The Bad Tour Wembley concert vs the concerts in Dangerous Tour and HIStory Tour

john13th

Proud Member
Now that many of you fans have gotten a copy of the Bad Tour Wembley DVD concert, I am interested to hear from you what you think of his performance at the Wembley concert. Was it his peak performance when it comes to his dance and vocals and the bands instrumentals or do you think it became better during the Dangerous Tour in Bucharest and HIStory Tour in Munich (or other concerts that have been amateur/professionally filmed)?

Ok so I finished watching BAD tour a few hours ago and I'm in LOVE with it. I will watch it again soon. This is the same thing I've said for DWT and HWT.

Bad tour was his first solo tour where her collaborated with different kinds of people and played with different ideas on how to make the show better. compared to the Japan concerts, BWT is very similar to DWT in some of the perfomances…For example; *Working Day and Night*- In Japan, when he said the verse "Scratch my shoulder* Dum dum dum(drums)- he does not move his soulders, where as @ the Wembley and DWT he does. There are also some unique things that Michael did on DWT/HWT that he did not do on the BWT because he was yet to be comfortable with the set up in BWT! My first LOVE will always be the DWT because thats the first Official Tour DVD I watched of Michael. And then the HWT. NOW BWT is here, I'm sure I'm gonna love it as the other two tours...

and Let me say this, People say Michael's Peak was the Bad Tour (because he was younger, fresh and just exciting)! well To those people, I say DWT and HWT were Wonderful too (Because even if he got older, he still had it and made the Show more incredible)!!!

L.o.v.e.
Romi

Last edited:
I have to say that the Wembley show is great, but I much prefer the Dangerous Bucharest concert. I just feel that MJ was a better performer at the time of Dangerous World Tour. The Bucharest show is more dramatic in my opinion and makes for a better show.

Dangerous was 50% lip synched and HIStory like 90% (disclaimer - percentages may not be accurate!). Bad tour was his peak as an all around performer IMO.

Dangerous was 50% lip synched and HIStory like 90% (disclaimer - percentages may not be accurate!). Bad tour was his peak as an all around performer IMO.
I understand lip synced more on DWT, but in my opinion it was a better show because MJ was a better performer at that point.

Prefer Dangerous tour. Good balance of playback - not too much. His voice was more mature than Bad era and actually I would like to say I like it better (in 1992 at least). His moves were way more evolved since Bad tour, yet he still had Bad tour energy. Billie Jean was hands down the best in Dangerous tour IMO. MITM was always epic in DWT too and with better live vocals than Bad tour I'd say. Only downer on MITM was that MJ didn't do long awesome spins that much anymore like Bad tour, but when he did they were out of this world (the one in Bucharest taken from another concert and also Monza 1992 July 7). To me - Dangerous is the 1st, then Bad, then History. Jacksons tours I don't count in this category, that's other story.

I think his dancing was better in DWT but I think mostly because of the miming in some songs. It's easier to do it if you don't have to sing.

I'm still in love with the BWT because his voice is GREAT, he sings it all live, and overally the energy is better! I'd say it's his peak as a performer!

Bad Tour>Dangerous Tour>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>HIStory Tour.

MJ's perfomance at Wembley on the DVD is simply sublime in every aspect. Most of the concert is sung live, it is more about the music than the theatrics, it's more spontaneous and Mike's vocals are far better on the Bad Tour than on the Dangerous and HIStory tours.

Even on MITM, Mike sings more of it live on the Bad Tour than on the Dangerous tour. His vocals for WBSS and Human Nature on the Bad Tour were far better than the Dangerous Tour where he sounded a lot more hoarse and his vocals weren't as smooth.

However, as a dancer Mike was just incredible in every world tour. Whilst I have a lot of reservations about the HIStory tour because it was almost all playback, his dancing was still spectacular.

But taking everything into account - vocals, music, dancing, energy, spontaneity, theatrics, the chemistry between Mike and the band, etc etc the Bad Tour is the best. The Wembley DVD is stunning from start to finish.

In my opinion:

Bad Tour:
+ Best Vocals, More Live Songs
+ Much more Energy in Performance
- but Less Choreographies and Dancing

Dangerous Tour:

+ Best Dancing
- bit less energy (still very great)
- less live

History Tour:
+ dancing like @Dangerous Tour
- nearly nothing live

All in all:
Its great to have one Bad Tour 88 Concert and one Dangerous Tour Concert!

A bad 99 LA concert and Dangerous Tour 93 would be interesting, but thats it ;)

History Tour:
+ dancing like @Dangerous Tour

Hmm, nope.. His dance was bit more perfected than Dangerous tour yet it didn't have so much energy (slower though mindblowingly precise).

