to get you!

*What is Multiple Sclerosis?
Myelin is the fatty tissue encapsulating the nerve fibers in the brain and spinal cord. MS is caused by damage to the myelin sheath around nerve fibers. Sclerotic sheath affects the underlying flow of nerve impulses. It affects women more than men and within the age group 20 to 40 years.

Facts About Disseminated Sclerosis Symptoms
•The symptoms of neurologic dysfunction can abruptly cause an exacerbation and recoveries are transient
•Signs can mistaken for a psychiatric illness
•As the disease becomes more progressive, the vital functions of walking, writing, speech and memory are affected
Early Symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis
The early symptoms of disseminated sclerosis depend upon the extent and type of affected nerve fibers innervating subsequent organs. Myelin does have a capacity to reform at a very slow rate.

Physical Symptoms
•Numbness of the face and body is the earliest and most common symptom
•Fatigue
•Tremors
•Tingling sensation on the skin
•Gait problems and body imbalance
•Gastrointestinal upset like constipation or diarrhea
•Loss of bladder and bowel function
•Vision problems
•Sexual dysfunction
•Muscle weakness
•Muscular spasms and contractures
Mental Signs of Multiple Sclerosis
•Difficulty with concentration
•Memory loss
•Poor judgment
•Depression
•Mild dementia
•Psychosis
•Paranoia
•Emotional outbursts

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/early-symptoms-and-signs-of-multiple-sclerosis.html

His medical writing seems extremely scientific and lucid, as in a recent post on his 'Skin and aesthetics' website. It sounds as though he writes this himself and it sounds very carefully and thoughtfully written. Maybe people in the 'aesthetics' (eg 'skin filler' industry) don't like what he has to say about some of their products?

(Article posted on 4 Dec 11 , Filler Fables: Please read before you ruin your face!)
http://www.arnoldwklein.com/?p=583

Last edited:
Back