Bad 25 - What's your Favourite Song ? ... and why? + Poll

Bad 25 - What's your Favourite Song ? ... and why?

• Don't be messin' 'round

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I'm So Blue

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • Song Groove (A/K/A Abortion Papers)

Votes: 16 9.1%
  • Free

Votes: 16 9.1%
  • Price Of Fame

Votes: 39 22.3%
  • Al Capone

Votes: 55 31.4%

• Total voters

mjchris

Proud Member
Now after we have all 6 new songs, the simple question is...

What is your favourite Song of BAD 25?

Don't be messin' 'round
I'm So Blue
Song Groove (A/K/A Abortion Papers)
Free
Price Of Fame
Al Capone

Why?

What is your rating for each new Song?

1 - 5, 5 is BEST
(ONLY the new songs, not the DVD or the complete Box Set,...)

Last edited:
Re: Bad 25 - What's your Favourite Song ...? ... and why? + Poll

after hearing the songs only one time, my favourite at the moment is

SONG GROOVE

i like the beats. its similar to streetwalker. i like how mike is geting into this song. fantastic. i like this "dirty" singing.
that's simply the KING at his best! :)
shit, i cant get enough of this song ... :punk:

Last edited:
Re: Bad 25 - What's your Favourite Song ...? ... and why? + Poll

my rating after hearing one time:

Don't be messin' 'round

I'm So Blue

Free

Price Of Fame

Al Capone

poll is coming later...

Re: Bad 25 - What's your Favourite Song ...? ... and why? + Pool

Don't Be Messin' 'Round

I'm So Blue

Free

Price Of Fame

Al Capone

Don't Be Messin 'round

I'm So Blue

Song Groove/Abortion Papers

Free

Price Of Fame

Al Capone

al capone because its very fresh and catchy!

sounds a bit like smooth criminal, but is still a own song in my opinion! ;)

Last edited:
Don't be Messin 'round
2.5/3

I'm so Blue

Song Groove

Free

Price of Fame

Al Capone

My favourite Song of BAD 25 is Al Capone.

Don't Be Messin' Around 3.5
I'm So Blue 4.0
Abortion Papers 4.0
Free 4.0
Price of Fame 5.0
Al Capone 5.0

Price of Fame. Not even wishing to hear it in full, but I'm wishing if the song will come out as a single with an excellent with music video, pardon... short film lol

I'm torn between Al Capone, Price of Fame and I'm So Blue. Al Capone for now, but it may change.

Al Capone is my fav. Really great sounding piece, makes me wanna dance. And Michael's vocals are so cool in it even though at parts I don't understand entirely everything he's singing, but that doesn't bother me re, how can you let him get away part. Amazing :)

If I were to go back in time and add one of these songs to the BAD album it would have to be price of fame.
Price of fame though ultimately, I feel is number 1 on this album... I also feel that 'POF' has more going for it than any of the other tracks-In terms of it's relevance to the BAD album and it's indaviduality in contrast to the official songs from the BAD album.

I'm so Blue is my second favorite track, although I still can't tell what he says in the chorus, It's catchy, it sounds finished and has relevance to all his other tracks.

What dominates my decision on these tracks are Michaels repeated/echo/backing vocals, It sounds like a classic mj song.

I can't choose, they are all gorgeous. Michael's laughter at the end of Free brought tears to my eyes.

Very hard to choose one :

My two favorites are :

I am so blue : 5/5
Price of Fame : 4.999999999/5

I love so much the vocals.

those two songs stick in my head.

Definitely Al Capone ;) I rate it 100 in 5 range scale :D

It's just so amazing! I love the drums and bass base. Mike's vocals are insane and smilar to one of my all time fav - SC :)

Price of Fame, has a lot of narrative, obviously giving Michael's circumstances as a phenomenal superstar but It seems to hold a lot a narrative in the song, despite the verses continuously being repeated. I like the way that Michael's backing vocals are used as a subtle beat, the words "Do Ya'" are continuously repeated much like 'Who Is It's beat boxing usage. which very much challenges the titles track of "Price of Fame", Do you pay the price of fame or can you get away without paying it? Sadly, Michael kep't "living to win" but eventually the Price of Fame ultimately killed him.

'Price of Fame' is really interesting in regards to the lyrics and expanding on Michael's relationship with his Father.

"my father always told me you will live a quiet life... if you are reaching for fortunate and fame and i feel the pressure sinkin' in, I'm living just to win, I'm feelin' all this pain... don't you ever complain, It's the price of fame, you pay the price for fame"

"my father never lies... so don't be feeling this way boy!"

I don't know if I'm making this up in my own head but Price of Fame really seems to demonstrate and show a aggressive side of Michael. Michael uses the line "my father always told me you will live a quiet life... if you are reaching for fortune and fame" As if it is once a conversation that he had when he was much younger, Perhaps this was Joseph's bribery to Michael to get him to perform more and encourage his ambition and his exhaustion of talent to make money? Of course, The lyrics are not true to his fathers words and instead 'reaching for fortune and fame' did very much the opposite and put Michael In the spotlight more, in contrast to what Joseph said to Michael when he was a young kid. Michael's aggressive stance enters in when he sings the line "my farther never lies!... my farther never lies... my farther never lies" given that this was the 80's Michael's success had obviously peaked and Michael from this obviously learnt that his father deceived him so therefore using the line in the song becomes sarcastic and almost hindering at his farthers hypocritical and deceitful words back when he was younger. "Don't you ever complain!" also, sounds like another line taken from Joseph which really shows off just how hypocritical and devious he was, considering what he originally said to Michael about "my farther always told me you will live a quiet life... if you are reaching for fortunate and fame" Michael also asks his father, the audience, the listeners to "stand in his shoes", I think, mainly aimed at Joseph this line suggests that after all the years he would like Joseph to come stand in his shoes and see what he has done by persuading Michael to reach for fortune and fame, Fame did not give Michael a quiet life, It destroyed his life and benefited everyone financially and Michael payed the cost.

I could keep going on but ultimately, It's a great song. It's a emotional roller-coaster with a strong narrative expressing and exhausting the stress of fame, angst, upset and naivety of people slandering Michael when they should instead "come stand in his shoes" Plus, it's really insightful to Michael's relationship with his dad which hasn't been used so vocally in many songs.

Price of Fame and Al Capone are the best songs for me!

Al Capone = So much energy better than Smooth Criminal
Price of Fame = So much emotions :D

I haven't heard all of them yet. Just only Al Capone, Price Of Fame, and Song Groove. And I just totally L.O.V.E. all of them. But I just had to vote for Al Capone. Since I just so L.O.V.E. that one the most so far.

Al Capone is nowhere near the quality of Smooth Criminal, and the hook is not as catchy. Methinks it's the novelty talking.

I can't believe Abortion Papers has ranked so low. I like it so much more than any of the others.

AC and POF have been in my dream last night and in my head all day long today. it's crazy.

popcorn-MJ.gif
:shifty:

I'm So Blue and Abortion Papers are tied as my respective fav slow and fast song on Bad 25 at the moment. Don't understand the love for Al Capone- it sounds a little too unfinished for my tastes. Price of the Fame goes 2nd with Free after then Al Capone. My opinion could change so I'm not voting yet, but this was my first impression.

Every song gets a five. But by far the best track is I'm So Blue. The entire song is just gorgeous from the ground up.

Back