Michael Makes Time Magazine's All Time 100 Fashion Icons List

billyworld99

Proud Member
All-TIME 100 Fashion Icons
From models and muses to designers and photographers, the world of style has no shortage of superstars. We picked the 100 most influential fashion icons since 1923, the beginning of TIME ... magazine (More in Style & Design)

jackson_michael.jpg

The glittering glove. The Thriller-era leather jacket. Those spit-shined penny loafers that gave him the otherworldly ability to glide across the stage.

Yes, it's no coincidence that we associate the different chapters of the King of Pop's career with the clothes he wore. But what's perhaps most impressive of all when it comes to Jackson's aesthetic is that it never once felt contrived. His wardrobe — though flamboyant — was never some grandiose political statement or performance-art afterthought. Like his music, his style reflected the inverse of an introverted artist wrought with complexity: flashy, singularly talented and larger than life.

It was a wardrobe, for lack of better words, fit for a king.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/p...,2110513_2110627_2110680,00.html?xid=tweetbut

I really appreciate the comments in this article. I also NEVER got the impression that MJ's wardrobe was contrived it seemed a very natural reflection of himself. It didn't seem to be for shock, but flash balanced with practicality.

Nice opine from the author and I think spot on.

Finally I see some nice words coming from Time about Michael. His clothes really influenced others. Even his military lines have been copied by many stars.

Michael was Never outrageous with his wardrobe, he was flashy to an limit and it ALWAYS Looked good on him.(Not like some artists today) His style is very very simple… A t-shirt(any kind), black pants, white socks, penny loafers, and a jacket that says "omg Michael is wearing me" :lol: He just made it work and looked amazing *WITH NO EFFORT*. It didnt matter if he was just wearing Pj's and some blazer on top, Michael just had class, #swagg(as they call it today)...

michael_jackson2.jpg

I REST MY CASE :D

L.o.v.e.
Romi

I so much appreciate there nice words and it was good to read something "nice" about Michael for a change.
Great article.

I am so glad, yet not surprised, that they recognized Michael as a style icon. He was a fashion trendsetter through and through. He was original and continues to inspire :)

earthlyme;3618490 said:
Michael was Never outrageous with his wardrobe, he was flashy to an limit and it ALWAYS Looked good on him.(Not like some artists today) His style is very very simple… A t-shirt(any kind), black pants, white socks, penny loafers, and a jacket that says "omg Michael is wearing me" :lol: He just made it work and looked amazing *WITH NO EFFORT*. It didnt matter if he was just wearing Pj's and some blazer on top, Michael just had class, #swagg(as they call it today)...

And had that body. Slender, but muscular, broad shouldered and bootilicious. He was all around yummy yummy scrumptious.

billyworld99;3618326 said:
All-TIME 100 Fashion Icons
From models and muses to designers and photographers, the world of style has no shortage of superstars. We picked the 100 most influential fashion icons since 1923, the beginning of TIME ... magazine (More in Style & Design)

jackson_michael.jpg

The glittering glove. The Thriller-era leather jacket. Those spit-shined penny loafers that gave him the otherworldly ability to glide across the stage.

Yes, it's no coincidence that we associate the different chapters of the King of Pop's career with the clothes he wore. But what's perhaps most impressive of all when it comes to Jackson's aesthetic is that it never once felt contrived. His wardrobe — though flamboyant — was never some grandiose political statement or performance-art afterthought. Like his music, his style reflected the inverse of an introverted artist wrought with complexity: flashy, singularly talented and larger than life.

It was a wardrobe, for lack of better words, fit for a king.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/p...,2110513_2110627_2110680,00.html?xid=tweetbut

Very nice article, yes Michael was a fashion icon with a wordrobe fit for a king:)

Michaels style was incomparable.He so deserves to be among the top fashion icons of our time.There's just something so unique in his style.It was never over the top but at the same time it always grabbed your attention.The article is very nicely written,im happy for that.

Oh,and the Grammy 93 appearance posted above is a fine example of Michael's style.My favorite appearance!!!

I always loved the way he wore a white undershirt, soooooooooooo elegant and gentlemanly. Basically, Michael looked good in clothes, period!!!

Very nice words from "Time". They described Michael's fashion perfectly. His fashion just came naturally. They're right about that. It wasn't contrived like say Lady Gaga or Nicki Minaj. His clothing style fit his unique personality perfectly.

It's really amazing though. Not too many entertainers can be easily identified just by one article of clothing, but Michael can. You see that sparkly glove or black loafers/white socks and without even seeing his face, you know who it is. You know it's Michael. I remember reading once in an article where the author said that Michael was a culture unto his own self and they were spot on with that.

Everything about him from his music, voice, dancing, video's, fashion, etc. was simply iconic.

Michael was the whole package period.

Last edited:
I always loved the way he wore a white undershirt, soooooooooooo elegant and gentlemanly. Basically, Michael looked good in clothes, period!!!

*cough cough* a slight correction. Basically, Michael looked good with or without clothes on, period!

(running to the manhood thread now :fear:

*cough cough* a slight correction. Basically, Michael looked good with or without clothes on, period!

(running to the manhood thread now :fear:

:laugh: see you there !!

Very nice article, "Fashion Icon" !! Michael has impacted the world in so many ways, this one is one more on the long list -

Last edited:
Back