I think Lisa Marie was the best thing ever after his mother...

Topflux

Proud Member
It's kinda sad how different Michael's life would have been if he and Lisa Marie had tried more solving all the problems. They loved each other so much so it wasn't meant to be like that. Lisa was and would have been all the best for Michael for the rest of his life. She was like made for Michael. I saw them together and I can't say anything else.

Discussing Lisa and Michael AGAIN.... :wacko:
247.gif
This subject is soooooooooooooooo old, let it go. :fear:

What's wrong with discussing Lisa and Michael? Is it not allowed?

I think they made a great couple and I wish they had been able to resolve their differences.

I believe Michael loved her till the end.

Michael told Nile Rogers a whole year before he and Lisa divorced that they were not going to be married long. So apparently Michael felt differently

Holy smokes, MJ and Presley are neither the first, nor the last people on this planet to go through a divorce. If people divorce that quickly then you have to see that as the emergency brake- that does take guts if you know that this marriage is not what you envisioned for your life. People seem to think that it's 'bad to throw in the towel'- that is not necessarily so. Especially if both parties are still fairly young, as both were. Figuring out 15 years later that you regret NOT having listened to yourself is not so wise, either.

Wanting to have children is too big of an essential life motive to make compromises.

Having said that, I have doubts that Michael would gone on camera after her passing and refer to her children as 'retaliatory action'. Likewise it's silly for outsider to categorize anyone as 'the best thing ever' or 'the nail that shut the coffin closed'.
I think both are human but no, a brief marriage in itself doesn't automatically have to mean you pine and long for someone for the remainder of your existence. I doubt that MJ is the type of wallflower pining away, if all he has to do is move- to accomplish his goal. So no, this whole imagery of the greatest love story ever told somehow doesn't seem to work.

Perhaps there are different variances of love. A brief marriage like that means that someone was bright enough to live life instead of trying to make something work that isn't working.

Last edited:
The second wife Mrs Debbie Rowe Jackson got it right, saying MJ was too big to be married to a mere mortal. And all the Mrs MJ wannabes, you couldn't make him happy either.

Last edited:
^^ Thats some what true ..
It would take someone very special - very loving, mature understanding patient. MJ was not your ordinary Mortal ..

Well we know they both cared about each other from their own mouths. It was just to Huge for either to handle at the time
Its hard enough being married without having 2 huge conglomrates come together with so much fame. Neither of them
are Bad people they just were not able to make it work for many Reasons probably beyond our comprehension besides
the obvious.

MJ and Lisa'a stories pretty much Jive. .. minus the personal details of the pain they both went through
over them divorcing. I felt they were happy together Untill the novelty wore off . They just didnt know how to fight for
it to make it work. Both were very stubborn and with that much money its easy to stay busy and drift further and further
apart on different sides of the world. They just were not emotionall ready for it all - Sh*t happens Both of them were
were very stubborn. I think they both had regrets at one time or another. We just dont know all the facts or details.

But we do know they both loved and cared for one another. ... Once upon a time - Untill reality set in

lol

No Lisa Marie was not the best thing after his mother, totally disagree with this post. I think people need to start listening to Michael and observing Michael actions more. Because if more fans did, then you will know Michael did not feel that way. He wanted her out of his life as soon as she showed her true self which was like months after the marriage. But the only reason he didnt divorce her so quickly was because of the backlash he was going to get for how short the marriage was and even more people were gonna believe it was fake. Lisa Marie was never going to save Michael because first off she couldnt even save herself. Shes a weak woman that goes wherever the wind blows and he didnt need to be with anyone like that. If they had stayed together the only difference in his life would be that he would missing his two beautiful children in it, who were indeed the best thing in his life. And poor Michael would be stuck with with no kids of his own, a nagging woman whos ashamed of being with him and Michael hands would be always hurting from clapping constantly to get her to leave him alone. He would be miserable. Seriously, it wasnt meant to be. Michael never had any intentions of having her back in his life. They were better off as friends.

Holy smokes, MJ and Presley are neither the first, nor the last people on this planet to go through a divorce. If people divorce that quickly then you have to see that as the emergency brake- that does take guts if you know that this marriage is not what you envisioned for your life. People seem to think that it's 'bad to throw in the towel'- that is not necessarily so. Especially if both parties are still fairly young, as both were. Figuring out 15 years later that you regret NOT having listened to yourself is not so wise, either.

Wanting to have children is too big of an essential life motive to make compromises.

Having said that, I have doubts that Michael would gone on camera after her passing and refer to her children as 'retaliatory action'. Likewise it's silly for outsider to categorize anyone as 'the best thing ever' or 'the nail that shut the coffin closed'.
I think both are human but no, a brief marriage in itself doesn't automatically have to mean you pine and long for someone for the remainder of your existence. I doubt that MJ is the type of wallflower pining away, if all he has to do is move- to accomplish his goal. So no, this whole imagery of the greatest love story ever told somehow doesn't seem to work.

Perhaps there are different variances of love. A brief marriage like that means that someone was bright enough to live life instead of trying to make something work that isn't working.

Thank you. Great post.

Last edited:
The best thing in Michael's life after his mother? That's easy to answer: his beautiful children.
About LMP: I am sure they were both madly in love. It was fun while it lasted. She wasn't the woman for him in the end and neither was he the man for her. They both moved on.

I like reading people's opinions about Michael and Lisa's marriage,,imo...to be honest,,,I think both opinions are correct in there own way, I think that if we put both the opinions together,,,that IS the truth about this marriage,

At least Michael managed to have some privacy-we don´t know Michael´s feelings for Lisa in the end.
Maybe they loved each other but were too stubborn to admit it,maybe not.
I´m glad she was at his side after the first allegations.

I don't agree. I believe they loved each other but Michael needed someone who was going to stand by him through good times and bad and support him 100%. Lisa was not that person. They were probably better as friends and married too fast. Even after the divorce what she did was wrong. She had a choice in how she talked about Michael and she chose the nasty way especially in a dark time for him in the trial. He never did that too her and that shows he showed her some respect. They were not the first celebrity to get dovorced and they won't be the last. The best thing in his life were his children and I am glad he had that happiness they gave him.

I just want to say that I don't hate her. I just hated how she acted after the divorce publically. It didn't help at all with what Michael was going through at the time.

Last edited:
I guess there are scores of topics about this subject on this forum lol
And NO, i don't think LMP was the best thing ever after Michael's mother. She's a weak and selfish woman who no doubt fell in love with him but was always concerning only of herself. I like Lisa but i really don't think she was a good for him. She needs an ordinary guy who would fuss with her.
I could never understand all her words about him especially about him and "that boy in the room". I could never imagine Michael says so much weird things publically about his beloved woman.
IMO

I believe Michael cared for Lisa but there was too much conflict between them to truely be happy together..

I kinda saw it as the areas they should have been alike they were different and the areas that needed to be different were alike.. Created a fire!!

Pace said:

Just Lisa knows the truth now, what really happened in the marriage and why it was so brief. The pictures of both are beautiful but nobody can say what existed behind all that smiles. Were they genuinely happy?
I don´t believe much in the story that Michael loved her until the end. Lisa herself said that she was obsessed with him, so if she wanted him so badly why didn´t he came back to her, if he felt the same? I don´t think that Michael was a masochist - loving her so much but don´t accepting her because pride of anything else.
I don´t have reasons to doubting their marriage. I believe they loved each other at one point but I don´t believe in the stories that was the media, Priscila, etc that separate them. I understand that some fans want to blame other people for their breakdown, you can see it´s still hard for some of them that the marriage didn´t last...it´s more easy than blaming Michael or Lisa themselves. Therefore, some prefer to believe they loved each other until his death.
We don´t know if Michael really had someone in the last years of his life who could be more special than Lisa. Some even believe that Michael could be alive if she was still with him. Or not...Having someone special in our life cannot prevent a death. Unfortunately.

The best thing in Michael's life after his mother? That's easy to answer: his beautiful children.
About LMP: I am sure they were both madly in love. It was fun while it lasted. She wasn't the woman for him in the end and neither was he the man for her. They both moved on.

Don't you know that he didn't have Prince and Paris back then? Of course his children were the most important later. Actually they didn't move on like they should have been. As far as I know Michael never got over Lisa. He would have wanted Lisa to be his baby mama and everything. He was expecting everything from her. She was his whole private life.

He would have wanted Lisa to be his baby mama and everything. He was expecting everything from her. She was his whole private life.

unfortunately for Lisa it wasn't too long. after that she wanted to have a baby with him but he refused. that's the point.

Topflux;3563472 said:
Don't you know that he didn't have Prince and Paris back then? Of course his children were the most important later. Actually they didn't move on like they should have been. As far as I know Michael never got over Lisa. He would have wanted Lisa to be his baby mama and everything. He was expecting everything from her. She was his whole private life.

How can you be so sure? Why didn´t he have Blanket with Lisa, then? Nothing against that...but there´s no proof she was his World.

