Siedah Garrett’s “The Answer’s Always Love” Fan-Funded Project/Tribute to Michael Jackson

MsCassieMollie

Proud Member
http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2011/12/prweb9057280.htm

Grammy-Winning And Oscar-Nominated Singer-Songwriter, Best Known for Co-Writing Michael Jackson’s Hit Song “Man In The Mirror”, Will Record New Collection of Songs Through Artistshare - Fans Will Have the Opportunity to Witness the Recording of a Tribute to Michael Jackson, Submit Original CD Cover Art, and Even Get a Chance to Perform on the Project - “For the first time, I’m coming up with the best songs I can write without the confines of a radio format or the restrictions of a record company having a say about what my music should sound like…It’s really quite liberating” –Siedah Garrett

New York, NY (PRWEB) December 24, 2011

Siedah Garrett, best known for co-writing Michael Jackson’s worldwide hit, Man In The Mirror, and dueting with Jackson on the hit single I Just Can’t Stop Loving You, will release a new collection of songs that she hopes will touch and inspire all who hear it. It will mark her first album offering as a solo artist since her rock-driven 2003 sophomore CD, Siedah. This new fan-funded ArtistShare project will consist of Siedah’s songs focusing on love --for self and for others-- as the one powerful element that can make the difference in our lives and in our world. Siedah says, “It's the dream of every songwriter to write lyrics and melodies that will be embraced by other people and possibly inspire them to be the best they can be.” The ArtistShare model gives her unprecedented artistic freedom, which she finds to be “liberating.” For the first time, fans will be able to join her in her new artistic journey, be able to witness the record come to life, and in some cases, even perform on the project. The project is dedicated to the spirit and message of Man In the Mirror; one song on the album will be a special tribute to Michael Jackson, in celebration of their extensive work relationship.

By participating in this project through ArtistShare, fans will witness the creative
process of this musical adventure through streamed video footage from the studio, and will also gain insight into the inspiration and creative songwriting process through regular updates. Siedah is inviting premium participants to perform part of a song on the album and receive credit as a performer on the CD (no experience necessary), receive a private performance or a benefit solo concert at the charity of their choice, attend the official CD release party hosted by a very special guest, or even attend a recording session. All participants will also have the opportunity to submit original artwork for a chance to have it featured on the CD cover or booklet.

Across her remarkable pop music career, Siedah has collaborated and worked with giants such as Quincy Jones, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Aretha Franklin, Ray Charles, Miles Davis, Al Jarreau, and Sergio Mendes. She has written songs that have been performed and/or recorded by Jennifer Hudson, Jamie Foxx, Sarah Vaughn, Sheena Easton, Patti Austin, Chaka Khan, Natalie Cole, Roberta Flack, Dionne Warwick, The Korrs, Barry White, Paula Abdul, will.i.am, Jordin Sparks, Vanessa Williams, Richard Elliot, The Freemasons, The Brand New Heavies, and Amy Grant, to name a few. She has supplied backup vocals for Donna Summer, Madonna, Wang Chung, The Commodores, Weather Report, Boz Scaggs, Santana, Johnny Mathis, and Jessica Simpson. Siedah's film soundtrack credits are quite extensive, including the Oscar-nominated Love You, I Do from Dreamgirls, and four songs in the 2011 blockbuster animated film Rio. Her duet with ex-Temptations member Dennis Edwards, Don't Look Any Further, is a classic R&B smash. She has also appeared in numerous television, feature film, and voiceover roles, and performed globally for televised audiences in the millions.

Entering its tenth year, ArtistShare, the originator of the fan-funded business model, continues to empower artists and allow fans to support and gain access to the creative process of their favorite artists. Since 2005, ArtistShare projects have won 6 Grammy awards and received 14 Grammy nominations.

Last edited:
Thank you MsCassieMollie..Siedah is one amazing lady and a great artist who has her name sealed in history with Michael Jackson.

Back