Dangerous Tour where he sounded a lot more hoarse and his vocals weren't as smooth.

Lol, I actually like that :D Beat It from Bucharest is one of best I've seen overall (yes, better than Bad tour and I mean both vocal and dance). I love MJ's gritty voice.

Last edited:
I think vocally Bad tour is better, but in dancing and coreography, Dangerous wins. Overall is difficult to choose, but I think that if we get a DWT release edited like Wembley(without excessive crowd shots), we can see who wins... hehe

Dangerous is great but I wish we had a different concert like Munich, Wembley or Tokyo. At Bucharest his vocals aren't the best. "ppl always toll meh!"

Per leg:

Bad Tour
Best tour for live vocals.
*First Leg
+100% Live
-Not as much dance moves
-Not as much songs from Bad album
*Second Leg
+80% live
+Much more songs from Bad album
+More dance moves

LA looks cool but he sounds more off-tune as he had laryngitis.

Dangerous Tour
Best all-around tour, balance of live and playback with much energy.
*First leg
+60% Live
+Great dancing
*Second leg (Japan)
+Same as above
+same as above
+New Years Celebration
*Third leg
+interesting vocals, different style
-dancing not the best, sometimes no toe stand in Billie Jean for example
-Sometimes no MITM
-here's the biggest one, MJ was struggling with his drug addiction and he was clearly in pain.

HIStory Tour
Overall best tour for stage theatrics, but worst for "live vocals" (OMG PLAYBACK). Though I gotta admit, I like how Billie Jean sounds as playback it sounds like an epic remix.
+Best presentation and stage theatrics, in my opinion, like Earth Song
+Golden pants
-Lame ending, if Earth Song was the ending it would have been better than HIStory
-80% playback
*First Leg
+More songs on setlist
+Lots of energy in some concerts
+/- Moonwalk was often "rough" and second moonwalk was often "off." Maybe he intended on this.
-Energy was hit-or-miss in some other concerts, struggled in Seoul and Taiwan concerts.
-Moves sometimes repetitive
-WTF Off the Wall Medley?!? 38 year-old MJ lipsyncing to 20 years old MJ, lol
*Second leg
+Best robotics EVER, smoothest gliding moves
+Sings more live ad-libs.
+/- Moonwalk was "upright". I know some fans don't like this but I think it's smoother than most first leg.
-Vienna and Munich was not his best.
-Although mostly better vocals than first leg, his voice was hit-or-miss. In Helsinki for example sounds "at his best" at times but he also cracks up a few times as well.
-A little "lazy" near the end of the tour, but his moves were overall smoother.

Second leg of the BWT was great because of the awesome setlist, vocals, visuals and dancing was great too... but the first leg of the DWT was like a revised continuation from the last tour, very similar set lists, more jaw dropping special effects and his moves was down right perfect. Only down side was the lip syncing but that was only so he could focus more on dancing. In the end, it really depends on which you prefer more out of MJ, live singing or all out dancing? I personally gotta choose Dangerous Tour :)

Anyone else notice that now that we have a Bad Tour DVD, were all saying we liked MJ's performance in 1992 more? I found that kind of funny... now lets start a "Keep The Magic Campaign" for a release from Munich 1992 B)

Depends what you like. I like the simplicity of the Bad Tour, it's Michael full of energy, singing live and dancing without the gimmicks.

The Dangerous Tour is awesome but I'm blown away by this. I don't know, I guess I can't remember just how I reacted to the Dangerous Tour.

This felt like I was watching Michael again for the first time.

Wanna Be Startin Somethin - Bad Tour
I Just Can't Stop Loving You - Dangerous Tour
She's Out Of My Life - Bad Tour
Jackson 5 Medley - Bad Tour
Human Nature - Bad Tour
Smooth Criminal - Dangerous Tour
Thriller - Bad Tour
Working Day And Night - Dangerous Tour
Beat It - Bad Tour
Billie Jean - Dangerous Tour
Bad - Bad Tour
Man In The Mirror - Dangerous Tour

Bad Tour - 7
Dangerous Tour - 5

the show @dangerous tour is so much better in my opinion?!

why bad tour for thriller?

Agree DWT is better show IMO. But still I kinda choose Bad tour cuz it's live Thriller. Though I love the visual of DWT more.