Obviously I don't know what went on in their lives but I do know that Michael and Lisa never looked happier than when they were together.

Obviously I don't know what went on in their lives but I do know that Michael and Lisa never looked happier than when they were together.

I think the biggest reason was HIStory Tour. When Lisa heard the tour plans she didn't like it. Michael wanted children during the tour so he could raise them right after and Lisa didn't want it like that.

Don't you know that he didn't have Prince and Paris back then?
Of course I know he didn't have his kids back then! You started the thread with "I think Lisa Marie was the best thing ever after his mother". I simply beg to differ. I think that it's the children who are the best thing ever after his mother

As far as I know Michael never got over Lisa. ... She was his whole private life.
How do you know? Did Michael tell you? Yes, he wanted to have children with her and yes, he did love her and yes, they still saw each other after their divorce. But love isn't always eternal. She didn't want to have his kids. On Oprah she said that when it came to this topic all she could think of were custody fights. Doesn't sound like thoughts from a "love of his life" to me...

He would have wanted Lisa to be his baby mama and everything.
How do you explain his marriage to his second wife? Unlike Lisa, Debbie Rowe actually is the mother of Prince and Paris. According to your train of thought, he must have loved Debbie even more because he wanted her to be the mother of his children. When he wanted a third child, he didn't go to Lisa, the so-called love of his life, either!

Lisa and Michael didn't work out. Do you really think that Michael stayed celibate (for over a decade) after he left Lisa for good? Do you really think there weren't any other women in his life only because we haven't heard anything about them in the press? Michael was a man who always got what he wanted. If he had wanted Lisa so much, he would have definitely got her back. But he didn't. He moved on. So did she!
I am not trying to belittle his marriage to Lisa. As I said before, I am sure he loved her very much. I just can't imagine Michael being the type of person to live in the past.

LadyinHisLife80;3563723 said:
How can you be so sure? Why didn´t he have Blanket with Lisa, then? Nothing against that...but there´s no proof she was his World.

I didn't really understand what you mean about Blanket. How could he have had Blanket with Lisa when Blanket was born very much later..? With Lisa it wasn't all about children but when it became clear there won't be any with Lisa, Michael just thought other ways to have children. IMO it was all good in the end, even thou it ended a bit early now. In 2000's Michael was really searching ways for the rest of his life and the children were his sunshine in the darkness. I liked the way his private life went after he was vindicated so I was really sad especially how 02 ended it all. Without those huge plans he would be here with his kids laughing and playing like he used to. Children became his route to share love and he didn't need any romances. Of course it's always better to have a loving mom and especially Michael knew that but he also knew it's all possible if the other parent isn't that caring or taking part how one should have been.

Of course I know he didn't have his kids back then! You started the thread with "I think Lisa Marie was the best thing ever after his mother". I simply beg to differ. I think that it's the children who are the best thing ever after his mother

I think there's a misunderstanding here. I meant of course AT THAT TIME it was like that. When he was with Lisa. I didn't mean if you look his whole life now when he's gone! If you look his whole life 1958-2009, there are tons of things that are better or more important than Lisa was.

It seems I can"t stay away from Lisa thread...:)
The best thing in his life ? I hope not. She was spoiled, bitter and selfish woman and after their divorce she did nothing but drag his name through dirt. That is the thing I can NEVER forget no matter what happened .
She should keep her mouth shut. I have no respect for her.
After all these years she is pretending to be his widow. Why ? Because of her new album coming out in 2012.
Does anybody listens to that ?! She even moved in a house near Katherine and PPB.
That is sick. Too late. She had her chance and she blew it big time. All I can think of when I see Lisa - is pathetic.
Never liked her. Never will.

Topflux;3565773 said:
I didn't really understand what you mean about Blanket. How could he have had Blanket with Lisa when Blanket was born very much later..? With Lisa it wasn't all about children but when it became clear there won't be any with Lisa, Michael just thought other ways to have children. IMO it was all good in the end, even thou it ended a bit early now. In 2000's Michael was really searching ways for the rest of his life and the children were his sunshine in the darkness. I liked the way his private life went after he was vindicated so I was really sad especially how 02 ended it all. Without those huge plans he would be here with his kids laughing and playing like he used to. Children became his route to share love and he didn't need any romances. Of course it's always better to have a loving mom and especially Michael knew that but he also knew it's all possible if the other parent isn't that caring or taking part how one should have been.

I saw your answers to other members and I understood now that you´re talking about the time they were married. I confused with other members opinions, like Michael loved her until the end. It was in that case that he would have Blanket with Lisa, if he wanted.

Back