Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 312 Posts

Default Re: The Grammy's

Impressive numbers - after the awards - Grammys:

Kanye West has 18x

"Who are these artists?":
    Chick Corea - 18x
    Pat Metheny - 19x
    Alison Krauss - 27x (record with Quincy´s 27x)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,558 Times in 880 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MJsBollywoodGirl7 View Post
    Without Michael there almost every year. The Grammys are totally meaningless to me.
    Seriously. I wish it was February 28th, 1984 all over again

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhilo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 312 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rhilo View Post
    Seriously. I wish it was February 28th, 1984 all over again

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Moonwalker.Fan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Adele deserved every one of her wins, especially with her competition, her performance was great too, no gimmicks just her and a mic.

Adele's performance:

Whitney mentions:

Whitney Tribute:

Nicki Minaj:

Rihanna:

Coldplay and Rihanna:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

um that last comment..... I dont i was 4 years old then! Def not old enough to appreciate the moment...

Now As far as the show goes. I caught the ending of it, Now thats doesn't mean i didn't follow it. The Grammy's like MANY award shows follows a trend. It goes along with whatever may be popular at the time of year or just the time. The talent this year however left a odd aftertaste. I cant believe Lady G didn't win for Born This way? That is a powerful song, Now from what i seen of Nicki Minaj's performance... I have no words for how AWFUL it was.. I did manage to see a small amount of Chris Brown's performance but had to change the channel for a while... Despite what we think or want to see out of the Grammy's there is no way we can get what we want now. We all want them to be like they were when Michael was with us. Things cant stay the same.

Things change and so does the music and so do the ears we hear it with. It's sad we alter what we watch simply because one person isn't there anymore. We need to deal with this fact and move on. I know it will be hard to do but it must be done. Michael worked hard for what he earned, so do some of the other artists out there.

Blockhead for life

Thanks
    Thanked 5,998 Times in 1,771 Posts

I thought the show was boring to be honest. It's not the same anymore with Michael gone. I would always hoped he would show up over the years and be surprised. I only watched to see how they would deal with Whitney's death (sad) and so I watched. I think there are too many performances. It's like a concert not an award show. I remember when I was little that you would be on the egde of your seat to see who would win in the category and now they hardly give out awards on the show like 2 per hour.

I am glad Adele won. I thought she looked beautiful and classy. I have felt she has been so refreshing this past year. I am just tired of seeing the over the top get ups and lack of clothes etc. It should be about the music. I understand you want to make an impression but it gets old after awhile. The performance I thought was pretty good was Taylor Swift. Not a fan but I don't dislike her but she had a fierce approach to her song and I thought it was good. Nobody get mad but I couldn't understand Bruce Springsteen at all.

I think the Foo Fighters lead singer said something in his speech about working hard and not about computers and using your mind and heart. I can't remember what he said exactly but I appreciated hearing it. I am not sure if he was the one that talked about Michael once or another person in a good way.

Chris Brown umm I look at him and I don't see Michael at all. I am not bashing him but I don't see the comparison at all. He should do his own thing and he has his own style. I thought Bruno Mars reminded me of Michael a bit. He was good too.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,149 Times in 4,561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marebear View Post

I think the Foo Fighters lead singer said something in his speech about working hard and not about computers and using your mind and heart. I can't remember what he said exactly but I appreciated hearing it. I am not sure if he was the one that talked about Michael once or another person in a good way.
    Dave Grohl. He played drums on the "Michael" album.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,149 Times in 4,561 Posts

Last night's show (due to the Whitney tribute) became the second most viewed Grammys of all times:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...atings/119540/

Guess what's still first? 1984!

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...4-2011/119515/

So why did they choose to ignore Michael so much after 1984? Bad should have won a couple, as well as Dangerous.

Thanks

Am I the only one who felt Chris Brown was trying to channel Michael? I am not complaining but the jacket with the "B" reminded me of Michael's letterjacket with the "M" and did I see white tape on his fingers? the out fits on his backup dancers reminded me of the bats costumes from TIWT. Like I said I am not complaining. chris has made no secret that he loves Michael or maybe I just see Michael in everything! lol

Thanks

I don't give a damn about these award shows anymore.... Without Michael, there are not the same anymore.

I only like 3 performances - Bruno Mars, Adele and Jennifer Hudson. The rest, blah!

Thanks

Rihanna shoulda done Whitney's tribute instead, IMHO.

BTW - Who were the people on the tv screens at the end of Whitney's tribute?? I tried to recognize someone.

Thanks

The only good thing about this year grammys was Taylor Swift... Her performance was amazing and she deservedly won two grammys for her fantastic and inspirational song 'Mean'. She should have also won the grammy for the Best Country Album... Also, she looked stunning, miles better than Adele and the rest..

Thanks

So who were the people that were on the tv screens after whitney's tribute?? I'm confused.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,531 Times in 662 Posts

I only decided to watch for the Whitney tribute. I thought it was a pretty good show overall this time, with the exception of a few bad performances (Nicki Minaj *cough*). I'm happy for Adele. It would be nice if she could usher in great music into mainstream again. The fact that the crowd was cheering pretty hard after her performance tells me that people do want to listen to real music.
    "Girls want to see some cake."

My Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/edog85

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast