Robin Gibb in Coma

ConservativeMind

Proud Member
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ee-Gees-star-coma-doctors-fear-days-live.html

Robin Gibb is lying in a coma as doctors fear he only has days to live, it has been reported.

The Bee Gees star's family were keeping a bedside vigil, praying for the 62-year-old's survival.
He appeared to have made a recovery from liver and colon cancer this year, but doctors believe a second tumor may be present, reported The Sun.
He has also developed pneumonia.

This not not look good at all. Praying for Robin and his family.
Thay have had so many losses, all the brothers so young :(

This is so sad to hear. You're right, qbee, this isn't sounding too good. :( My prayers go out to Robin as well. :praying

This really is a sad situation...he is a beautiful human being,,,his heart is so big...as a fan of the BeeGees for many years it is going to be sad if Robin passes. I am sending out prayers to the entire family. I pray for their strength and that Robin does not suffer. smh......sad...:(

This is horrible news........

I feel for his family especially big brother Barry, he has lived through so much tragedy in his family and this will break his heart!!!!

I am praying for Robin to fight through this!!!

A little more detail:
This is so desperately sad.

Reports: Robin Gibb gravely ill in hospital

LONDON (AP) — Former Bee Gee Robin Gibb is gravely ill with pneumonia in a London hospital, British media reported Saturday.

The Sun newspaper reported that 62-year-old Gibb is in a coma, citing a family friend.

The newspaper and the Press Association news agency said family members including wife Dwina and brother Barry were at his bedside.

Gibb’s publicist, Doug Wright, declined to comment, but Gibb’s son has acknowledged that the 62-year-old musician is seriously ill in a hospital.

Gibb was hospitalized last year for stomach and colon problems and had intestinal surgery last month.

Gibb has not specified the exact nature of his illness – widely reported to be cancer – but told the BBC he had a growth on his colon that was removed.

He said earlier this year that he was making a good recovery, but was forced to miss the London premiere of his classical “Titanic Requiem” this week because of illness. His son Robin-John Gibb said the family was “praying for him and hoping he has a speedy recovery.”

The Bee Gees – British-born, Australia-raised brothers Robin, Barry and Maurice Gibb – had a string of disco-era hits including “How Deep is Your Love” and “Stayin’ Alive.” Their soundtrack to the movie Saturday Night Fever was one of the best-selling albums of the 1970s.

The Bee Gees became members of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and won seven Grammy Awards.

Maurice Gibb, Robin’s twin brother, died in 2003 at the age of 53 due to complications from a twisted intestine.

The Bee Gees’ younger brother, Andy, who had a successful solo career, died in 1988 at age 30 of a heart ailment.

UPDATE: Gibb’s official website confirms that the singer contracted pneumonia and is in a coma.

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2012/04/14/robin-gibb-gravely-ill/

News of Gibb's condition elicited a flood of support on social network sites and in the music community.

Peter Frampton, who like the Bee Gees rose to fame in the 1970s, wrote on Twitter, "My positive thoughts go out to Robin Gibb and all of the Gibb family. I am wishing you the best and hope for a quick recovery. Much love 2 U."

Others offering their thoughts and prayers online included Julian Lennon, the son of John Lennon, and former Jackson 5 member Jackie Jackson.

Diane Warren -- who herself has written and produced dozens of popular songs for a wide range of performers, including Aretha Franklin and Justin Bieber -- described Gibb as "one of the best songwriters of all time."

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/04/14/showbiz/robin-gibb-coma/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Hopefully prayers are being answered....some good news about Robin:

Robin Gibb 'wakes from coma'
Published Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 13:52 BST | By Colin Daniels

He has apparently woken from the coma after his family, including brother Barry, played music and sang to him during their bedside vigil.

Gibb is nodding his head and communicating with friends and family. He cried in response to Roy Orbison's hit 'Crying', his wife Dwina told The Sun.

"He's moving his head and nodding. When we're asking questions he's responding to them. I can't believe it," Dwina said outside his London hospital.

"We've been playing music to him all along. I thought he'd respond to it and, when they hooked him up to an ECG scanner, it showed he was.

"We're very pleased. We think he might even talk once the tubes come out."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a377769/robin-gibb-wakes-from-coma.html?rss

Robin Gibb's family 'can't believe' his progress since he woke from his coma.

The Bee Gees singer - who slipped into a coma last week after suffering pneumonia having recently battled cancer - has been nodding his head and communicating with loved ones after they played him music during all-night bedside vigils, and even wept in response to one song, Roy Orbison's hit 'Crying'.

Robin's wife Dwina said: 'He's moving his head and nodding. When we're asking questions he's responding to them. I can't believe it.

'We've been playing music to him all along. I thought he'd respond to it and, when they hooked him up to an ECG scanner, it showed he was.

'We're very pleased. We think he might even talk once the tubes come out.'

Dwina has also admitted she is 'very grateful' for the support she and Robin have received from their families during his illness.

She told The Impartial Reporter: 'His brother Barry, his wife Linda and son Stephen came over from America. Barry was singing to him. Thousands of people are saying prayers every day,

'My mother has been frequently communicating with us by phone and keeping us close in her prayers. I am very grateful for the special support I have been receiving from my nephew Steven Murphy who has been keeping a close vigil at Robin's beside and being of great support to all of us friends and family here in London. We adore him.'

Robin was diagnosed with cancer 18 months ago after being rushed to hospital with abdominal pain.

The teetotal vegan subsequently underwent seven rounds of chemotherapy, and previously admitted he wonders if his family tragedies - including the deaths of his brothers Andy in 1988 and Maurice in 2003 - are a 'karmic price' for the band's worldwide success.

He said: 'I sometimes wonder if all the tragedies my family has suffered, like Andy and Maurice dying so young and everything that's happened to me recently, is a kind of karmic price we are paying for all the fame and fortune we've had.

'But we've worked hard for everything we've achieved.'

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/p...97012.php/Robin-Gibb-astonishes-with-progress

Last edited:
Back