Lisa marie presley's first album in five years, storm and grace, scheduled for release on may 15

billyworld99

Proud Member
LISA MARIE PRESLEY'S

FIRST ALBUM IN FIVE YEARS, STORM AND GRACE,

SCHEDULED FOR RELEASE ON MAY 15, 2012

PRODUCED BY T BONE BURNETT, ALBUM MARKS HER UNIVERSAL REPUBLIC/XIX RECORDINGS DEBUT

On May 15, Lisa Marie Presley will release Storm and Grace - her first album in five years and her Universal Republic/XIX Recordings debut. Presley is managed by Simon Fuller, CEO and Founder of XIX Entertainment. The album was produced by 12-time GRAMMY® winner T Bone Burnett and recorded at The Village in Los Angeles. See below for track listing.

Storm and Grace is a marked departure from the hard-edged sound of Presley's earlier albums - 2003's RIAA Gold-certified To Whom It May Concern and 2005's Now What, both of which debuted in the Top 10 of The Billboard 200. The organic instrumentation of Storm and Grace reflects her Southern roots, from the ominous, swampy vibe of lead single "You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet" and "Sticks And Stones" to "Soften The Blows" and the achingly beautifultitle track, which evoke the ease of an impromptu back porch jam session.

Presley's smoldering alto is hypnotic in the rootsy opener "Over Me" as she reflects on being replaced in a lover's affections. While Storm and Grace offers an unflinching examination of life and love - beginning with her own shortcomings on "Un-Break" - there is a tender, consoling thread that runs throughout, pointing towards peace and reconciliation. "Weary" may concern a relationship that didn't work out, but it is suffused with a genuine warmth, as Presley sings: "I will always love you/you can move on, dear."

"Just over two years ago, I went to England to attempt to write another record after finding myself in a considerably disheartened and uninspired state creatively. Over an eight-month period, I wrote 30 songs. I was fortunate to be able to write with some incredible artists and singers such as Richard Hawley (from Pulp), Ed Harcourt, Sacha Skarbek and Fran Healy (from Travis), to name a few," recalls Lisa Marie Presley. "Nothing was planned or contrived in any way and out of it came a very organic record that was always inside of me and that I am incredibly proud of. It was a dream come true and such an honor when T Bone liked the songs and produced and played on the record."

"When songs from Lisa Marie Presley showed up at my door, I was curious. I wondered what the daughter of an American revolutionary music artist had to say. What I heard was honest, raw, unaffected and soulful. I thought her father would be proud of her. The more I listened to the songs, the deeper an artist I found her to be. Listening beyond the media static, Lisa Marie Presley is a Southern American folk music artist of great value," says T Bone Burnett.

"Her rich, smoky vocals evoke Sheryl Crow and occasionally bear traces of Courtney Love's ragged disaffection," said Entertainment Weekly of Presley's debut album, To Whom It May Concern, while the Los Angeles Times called the lead single, "Lights Out," "one of the most hauntingly personal songs" of the year. AllMusic.com praised Now What as "genuine...due largely to her willingness to lay herself bare in her music and lyrics." While it may differ sonically, Storm and Grace is equally revealing. The track listing is as follows:

Track Listing - Storm and Grace

1. Over Me

2. You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet

3. Weary

4. Close To The Edge

5. So Long

6. Un-Break

7. Soften The Blows

8. Storm Of Nails

9. How Do You Fly This Plane?

10. Sticks And Stones

11. Storm and Grace

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...op+Stories)&utm_content=My+Yahoo#.T2IoIMUvzZw

I tried to like her music but it just wasn't very good to me. Maybe this will be better?

I thought she said in interview with MJ in 1995 (was that Prime Time interview?) that she doesn't sing. I guess she changed mind in recent years.

"Weary" may concern a relationship that didn't work out, but it is suffused with a genuine warmth, as Presley sings: "I will always love you/you can move on, dear."

Can this one be about Michael ?! It sound's a little bit - at least for myself. We will see.

I knew a thread like this would bring all the haters out..

shoo shoo..let this thread be about this ALBUM not about how u hate her music. no one is asking if u liked her music.

I can't wait to hear this one..didn't pay much attention to a few of them. i actually really liked her first one.. loved it.

^^^Shouldn't be because she is apparently done discussing MJs name or even talking about him

LOL....I knew it too. Un-Break as in Unbreakable, You Ain't Seen Nothin Yet....MJ said this at his 45th birthday party. It's been about 16 years. Isn't it time that She Moves On, Dear?

^ But I remember her second album didn't sell as expected so she have been dropped by "Capitol Records"

I thought she said in interview with MJ in 1995 (was that Prime Time interview?) that she doesn't sing. I guess she changed mind in recent years.

She said she sang, but that she wasn't going to do a collab with Michael because she didn't "need" him to have her own music career.

@Travis I also tried to like her music. Failed.

@billyworld99 I like dark and angry, but her voice just does nothing for me.

I knew a thread like this would bring all the haters out..

shoo shoo..let this thread be about this ALBUM not about how u hate her music. no one is asking if u liked her music.

I can't wait to hear this one..didn't pay much attention to a few of them. i actually really liked her first one.. loved it.

Fascist much? Last time I Czeched differing opinions on the artist in question were permitted to be voiced. This thread is not a hub of adoration, and we are discussing the musician and her music. Some of us actually gave it a go and didn't find it suited us. Since it's been five years we wonder if the sound will be different. That is all.

Last edited:
She has an interesting voice, but she isn't a very good singer IMO. Having said that I found the lyrics for some of her songs on her past two albums interesting because there were definitely a lot of those about Michael. She never said this, but to me it's clear. If Adele's "21" is the ultimate scorned lover album then so are LMP's past two albums (especially the first one). I wonder if there will be something about Michael on this latest one as well - obviously in a much different tone than on the first two albums.

