Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael Makes Time Magazine's All Time 100 Fashion Icons List

Thanks
    Thanked 1,662 Times in 249 Posts

Lightbulb Michael Makes Time Magazine's All Time 100 Fashion Icons List

All-TIME 100 Fashion Icons
    From models and muses to designers and photographers, the world of style has no shortage of superstars. We picked the 100 most influential fashion icons since 1923, the beginning of TIME ... magazine (More in Style & Design)

The glittering glove. The Thriller-era leather jacket. Those spit-shined penny loafers that gave him the otherworldly ability to glide across the stage.

Yes, it's no coincidence that we associate the different chapters of the King of Pop's career with the clothes he wore. But what's perhaps most impressive of all when it comes to Jackson's aesthetic is that it never once felt contrived. His wardrobe — though flamboyant — was never some grandiose political statement or performance-art afterthought. Like his music, his style reflected the inverse of an introverted artist wrought with complexity: flashy, singularly talented and larger than life.

It was a wardrobe, for lack of better words, fit for a king.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/pa...l?xid=tweetbut

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to billyworld99 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Re: Michael Makes Time Magazine's All Time 100 Fashion Icons List

I really appreciate the comments in this article. I also NEVER got the impression that MJ's wardrobe was contrived it seemed a very natural reflection of himself. It didn't seem to be for shock, but flash balanced with practicality.

Nice opine from the author and I think spot on.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ginvid For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,902 Times in 3,890 Posts

Finally I see some nice words coming from Time about Michael. His clothes really influenced others. Even his military lines have been copied by many stars.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Petrarose For This Useful Post:

Trying to reach Michael...I cant see him but I feel him...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,410 Times in 427 Posts

Michael was Never outrageous with his wardrobe, he was flashy to an limit and it ALWAYS Looked good on him.(Not like some artists today) His style is very very simple… A t-shirt(any kind), black pants, white socks, penny loafers, and a jacket that says "omg Michael is wearing me" He just made it work and looked amazing *WITH NO EFFORT*. It didnt matter if he was just wearing Pj's and some blazer on top, Michael just had class, #swagg(as they call it today)...

I REST MY CASE

L.o.v.e.
    Romi

*My hearts skips a beat every time I look at you*

9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to earthlyme For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Beautiful words.

-"Michael was so different and unique as both an artist and a person, that many people couldn't wrap their minds around him. He didn't fit into the boxes we like people to fit into. So instead they reduced him, caricatured him, exploited him, and denied him of his complexity, depth, humanity, and artistry." -

11. The Following User Says Thank You to teli-mj For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I so much appreciate there nice words and it was good to read something "nice" about Michael for a change.
    Great article.
    http://xat.com/michaeljackson - OFFICIAL CHAT OF THE KING OF POP! LET'S CHAT EVERYDAY!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,555 Times in 879 Posts

I am so glad, yet not surprised, that they recognized Michael as a style icon. He was a fashion trendsetter through and through. He was original and continues to inspire

Thanks
    Thanked 1,995 Times in 446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by earthlyme View Post
    [SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=#000080]Michael was Never outrageous with his wardrobe, he was flashy to an limit and it ALWAYS Looked good on him.(Not like some artists today) His style is very very simple… A t-shirt(any kind), black pants, white socks, penny loafers, and a jacket that says "omg Michael is wearing me" He just made it work and looked amazing *WITH NO EFFORT*. It didnt matter if he was just wearing Pj's and some blazer on top, Michael just had class, #swagg(as they call it today)...

And had that body. Slender, but muscular, broad shouldered and bootilicious. He was all around yummy yummy scrumptious.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gerryevans For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by billyworld99 View Post
    All-TIME 100 Fashion Icons
    From models and muses to designers and photographers, the world of style has no shortage of superstars. We picked the 100 most influential fashion icons since 1923, the beginning of TIME ... magazine (More in Style & Design)

The glittering glove. The Thriller-era leather jacket. Those spit-shined penny loafers that gave him the otherworldly ability to glide across the stage.

Yes, it's no coincidence that we associate the different chapters of the King of Pop's career with the clothes he wore. But what's perhaps most impressive of all when it comes to Jackson's aesthetic is that it never once felt contrived. His wardrobe — though flamboyant — was never some grandiose political statement or performance-art afterthought. Like his music, his style reflected the inverse of an introverted artist wrought with complexity: flashy, singularly talented and larger than life.

It was a wardrobe, for lack of better words, fit for a king.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/pa...l?xid=tweetbut
    Very nice article, yes Michael was a fashion icon with a wordrobe fit for a king:-)
    Moonwalker Romania

Thanks

Michaels style was incomparable.He so deserves to be among the top fashion icons of our time.There's just something so unique in his style.It was never over the top but at the same time it always grabbed your attention.The article is very nicely written,im happy for that.

Oh,and the Grammy 93 appearance posted above is a fine example of Michael's style.My favorite appearance!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,854 Times in 5,176 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gerryevans View Post
    And had that body. Slender, but muscular, broad shouldered and bootilicious. He was all around yummy yummy scrumptious.
    Love does not see with the eyes but with the heart. (Shakespeare)

MICHAEL, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH... BECAUSE YOU EVOKE THE BEST IN ME.
    "If we can dream, we can do." (Walt Disney)
    TWITTER: Shanti2511

Thanks
    Thanked 11,902 Times in 3,890 Posts

I always loved the way he wore a white undershirt, soooooooooooo elegant and gentlemanly. Basically, Michael looked good in clothes, period!!!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Petrarose For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Very nice words from "Time". They described Michael's fashion perfectly. His fashion just came naturally. They're right about that. It wasn't contrived like say Lady Gaga or Nicki Minaj. His clothing style fit his unique personality perfectly.

It's really amazing though. Not too many entertainers can be easily identified just by one article of clothing, but Michael can. You see that sparkly glove or black loafers/white socks and without even seeing his face, you know who it is. You know it's Michael. I remember reading once in an article where the author said that Michael was a culture unto his own self and they were spot on with that.

Everything about him from his music, voice, dancing, video's, fashion, etc. was simply iconic.

Michael was the whole package period.
    Last edited by Cinnamon234; 04-04-2012 at 01:09 PM.

And When The Groove
    Is Dead And Gone
    You Know That Love Survives
    So We Can Rock Forever
    1958-Forever!!!

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cinnamon234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,493 Times in 647 Posts

He so deserves this recognition. Definitely a fashion icon.
    "Girls want to see some cake."

My Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/edog85

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast