Brian hopes his shrine to Michael Jackson will get him in the record books

qbee

Proud Member
<iframe style="top: -9999em; width: 10px; height: 10px; position: absolute;" id="twttrHubFrame" tabIndex="0" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/hub.html" frameBorder="0" allowTransparency="true" name="twttrHubFrame" scrolling="no"></iframe>
Wow you've got to love this guy - I do :) So sweet - He loves Michael so much

Brian hopes his shrine to Michael Jackson will get him in the record books

2260910440.jpg

Published on Thursday 15 December 2011 09:42

A MASSIVE Michael Jackson fan is hoping his collection of photographs of the superstar will propel him into the Guinness Book of World Records.

Brian Lee, 35, of Alpine Close, Oakham, has been a fan of Michael Jackson ever since he was three years old and the singer, who died in 2009 aged 50, has been a huge influence to him throughout his life.

Brian said: &#8220;My dad used to listen to the Jacksons when I was a baby and apparently every time it came on I used to bounce to it.&#8221;

And his dance moves have not stopped since then. Brian is a Michael Jackson impersonator and has studied his dance moves and characteristics for hours on end.

As a pupil at the Vale of Catmose College he performed for pupils at the nearby primary schools.
Five years ago Brian was signed off work for health reasons and he admits that his love of Michael Jackson has turned into an obsession.

He hopes to get into the record books for having the most comprehensive collection of Michael Jackson memorabilia.

He admits the megastar is his life.

Brian said: &#8220;On the day he died everyone in my road and the surrounding houses heard me screaming. It was the worst day of my life.&#8221;

Brian has turned the garage of his home into a shrine to Michael and has covered the walls with 1,600 photographs of the singer from various points in his solo career. They have cost him more than £600.
He has books, DVDs, CDs, calendars and memorabilia piled up in corners and he sits and listens to the music and watches the videos daily.

He has even filmed his own DVD and has a You Tube channel of his performances.

He said: &#8220;I have 10 copies of everything.

&#8220;It has taken me 16 months to do the DVD because of my health issues. I filmed and edited all of it myself.
&#8220;Sometimes after I&#8217;ve really pushed myself I&#8217;m in bed for a week afterwards.

&#8220;I have sent it out to all of my friends who are Michael Jackson fans around the world and they love it.&#8221;
Brian says it is these friends who have kept him going and he calls them his &#8220;family&#8221;. They are dotted around the globe from as far away as Australia and America.

He said: &#8220;They support me. If I&#8217;m ever down or depressed they talk to me and make me feel better.
&#8220;We talk to each other about Michael and what he means to us.&#8221;

Brian says his favourite Michael Jackson song is Billie Jean because it was the first song he watched him perform live aged seven. He has lost count of the number of Michael Jackson concerts he went to.

His favourite song to perform to himself is Jam.

Brian will keep growing the collection.

He said: &#8220;Next year I am going to start collecting replica costumes and I want to create a museum.&#8221;

In order to make it into the record books, Brian has to have five references from people who can vouch for his collection. He already has two.

Brian&#8217;s father John, 64, is also a support for him. He is a collector himself and has more than 300 guitars, despite not being able to play the instrument himself.

He said: &#8220;I&#8217;m a Santana fan myself so I know how Brian feels about Michael Jackson.

&#8220;When he was 21 we took him to see him perform in Paris. I love the room he has created. I wouldn&#8217;t have let him do it otherwise.&#8221;

See Brian in action

I perform and create my videos with passion and love for the king Michael Jackson in my MJ shrine - I perform for love not for money. I'm here to keep michael's legacy alive - L.O.V.E. ~ Brian

EARTH SONG
[video=youtube;mQYHSL7NzUo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQYHSL7NzUo[/video]

JAM
[video=youtube;e7UG9rSnGi0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7UG9rSnGi0[/video]

The 'Jam' video was amazing! I loved the lights at the beginning!

And I thought my MJ shrine was something. Especially with the 12 MJ posters I have up on my bedroom's walls and doors. And the MJ comforter I always keep on my bed. And MJ pillow cases on my pillows. But my shrine is still a work in process. But my MJ shrine will never be as good as his.

OMG!! Can we help him?? I'd send him a couple of items...MJ loved the record books...it would be too cool if a fan made it as well.

Rather amazing. I like the support he gets from his dad. Must be cool to have someone you can talk to and who understands.

May I ask where you got the comforter and pillow accessories!? I would LOVE to have a set myself...Thanks. :)

And I thought my MJ shrine was something. Especially with the 12 MJ posters I have up on my bedroom's walls and doors. And the MJ comforter I always keep on my bed. And MJ pillow cases on my pillows. But my shrine is still a work in process. But my MJ shrine will never be as good as his.

Back