Mj fans help build the michael jackson music room at the gardner street school

qbee

Proud Member
HELP BUILD THE MICHAEL JACKSON MUSIC ROOM AT THE GARDNER STREET SCHOOL

Help us Continue Michael's legacy of Charitable Giving!
Help build the Michael Jackson Music Room at the Gardner St. ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
-- all Monies go DIRECTLY to the Gardner School Thank you!

Gardner St. Elementary School is in need of several items as they are in the process of establishing a Michael Jackson Music IQ Room. The main item that they need is a projector which costs $3000.00.

We met with Principal Kenneth Urbina at the School last week and promised him that the NYC fans will do the best we can to get this projector for the school. Once they have all the items they need, they will also have a small area in the back of the classroom set up as a Museum to honor Michael. We would appreciate any amount that you can donate to this project.

Please send your check or money order to (NO PAYPAL):

MICHAEL JACKSON MUSIC ROOM AT GARDNER STREET ELEMENTARY SCHOOL FUNDRAISING PROJECT
Gardner St. Elementary School
7450 Hawthorn Avenue
Hollywood, CA 90046

Attention: Marielena Armaginal

Phone: (323) 876-4710

PLEASE MAKE YOUR CHECKS or MONEY ORDERS OUT TO THE GARDNER SCHOOL MUSIC PROGRAM
No monies to be sent to admins of this project. If you have any questions, please contact mj4justice@gmail.com
Thank you in advance for making this a reality!

*** FOR INTERNATIONAL FANS, IF POSSIBLE COULD YOU PLEASE SEND A MONEY ORDER IN US DOLLARS DIRECTLY TO SCHOOL AT ADDRESS ABOVE***

Check out the Facebook Group Event Page for MORE INFO
http://www.facebook.com/events/211721955573945/

Chalkboard Michael signed when Michael Jackson Auditorim was dedicated in his honor

NYC Fans with Principal Kenneth Urbina

Thank you for this information.
The Gardner School Michael Jackson Music IQ Room will be a very
tangible Michael Jackson Memorial, and I will be sending in a donation.
Merry Christmas everyone. :flowers:

After what they did to mj. id rather give it to ppl who give a dam about mj and arent just jumping on the bandwaggon

After what they did to mj. id rather give it to ppl who give a dam about mj and arent just jumping on the bandwaggon
I understand your feeling but I dont know if they are the same people as it was at the time though.

That being said, I'd feel uncomfortable at giving money to a school in the US, when so many people are still struggling in the world to simply stay alive. That's just me.

I wonder if this is something that the estate would get involved with...maybe use it as a "charitable" donation??

Waw good news. This year when I was in LA a staff member showed me the signature posted above. I took a picture of it as well. I will certainly contribute to this cause.

Ben I understand your point. Since the school removed the covering over Michael's name I have been giving them a donation for school supplies each year. I visited the school twice. Some people in the world need food and others need supplies. Some need clothes and others need protection. Some need kind words while others need shelter, and so on. There is much good to be done in the world, so I understand your choice to chose that which you see as more important.

Last edited:
Im very sad you feel that way. I think maybe you are not aware of the FACTS.
You are mistaken and must not have been around or paid any attention when we all rallied together to have The cover removed from Michael's name. The school is not jumping on any bandwagon. It is MJ fans that reached out to the school and have been helping to support these students in Michael's honor for the past couple years. These students nor the principle were not in any way responsible for MJs name being covered up. In fact Principle Urbina and his students were very instrumental in helping to getting the school board to uncover Michael's name.

Principle Urbina and students Celebrate Michael Jackson's name being uncovered
GardnerStAuditoriumPrincipalStudents.jpg

Michael would be very honored to help these students and have a music room in his honor. This means his legacy will be passed to all children who attend Gardner Elementary and they will also learn and be greatful that through his fans Michael is still generously giving to them. This is what Michael fans do to honor and continue his legacy ... We just cant be selfish, petty or vindictive in Michael's name.

This schoold is not rich and most the children are from lower income families. We gladly help them
and show them Just who Michael Jackson was and what he stood for and still does though us his fans

I understand your point. Since the school removed the covering over Michael's name I have been giving them a donation for school supplies each year. I visited the school twice. Some people in the world need food and others need supplies. Some need clothes and others need protection. Some need kind words while others need shelter, and so on. There is much good to be done in the world, so I understand your choice to chose that which you see as more important.

I understand but it still seems to me that most of the projects in Michaels name are US focused. I'm not trying to argue, or criticizing anything, but again it bugs me to send donations to what is supposed to be the richest country in the world; like it would make me ill at ease if it was in Europe. Not that there are no poor people there but a music room seems very futile compared to food and vaccines to keep children alive. In my very humble opinion, Michael never asked for shrines, he begged us to change the world and help children. Now of course, if we were all millionaires, it would be different. But since we will probably have to choose where eventual donations go... Charity doesnt begin at home, it begins where it's most needed. Just me.

No offense to anyone.

Last edited:
Im very sad you feel that way. I think maybe you are not aware of the FACTS.
You are mistaken and must not have been around or paid any attention when we all rallied together to have The cover removed from Michael's name. The school is not jumping on any bandwagon. It is MJ fans that reached out to the school and have been helping to support these students in Michael's honor for the past couple years. These students nor the principle were not in any way responsible for MJs name being covered up. In fact Principle Urbina and his students were very instrumental in helping to getting the school board to uncover Michael's name.

Principle Urbina and students Celebrate Michael Jackson's name being uncovered
GardnerStAuditoriumPrincipalStudents.jpg

Michael would be very honored to help these students and have a music room in his honor. This means his legacy will be passed to all children who attend Gardner Elementary and they will also learn and be greatful that through his fans Michael is still generously giving to them. This is what Michael fans do to honor and continue his legacy ... We just cant be selfish, petty or vindictive in Michael's name.

This schoold is not rich and most the children are from lower income families. We gladly help them
and show them Just who Michael Jackson was and what he stood for and still does though us his fans

The fact that Michael Jackson name was covered and that it took his death to finally get it uncovered with the help of MJ fans, alone says a lot.

Having said that, I think it would be great, though my feelings are more similar to Ben's on this issue, with people, little children and even babies dying daily of malnutrition, I'm very uncomfortable giving a school in the US money, when I know the same money could be used to save people's lives in other parts of the world.

The fact that Michael Jackson name was covered and that it took his death to finally get it uncovered with the help of MJ fans, alone says a lot.

Having said that, I think it would be great, though my feelings are more similar to Ben's on this issue, with people, little children and even babies dying daily of malnutrition, I'm very uncomfortable giving a school in the US money, when I know the same money could be used to save people's lives in other parts of the world.

Well MJ fans also support other charities to help feed hungry children. There is a MJ team giving to UNICEF for the horn of Africa. but I dont think that in any way says this is not a worthy cause also. US schools budgets are cut very low and they rely on contributions for music programs and such for the children. MJ gave to many causes including make a wish to bring children joy. But I do understand your feelings. I just dont want people to think this is frivilous. Its not

I wouldnt call it frivolous, just not an emergency. As far as I know education is not a priority in lots of western countries. I work in a school, in a very poor neighborhood, and I wouldnt give them any money either, because I believe that's what my taxes should be used for.
Again, if I didnt have to make a choice as to where the money I can spare goes, I would gladly donate. But until then, I'd rather focus on urgent issues, because one team donating to UNICEF is far from enough.

It´s nice with a Michael Jackson music room,but what about his message about peace,love and equality?
Will they discuss those things too?
Anyway I feel there are only a few who will have access to the room.

Michael talked and sang over and over again about children dying and he wrote help me, help the children.
In children I include animals too.
It´s not always possible to donate in Michael´s name but I can make a difference for some people and animals.

**sigh** Is the Gardner Music Room the ONLY project/charity you've heard of since MJ's passing?

MJ fan community raised money for Africa, Haiti, Japan in 2011....

You can never please everyone. MJ knew this first hand....

I think a MJ Music Room at Gardner is a great idea. I will definitely support it...Like Paris said in her Ellen interview, it's not all about academia, kids need other ways to express themselves &
develop new talents

It's not about pleasing someone. I believe those who want to donate to this project can do it, even if others dont.

The school only uncovered his name after protests.back in 03 they said they would uncover it when he was aquitted. never happened. ontop of the good ole innocent until provern guilty mantra. they then jumped on the bandwagon post 09. each to their own but imo theres far more deserving groups out there. especially ones that didn't
kick mj when he was down

Well, the new principal wasn't there in 1993....

And he was very gracious during the many discussions to get the name uncovered.

Well, the new principal wasn't there in 1993....

And he was very gracious during the many discussions to get the name uncovered.

Meme I AGREE. I always feel that especially when it comes to Michael, we should acknowledge those who help in bringing Justice to his name.

We need to remember that there are different types of giving. Some people only give for food/shelter/medical and that is OK. What is bad is scoffing or belittling those who engage in other types of giving, or belittling the giving itself.

The issue is that a school wants a music room in honor of Michael. They need money for technology. Will the kids use the room--YES. Does the school have the money--NO. Those who want to give should do so, and those who do not want to give should not. I visited that school and you should see how happy they are when you give them a donation for supplies. Giving to this cause does not mean you cannot give to help in Africa, or the poor in America, England, etc.

Well, the new principal wasn't there in 1993....And he was very gracious during the many discussions to get the name uncovered.
03? yeah thats true but its still the same school the same building. what happened happened there and will always be remembered regardless of who was incharge at that time and the ppl whos kids went there at that time and wanted it covered up.the new principle left it covered up until fans took action.now they except our money in michaels name when before they wouldnt even show mjs name. it will always leave a bitter taste.money would be better at roosevelt

03? yeah thats true but its still the same school the same building. what happened happened there and will always be remembered regardless of who was incharge at that time and the ppl whos kids went there at that time and wanted it covered up.the new principle left it covered up until fans took action.now they except our money in michaels name when before they wouldnt even show mjs name. it will always leave a bitter taste.money would be better at roosevelt

To be honest, Urbina did all he could to have it uncovered when he was contacted, but it wasnt up to him to make the decision, that's why it took so long. The actual parents were in favor of having it uncovered too.
But I see what you mean.

You cant be angry at a building and you cant blame the new parents and priniciple for what people did in the past. Well you can but it seem unreasonable. The new principle did not keep the name covered it was not in his power to remove it. He is the one along with the PTA and MJ fans that petitioned the district school board to have the name removed. They all worked togther to make this a reality and they were all happy and proud to have Michael's name restored. We were all happy

Michael's name is on that Building and that has to stand for more than just brick and mortar. What kind of message
would we be sending to the world or the children about him if we just ignored that. It has to stand for something.

Im sorry you feel bitter :better: but you are out nothing.. They will except the Money from generous fans of Michael who care More about the CHILDREN there than all the arguments you can present. MJ Fans along with the Gardner school worked hard together to get Michael's name uncovered and now they have an ungoing relationship for the benefit of the CHILDREN.

Now You know in your heart the CHILDREN are the MOST important to Michael and they will always trump any argument you have to offer. I hope you have a change of heart but. Regardless Michael's fans will continue to help these CHILDREN in his honor. No one is forcing you or anyone to care about this initiative or help the CHILDREN of Gardner Elementary.
I hope you can find a charity or initiative you can care about and support.-maybe Make a donation to Roosevelt :)

Please send your check or money order to (NO PAYPAL):

MICHAEL JACKSON MUSIC ROOM AT GARDNER STREET ELEMENTARY SCHOOL FUNDRAISING PROJECT
Gardner St. Elementary School
7450 Hawthorn Avenue
Hollywood, CA 90046

Attention: Marielena Armaginal

Isn't it only about what they have done in the past? Michael never held a grudge against anyone. He just didn't forget. And he tried to teach them something. Isn't that what we as Michaels army of love should be all about? To not judge these people on what they thought (and were told by the press) back in '03. But to educate them about Michael, to tell them the truth and most of all, to tell them what Michael stood for and what he wanted for the world.

Even if there are still people at that school who wanted the sign covered up. Maybe by learning from the stories from the fans who arranged this, they changed their minds. They learned new things about Michael which they never knew about. I hope that the music room will not only have the kids listen to his music, but also explain to them what his songs ment and what they were intended for.

Don't live in the past, live in the future. And the future we can change by educating people about Michael, to have his name attached to things he stood for and believed in.

Well MJ fans also support other charities to help feed hungry children. There is a MJ team giving to UNICEF for the horn of Africa. but I dont think that in any way says this is not a worthy cause also. US schools budgets are cut very low and they rely on contributions for music programs and such for the children. MJ gave to many causes including make a wish to bring children joy. But I do understand your feelings. I just dont want people to think this is frivilous. Its not

**sigh** Is the Gardner Music Room the ONLY project/charity you've heard of since MJ's passing?

MJ fan community raised money for Africa, Haiti, Japan in 2011....

You can never please everyone. MJ knew this first hand....

I think a MJ Music Room at Gardner is a great idea. I will definitely support it...Like Paris said in her Ellen interview, it's not all about academia, kids need other ways to express themselves &
develop new talents
I agree with the both of you. This is another type of healing Michael advocated for. Many of these children never realize their full potential or aspirations simply because of the lack of access to adequate art funded programs as a result of their economic background. Michael came from such a background and was very very blessed to have realized his dream despite the problems often encountered. So many of these kids live to only realize their dreams, and a music program would definitely heal them in a sense that they would have some sort of distraction from the problems they face at home and actually make something of themselves for tommorrow. That said , I definitely support this. I always hoped that Michael would have gotten the chance to operate his own Arts and Music school especially for the disadvantaged children.

Last edited:
Nice idea, but for another school!! I don't respect that school

Hard one. I really don't like this school after what they did and to come now and act like they somehow love and respect Michael just seems wrong. At the same time, you want people to do things like this, even those who were wrong before....

^^It was not the school that covered up the name, but the district and parents from the past. Some of you need to read about the uncovering where you will learn that the current students did not even know why the sign was there and some of them are Michael fans too. Please try to give to show people that doing the right thing has rewards attached to it. Michael used to pay the salary of the music teacher in this school if I am not mistaken. Remember it is about little kids. The kids know we are helping them. TMez also spoke to the students and told them a little about Michael.

Back