She has an interesting voice, but she isn't a very good singer IMO. Having said that I found the lyrics for some of her songs on her past two albums interesting because there were definitely a lot of those about Michael. She never said this, but to me it's clear. If Adele's "21" is the ultimate scorned lover album then so are LMP's past two albums (especially the first one). I wonder if there will be something about Michael on this latest one as well - obviously in a much different tone than on the first two albums.

Oh yes, the lyrics are good I think, as far as writing is concerned. Just her voice. I can't.

i love her writings but not her voice. and the some songs (from what i've heard) new album sound like they are about MJ. if she has finally come to her senses and left the church i applaud her. if true, wonder what mommy dearest thinks

It seems like rumours that LMP is out of Scientology might be true after all: http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runni...ology_lisa_marie_presley_aint_seen_nothin.php

I actually like this song. (thanks for posting the link, by the way. :) )

It was a long while ago when I tried to listen to her past stuff, and the songs and the way she sang them seemed so angry and filled with disgust. I couldn't enjoy them at all. But this, even though she is doing what seems to be her typical "calling people out" in her lyrics kind-of-song, has a very mature feel to it, perhaps due to the way she is now choosing to deliver her words through a more mellow, even voice. Yet, even so, it still comes off pointed, and a bit affecting. Her voice sounds good, to me. Very low, though, but that's a cool style.

Now I'm curious about her other new songs from this album, and how she will handle them. I sense true growth. Of course, it might just be seen in this one song. We'll see.

Lisa Marie sort of reminds me of that part in The King's Speech, when King George VI's speech therapist asks him, during a heated argument, "Why should anyone listen to you?" And the King before he even realizes what he's saying passionately responds with, "Because I have something to say!" and his therapist calmly responds, "Yes you do."

Lisa Marie has things to say, they are deep inside of her, and she has found an avenue in which to express them.

Last edited:
i love her writings but not her voice. and the some songs (from what i've heard) new album sound like they are about MJ. if she has finally come to her senses and left the church i applaud her. if true, wonder what mommy dearest thinks

Yes, there are two songs which seem to refer to Michael, because she says very similar things in them what she told Oprah about MJ. I think those songs aren't on the normal version of the album but only on the deluxe version with bonus tracks. Something like that. Of course, the tone about MJ is now much different than it was in her first (two) album(s).She basically says she was wrong. (One of the songs is even titled "I Was Wrong".)

"So Long" from the new album. It's strongly suspected to be a break-up song with Scientology! From this blog: http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runni...marie_presley_says_so_long_to_scientology.php

We turned once again to Jefferson Hawkins for his thoughts on the song. Hawkins was once responsible for selling Scientology to the masses, and knows a thing or two about media messages. He left the church in 2005 and wrote a book about his experiences. He's especially good at describing what Scientologists go through when they leave the church.

"Wow, that kind of says it all, doesn't it?" he said when I first showed him the lyrics.

[...]

"The honesty and the passion are clear, and it seems as though she's woken up," he says.

"It's what I would expect, having spent time with her," he goes on to explain. "Some people, when they leave Scientology, get very sad. Some get scared. But some, like me and apparently like Lisa, get fucking pissed. It has the same tone as my own thing, when I said publicly, show me a motherfucking 'Clear'."

[...]

I also pointed out a line that, to me, seems an obvious slap to the church: "Nothing's more clear than goodbye."

Beghe explained that many longtime Scientologists are being driven away from the church because of the way current leader David Miscavige has tinkered with L. Ron Hubbard's "technology" -- at one point telling advanced, longtime members that they would have to redo expensive levels of training and, essentially, go "clear" all over again. It made no sense to Beghe, he tells me, and started him on the road to breaking free. Many other veteran members now coming out of the church make the same complaint.

"A lot of people are waking up because of that thing," Beghe says. And then he added something that really surprised me.

"I also think Kirstie has one foot out the door. And Kirstie and Lisa are two hearts with one beat. They're close. They're good friends," he says.

We'll be paying attention as Lisa gives interviews this week. Will a reporter please ask her about these lyrics?

Just watched her perform on American Idol. She looks great (not a fan of the black dress though) but I didn't like the song. I've never really liked her singing voice particularly.

Lisa Marie Presley will perform "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet" on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" (5/21), "Jimmy Kimmel Live" (5/22).

She was asked about Scientology by one reporter:

Scientology: Kiwi Reporter Puts Lisa Marie Presley On the Spot
We got a message yesterday from Russell Baillie, entertainment editor of the New Zealand Herald, in Auckland.

Russell told us that he'd seen our articles, so when he had the opportunity to interview Presley this week, he asked her outright the question we've wanted to ask ourselves.

Here's the exchange he sent us, which this morning he published at the Herald's website:

So is it [about Scientology]?

"Right,'' she replies, gathering her thoughts. "Well sadly I am not discussing any kind of religion or politics while I am doing the promo.''

Well, I am asking about the specific song on the record you are promoting ...

"I understand. But I don't typically discuss what I, personally, am writing about in my songs. I don't discuss what I write about and I don't discuss religion or politics. So there you have me backed in a corner ...''

That, my friends, is what we in the business call a "non-denial denial."

I told Russell that it didn't surprise me that Lisa Marie would avoid answering. She has an album to sell, and her label probably doesn't want its launch to get caught up in questions about her former religion.

But my hat's off to Russell Baillie for doing what no American entertainment reporter has had the gumption to do, and ask her outright about what seems so obvious from her lyrics.

Back in this country, it's still business as usual, with the press fawning over Scientology's celebrities and rarely asking them tough questions about all the messes the church finds itself in these days.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/05/scientology_lisa_marie_presley_new_zealand.php

Back