Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson And Akon Song Originally Intended For Whitney Houston

Thanks
    Thanked 3,025 Times in 1,171 Posts

Default Michael Jackson And Akon Song Originally Intended For Whitney Houston

Michael Jackson And Akon Song Originally Intended For Whitney Houston - Forbes
    INVESTING | 2/20/2012 @ 3:40PM

Weeks before Whitney Houston’s death, Grammy-nominated songwriter Claude Kelly stopped by the Forbes headquarters in New York and shared his thoughts on mashups, Miley Cyrus, Notorious B.I.G. and the business of songwriting.

In the interview, he told a fascinating story about how a song he’d written called “Hold My Hand” ended up being one of Michael Jackson’s last recordings. Kelly had penned the tune with Akon, originally creating it with Whitney Houston in mind. In the end, Akon liked the song so much that he decided to record it himself rather than giving it to Houston.

In 2008, Akon found himself in the studio with Michael Jackson–and decided to offer the song to The King of Pop as a duet. The two recorded the song together; a version would appear on Jackson’s posthumous album, Michael. Though the final product was a bit different than Kelly’s original tune, he was pleased with the end result.

“He’s my all-time favorite artist,” says Kelly of Jackson. “['Hold My Hand'] didn’t go No. 1, it didn’t match ‘Thriller,’ or anything else he’s done. But for me I can say I was one of the last people to have a song recored by Michael Jackson. That’s good enough.”

To hear the full story from Claude Kelly, see the video below — the part about “Hold My Hand” bouncing from Whitney Houston to Akon to Michael Jackson begins at 2:30.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MsCassieMollie For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Re: Michael Jackson And Akon Song Originally Intended For Whitney Houston

Is Akon a liar? I thought I heard him say he wrote Hold My Hand and was so excited to show Michael. I may have heard wrong, though.

Michael Jackson Forever

Thanks
    Thanked 17,564 Times in 4,607 Posts

Default Re: Michael Jackson And Akon Song Originally Intended For Whitney Houston

No Akon didnt Lie. He never said he wrote "Hold My Hand" and always gave credit to Claude Kelly. But Akon did say he was excited to show MJ the song becuase he felt MJ would like it and that it was a good song for them to record.
    Claude Kelly is credited on the song and Album as the writer.
    You know that L.O.V.E. survives
    * * * so we can Rock forever * * **

Blog Facebook Twitter Youtube Tumbler

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qbee For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It would be nice if Michael & Whitney did duet together when they were alive...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 491 Posts

Michael and Whitney singing 'Hold my hand' as a duet would have been awesome.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to soulmum For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,802 Times in 1,219 Posts

Everything is Whitney related now a days...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am going to say something I have never said before and this is the truth.I have no reason to lie to you and God knows I am telling the truth.I think all my success and fame and I have wanted it, I have wanted it because I wanted to be loved.That's all.That's the real truth.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to claudiadoina For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MsCassieMollie View Post
    It would be nice if Michael & Whitney did duet together when they were alive...

I read way before her passing that there is an unreleased mj song featuring Whitney: Days of the broken hearted.
    I also rembember the rumour that the Whitney song "I turn to you" was originally a duet with MJ and Whitney.

But if they really exist I don't know, but I hope so!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by qbee View Post
    No Akon didnt Lie. He never said he wrote "Hold My Hand" and always gave credit to Claude Kelly. But Akon did say he was excited to show MJ the song becuase he felt MJ would like it and that it was a good song for them to record.
    Claude Kelly is credited on the song and Album as the writer.
    Thanks for clearing that up for me, I thought I'd ask because I didn't want to go searching through the Making Of documentary for that one clip if it's even in there.

I figured I must have missed something when I read this because I always thought Akon wrote the song in like one day.

Michael Jackson Forever

Wasnt I Just Cant Stop Loving You originally intended to be a duet with Michael and Whitney?

Thanks

'Hold my hand' is a beautiful song, didn't know it was done with whitney in mind originally,

Quote Originally Posted by Stunna View Post
    Wasnt I Just Cant Stop Loving You originally intended to be a duet with Michael and Whitney?
    That is my belief too, also the blonde haired lady from Abba,(sorry don't know her name) they all turned it down, other commitments

Thanks

Agnetha Fältskog is her name, ..I googled blonde haired lady from Abba lol google is my friend today *phew*

Thanks

no offence to anyone but MJ did an awesome work on that song. so in my mind who it was intended for is irrelevant
    Michael, I love you now more then I can say and I'm sorry for everything in the past.........
    TWITTER : @maral4justice
    Everybody who is somebody defends Michaels innocents. Only nobody's accuse and make up lies or speculate!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to maral For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,018 Times in 510 Posts

If Michael and Whitney recorded Hold My Hand together, that would have been a beautiful sound to hear.

I do love the recording with Akon as he has a nice voice as well.

Help MJJC support Starlight Children's Foundation:

Major L.O.V.E. Prayer - August 25, 2014

If you wanna make the world a better place, Take a look at yourself and make that change" - Michael Jackson

Twitter: http://twitter.com/windy09ForPeace How will you change the world today?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to windy09 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I love this song with Akon but it would have been beautiful if Mike & Whitney performed this song together

Thanks

I think the only reason that there is no duet between both is because of Whitneys record company. And not just because of the allegation. As i remember right, they were against even in the late 80s.
    And knowing how the duets with Enrique and G. Michael were made, separate recorded, wonder why they didnt do any duet. If it was because of time, its possible as said above.
    Maybe there is something, but we never heard of it. but i doubt it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast