"POP REGALIA -The Style of Michael Jackson" an ART Book dedicated to Dennis Thompkins

qbee

Proud Member
Im so excited. This is something I have been waiting for a long time now. I have made several requests for such a book on Michael Bush's face book page and now Im so suprised and happy that a book about designs and making of Michael Historical costumes and wardrobe is now a reality. This needed to be written for Michael's Legacy and for posperity.

"POP REGALIA -The Style of Michael Jackson" an art book
dedicated to the memory of Michael’s costume designer Dennis Tompkins.

Michael Lee Bush

thank you all for the kind words with the passing of Dennis Tompkins I'm pround to announce "POP REGALIA-The Style of Michael Jackson" an art book dedicated to the memory of Dennis..... it will be a behind the scenes look at the art form of designing and tailoring of Michael's costumes from our time working with The King of Pop. It will be kinda like your personal museum of his clothing. A visual feast for the eyes!!!! Fasten your seatbelts!!!!!!!! look for the upcoming page here on facebook.....

Re: "POP REGALIA -The Style of Michael Jackson" an ART Book

Really looking forward to this. I hope it will be 'encyclopaedic' in coverage with LOTS of pictures! Thank you in anticipation, Mr Bush, and I am only sorry that Dennis is not here to see this wonderful project come to fruition.

Re: "POP REGALIA -The Style of Michael Jackson" an ART Book

Oh this is PERFECT! :happy: I like Michael Bush and Thank him so much for this.

Michael is THE style icon :heart:

I will gladly pass...as far as I am concerned, he can do what I told Frank Cascio to do with his book, which is to shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

And people wonder why these fools keep exploiting MJ's name.

I'd buy a 100 Man in the Music...before I give my money to Bush or Cascio...or Jermaine..or Latoya.....or any other nutjobs who think releasing a book exploiting their connection to MJ is all they need to fill their pockets.

Last edited:
Apart from subject what makes this book different from Man In The Music?? It's no doubt going to be positive so why slate it before it's even been written?!

It's a positive f**king book for crying out loud!!!!

.I will gladly pass...as far as I am concerned, he can do what I told Frank Cascio to do wtih his book, which is to shove it where the sun doesn't shine.And people wonder why these fools keep exploiting MJ's name.... That's why.I'd buy a 100 Man in the Music...before I give my money to Bush or Cascio...or Jermaine..or Latoya.....or any other nutjobs who think releasing a book exploiting their connection to MJ is all they need to fill their pockets.
true but u dont need to buy it to see the pics and hear the stories.its an intresting book interms of what its about. makes u wonder if denis didnt want to do this book cause whys bush anouncing it so quick

Apart from subject what makes this book different from Man In The Music?? It's no doubt going to be positive so why slate it before it's even been written?!

It's a positive f**king book for crying out loud!!!!

I wouldn't support anything Dennis, Tompkins, Faye do even if they wrote about MJ in the most glorious way.

true but u dont need to buy it to see the pics and hear the stories.its an intresting book interms of what its about. makes u wonder if denis didnt want to do this book cause whys bush anouncing it so quick

I guess you have a point...and most probably it will go in the same dumpster along side Latoya's & Cascio's.

I wouldn't support anything Dennis, Tompkins, Faye do even if they wrote about MJ in the most glorious way.

I guess you have a point...and most probably it will go in the same dumpster along side Latoya's & Cascio's.

So what you suggest is that we should stop buying EVERYTHING thta is about Michael so ppl stop making money on his name ??? stop buying books, memorabilia, cds, and so on no matter if is possitive or negative?
Everything that makes money with Michael's name is bad???? :mello:
I am sorry that is not only unreasonable, but also unrealistic and just not how world works.

In the other hand I am very happy about this book! Michael was a Fashion Icon and I loved how he dressed! I am dying to know what inspired him and where he got his fashion ideas!

Now this is a book I will look forward to, all the history of the costumes throughout the years.

I was irked at both of them when they sold the Thriller jacket, but after Dennis Thompkins passed away, I've wondered whether it was due to personal problems or money issues. Does anyone know if Dennis was ill for a while, and needed the money for himself or his family? I'm willing to give him the benefit of doubt.

This is a book I'd love to see, but as always will wait for reviews and the promotion of the book.

I think it is very important work for Michael's costumer to chronicle his work with MJ. I don't find it exploitative at all. Historians in later time will be thrilled to have a first-person work like that from which to study Michael's life. Much better than a secondary source......

I will gladly pass...as far as I am concerned, he can do what I told Frank Cascio to do with his book, which is to shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

And people wonder why these fools keep exploiting MJ's name.

I'd buy a 100 Man in the Music...before I give my money to Bush or Cascio...or Jermaine..or Latoya.....or any other nutjobs who think releasing a book exploiting their connection to MJ is all they need to fill their pockets.

