Was Michael Jackson Pitched ?

people always say stuff about how 2000 Watts was pitched. I'm actually not sure :S

Billie Jean sounds varisped to be a quarter pitch higher than the correct scale. Some say Beat It was done the same but I don't think so (when I lower that pitch it sounds like the way it was edited in MSG concert.

For "live" the playback of Beat It was pitched in the MSG concerts, TWYMMF was almost always pitched in live performances.

I think that 'Lovely One' voice was his real singing voice like that was just the ideal pitch for him.

Well according to Joe Vogel, when he interviewed Michael's engineer for the 2000 Watts song, that was Michael real voice. I think Michael has an incredible range, that is how talented he is.

Some of Mike's tracks are pitched. According to Bruce Swedien they pitched some tracks on the Bad album to make the mixes tighter, which is obvious if you compare the single mix of Another Part Of Me to the album mix (the single mix is pitched up one key).

And Frankyboy5 is right about Billie Jean, it is a quarter pitch higher than what it should be. Any musician here can testify that you won't be able to play along with Billie Jean if you don't retune your instrument of choice (I'm a keyboard player and always have to adjust my synthersizers accordingly when jamming on BJ)..

i thought that too about the Triumph album.Itls a bit diiferent from the rest, different but still beautiful.I love how his voice sounds on that album.And somebody said about the live performances of some of the songs on Triumph but actually they do sound different form the album version.For me is obvious.I am not a musician though, I canlt tell for sure but is what I hear.Pitching is a bad thing to do?CAuse for sure it sounds beautiful.

Didn't Michael say in Moonwalk that he was trying for a different style on Triumph?

I know he was not pitched for sure. If he would like to have him pitched he would do it without any technical help...

Back