I agree that Thriller is better on the Bad Tour. He sings it live. Dangerous tour he lip syncs it.

i have to say in thriller i dont care if he lip syncs, the show is more important in that one :)

my opinion

i have to say in thriller i dont care if he lip syncs, the show is more important in that one :)

my opinion

ANY song that Mike sings live in will almost always win it for me. I actually want to hear him SING the song. Not just dance to it.

For fast songs like Jam and Smooth Criminal it is very difficult to dance and sing at the same time and the lip syncing for those songs don't bother me.

lol at pple only preferring thriller on the bad tour cuz its live, thriller "live" doesnt sound that great at all. overall performance wise, thriller dwt >bwt

lol at pple only preferring thriller on the bad tour cuz its live, thriller "live" doesnt sound that great at all. overall performance wise, thriller dwt >bwt

Well that's your opinion. I think Thriller sounds great when it's sung live, for example on the Wembley DVD. Mike is a singer as much as he's a dancer. If he can pull off doing both at the same time then it will always be a better overall performance, in my opinion.

Bad world tour is the best by far. it seems more raw and natural plus his voice was great, Dangerous is more choreographed and you can tell Michael had become an even better dancer, slicker moves etc. History though i think looking back was very boring due to the terrible amount of lip syncing going on. it was criminal!!!, when Michael did sing live he sounded rough as hell. would of loved to have heard stranger in moscow with live vocals!!

I love the Bad and the Dangerous tour, HIStory trails behind for me. I agree that when it comes to the theatrical aspects, the Dangerous Tour is an improvement over the Bad Tour. MJ's dancing also became even more precise on the Dangerous tour, but the energy level during the Bad Tour is a bit higher.

In the end, what counts most for me are the vocals though - live vocals are what drag me into a performance, what makes me feel connected with the performer and what gives every show a distinct feel. I highly prefer live vocals with slightly less precise dancing over playback with incredibly precise moves, without a doubt. Because of that, I vote for the Bad Tour.

I'll first say I haven't seen the Wembley show yet because Amazon is still trying to deliver it...even though I preordered in May...:doh:. But I do have an overall opinion on each tour.

The Dangerous tour is what I grew up on. I was 4 years old when that show aired on HBO and I still remember the night it premiered and how I got to stay up and watch and record the whole thing. It was a once in a life time experience and I loved it. As far as the DVD is concerned...it has it's negatives. I hate all of the crowd shots and noise...in fact I wish they'd re-release it without all of that mess. His moves were an extension of the BAD tour and come across as more polished. I'd still say he was in his prime.

Most of the BAD tour shows I've seen, I would say that Michael was def. at his peak as an overall performer/singer. In my opinion, although the dancing wasn't always as stellar, it was still amazing. The energry and the live vocals is what makes this tour stand out and that is something that can not be matched, at least overall. The second leg of the tour is when he truly seemed to come into his own, while in the Dangerous tour he clearly was.

History gets a bad rep because of the lack of live audio. Even so, I still love watching the ab-lib singing and finishing dance sequence for Billie Jean. He was doing so many robotic moves for that section, that he never showed (at that level). It was as if he knew that he wasn't singing live so he often gave the fans a little extra something special for that sequence. The energy for this tour doesn't match that of the previous two, but he was still able to evolve as a dancer and add new and fresh elements. I think that is what makes the dance parts of Billie Jean so special to me. The energy was just enough to truly reflect the robotic movements he showed off.

So which do I prefer? I'd say it depends on the song and performance but overall? I think the Dangerous Tour for the pure fact that it holds a special place in my childhood that it is hard for me to say anything is better. Still, from what I have seend, this show makes a good case.

Wanna Be Startin Somethin - History Tour
I Just Can't Stop Loving You - Dangerous Tour
She's Out Of My Life - Dangerous Tour ! Bad Tour its so, idk odd how he's doing when the girl comes on stage. after 30sec sends her away.
Jackson 5 Medley - Bad Tour
Human Nature - Bad Tour 87 vocaly, performance DWT
Smooth Criminal - Dangerous Tour
Thriller - Dangerous by far. the ending
Working Day And Night - none, don't like that song
Beat It - DANGEROUS!!! BWT(???) are you crazy? in Dangerous the crane 'hoows' are better, the fencing move, the ending everything is bad ass cool. DWT just kicks BWT in the butt here
Billie Jean - Dangerous Tour vocaly/history dancing
Bad - Bad Tour
Man In The Mirror - Dangerous Tour

Ohh yeah.

24dcf9a2ec.jpg

he sounded bad (or the same) on all tours in WBSS.

Copenhagen isn't that bad vocally. Helsinky was also pretty good performance and vocals, if i remember right.
for me is Munich the coolest of all. just vocally is the worst of all.

Back