Pepsi Partners With Michael Jackson Estate for Commemorative Packaging [Pepsi Promo /Can discussion]

marc_vivien

Proud Member
http://adage.com/article/news/pepsi-partners-michael-jackson-estate/233825/

Pepsi is paying homage to the King of Pop one more time.

The brand is working with Michael Jackson's estate to create a limited edition package featuring the singer, according to an executive close to the company. The package coincides with the 25th Anniversary of the "Bad" album, which was released on Aug. 31, 1987.

The package will be a 16 oz. can available in convenience stores and grocery stores around Memorial Day, according to Beverage Digest. The can, said to have a blue background with an image of Mr. Jackson dancing, is expected to cost 99 cents. Pepsi declined to comment.

Pepsi sponsored the 1988 Bad World Tour. The tour spanned 16 months, including 123 concerts in 15 countries attended by 4.4 million fans. When it concluded, it was the largest grossing tour in history and the tour with the largest audience.

The brand's relationship with Mr. Jackson dates back to 1984 and the "New Generation" campaign. Infamously, the singer's hair caught fire during a commercial shoot that was part of that campaign. Mr. Jackson appeared in a number of commercials for the brand over the years, performing versions of "Billie Jean" and "Bad," among other songs.

Pepsi has a long association with music but has been putting a particular emphasis on that area in the last year. It poured $60 million into a sponsorship of "X Factor," Simon Cowell's music competition, and featured the show's winner, Melanie Amaro, in a Super Bowl spot. The tagline for the ad, created by TBWA/Chiat/Day was "Where there's Pepsi, there's music."

Earlier this week, Pepsi confirmed to Ad Age its relationship with singer Nicki Minaj, who is said to be appearing in a new global campaign for the brand.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In November 2011, the estate filed a trademark application for 'King of Pop'.
http://www.trademarkia.com/king-of-pop-85475748.html

Last edited:
Re: Pepsi Partners With Michael Jackson Estate for Commemorative Packaging

Obviously has something to do with the promoting of Bad 25 :D

Ok that's pretty awesome and I'm excited for Bad 25 more than ever now. Why do I get the feeling the Estate is taking more time, and we will not be let down this time? :wild:

I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!

This album is gonna get heavy promotion and it will be great because new and younger generations will enjoy MJ !

Pepsi"s partnering with the Estate for special packaging to coinside with BAD25 Anniversary is a confirmation to me that album and BAD concert DVD is forth coming YEH ! :clap:

I'll get excited when I actually see and hear what they put out. I'm certainly looking forward to whatever they plan on releasing, but I'm not expecting much.

Look like the 25th anniversary of Bad going to be bigger then the 25th of Thrilller.

I hope they make this packaging all around, including Brazil, 'cause that's the only way i'm buying Pepsi instead of Coke! hahaha

please be worldwide :D

will it come to europe? ;)

Ooooooh I hope so!!!!!!!I want this!

I just CANT WAIT for the Bad 25 promotion and release!!!!!!!It's gonna be sooooo AWESOME!!!!!!!

They should make those promotions, like: with 5 packages+10 bucks= 1 Bad 25th T-shirt or something... it would be very cool

bad tour on dvd and blu ray please!!!!

I just CANT WAIT for the Bad 25 promotion and release!!!!!!!It's gonna be sooooo AWESOME!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Just cant wait !!!!

I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!

This album is gonna get heavy promotion and it will be great because new and younger generations will enjoy MJ !

This should be..., and if you remember..., Thriller25 had huge commercial sales... in the US, and it would top the chart, if it was allowed...

NOW, BAD 25 can be no.1 at the Billboard top 200, after 25 years...., but only fans can do that=buy the album!

TWYMMF-Pepsi-Presantiert-12inch.jpg

Love it, the buzz begins.

i follow pepsi just in case they reveal something sooner or later

We drink Pepsi in our house and I'm buying a big ol' box of these (if I can), but one can will not ever be opened, just stored away for future generations. :cheeky:

:woohoo: !!! can't wait !!! :shout:

Remember this isn't confirmation of specifics regarding an album and/or concert release. Here's hoping though.

I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Cool.... I feel as one with great sadness when I see all these cool things happening. I wish Michael was still here. :( *big sigh*

Sounds pretty cool..Thanks for the info

Sounds like a great idea, some people aren't even aware that Michael Jackson had a contract with Pepsi in the past. I really hope this is a global thing too, I want to be able to get it in the UK. Thumbs up to the estate!

I'm always a big fan/drinker to Pepsi. If the packaging arrives I can have 2, so I can have the other one not to use for sentimental value.

So I just wanna say to that news. PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE INCLUDE THE BAD TOUR 1988 DVD/BLU-RAY!!!

:D

Michael-jackson-bad-tour-official-logo.jpg

BadPepsi1987.gif

MJJBadPepsiPoster.jpg

MJPepsi_m.jpg

Last edited:

This is excellent news! The Estate are making a big deal about the Bad 25th Anniversary which increases our chances of a live Blu Ray/DVD!

Back