Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour ~ The O2 Performance ~ October 12th, 2012

MJ TinkerBell

Proud Member
Where Michael IS..Is where you will find Me <3
Country
Canada
Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour European dates begin October 2012
Premiere performance at London's O2 Arena on October 12

MONTREAL, Jan. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - The Estate of Michael Jackson and Cirque du Soleil announced today that the European tour of Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour&#8482; will begin in October 2012 following its highly successful North American tour, which has thrilled more than 600,000 people since the October 2011 World Premiere in Montreal. This once-in-a-lifetime electrifying production combines the excitement and innovation of Michael Jackson's music and choreography with Cirque du Soleil's unparalleled creativity to give fans worldwide a unique view into the spirit, passion and heart of the artistic genius who forever transformed global pop culture. Written and directed by Jamie King, the show includes more than 60 international dancers, musicians and acrobats.

The European tour of Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour will premiere in London at the O2 Arena on October 12, 2012 with a charity benefit as part of the opening night festivities. The tour will then travel to select cities in Germany, Austria, Denmark, Finland, Sweden and Spain. Additional cities and dates will be announced in the coming months.

A riveting fusion of visuals, dance, music and fantasy that immerses audiences in Michael's creative world and literally turns his signature moves upside down, Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour unfolds Michael Jackson's artistry before the eyes of the audience. Aimed at lifelong fans as well as those experiencing Michael's creative genius for the first time, the show captures the essence, soul and inspiration of the King of Pop, celebrating a legacy that continues to transcend generations.

THE IMMORTAL World Tour takes place in a fantastical realm where we discover Michael's inspirational wellspring of creativity. The secrets of Michael's inner world are unlocked&#8212;his love of music and dance, fairy tale and magic, and the fragile beauty of nature.

The underpinnings of THE IMMORTAL World Tour are Michael Jackson's powerful, inspirational music and lyrics&#8212;the driving force behind the show&#8212;brought to life in Michael's own voice backed by some of the very musicians who accompanied him in concert with extraordinary power and breathless intensity. Through unforgettable performances Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour underscores Michael's global messages of love, peace and unity. This innovative reimagining of Michael's music, overseen by musical designer Kevin Antunes, can be found on the Epic Records release Immortal both in single disc and deluxe double disc.

Writer and Director Jamie King is a multiple Emmy Award® and MTV Video Music Award® nominee and has choreographed some of the most popular music videos and directed some of the highest-grossing concert tours of all time. For the past 12 years, he has served as Madonna's creative director, and most recently directed world tours for Rihanna, Celine Dion, Spice Girls and Britney Spears. King has worked with an array of superstars including Ricky Martin, Christina Aguilera, Mariah Carey, Shakira, George Michael, Elton John, Diana Ross and Jennifer Lopez. This is Jamie's first show with Cirque du Soleil.

image.jpg

The Sources:
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...opean-dates-begin-october-2012-138309599.html

www.cirquedusoleil.com/michaeljackson

Last edited:
At least you guys from Europe will be happy.

which tickets are the best? i want somewhere near the stage is it "level 1" or "floor seating"
please advise?

Has the presale sold out already? I'm in a really annoying position; i'm hoping to go back to Uni and do my PGCE (teacher training) in Sept so would be away and bogged down with work then. May have to leave it :(

Do we think we can bring camera's? I'd love to capture some of the magic

^ I think they will be allowed, there's lots of youtube & video clips taken from phones and camera's :)

Oh that's a real shame, but we may find different ;)

Do we think we can bring camera's? I'd love to capture some of the magic

i would think so. normal non professional cameras are normally ok. considering the amount of pics/footage on the net there doesnt seem to be a no camera policy for the entire tour so it will be more about the venue policy which for 99% of places is non professional camera only. ie no cameras with detachable lenses.

theres enough footage on utube etc from the 02 to suggest cameras are allowed inside.

the link above saying no cameras is from a random cirque show and venue so not relelvent to this

i would think so. normal non professional cameras are normally ok. considering the amount of pics/footage on the net there doesnt seem to be a no camera policy for the entire tour so it will be more about the venue policy which for 99% of places is non professional camera only. ie no cameras with detachable lenses.

theres enough footage on utube etc from the 02 to suggest cameras are allowed inside.

the link above saying no cameras is from a random cirque show and venue so not relelvent to this

No, All cameras are banned.

The clips you see on youtube were probably filmed with a phone.

Cirque is very strict about the no camera rule...no just for MJ's show. ALL their shows.

So I'll be able to bring my Phone in and record with that?

Glad to be going on opening night but I know I am going to want to go again! :mello:

Last edited:

^^Before the show they made an announcement that cameras/flashes were not allowed because they distract the actors and can be dangerous to them. These people are on poles are we do not want them to lose their concentration and fall and hurt themselves. People do sneak cameras in and take shots, but my guess is that if they catch you, they will have something to say about it.

I guess if u want to get away with taking pics. then u need to turn the flash off

I guess if u want to get away with taking pics. then u need to turn the flash off

I'm always astounded by the people who use their flash in circumstances like that anyway because a flash is COMPLETELY INEFFECTIVE when you're so far away from the subject in a big arena!!
Turn the flash off and your pics will come out just the same or even better than if you'd used the flash because there'll be no stray light bouncing off the people in front of you!

Yeah thats very true. a flash tends to mess up pics when theres loads of lighting around.

I'm unsure. Can I actually film parts of the show with my phone? I don't want to get thrown out!

I worked for years for the company that do the security at the 02.The general rule is they wont do anything unless you are continuasly filming. and if its being filmed with a phone they are even less bothered as the quality isnt the best. u will only get thrown out if u dont stop filming when asked. just enjoy watching it instead of being bothered about filming all the time.

Last edited:
I was only going to film one or two songs and Ive emailed 02 so problem solved

You will be able to bring your camera as long as it is a non
professional one. The lens of your camera has to be less or no more than
35mm. A small digital camera which you can put in your pocket should be
absolutely fine.

Kind Regards,

Jean-Paul

Email is received from 02 customer services, we can bring our cameras! Good news,

Back