Today in Michael Jackson HIStory: April 14th

earthlyme

Proud Member
Trying to reach Michael...I cant see him but I fee
~April 14~

The Jackson Family including Latoya, Randy and little Janet plays the sixth of fifteen nights at the MGM Grand Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada.

The Jacksons kick off the US Tour in Cleveland ( Ohio )
jacksons_destiny_tour_1979.jpg

Michael & Paul McCartney start recording the song The Girl Is Mine in Los Angeles.
Paul-McCartney-and-Michae-001.jpg

Michael attends a Martell foundation dinner.

Michael plays the second of three nights at The Omni, Atlanta, Georgia.
Bad-Tour-michael-jackson-10895672-393-404.jpg

At the 2nd World Music Awards in , Michael accepts two awards from Whitney Houston via satellite from Neverland.[Video @ the end]

Michael goes to see the movie Stomp at the Orpheum in NYC

Michael stops by Paris before going back to London .

Michael goes to court with Katherine. Janet Arvizo Jackson's testimony goes on.
88694317.jpg

LOS ANGELES – A collection of Michael Jackson's possessions from Neverland Ranch is safe from the auctioneer's gavel now that the pop singer and Julien's Auction House have reached a settlement to their dispute over whether 2,000 items were ever intended for sale.Specific terms were not disclosed. But, in short, Jackson keeps his things, while Julien's keeps its exhibition, which was open to the public and originally meant to promote next week's sale."There was so much interest from so many of Jackson's fans that instead of putting the items in the hands of private collectors, Dr. Tohme and Julien's Auction House have made arrangements that will allow the collection to be shared with and enjoyed by Jackson's fans for many years to come," read a joint statement from Jackson spokesman Dr. Tohme R. Tohme and auction organizer Darren Julien.Jackson's production company, MJJ Productions, sued Julien in early March, seeking to halt the sale by arguing that Jackson hadn't authorized it. A judge blocked one effort by MJJ Productions to cancel it earlier this month, and another was scheduled to hear arguments Wednesday for an injunction."I believe both sides are pleased with the resolution," Julien said Tuesday by telephone.Julien has said he spent $2 million organizing the sale, which another auctioneer estimated could have fetched $12 million after its April 22 start. The exhibition in Beverly Hills costs $20 to attend, and auction catalogues — a $50 single volume and $200, five-volume boxed set — were still selling, Julien said.The statement also said MJJ Productions and Julien's Auction House would be making a "substantial" donation to MusiCares to benefit artists in need.Julien said all of Jackson's possessions, which the auction house took directly from the Neverland Ranch property, would be returned to the pop singer. He would not say where they would be taken.

Michael has a meeting with Leonard Rowe & Joe Jackson at his home in Beverly Hills and signs the letter adressed to Randy Philips of AEG to advise him that he has appointed Leonard Rowe as his representative.

At the 2nd World Music Awards in , Michael accepts two awards from Whitney Houston via satellite from Neverland.
[video=youtube;V4ePnv_gQDA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4ePnv_gQDA[/video]

Quote of the day:
"People always told me, be careful what you do, don't go around breaking young girls heart…"
-Michael Jackson, Billie Jean

***Please feel free to add any information/pics/videos in regards to this HIStoric day.

HAVE A Wonderful Weekend :heart: :)

Back