It's your right not to buy the book but you could avoid using some terms that you do.

51CdvK-lb7L._SS500_.jpg

Here is a dazzling style exploration of the King of Pop. Every visual aspect of Michael Jackson is shown. The result is a stunning photographic feast spanning nearly half a century. From his makeover as a little boy in the Jackson 5 at Motown, his early TV appearances and Saturday morning cartoon. His album images from Off the Wall to Thriller to Invincible and the outfits from all his record breaking World tours The origins of the crystal glove and the white socks. Working with stylist Rushka Bergman and designers Andre Kim and Andre van Pier as well as Balmain and Givenchy. How his dancing and clothing style has influenced other artists including Justin Timberlake, Beyonce.

Looking forward to it. The arrival at court for example were the only brief glimpses of those magnificent outfits created for Michael. You don't see William Morris style tapestry on a man's arm (armband) everyday...

This book will find a loving home right next to Bruce Swedien's "In the Studio with Michael Jackson" and "Man in the Music".
Can't wait!

Looking forward to it. The arrival at court for example were the only brief glimpses of those magnificent outfits created for Michael. You don't see William Morris style tapestry on a man's arm (armband) every day...

This book will find a loving home right next to Bruce Swedien's "In the Studio with Michael Jackson" and "Man in the Music".
Can't wait!

qbee;3567188 said:
Im so excited. This is something I have been waiting for a long time now. I have made several requests for such a book on Michael Bush's face book page and now Im so suprised and happy that a book about designs and making of Michael Historical costumes and wardrobe is now a reality. This needed to be written for Michael's Legacy and for posperity.

Hehehe, sounds like you got a Christmas wish fulfilled! :D

I happen to think that personal issues between people are full and valid- and in this case I simply would love the documentation of a huge aspect of Michael. No more, and no less. Did Michael just say "please gimme a suit", or did how did these outfits come to be?
Same with all the HIStory tour jackets.
Just loving the thought that this will get chronicled by those who did it.

Last edited:
qbee;3567188 said:

This is exciting. I can't wait to read about the creativity behind the design of Michael's costumes. Thank you for posting this qbee. :angel:

As i remember Karen Faye and Michael Bush always blamed everybody who produced a books about MJ after his death. Karen told about it repeatedly
Anyway I'd like to look through this book

Last edited:
Am looking forward to this book. I'm always fascinated by the jackets worn by Michael in the Dangerous and HIStory era.

Thanks Qbee for posting.

I would love to read it and look at the pictures, and read stories about how his outfits came to be. I think that would be a really interesting read. :)

:yay: :yay: :yay:

I'm a librarian completely in love with Michael Jackson, so bring on this wonderful book. I must also see the forthcoming "Michael Jackson Style" by Stacy Appel.

While some books about our MJ are most certainly better than others, each one provides a unique perspective of a man who was, is and always will be...a treasure.

I hope there are hand written notes on what he wanted and how he wanted it and change this or that.

As long as this book is about MJ's style, and no gossip about his personal/private life, I'll buy it. First, I'll wait for fans reviews. Man In The Music is about his music, this book will be about his style. Wonderful!

51CdvK-lb7L._SS500_.jpg

Here is a dazzling style exploration of the King of Pop. Every visual aspect of Michael Jackson is shown. The result is a stunning photographic feast spanning nearly half a century. From his makeover as a little boy in the Jackson 5 at Motown, his early TV appearances and Saturday morning cartoon. His album images from Off the Wall to Thriller to Invincible and the outfits from all his record breaking World tours The origins of the crystal glove and the white socks. Working with stylist Rushka Bergman and designers Andre Kim and Andre van Pier as well as Balmain and Givenchy. How his dancing and clothing style has influenced other artists including Justin Timberlake, Beyonce.

Beautiful picture! :heart:

As long as this book is about MJ's style, and no gossip about his personal/private life, I'll buy it. First, I'll wait for fans reviews. Man In The Music is about his music, this book will be about his style. Wonderful!

Me too. -_-

This interests me a lot. People should know what inspired Michael to wear what he did. There are lots of books of style of other stars too.

51CdvK-lb7L._SS500_.jpg

What a beautiful picture! :love:

I'm excited about his book as well! :)

It sounds like a pleasant enough project, BUT -

I always have to ask myself, "why didn't this project come out when Michael was alive?"

Unlike Jermaine's book and/or Casico's book, which I don't believe would have EVER come out if Michael was still here, this project is different and could have been done years ago.

I don't know, I guess, speaking for myself, I'm just leery at ALL of the "projects" that have come out since Michael's passing. I'm looking at ALL of them with a "side-eye" and a "raised eyebrow." LOL!

As long as its not some cheap tell all books about michael's privacy, and its done tastefully, I am fine with it. But plz no more I am Michael's 'hero' 'BBF' 'closest' 'mastermind' 'knew it all' bs

Back