Redemption: Geraldine Hughes wants fans to fund Movie based on her book

Re: Redemption: A New Michael Jackson Movie

Wow! That could be interesting. Thanks for the news!

Geraldine's book is great!

I'm sure it is. I wish I have her book right now I wanna read it.

wow, great!!

I thought her book was mainly about religious things and had only a little piece on Michael--unless I am thinking of another book?

I thought her book was mainly about religious things and had only a little piece on Michael--unless I am thinking of another book?

She's very religious, that is clear from her book, but it's not about religious things. She was the legal secretary of Barry Rothman the lawyer who represented the Chandlers when the allegations emerged. And she was eyewitness to some of the plotting they did. Also her book is good at explaining legal stuff - for example Michael's reasons for the settlement, legally speaking.

She's very religious, that is clear from her book, but it's not about religious things. She was the legal secretary of Barry Rothman the lawyer who represented the Chandlers when the allegations emerged. And she was eyewitness to some of the plotting they did. Also her book is good at explaining legal stuff - for example Michael's reasons for the settlement, legally speaking.

Oh thanks. I did not realize she covered the issues in depth, although I knew she witnessed the plots. I didn't realize she had enough information in there to make a movie.

Oh thanks. I did not realize she covered the issues in depth, although I knew she witnessed the plots. I didn't realize she had enough information in there to make a movie.

To be honest I don't see how this will be a movie, since I don't think it's that type of book. It's a lot of legal talk. Maybe it will be a documentary? That would make more sense to me. But we will see.

If this is done well it could get out there to the masses, only time will tell. But I for one wish it well as the book was very enlightening.

Hughes saying any religious stuff in the book doesn't affect the info about what MJ went through and what she witness in 93. And Frankly I hate when some bring that up. All she does in the book interms of religion is simply say that was her stregth in getting through all she witness, no big deal. The book is WORTH reading. With out Geradine's info there would have been no GQ Article in 94 in the first place. For she was the one who provided all that info to Mary A. Fischer!

Last edited:

That would be interesting. I met her and bought a signed book from her in hollywood but I think I've lost it now somehow. I haven't seen it for years. It was a really good book. I dont know how they could make a movie of it but it'll be nice to see.

Her saying any religious stuff in the book doesn't affect the info about what MJ went through and what she witness in 93. And Frankly I hate when some bring that up. All she does in the book interms of religion is simply say that was her stregth in getting through all she witness, no big deal. The book is WORTH reading. With out Geradine's info there would have been no GQ Article in 94 in the first place. For she was the one who provided all that info to Mary A. Fischer!

Oh we are not demeaning the religious part, but only asking if the book did include such material. No one is knocking the book and the information about Michael.

I'm not religious myself, in fact, I have strong feelings against religion. But Geraldine is religious and it's her right to bring that up in her book. I just skipped those parts. But all the legal information and what she witnessed is very useful.

Good news.

I don't see how you can make a commercially successful movie out of this book. 9 chances out of 10 that this project will flop.

Redemption is a great book and I think if somebody decided to put this story on the screen it's a good news. There are still a lot of ppl who blame Michael for that settlement with Chandlers. So they should watch this movie and research all details of that drama.

The powers that be wouldnt let this project work just like they made it pretty much impossible for this book to get stocked in stores. i remember the publisher talking about how they had never faced such hostility when trying to get shops to stock it

^ I understand what you're saying, but maybe things have changed? :unsure: The thought that it is even being considered is good news to me. :)

:sarmoti Happy Days. This book is a great read explained a lot of things that I would not have understood otherwise (legal terms).

SimplyMagic I agree, the fact they are thinking (and starting to create) of turning this book into a movie is Fantastic!
Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathon > I hope now it is time that the truth is heard and people / media move beyond the lies and sensationalism!

Last edited:

oh man it would be great if this were to happen

They need to put: "This movie is based on facts" at the beginning of the movie so people will know they are not looking at a made up hollywood movie.

Redemption and Conspiracy by Aphrodite Jones should be part of a movie or a episode of some crime tv series..., literally about the MJs cases, there is no need to use MJs name, but the character(s)....

^^I would want them to use Michael's name. That is he point of the books being movies--to show that Michael was innocent and to allow the audience to see what went on. I just reread the Jones book last week, and to see again this child's inconsistencies, makes you feel that this information needs to go out to the public.

I really hope this gets off the ground, and portrays what happened as the book does - the truth!

It sounds like a good idea but I don't think it will happen.

Personally I think this would be much better as a documentary with sum re-enactments instead of a movie..

Reason: The budget of this film would very most likely be low, too low to bring together writers, actors, director, and great equiptment to make this movie feel true to its story. When making a biographical film, a specific level of realism has to be brought forth to bring the true nature of the story bringing in the emotion of the audience.

Now with documentaries, its sole purpose is not to bring an emotional attatchment, but more so to highlight the key elements of the story. The way it is traditionally demostrated allows the audience step out of the emotional attatchment.

No way could this film draw in as much being a movie over a documentary. NOT this story with the budget it would be given.

No, please. People forgot that awful period. Don't make a movie out of it!

I hope the estate won't approve this.

Back